Game Stock Car

• Thread starter oqvist
  • 319 comments
Kyk3ncc.jpg

While the mod is surrounded by some controversy, it's absolutely outstanding to see this many GT3 cars in a mod anywhere.

t

Used to participate in /OVGT3/, but most races were doodoo fests.

Apparently there's change of plans for Reiza's crowdfunding. There's a big discussion going on at the Reiza51 forum at RaceDepartment.

- Basically they are going to end support for GSCE/FTruck soon because of licensing issues with the respective series.

- All of the extra stuff you are promised will be in a new game (dubbed "Reiza2015") released near the end of this year as a beta. It will be free for backers, but any additional content will be paid DLC.

- The actual next gen game with DX12 that they promised (dubbed "Reiza2017") will still come out, but it's been pushed back to 2017 instead of next year. It's unknown if this will be free or not for backers, or whether this will have paid DLCs.

My take on this whole situation? Colour me unimpressed.

- They should have seen the licensing ending and extended it before committing to a crowdfunding campaign. At the very least finish giving us all the extra contents as promised.

- Reiza2015 feels very much like a stop-gap measure to me. Out of obligation to backers (who were promised they will get the next game for free), it seems like Reiza put out this game just to avoid any litigation issues. Since it will only have a lifespan for a year, I doubt it's going to get any traction at all, potentially fragmenting the community (as if the community for GSCE isn't small enough already). And paid DLCs? Really? We basically just crowdfunded this whole game.

- The next gen game (Reiza2017) should continue as planned. I don't mind the extra delay as long as it's for polishing (and not because they need time to finish off Reiza2015). It should have all the contents from previous games, stuff from crowdfunding, and whatever new stuff they have planned. This is the one that should be free for backers, and I don't mind paid DLCs down the line if they are new stuff and of quality value.

This whole situation really makes me lose my faith in Reiza. I always thought they are the good guys of simracing, and now they pull a stunt like this. I really hope they stick with their 2 game plan (GSCE and Reiza2017) instead of making a mess of three titles in a very short time.

Opinions?

Opinion, yes, you don't have the facts straight.

All that was promised to the crowd funding backers will be delivered, just possibly in a newly titled SCE (they admitted the title doesn't fit the scope of the game). This title will basically be SCE 2013 but with a clean development base and the addition of the promised content/features, they explained why they are considering this change. This re-titled game will NOT replace the next gen title in any way, and those owning SCE will get the newly titled game. Nothing has changed with the next gen title (Reiza 2017 or what ever it will be called), they just mentioned it being 'possibly' released in 2017 instead of 2016.
Reiza also mentioned they may have screwed up by not using the crowd funding initiative to roll out a re-titled SCE, but hindsight is always 20-20.
Reiza intends to keep all crowd funding promises, it came down to a decision that just made good business and development sense. They are taking a poll in the development forum as they did not plan on doing anything until they discussed with their backers. I think if time is taken to read everything they posted and the responses to related posts it is clear why they are considering this transition, and the backers are with them all the way - 93% for, 7% against.

Opinion, yes, you don't have the facts straight.

All that was promised to the crowd funding backers will be delivered, just possibly in a newly titled SCE (they admitted the title doesn't fit the scope of the game). This title will basically be SCE 2013 but with a clean development base and the addition of the promised content/features, they explained why they are considering this change. This re-titled game will NOT replace the next gen title in any way, and those owning SCE will get the newly titled game. Nothing has changed with the next gen title (Reiza 2017 or what ever it will be called), they just mentioned it being 'possibly' released in 2017 instead of 2016.
Reiza also mentioned they may have screwed up by not using the crowd funding initiative to roll out a re-titled SCE, but hindsight is always 20-20.
Reiza intends to keep all crowd funding promises, it came down to a decision that just made good business and development sense. They are taking a poll in the development forum as they did not plan on doing anything until they discussed with their backers. I think if time is taken to read everything they posted and the responses to related posts it is clear why they are considering this transition, and the backers are with them all the way - 93% for, 7% against.

Ok, fair enough. I just skimmed read the whole thing and might have jumped to conclusions too quickly. It's good if all existing owners of GSCE get the new game. It just seems like a huge amount work wasted for the interim game when the next gen title will be out in a year's time. And the paid DLC as well - it just seems like we are paying for the same things 3 times here (crowdfund, DLC for 2015 game, full game 2017). There's also potential for confusing new fans with so many similar titles coming out in a short amount of time.

If majority of the backers are supporting it I guess there's not much choice though. Hindsight is always perfect as you said. Oh well, lesson learnt for Reiza I guess. I hope they will check and recheck licensing validity thoroughly from now on.

There's a lot of discussion going on, and Reiza is trying to explain why they are considering this plan. The dev forum gets into more detail but the comment below I think sums up (in a nutshell) the driving force in their development strategy - I trust Reiza.

Reiza:
"...Mind you this is all the tip of the iceberg - I could write a whole essay in the amount of benefits we gain, and the ways a strong standalone Reiza2015 can boost Reiza2017, in a way just a stronger SCE can´t quite."

Hi guys, are some people interested in online racing in Game Stockcar?
We at EEC (yes, the original builders of the huge GT3 mod) organize different leagues.

> GT3 Sprint Series - Sunday evenings - Starting soon
>>> 1 hour sprint races, with own skins/teams
> V8 Supercars - Sunday evenings - Starting soon
>>> Sprint and 'endurance' (maybe 2-hours) races, with Fords and Holdens, also with own skins/teams
> Stockcar V8 - Saterday afternoons - Season currently in progress
>>> 4 events cup on Saturdays, currently with stock content of the game
> LeMans Series (LMP2 + GT (GT3 or GTE)) - Sunday evenings - Mod is w.i.p.
>>> Multiclass racing, currently it is work in progress. More info later

Interested, take a look at the EEC forum: gtr2-endurance.forumotion.org

gsc.exe_dx9_20151029_211224.png

12191672_446913632165467_1784657682239151514_n.jpg

11902267_1487392158243446_2737551427304958886_n.jpg

Apparently moving forward the Reiza team will focus less on the game being moddable. Whatever moddability function there is will probably be retained, but it's not guaranteed it will remain open forever. That's a shame as I feel the modding aspect is one of the best features any racing sim can have. With user created content you have virtually unlimited replayability. Drive anything, drive anywhere. Quality consistency is an issue of course, but the benefits always outweights the negatives IMO.

Oh well, there is always AC and rF1 to satisfy my modding needs.

Out of curiosity, are any track mods from this compatible with rFactor? Simraceway has tracks that compatible with it (after all, its where I got the most accurate Daytona mod from AND it uses the same engine) so I was curious as to if the same was possible with this.

Out of curiosity, are any track mods from this compatible with rFactor? Simraceway has tracks that compatible with it (after all, its where I got the most accurate Daytona mod from AND it uses the same engine) so I was curious as to if the same was possible with this.
You need to convert them but that's pretty easy from what I can tell.

the EEC GT3 Sprint Series starts this sunday :) Nice trailer made by Skyline Design

And the Spotter Guide :)
spotguidecopy.jpg

Are the Alzen and Lambda Fords included alongside the Matech? Are they fundamentally different from it as well?

Are the Alzen and Lambda Fords included alongside the Matech? Are they fundamentally different from it as well?

In the video you see two types of Ford GT, the Lambda (with the Red/Blue White CGR skin) and the Alzen version (the camouflage skin)

But totally there are four different Ford GT available
- Matech, where it all started with
- Alzen, as used in the VLN
- Lambda, as used in the german ADAC GT Masters
- Lambda/Matech hybrid, the first big update by Lambda, also used by Eurasia/Craft Bamboo in Asia. Matech base car, but with Lambda splitter and rear wing.

More new models will are planned for the next season EEC GT3, like the Huracan, 650S and new R8. The third season will be a short one with six rounds. With the first two taking place the coming two sundays.

More new models will are planned for the next season EEC GT3, like the Huracan, 650S and new R8. The third season will be a short one with six rounds. With the first two taking place the coming two sundays.

Actually if you look at the spotter guide, you'll see three of those cars ;)

Edit: Nevedmind, those are all MP4-12Cs. The rear wing threw me off.

The GT3 Sprint Series kicked off last Sunday at Interlagos. It was a very nice event:
12308790_1526921257623869_7114875670361579330_n.jpg

With two early safety cars, some people used a different strategy, including me. Though I had a bit unlucky moment at a restart, I finished in a strong 3rd place with my Always Evolving GT-R.

Highlights of the race. 25 entries. There are pro and am. Some people aren't very well experienced and caused a few little issues. But overall good driving knowing it has been a while we had a league race, due to transition from GTR2 to GSC.

Race 2, taking place last sunday. The rollercoaster ride at Donington. It was one of the most intense races EEC has ever had. Nice to see RaceDepartment members joining the action, showing very good racing and sportmanship. Even a bigger field this time. 26 guys starting the event. Could have been 29, but some people had PC issues. There was a five car battle for the last 10-15 minutes for the podium. Just awesome.

Great shots made by https://www.facebook.com/designsbyskyline

12310672_761796439506_6803456520923594963_n.jpg

The start, 26 cars.

12341070_761796459466_8612293830304323883_n.jpg

Always intents the first corner. RD members entered in the guest SLS cars

12313919_761796693996_2937499862907213585_n.jpg

First lap on the backstraight, field is settling in

12341207_761797367646_3123078160516756354_n.jpg

The five car battle, taking place for the last 20 minutes

My race went well in the Always Evolving Nissan. Had a start incident and tapped the Black-Orange Ford GT. Took a penalty for that although I was not fully responsible. Next lap also took my pitstop (everyone has to do at least one with changing all 4 tyres). After that pushing all the way. After others took the stops I was back at the front luckily and could fight for the podium. 5 minutes for the end a FCY came out. So the pack was togehter. I could overtake the white blue Audi for 3rd at the old-hairpin. At the exit of the puniltimate corner the Ford GT spun and I could take second.

Here are also the highlights of the race.

Question, does anyone have the Classic Le Mans mod for SCE? I've been looking for it but it seems i missed out on it...

I'll pick it up for sure. Looking at the screenshots the game looks very much the same, so i guess it will feel more like an expansion and enhancement of SCE. Here's a screen from automobilista:

538vop.jpg

It's great for existing owners of GSCE, but for newcomers I think it's best to hold out for a year to see how the 2017 title develops. Also, am I the only one that thinks of Auto Modellista when I read the title? :lol:

250px-Auto_Modellista_Coverart.png

Back