Game Sharks??

• Thread starter milefile
  • 19 comments
A newbie's ignorance...

What the heck are game sharks and how do you use them? :confused:

Remember, I know nothing so start at the begining.

Mate,

It's a bit of kit that allows you to hook your PS2 (save games) up to your PC. It means that you can download your gaem and store it on your hard drive. The save game can then be edited so you can create 'hybrid' cars (cars that look like one thing but behave like another) and other stuff.

There is a section here all about them, worth reading!

post agin if you've any more questions. I've just bought the english version the 'Xport' and so will be finding out all about them in the next few days.

Laters

OH yeah, while i remember they also allow you to enter on line competitions by emailing your replays to a, er, adjudicator (?) who will compare it against other entrants and post a league table.

Finally, as they allow you to add various bits and pieces to your save game they are frowned upon here (GTplanet) as a means to getting 100%

Thanks Slip2rock. Where did you buy it? Just your run of the mill electronics store?

Also, how can I get in on the TVR Club as it is my favorite non-racing car in the game?

No prob's

I got mine from www.codejunkies.com but i think they're PAL format? Which is UK and Europe. I'd just do a web search for sharkport (you're in the states huh?)

Um, give me a minute and i'll find out who it is you need to PM. But as far as i know it's a largely out of courtesy that you need to ask to join.

And you have excellent taste in cars if you like TVR's.

Right you need to PM a guy called 'TVRKing'

I'm sure that he will be fine about it.

Yeah the Griffith is a very nice little motor. But for me, totally out of reach at least for a few more years.

But you gotta have dreams!

Laters mate, I'm off to thrash up the PS2

You have gotten some false info, milefile ;)
You can get a program to hook up to your comp., but not all GameSharks (GS) can do that.
-With a GS you can input codes (cheats in the form of varoius letters and numbers). For example you can have an infinite amount of money, all gold liscenses, and have every race completed without even buying a car! :P
-I just bought a GS a couple days ago for $20 bucks from FuncoLand :D

-You can also hybrid cars by mixing parts from other cars. For example, you can have the body of a 240sx, with a Silvia engine, tires from a GTS-R Viper, and the drivetrain off of a Speed 12! 😈

It sounds cool and all...

But there seems to be somewhat of an ethical dilemma. I mean, why would you want the drivetrain of a Speed12 in a Silva?

I dunno. Maybe I'm some kinda purist but I like driving the cars the way they are. Maybe I'll get bored enough someday to want to mess around like that.

But the online stuff sounds cool.

Everything I was talking about was with GT2
-Yeah, I don't like to mix parts, unless it is possible in real life.

For example- I am in the process of transplating the engine from a silvia into a 240sx :)

Originally posted by hsrdragger

For example- I am in the process of transplating the engine from a silvia into a 240sx :)

Oh wow, putting a weak engine into another car that already had a weak engine :rolleyes:

j/k ;)

Come on, you have to admit, a 1200 hp SVS Viper is lots of fun to play around with :D

Plus, there are the cars the game should've had instead. Like the Hemi Cuda, Hemi Charger, etc. 1969 Corvette ZL1 anybody? How about '67 Corvette L88? You can do all of that with a gameshark too. Or putting a Ford RS200 or Lancia Delta Integrale up to Group B specs.

I guess if it's based in reality on some level...

But I hear people brag about these 8000 HP cars. What's the point of that?

Well, it's just nice to know you can do that to a car. Now it's really a huge thing if you can do that and still make the car handle, that is an extremely hard thing to do.

I've found most people who stick with hybrids tend to go crazy with the first few, then slowly tone it down over time. In fact, pretty much the only hybrids I make now are based on real cars. I'm building the Speed GT Championship in GT2 right now :D

Originally posted by milefile
I guess if it's based in reality on some level...

But I hear people brag about these 8000 HP cars. What's the point of that?

my escudo is sharked up to 450,000hp, and its useless..... it was better when it was 1800hp

Hey milefile!

Here is the breakdown.

You will need to purchase a "Shark Port" in order to save your memory card files to your PC. You can usually get one at your local electronics store or you can order one from www.gameshark.com

With a Shark Port, just like Slip2rock mentioned, you will be able to save your memory card to your PC, and you will be able to e-mail your replays. That comes in handy when you want to compete in a online racing challenge.
The Shark Port will also enable you to import other game saves and "cheat codes" that you can download onto your memory card.
With this feature you will be able to download a hybriding program. This program let's you change around your cars with various other car parts.

Here is a link to that program.

http://63.169.100.88/uploads/GT3/Hacking Programs/GT3gEditv22.zip

Further more, a "Game Shark" will only allow you to use and create your own "cheat codes." It will not let you save any info or files onto your PC.
The Game Shark will allow you to hybrid vehicles also, but not in the same easy format that the MK Program has.

Here is a link to a web site that contains all the info you will need to have in regards to hybriding a car.

http://63.169.100.88/cgi-bin/ubb-cgi/ultimatebb.cgi

I hope that this has helped you out.

Peace,

Boom

Not all my cars are that realistic
-Eclipse + Lancer drivetrain and engine = Eclipse TSI AWD

-a 7 second 1/4 'Cuda

-CRX LM engine in '93 NSX

Back