Gamespy gt4 article

  • Thread starter Thread starter cobragt
  • 31 comments
  • 1,513 views
Messages
3,420
link
quote of the day
"no series of games has impacted not only the gaming community, but also the racing community as greatly as the Polyphony Digital developed, Sony published, Gran Turismo franchise."
 
Nice link, but is there any way you can provide us with those videos? I tried to download one, but I had to be a registered member. Bah.
 
I just finished reading that article. They only talk about GT4 for a couple of pages, and then go on about GTP for the last few. However they are doing to do more articles later this week. So watch this space.

Cheers

Jamie
 
Solid, your avatars are always great :DDDD
 
Adeveloper at Criterion (Alex Ward) also praises GT :D

Eurogamer: Do you play the GT series?

Alex Ward: Yeah, I've got my memory card and I've got three saves of GT3. I've always been into it but I've never really played it much on PlayStation 1. But GT3 took up a lot of time. I finally found out what the fuss was about.

Eurogamer: What is the fuss about, because I haven't got it either...

Alex Ward: GT3 is like reading, I don't know, Lord of the Rings. If you read all three... And I hate Lord of the Rings, so I dunno, I, uh. I stole the books from the school library when I was younger and I read them and I was mightily bored and I gave up. But GT3, when it's really there it's really there. And the real magic and beauty of that game is that you can race one track in a front-wheel drive car, and then you unlock a four-wheel drive car, and you race the same track again, and it's the only game in the world where you can feel the improvement. You can feel the handling, so then when you race that track in an F1 car, you realise how genius the course design is. You finally see a racetrack on different levels. And you don't see that in TOCA and you don't see that in Gotham...
 
Nice site and yes please send a video to someone or something like that if anyone can please :D
 
They aren't new!!! lol Just gt4p vids, I'm sure you all have seen all the gt4p vids O_o
 
cobragt
They aren't new!!! lol Just gt4p vids, I'm sure you all have seen all the gt4p vids O_o
Would I ask if I have seen them? No. So, where can we find them? Here at GTP?
 
Solid Lifters
Would I ask if I have seen them? No. So, where can we find them? Here at GTP?
Ahhhh!!! Can you just sign up to the site? Comeon, dont make me download them :grumpy: and I dont know where else you can find them.
 
cobragt
Ahhhh!!! Can you just sign up to the site? Comeon, dont make me download them :grumpy: and I dont know where else you can find them.

I thought you just said we can find them someplace else? :confused: Oh well, I think I'll just skip these.

There's not a chance in hell I would sign up to a place like that! That place looks like pop-up hell.
 
Solid Lifters
I thought you just said we can find them someplace else? :confused: Oh well, I think I'll just skip these.

There's not a chance in hell I would sign up to a place like that! That place looks like pop-up hell.
:lol: I use firefox and I get 0 pop ups. It's amazing man. You dont even get pop ups on porn sites, I have heard that :lol:, haven't actually tried it *runs*
 
No, I'm sure you haven't. I on the other had have popup stopper which is good, but it's a bugger for opening new pages on porn sites when they open as a popup. So I've heared.
 
cobragt
:lol: I use firefox and I get 0 pop ups. It's amazing man. You dont even get pop ups on porn sites, I have heard that :lol:, haven't actually tried it *runs*
Sure. :lol:
 
live4speed
No, I'm sure you haven't. I on the other had have popup stopper which is good, but it's a bugger for opening new pages on porn sites when they open as a popup. So I've heared.
You use IE? I suggest you trash IE and get fire fox.
 
that article sucks. the author mixes up all sorts of things (like tsukuba and fuji). 0/10 pts.
 
Theoretically will it stop any problems on porn sites????? Ofcourse my friend wants to know not me cough cough, yeah my mate Matt cough.
 
I asked my friend, whom got on some porn sites, cough. And he said there are no pop ups, no new pages, nothing.
 
how did this turn into a pop up's and porn thread! :lol:

waiting for IE 6.5 with xp sp2...with pop up stopping thingy!
 
robin2223
how did this turn into a pop up's and porn thread! :lol:

waiting for IE 6.5 with xp sp2...with pop up stopping thingy!
I have been using the latest SP2 release candidate and I still like Firefox more than the updated IE. I just can't go back to a browser without tabbed browsing, mouse gestures and adblock.

Back on topic...interesting article, but I didn't see anything new.
 
The more screen shots I see of this game the more it blows me away of how realistic it looks. Is this an actual video game screens hot or real? Cool little motortrend article btw.

112_0310_gt4_bts_089_l.jpg

If its the game it had me fooled.
 
Anaconda
The more screen shots I see of this game the more it blows me away of how realistic it looks. Is this an actual video game screens hot or real? Cool little motortrend article btw.

112_0310_gt4_bts_089_l.jpg

If its the game it had me fooled.

Do you really think that GT4/PS2 can have around 30 cars on track at once? You must be joking, right?

Maybe it is an actual screenshot of GT5/PS3!! :) 💡
 
That is the lamest comment ever here on GTP, as if anyone thinks that's ingame.
 
Wow that look soooo incredibly real .......wait a minute it is real, it's a photo. :lol:
 
That would be sick having that many cars on the track at once....:eek:
 
TriplePlay
That would be sick having that many cars on the track at once....:eek:

You'd be sick of being rammed by dodgy AI on the first corner :lol:
 
I'm pretty sure that pic was taken when PD was testing some cars. If you look at the cars, most of them are in the master car list...
 
Back