cme47DY.jpg

XK0kcpP.jpg

DOhHFEZ.jpg

BSGgOBeIEAAz-Gc.jpg:large

BSG9isSIMAAjn5b.jpg:large

XPAoEjm.jpg

Forza5_Gamescom_Audi_R18_E-tron_02.jpg

Last edited:
Top-notch quality on those cars. That R18 would benefit from a 24-hour endurance race at Le Mans with a day/night cycle.

Damnit. Want level: increasing.

Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in...

Man laguna Seca looks prettier than ever. In interior lighting is freaking slick.

Last edited:
Damnit. Want level: increasing.

Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in...

I know what you mean mate.

Hopefully there will be some price competition for the new consoles or lack of demand after the initial high sales or Kinect-less SKU.

PS3 launched at £429 here (like the Xbox One is) but 6 months later were around £300 with 2-3 games and an extra controller.

The audio sounds amazing!

glad to hear it. I really think the improvements to the audio systems will show what next-Gen can be at least as much as the improvement in visuals.

Last edited:
Dammit, I know I'm going to be pre-ordering the Limited Edition & just holding onto it until I actually pick up a Xbox One. But now that may come sooner than later. Laguna just looks stunning. :drool:

zr1chris
Why exactly did i preorder the ps4 instead of the xb1? This decision is such a tough one. :banghead:

When we started getting specifics about the new consoles, a co-worker commented that it was stupid to pay $100 more for a One if both consoles play the same multiplatform titles. That would make a good argument if all I wanted was third-party cross-platform stuff..., but that isn't all I want. Forza is huge for me, with me having spent probably a thousand hours or more with the series on 360, so One would surely be worth it to me for this single franchise, but I also get to play multiplatform releases, too.

tell me about it chris, I genuinely don't no which one to get, I would pre order an xbox one tomorrow if they would confirm fanatic wheel compatability.

glad to hear it. I really think the improvements to the audio systems will show what next-Gen can be at least as much as the improvement in visuals.

While it's a little hard to tell, the sound does seem to be better. In the Mercedes video posted by Gamersyde, I think the shifting effects are different. The loss of revs between shifts are more pronounced compared to FM4. I could be wrong though.
Chippy, can you clarify on this?
Has the shifting effects been enhanced?

Check out the 300SL hubcaps changing color to match the body--looks like the game engine has finally been updated in that regard.

Corkscrew seems to have been addressed finally! And the new lighting at Laguna is perfect!

Also, the sound, holy S***!

Last edited:
Here's another one:
forza5_astonmartin_lcc7arl.jpg

Can't help but notice how the trees outside still look flat, basic and somewhat crappy. Hmmm.....

The new Laguna looks fantastic. But I don't believe the new lighting model is as responsible for it as the time of day; notice how in FM5 it looks like late afternoon, or the brink of a bright early evening. The shadows and super-dark grey on the track says so. The hue in the skyline is a good indicator as well.
Laguna in FM4 is quite bright, but then again, the sun's clearly visible, and it's probably between midday and the afternoon.

Back