Game Stock Car

• Thread starter oqvist
  • 319 comments
It's great for existing owners of GSCE, but for newcomers I think it's best to hold out for a year to see how the 2017 title develops. Also, am I the only one that thinks of Auto Modellista when I read the title? :lol:

250px-Auto_Modellista_Coverart.png

I was scrolling and saw that, and thought a new AM was releasing. The physics sucked, but I loved the hell out of this game lol. This was also during my Initial D Arcade days, so I think that had something to do with it.

Update 22 - It´s all happening!

Greetings everyone, and happy new year!

Most of you will have been aware by now that we have adjusted our plans and decided to combine all of the developments proposed in our campaign into a completely new game - Automobilista was announced last week as the follow-up to Stock Car Extreme, coming within the next couple of months free to existing owners of Stock Car Extreme - and naturally free to all campaign backers.

We have now also revised and updated the campaign perks for all levels of contributions taking into account this change, and beefing them up to factor AMS and its upcoming DLCs. The revised perks will be detailed in a follow-up update.

Before that, we would like to update you on some other relevant information about the campaign:

Shipping of physical perks (stickers and Collector´s Kit) has been postponed to April 2016 so it can already include the DVD for Automobilista.

UPGRADING CONTRIBUTION LEVEL: We will offer all backers the option to upgrade their contribution level in order to receive the relevant extra perks until January 15th 2016. Backers interested in upgrading may contact sales@reizastudios.com for further instructions.

REFUND POLICY: Up until now we have had a full refund policy for all participants willing to cancel their participation in the campaign. Even though refunds are no longer allowed through Indiegogo / Paypal past 60 days from the date the contribution was made, we have maintained this policy ourselves by effectively paying back via Paypal the backers who have requested to drop out of the campaign. We will continue to accept refund requests up until January 10th 2016, after which date we will no longer be able to offer refunds for contributions on any level. Backers willing to cancel their participation should contact sales@reizastudios.com until January 10th 2016.

To be continued next with the detailed revision of the perks in all levels.

Here is the updated breakdown for all perks:

Level 1 - $10 USD
Earns:

Reiza51 forum access.
AMS & ALL DLCs

Level 2 - $25 USD
Earns:

Reiza51 forum access;
Voting rights in Reiza51;
Beta access to new builds of SCE / AMS
AMS & ALL DLCs

Level 3 - $35 USD
Earns:

Reiza51 forum access;
Beta access to new builds of SCE / AMS;
Digital copy for either Formula Truck 2013 OR Stock Car Extreme (Steam or NonSteam)
AMS & ALL DLCs

Level 4 - $50 USD
Earns:

Reiza51 forum access;
Beta access to new builds of SCE / AMS + Reiza2017;
Digital copy for Formula Truck 2013 + Stock Car Extreme (Steam or NonSteam); OR Reiza2017 NOT including DLCs;
AMS & ALL DLCs.

Level 5 - $75 USD
Earns:

Reiza51 forum access;
Digital copy for Formula Truck 2013 + Stock Car Extreme (Steam or NonSteam + Reiza2017 NOT including DLCs; OR Reiza2017 + ALL DLCs;
AMS & ALL DLCs.

Level 6 - $100 USD
Earns:

Reiza51 forum access;
Digital copy for Formula Truck 2013 + Stock Car Extreme (Steam or NonSteam);
AMS & ALL DLCs;
Reiza2017 + ALL DLCs;
Reiza Sticker

Level 7 - $150 USD + Shipping
Earns:

Reiza51 forum access;
AMS & ALL DLCs
Reiza2017 + ALL DLCs
Reiza Collector´s Kit

Level 9 - $300 USD + Shipping
Earns:

Reiza51 forum access;
AMS & ALL DLCs
Reiza2017 + ALL DLCs
Reiza Collector´s Kit
Becomes part of the sim as an official driver in one of the AUTOMOBILISTA series!

Level 11 - $500 USD + Shipping
Earns:

Reiza51 forum access;
AMS & ALL DLCs
Reiza2017 + ALL DLCs
Reiza Collector´s Kit
Becomes part of the sim as an official driver in one of the AUTOMOBILISTA series!
A poster of Emerson Fittipaldi in his Copersucar, signed by legendary 2-time F1 champion himself!

If you have any questions or requests, please consult this topic in Reiza51, or email us at sales@reizastudios.com.

So I finally hooked up my wheel (Logitech G25) to GSCE, and I'm a bit confused by the steering rotation option. From what I understand, if you put 'Custom Steering Rotation" to "NO" in options, the game should automatically adjust your physical wheel to the car in-game right? But it doesn't work for me. I put rotation as 900 degree in Logitech profiler, and my physical wheel still rotates 900 degree even when I'm driving F1 and karts. The on-screen wheel turns correct, but my physical wheel don't. Of course I could just change the setting in Logitech profiler for every car, but it kinda defeats the purpose of the option (not to mention annoying as hell like rFactor) :boggled:

I have enabled "Game to change settings" option in profiler. Also in Assetto Corsa my wheel DO adjust automatically to each car, so I don't think it's a profiler or wheel problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated 👍

Do you mean that you can still turn it 900 degrees if you want to, but ingame you don't have to do that as the rotation is shorter on Karts and Formula cars? Or do you mean you really have to use the full 900 to be able to drive those too?

The "NO" option is correct.

Do you mean that you can still turn it 900 degrees if you want to, but ingame you don't have to do that as the rotation is shorter on Karts and Formula cars? Or do you mean you really have to use the full 900 to be able to drive those too?

The "NO" option is correct.

Sorry, I should've been more clearer. Discussing steering rotation is always a pain with PC sims. GT got me spoiled :lol:

With the "NO" option in game + rotation set to 900 in Logitech profiler + driving a Formula car for example:
- I can turn my Logitech G25 900 degree
- On screen wheel only turns 360 degree
- I need to turn my G25 900 degree to get the on screen wheel turning 360 degree (so the car is very unresponsive)

With "NO" option in game + rotation set to 360 in Logitech profiler:
- I turn my G25 360 degree
- On screen wheel turns 360 degree
- Physical wheel and on screen wheel matches and car is perfect to drive

I want to make the G25 auto adjust without me having to go back out of the game and manually change the profiler settings. As it is, it's the same problem with rFactor and I don't get why they put the "NO" option in the first place if it doesn't do anything.

The on screen wheel is not directly connected to what your actual wheel is doing, it's basically just for show and you can adjust its rotation in the same menu where you adjust your ffb (look for virtual steering rotation or something like that).

If the "no" you're referring to is the custom steering rotation I believe you want to have that set to "no" and leave your profiler at 900°. This will allow the game to automatically set the steering lock/rotation for each car so you never have to mess with anything (you used to have to manually set it for each car). So when you get in a formula car your rotation will be around 460-500, stock cars will be around 540, and cars like the Mini and Camaro will be 900.

Or something like that, it's been a while since I messed with it so I may be a bit fuzzy. But basically one sets the lock/rotation for you and the other lets you set the lock/rotation manually, I forget which is Yes and No but I think No sets it for you.

Thanks for the replies guys 👍

The on screen wheel is not directly connected to what your actual wheel is doing, it's basically just for show and you can adjust its rotation in the same menu where you adjust your ffb (look for virtual steering rotation or something like that).

If the "no" you're referring to is the custom steering rotation I believe you want to have that set to "no" and leave your profiler at 900°. This will allow the game to automatically set the steering lock/rotation for each car so you never have to mess with anything (you used to have to manually set it for each car). So when you get in a formula car your rotation will be around 460-500, stock cars will be around 540, and cars like the Mini and Camaro will be 900.

Or something like that, it's been a while since I messed with it so I may be a bit fuzzy. But basically one sets the lock/rotation for you and the other lets you set the lock/rotation manually, I forget which is Yes and No but I think No sets it for you.

I'm aware that the screen wheel can be mismatched, but that is not the case here because the "NO" option specifically ignores the virtual wheel rotation and automatically adjusts it to the correct one.

Also, in my post above I stated that the car is very unresponsive if I set 900 degree in profiler and drive an F1. So the game isn't adjusting my physical wheel to 360 degree automatically (only the on screen/physics based wheel is adjusted, which causes the mismatch).

I'm found this thread on RD which does confirm the "NO" option is the correct one:

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/stock-car-extreme-v1-50-released.112891/

The only thing I can think of is they don't recommend using the old controller presets. My game is a fresh install and I used the LogitechG25 preset, then changed a few button assignments. I'll try making a new profile without presets to see if it helps fix the problem.

That's odd. Eh, go with what feels good I guess, it might all be different in a couple months time with AMS anyway. 👍

So yeah, I tried making a new profile without any controller presets. Still didn't work. Guess I'll just have to change everything manually :grumpy:

Let's hope they sort out this problem fully in AMS. It's not game breaking, but it will go a long way in bringing AMS to the same level of AC/PCARS as opposed to just another rFactor clone.

Hmm, must be a specific wheel issue. In the Thrustmaster control panel (TX here) I set my wheel to 900 deg, in SCE Options\Controls I set "Enable Custom Steering Range=NO" and "Steering Wheel Range=900". Then for each car I drive the steering lock and rotation is adjusted automatically. CART Extreme open-wheel was set to lock=14 rotation=360, and for the C6 Corvette lock=32 rotation=900, feels and looks correct. Reiza has it covered but apparently some wheels don't communicate correctly.
I realize no help but SCE is working as expected for me.

Sorry, I should've been more clearer. Discussing steering rotation is always a pain with PC sims. GT got me spoiled :lol:
That's actually one of the things I like with PC gaming, while it may take some tweaking at times at least tweaking can work. Consoles completely obsolete hardware at times, no amount of tweaking helps. Running very old software/hardware on the PC may not always be ideal.

Last edited:
Hmm, must be a specific wheel issue. In the Thrustmaster control panel (TX here) I set my wheel to 900 deg, in SCE Options\Controls I set "Enable Custom Steering Range=NO" and "Steering Wheel Range=900". Then for each car I drive the steering lock and rotation is adjusted automatically. CART Extreme open-wheel was set to lock=14 rotation=360, and for the C6 Corvette lock=32 rotation=900, feels and looks correct. Reiza has it covered but apparently some wheels don't communicate correctly.
I realize no help but SCE is working as expected for me.

I know, it's weird because I'm doing exactly as you did. You'd expect something as common as a G25 would work with no vices. I wonder if it's because I'm using Windows 10 and the Logitech profiler is 64 bit, but GSCE is 32 bit? A bit far fetched thought but I'm running out of ideas...

That's actually one of the things I like with PC gaming, while it may take some tweaking at times at least tweaking can work. Consoles completely obsolete hardware at times, no amount of tweaking helps. Running very old software/hardware on the PC may not always be ideal.

Tweaking can be fun if you solve the problem, but in my case I spent half a day getting it to work and got nothing to show for my efforts :banghead: In game tweaking (like car setups) is fun, but tweaking for compatibility issues is the bane of my PC gaming life.

Certainly console has its limitations, but it makes me appreciate how much behind the scenes effort a studio like PD does to get 1000+ cars working correctly out of the box.

I know, it's weird because I'm doing exactly as you did. You'd expect something as common as a G25 would work with no vices. I wonder if it's because I'm using Windows 10 and the Logitech profiler is 64 bit, but GSCE is 32 bit? A bit far fetched thought but I'm running out of ideas...

Tweaking can be fun if you solve the problem, but in my case I spent half a day getting it to work and got nothing to show for my efforts :banghead: In game tweaking (like car setups) is fun, but tweaking for compatibility issues is the bane of my PC gaming life.

Certainly console has its limitations, but it makes me appreciate how much behind the scenes effort a studio like PD does to get 1000+ cars working correctly out of the box.
Ya, but it's much easier for PD, a very limited hardware set to support - console and devices. On the PC there so many hardware and software variables it isn't funny.. and on top of that the OS and software can be tweaked making the system unreliable if the user isn't knowledgeable or makes mistakes.
I do see why some like console gaming, it's just not for me.

I find the Formula cars FFB are too light in this game. The Retro/Classic/V12 doesn't feel bad, but Formula Reiza/Extreme just feels so light. I don't know if that's the way it is in real life, but I'd expect a high grip, high downforce car to feel heavy in turns, even if the car's weight itself is light. It makes judging the grip very difficult. I already put FFB strength to 100% in both Logitech profiler and in-game settings.

This is a problem in rFactor too with the BMW Sauber. With GSCE having RealFeel I'd thought it would feel much better, but it doesn't :indiff:

I find the Formula cars FFB are too light in this game. The Retro/Classic/V12 doesn't feel bad, but Formula Reiza/Extreme just feels so light. I don't know if that's the way it is in real life, but I'd expect a high grip, high downforce car to feel heavy in turns, even if the car's weight itself is light. It makes judging the grip very difficult. I already put FFB strength to 100% in both Logitech profiler and in-game settings.

This is a problem in rFactor too with the BMW Sauber. With GSCE having RealFeel I'd thought it would feel much better, but it doesn't :indiff:
That's something that bothers me a lot in many racing games also. For GSCE you can tweak this, go to your game folder, open the realfeelplugin.ini with notepad (not v138 or v150 as they only serve as backups), look for the car and decrease the MaxForceAtSteeringRack value. For some cars you need to decrease in increments of 100 or more ;)

I think those cars have power steering though. That's why these days drivers don't finish races quite as tired as they used to in the past. At least the ffb can be turned up if we want.

I think those cars have power steering though. That's why these days drivers don't finish races quite as tired as they used to in the past. At least the ffb can be turned up if we want.
Yes but even with power steering you'd still feel the car planted, and a slight feel of weight/ resistance whilst turning. Common mistake racing games make is to make the steering feather light almost like you are driving a non FFB wheel.

That's something that bothers me a lot in many racing games also. For GSCE you can tweak this, go to your game folder, open the realfeelplugin.ini with notepad (not v138 or v150 as they only serve as backups), look for the car and decrease the MaxForceAtSteeringRack value. For some cars you need to decrease in increments of 100 or more ;)

I've thought about this but I'm a bit hesitant to modify the files because Reiza should know better, but in this case I might have to tinker a bit. Do you know if the RealFeel hotkeys (Ctrl+Numpad) still works in GSCE? I prefer changing using the hotkeys because I tried changing the .ini file directly in rFactor and it reverts back to original values after I close the game.

EDIT: I finally got round to tweaking the RealFeel for Formula cars. The hotkeys do work, but you have to change "SpeechEnabled=True" in the .ini file first (otherwise you wouldn't know how much you changed the numbers). As expected F Reiza & F Extreme settings are very light (around 4000). I decreased both by 500 and they feel much better now. The other Formulas are all under 2000 so I left them as is.

I think the default values are good if you have a top of the line wheel (T300 or direct drive). As I only have a lowly G25 it can't reproduce the subtle forces with light FFB settings, so the trade off is higher FFB but you lose some subtleties. Not ideal, but it's good enough for now.

Last edited:
I've thought about this but I'm a bit hesitant to modify the files because Reiza should know better, but in this case I might have to tinker a bit. Do you know if the RealFeel hotkeys (Ctrl+Numpad) still works in GSCE? I prefer changing using the hotkeys because I tried changing the .ini file directly in rFactor and it reverts back to original values after I close the game.
Nope, just make a backup and no worries or problems as far as i'm concerned.

More Automobilista Previews

FEBRUARY 17, 2016 BY JOHN SABOL

1. Automobilista-4-636x358.jpg
News has been pretty calm on the Automobilista front since the end of last year, but Reiza has broken their silence today, releasing videos and images of the new content and features.

On the content side, the big news are videos of the 2005 V10 F1 car and Lancer Evo X Rallycross. This marks the first time seeing the V10 in moving picture form and it looks and sounds great.

And while it isn’t the first time we’ve seen the Lancer Evo X Rallycross car at Foz – saw this combo at the Sim Racing Expo back in September – it is nice to see it again, and like the V10, it looks and sounds great.

Automobilista-2.jpg

The Renault Copa Petrobras de Marcas car was also previewed today, making it’s first public appearance.

Reiza also showed off a healthy amount of new features, including, dirt/debris build up on the tires, dynamic tracks ‘rubbering up’, and the enhanced graphics.

A couple things that weren’t shown in-game, but are quit cool, is the fact that Automobilista uses upscaled 720 hz physics and 500 hz input rates, versus the 360 hz and 100 hz respectively in Stock Car Extreme, improving the fidelity physics and force feedback. No idea what it means but more sounds better.

Also, Reiza showed off this graph showing how closely their physics align to real world data. Double cool.

Automobilista-data.png

According to Reiza, all of this will be, “released on Steam very soon.”

Sounds like another #soon label to me!

Link

Dat V10 sound :bowdown: Reiza never disappoints in the audio department. I kinda wish they modelled the end V10 era (mid 2000s) car though, with the lower nose, winglets and various vents and slats. The high nose late 90s/early 00s cars don't look that good to me. Still it's only a tiny complaint and I can't wait to drive it!

For the future, maybe they can add a 50s and 60s generic F1 car as well to complete the collection. My life will be complete and I won't buy another F1 game for the rest of my life :D

tc0AQv9.gif

I was wondering why my HDD was making so much noise, then I checked Task Manager to find that the Steam Client Bootstrapper was actively writing to the disk. Turns out it was because Automobilista was downloading. Can't wait to try it out.

Just came out of AC to check things, sure enough I see talk -> double check Steam library -> "Guess I know what I'm doing tonight!" :lol:

wtfreiza.png

Hmm, this isn't the most promising start. The only languages I can choose are German, Hungarian and Brazilian Portuguese. The former two aren't even fully implemented as the some text strings are broken and some are in English.

EDIT: Ah, turns out the problem was caused by not deleting the old SCE Beta files before updating to Automobilista. I thought that had been done automatically when the SCE Beta was disabled on Steam, but I guess not.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back