Game Stock Car

• Thread starter oqvist
  • 319 comments
I have a dinosaur laptop from 2008 running Vista, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM and Nvidia Geforce 9300M (512 MB) and I can run GSCE smoothly on low graphics. Races can get a bit laggy though. rFactor on low settings even when playing solo can get laggy on some high quality mod tracks, so I'd say if you can run rF you can run GSCE no problem 👍

Well, I recently upgraded my PC to Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM and Nvidia 7300GT and I was running rFactor on low, not that smoothly but was able to run fine hahaha Guess I should get a work ASAP so I can buy ETS2 and GSCE. :D

Well, I recently upgraded my PC to Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM and Nvidia 7300GT and I was running rFactor on low, not that smoothly but was able to run fine hahaha Guess I should get a work ASAP so I can buy ETS2 and GSCE. :D

While you're at it, you should also get Formula Truck (they have a GSCE + FT bundle on Steam which is cheaper than buying each separately). It's like combining GSCE and ETS :D Also Formula Truck has an even lower hardware requirements than GSCE so running it won't be a problem 👍

Main changelog for v1.38:

Content

Cars:
Added Super V8 series.
Tracks:
Added Modern Montreal.
Features & fixes:

Minor Jacarepagua Historic LOD fixes;
Updated trackside ads;
Fixed error with 2 F3 talent files;
Adjusted F-Extreme gear & final drive ratios to better match 2015 standards;
Updated off-track & rumblestrip sounds in closed cockpit cars.

Please direct your bug reports to this thread.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/stock-car-extreme-v1-38-released.110509/

Just got GSCE last weekend... playing around with the Formula V12 around 'Kansai' is just exhilarating! Super V8s feel like they should, big overpowered pieces of shiny crap. :lol: 👍

So I'm trying the demo and while setting up the G27, I had the same damn annoying problem I did when I was setting it up for Simraceway: Joy B11 being automatically stuck to any function I tried to change. This is beyond annoying for me as I like to have certain buttons set up (mostly ones on the steering for things like Pit limiter or changing view) and this really gets in the way of that.

So I'm trying the demo and while setting up the G27, I had the same damn annoying problem I did when I was setting it up for Simraceway: Joy B11 being automatically stuck to any function I tried to change. This is beyond annoying for me as I like to have certain buttons set up (mostly ones on the steering for things like Pit limiter or changing view) and this really gets in the way of that.
Is your shifter in gear?

Well crap, it was. I didn't really notice that my Stick Shifter was in gear (which I'm gonna guess was also the issue when I set it up on SimRaceway). Fixes that, gonna be more mindful of it now. That's for the help.

Edit:

So did some laps (after finally deciding on what car to choose, Which was the Chevy) and I must say, I love it. Its kinda like rFactor but abit more demanding when it came to Steering input. Really amazing to drive and even more amazing to look at. Its hard to believe that this looks as good as a lot of the high end sims does yet isn't nearly as demanding on my Laptop. Definitely think its very well worth putting some money in and getting (just hope its not too pricey).

Last edited:
I've just downloaded this awesome game and attempted to make it even more awesome, but for some reason the car mods I downloaded and installed refuse to work with the game. The game freezes when I select a modded car and won't even shut down unless I shut down the whole computer. I did download the game from steam so that could be part of the issue, but any help would be much appreciated.

For what its worth, I have the Steam (release and beta) and standalone versions - I don't have any problems with tracks and car mods in all three versions. I've installed a ton of mods but I will say that 95% have come from RaceDepartment. There are some sites out there that make suspect mods available, the quality and reliability is not always the best.

I haven't gotten any mods from anywhere other than race department yet. I've been trying to get any one of the GT3 mods to work but they're the ones that freeze it up, and the CART mod is nowhere to be found in game.

The Cart mod is one of my favorites and should work perfectly for you. You must not understand how to copy the mod content to your SCE folders. I'm not at my computer but if no one jumps in to help tomorrow I will try to provide the paths where everything should go.

I've done it before, with NR2003 and I was able to get modded tracks to work, just not cars. I would assume there's some sort of filing crime I'm committing to be receiving such punishment from this awesome game.

Heard great things about this game so decided to give the demo a try. Then it ran at 15FPS on my PC. I'll stick with rFactor til I get a better PC

I haven't gotten any mods from anywhere other than race department yet. I've been trying to get any one of the GT3 mods to work but they're the ones that freeze it up, and the CART mod is nowhere to be found in game.
If you are talking of the FIA GT3 mod, I'm not sure on that one. I installed and removed a long time ago - I didn't like that mod and it didn't have its own rFm (own section in SCE).
Take the CART Extreme mod... after "decompressing" the downloaded file, and copying to your SCE installation folders you should end up with the following. Pay attention to the path in the upper part of each screen-shot.

This may be more than you need but I just took a few quick screenshots just in case. If you are saying that the CART mod is nowhere to be found you may not have the rFm files in the correct folder. It's these files that define a separate group/class/tab in SCE - left/right arrows on the main screen that take you through each class.

upload_2015-9-12_9-22-1.png

If you copied correctly, you would have these two files in the "rFm" folder (these are for CART Extreme)
upload_2015-9-12_9-23-5.png

upload_2015-9-12_9-23-37.png

upload_2015-9-12_9-23-53.png

upload_2015-9-12_9-24-28.png

Heard great things about this game so decided to give the demo a try. Then it ran at 15FPS on my PC. I'll stick with rFactor til I get a better PC

It's been years since I played fFactor but I would think you could get SCE running decent. There are a few settings that are a big drain on performance with little affect on visual quality. Once you find the right combination (many threads on Racedepartment regarding configuration tips) SCE runs very well and uses much less resources than most other sims.
Have you tried the rFactor 2 demo? That is another that "can" run on less powerful hardware but only if the settings are optimized. If you have tried rFactor 2 then SCE may not be much better though.

Thanks a bunch, I'll try that all out in a bit. I see you have the European Endurance Club GT3 mod, is it any good?

Thanks a bunch, I'll try that all out in a bit. I see you have the European Endurance Club GT3 mod, is it any good?
I just installed that mod a few days ago, not much time with it. This is one I'm keeping an eye on but it still needs polish. There aren't any liveries for any of the cars that I found and all of the cars I drove are glued to the road.

It's been years since I played fFactor but I would think you could get SCE running decent. There are a few settings that are a big drain on performance with little affect on visual quality. Once you find the right combination (many threads on Racedepartment regarding configuration tips) SCE runs very well and uses much less resources than most other sims.
Have you tried the rFactor 2 demo? That is another that "can" run on less powerful hardware but only if the settings are optimized. If you have tried rFactor 2 then SCE may not be much better though.
No I haven't tried rF2. I had it at the same settings I run rFactor on. Car quality on full, track quality on medium, shadows on medium, shadow quality on medium, shadow blur (and any similar effects) off, vsync off etc.

I just installed that mod a few days ago, not much time with it. This is one I'm keeping an eye on but it still needs polish. There aren't any liveries for any of the cars that I found and all of the cars I drove are glued to the road.

As far as I know, its basically a mod made for league racing hence the bare bodies. I've got the GTR2 version and its basically the same (minus the part where they are easy to drive).

No I haven't tried rF2. I had it at the same settings I run rFactor on. Car quality on full, track quality on medium, shadows on medium, shadow quality on medium, shadow blur (and any similar effects) off, vsync off etc.

Because of the improved physics engine, GSCE is slightly more taxing than rFactor, even though they may look similar. Turn down everything to Low and you should be able to run it decently. Even my 7 years old laptop (see specs top of this page) can run it...ok ish :lol:

Hey guys, I know I came in here looking for tons of general help and it all worked. Thanks a bunch to you guys, I can play any mod I like now that I figured out where everything goes... Well except 1. I cannot for the life of me make any of the GT3 mods work. I have an idea why but I can't say for sure that I know what it is, it seems that when I unpack them they're missing the folder between sounds and the actual files and folders containing the sounds, the ones labelled using an underscore as a space, the same goes for the vehicles folder. I have no idea what to name the folder, especially since the unpacked download folder always has this big long version thing in it and none of the other mods do. Then when I start the game and attempt to drive one of those cars the game claims it cannot find the MAS file for the particular car. If any of you know what I should do I would greatly appreciate the help (again).

One other thing, not a real biggy but I'd like to know. Is there a simpler way to install realfeel patches/drivers/whatever they are, other than going into the main FFB folder and cutting and pasting in the text from one document to the other? I feel like if I do it that way I'll totally kill something, rendering it undrivable until I reinstall the game.

Thanks again for your help :cheers:

Edit: I was literally just fined 100 credits for speeding in pit lane. Seeing as you don't earn money in this game that means I'm 100 bucks in the hole :lol:

Last edited:
Kyk3ncc.jpg

While the mod is surrounded by some controversy, it's absolutely outstanding to see this many GT3 cars in a mod anywhere.

That's the EEC mod from GTR2?
It was the EEC mod for GSC.

And then 4chan's /o/ board got a hold of it, didn't like it, changed a bunch of things, added the Mclaren 650S, ticked off EEC, so now it's the Aut/o/ mod for GSC.

Back