Garage Showdowns! Join Discussion to Make Future Events Better!

OK, I'll put you on my side in the NTSC race. Where is Suzuka 500 PP in my (or if you're with 888, his) Suzuki Swift. When is as yet undecided. I think it may end up as a Saturday night for me, so Saturday morning for Europeans. A different race is needed for NTSC. I may need you guys to help me figure out the best time.

Good morning!

Saturday morning would be fine with me. Actually It`s 8:40am here now, and already feel like racing..! But anytime within (hopefully) next weekend will be fine with me! We should have some time to adjust into the car and the tune... so there might be less silly mistakes during THE race :).
And 888 is OK! Actually more familiar with the names there, so nice to drive beside you guys!

But could you change my name into GTP_Timppaq in the first post, I guess would be more recognisable for everybody. (I hope I could change my name here ---> yeah, premium, i know)

-Timppaq

There are 4 time zones. Since the ONLINE SCHEDULE is set for Eastern Time, I think that would be best. Central time zone is 1 behind Eastern. Mountain is 2 hours behind EST. Pacific is 3 hours behind EST.

I saw that it was posted. :) Great, I will become aquinted with the car. I have one last question..I cant change anything on the tuning can I? lol Say like brake bias, and turning radius? You know driving style adjustments?

Don't know, I'll talk to 888 about it. Performance Points, Gears and Suspension will certainly not change, but we'll talk about brakes and turn angle. You may find you like mine anyway.;)

Don't know, I'll talk to 888 about it. Performance Points, Gears and Suspension will certainly not change, but we'll talk about brakes and turn angle. You may find you like mine anyway.;)

I dunno how fair that would be. A good driver should be able to drive anything, without modifaction. Here is how its going to break down. There will be some that will be as fast as the setup will allow them to go. There will be people that could be faster if they changed a few things.

It will be interesting to see how things will break down. Thanks for the conversation, and I hope I am faster with your setup. :embarrassed:

I dunno how fair that would be. A good driver should be able to drive anything, without modifaction. Here is how its going to break down. There will be some that will be as fast as the setup will allow them to go. There will be people that could be faster if they changed a few things.

It will be interesting to see how things will break down. Thanks for the conversation, and I hope I am faster with your setup. :embarrassed:

888 and I had a talk and decided nothing is to be changed this time. As all our settings have bearings on other parts of the cars. We're still testing how everything goes, and I'm sure the experience will become smoother and better in future events.:)

im in ill take either side im just up for a good race. NTSC region

I'll put you on 888's side, I think that will even it up a bit more in NTSC.

Hey guys.. this is really taking off. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3016025&postcount=112 Here is the link to the 888 Tuned Swift

Looks like we have 2 rather different setups which is great ( i promised myself not to look at TLDs before I created mine)

Grab the keys and go have some fun

Cool, I'll get that link and put it in the first post too. Now all we need is a time for the races. I think next Saturday would be good.

I hope that everyone with the equipment will take this one to tape ---> Could make one hell of a ORV!! :scared:

I hope that everyone with the equipment will take this one to tape ---> Could make one hell of a ORV!! :scared:

Yeah me too. doblocruiser might, he likes making ORVs. All I can say is: 1 car, 2 tunes, 12 clean racers. This is going to be EPIC if we can all do it right.:D Hopefully no one gets errors when we start. So:
I was thinking for the PAL race 1. One race only. Start at 20:00 GMT +10. That's 10:00 GMT (unless daylight savings factors in? I'm in GMT +10 and it's 17:30 when I post this reply) As it will be a Saturday I hope most people will be able to get online at that time. Otherwise the 2nd race can be organised at a completely different time. How's that for all PAL users? Will anyone have problems with that time?

What? An event change? That really annoys me, I wouldn't have the events any other way at the moment. OK, see tomorrow evening is like in the morning for me and I have to get up in the morning for work....early. So are you sure they're updating the events before next Saturday?

I think an edit to the first post detailing the exact times for the timezones would be a good thing.......

So 20.00 GMT saturday will be 6.00am sunday morning here in Queensland yes?

No, 20:00 GMT +10 here, would mean 10:00 in GMT.;) I don't know if this will be the time though. Have to make sure everyone is OK with this.

No, 20:00 GMT +10 here, would mean 10:00 in GMT.;) I don't know if this will be the time though. Have to make sure everyone is OK with this.

Yeah, that should be fine, even on a weekday.
To make it easier for people to understand, Holden is saying:
20:00 in Australia race start time.
Which is 10:00 in London (GMT). Australia time = GMT+10, so 20-10 = 10:00.

Hope that clears that up for everyone :)

Yep, and on Saturday 17th next week it shall be. So there is no daylight savings to be factored in on GMT right now?

frigging army time........ so 8pm saturday night here in Qld yes? which is 10am saturday GMT?

10am on a Saturday morning.

After copious amounts of Alcohol on Friday night = Hangoverus Maximus :ill:

And I don't wanna hear any of that Whinging Pom stuff from the opposition :sly:

osg
frigging army time........ so 8pm saturday night here in Qld yes? which is 10am saturday GMT?

Yep, that's right.👍

10am on a Saturday morning.

After copious amounts of Alcohol on Friday night = Hangoverus Maximus :ill:

And I don't wanna hear any of that Whinging Pom stuff from the opposition :sly:

Whinging pom :P Surely you can go one Friday without getting full drunk? Just get tipsy and recover by race time.💡

Yeah me too. doblocruiser might, he likes making ORVs. All I can say is: 1 car, 2 tunes, 12 clean racers. This is going to be EPIC if we can all do it right.:D Hopefully no one gets errors when we start. So:
I was thinking for the PAL race 1. One race only. Start at 20:00 GMT +10. That's 10:00 GMT (unless daylight savings factors in? I'm in GMT +10 and it's 17:30 when I post this reply) As it will be a Saturday I hope most people will be able to get online at that time. Otherwise the 2nd race can be organised at a completely different time. How's that for all PAL users? Will anyone have problems with that time?

Fine with me. It`ll be 13:00pm here then.

2. Note: Should we make an agreement that bumb-drafting is NOT allowed? I think it`s not really realistic in any way, at least in my mind. Also the ORV would look better without it. What do you guys think of this?

What? An event change? That really annoys me, I wouldn't have the events any other way at the moment. OK, see tomorrow evening is like in the morning for me and I have to get up in the morning for work....early. So are you sure they're updating the events before next Saturday?

Event updates scheduled for 15th .
So its not sure there is a 500pp, ive seen so many changes of the events since january id say 50/50 chance for new 500pp races at max..
Well for the time and date i thought it be nice right after the GP race, but any other time is fine with me too. 👍

OK, whether events change or not, we will simply change with the flow when that occurs. I have posted times and dates for all 3 races (2 PAL races and 1 NTSC race). They are a week away so don't panic. Just check the first post for which race you will be in and what time and date that occurs. Any problems feel free to ask me.

There`s no blue color available for Suzuki at the moment... The salesman said that "This is not Ford, you know?" ...so after I got :eek: :grumpy: :mad: 🤬 and hit him I just went for the yellow.

Just let me know if we are doing this color-coding thing... and what do we 888`ers use? ..I already bought every color...:dopey: I think it would be a good idea. Easier to know who is BEHIND you :sly:. LOL.

Well Unfortunately at 6 pm EST time I will be attending the Nascar All-Star Race the entire night on Saturday the 17th. I will not be able to run in the event. However I can try both and give my comments on each.

Yeah, that should be fine, even on a weekday.
To make it easier for people to understand, Holden is saying:
20:00 in Australia race start time.
Which is 10:00 in London (GMT). Australia time = GMT+10, so 20-10 = 10:00.

Hope that clears that up for everyone :)

Oh, 10 in the morning, doubt I'll be around then, but if it goes on all day I might be around for a few races. Who's looking for racers, I said I'd join TLD earlier but if 888 needs people I dont mind which I race for?

Been out on Suzuka 500PP doing a bit of practice, the TLD Swift is very nice. Ill be back there in a bit, so anyone who wants to practice a bit come along! I just had a couple of good races, these Swifts seem pretty good, very stable, meaning they can take knocks and still keep going, so great for touring car-style driving, with the odd bump here and there.
In other words, I can be a bit more aggresive without having to worry my fellow racers might lose it, which is great.

Oh, and great racing doblocruiser 👍 you didnt have to keep stopping and waiting for me though. I prefer using my own skill to catch up. Still, it was great side-by-side racing, loved it. Hope you didnt find any of my knocks offensive, I was just testing the Swift's ability to be more aggresive, and it seems quite safe to do so, although I did knock off one guy by mistake.

I would like to join the racing that day. I have a 750pp Suzuka tune from 888 Tune thats spot on!... I've consistanly finished top three ever since, very nice tune!!

Well Unfortunately at 6 pm EST time I will be attending the Nascar All-Star Race the entire night on Saturday the 17th. I will not be able to run in the event. However I can try both and give my comments on each.

I'm jelous....

I was there last year and was glad to see Kevin Harvick win it!! I've been pulling for Kevin ever since he out ran Jeff Gordon on the last lap at Atlanta on only his third "Cup" start. Anyways...have fun, wish I could be there!! 👍

Fine with me. It`ll be 13:00pm here then.

2. Note: Should we make an agreement that bumb-drafting is NOT allowed? I think it`s not really realistic in any way, at least in my mind. Also the ORV would look better without it. What do you guys think of this?

How is bump drafting not real? I've done it in "REAL" life. Every now and then you have to step out of video game reality. Bump drafting is very real and I do with the right drivers. If its done right you can gain a big advantage. The key is knowing where to do it and how you do it and who you can do it with.

Back