Garage Showdowns! Join Discussion to Make Future Events Better!

How is bump drafting not real? I've done it in "REAL" life. Every now and then you have to step out of video game reality. Bump drafting is very real and I do with the right drivers. If its done right you can gain a big advantage. The key is knowing where to do it and how you do it and who you can do it with.

Maybe it is used in real life also.. I believe you my friend :), but maybe it`s just that I`ve never seen it myself. We basically only see the F1 races around here and not any of the hard tops, like V8 Supercars etc... No, actually WTCC runs on Eurosport and I have watched it a few times and don`t remember seeing team mates bumbing into each others fenders to gain more speed.

But don`t get me wrong, I`ve seen it used online and I have used it too. As you said it is very useful when done right. Maybe it came out wrong, but my main point actually was that I assumed it would look a bit silly in the ORV... There is just something "dirty" about it that I just don`t like. Maybe I just like it clean. But It`s the same rules for everyone and I have nothing more against it. Just wanted to discuss about it beforehand.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hey TUNERS, could you post your laptimes with your own setups? I had a short test run with your setups and the results were truly interesting :lol:

I coudn`t resist the temptation to try out both of them... Hope that is OK. Just would like to see the times you were able to get (so we can start the speculation) --> I think my driving style is a bit different from yours. But I will adapt..

And to be absolutely clear... we just take these setups and thats it.. no discussing with our own tuner and maybe getting it even better for the first race? So any feedback that we give to our tuners will only affect the following races to come..

-Timppaq

Just on a little side note, I'm listed as a PAL driver but I have the NTSC so that should be corrected, and couldn't find what track we're supposed to be racing, I'm guessing suzuka.

Just on a little side note, I'm listed as a PAL driver but I have the NTSC so that should be corrected, and couldn't find what track we're supposed to be racing, I'm guessing suzuka.

Both tune for Suzuka, so yes.

Fine with me. It`ll be 13:00pm here then.

2. Note: Should we make an agreement that bumb-drafting is NOT allowed? I think it`s not really realistic in any way, at least in my mind. Also the ORV would look better without it. What do you guys think of this?

Bump drafting. So long as everyone races cleanly, and no trying to help people in the same tune. Race for yourself like any other race, and race cleanly.

There`s no blue color available for Suzuki at the moment... The salesman said that "This is not Ford, you know?" ...so after I got :eek: :grumpy: :mad: 🤬 and hit him I just went for the yellow.

Just let me know if we are doing this color-coding thing... and what do we 888`ers use? ..I already bought every color...:dopey: I think it would be a good idea. Easier to know who is BEHIND you :sly:. LOL.

Colour coding I thought seemed to difficult to do. I don't think we'll go through with that idea.

Well Unfortunately at 6 pm EST time I will be attending the Nascar All-Star Race the entire night on Saturday the 17th. I will not be able to run in the event. However I can try both and give my comments on each.

The NTSC race can be re-scheduled?

Oh, 10 in the morning, doubt I'll be around then, but if it goes on all day I might be around for a few races. Who's looking for racers, I said I'd join TLD earlier but if 888 needs people I dont mind which I race for?

There is a 2nd race. It will be late at night for you though. How would you be with that?

am i to late or will there be a 2nd race

There is a 2nd race or PAL. The time may be a little hard though. I could put you in the 1st race as people have found they can't race it or are in the wrong version.

I would like to join the racing that day. I have a 750pp Suzuka tune from 888 Tune thats spot on!... I've consistanly finished top three ever since, very nice tune!!

This is a 500 PP race, with the normal Suzuki Swift. 888's tune has a link to it in the 1st post.

Sign me up with 888 for the NTSC race.

Yes sir.

Maybe it is used in real life also.. I believe you my friend :), but maybe it`s just that I`ve never seen it myself. We basically only see the F1 races around here and not any of the hard tops, like V8 Supercars etc... No, actually WTCC runs on Eurosport and I have watched it a few times and don`t remember seeing team mates bumbing into each others fenders to gain more speed.

But don`t get me wrong, I`ve seen it used online and I have used it too. As you said it is very useful when done right. Maybe it came out wrong, but my main point actually was that I assumed it would look a bit silly in the ORV... There is just something "dirty" about it that I just don`t like. Maybe I just like it clean. But It`s the same rules for everyone and I have nothing more against it. Just wanted to discuss about it beforehand.

Hey TUNERS, could you post your laptimes with your own setups? I had a short test run with your setups and the results were truly interesting :lol:

I coudn`t resist the temptation to try out both of them... Hope that is OK. Just would like to see the times you were able to get (so we can start the speculation) --> I think my driving style is a bit different from yours. But I will adapt..

And to be absolutely clear... we just take these setups and thats it.. no discussing with our own tuner and maybe getting it even better for the first race? So any feedback that we give to our tuners will only affect the following races to come..

-Timppaq

Take the tune, no questions asked. You can give us feedback that could be taken into account after the event. Next event (if this one runs smoothly and we have another event) will be with a different car.

Oh sorry, my mistake. I'll fix that up for you. Yes it's Suzuka 500 PP.

Edit: uk86ze, I put you in PAL race 1 under TLD.

Apollo 87, fixed you into the NTSC race.

Vaxen, you are in the NTSC race.

GT4 Genius, I need to know if you are OK with the time set for the 2nd race.

So are we trying to make this in just one race? I mean, it will be quite possible that not all of us 12 will make it into the same race, since there might be other racers joining in at the same time. So if someone is left out, should we quit and try again or just keep going and (not) feel sorry for those left out?

Or could we race for 1/2h and count the wins, etc..

And btw, I still think the color coding would be pretty handy so I have to ask, how would it be SO difficult to organize? --> Just buy a car with the right color. If there is better reason for not doing it I`m totally ok with it.

See you tonight paracticing on 500!!

-Timppaq

So are we trying to make this in just one race? I mean, it will be quite possible that not all of us 12 will make it into the same race, since there might be other racers joining in at the same time. So if someone is left out, should we quit and try again or just keep going and (not) feel sorry for those left out?

Or could we race for 1/2h and count the wins, etc..

And btw, I still think the color coding would be pretty handy so I have to ask, how would it be SO difficult to organize? --> Just buy a car with the right color. If there is better reason for not doing it I`m totally ok with it.

See you tonight paracticing on 500!!

-Timppaq

Well I seen many people already racing with the car, in different colours. So either they sell it and get the respective colour for their garage of choice, or they buy a 2nd Swift :crazy: You're only allowed 90something cars.
If not everyone gets in the first race, we have a 2nd race arranged with not many people in it so far. If that's no good for them, we can get another race going on the night of the first. Racing a half hour, just doesn't seem right. This feels like it should be a 1-race showdown if possible. (Apart from the other races with different people.)

Edit: I'm already done racing tonight :indiff: Gotta be awake to learn the new stuff at the new job. And it is quite a complicated job.

Well, forcing people to buy a second swift is not really that bad, theyre pretty cheap. It's not like people will have to re-tune it themselves again or anything. People only have to finish one online race to be able to buy one.

Well, forcing people to buy a second swift is not really that bad, theyre pretty cheap. It's not like people will have to re-tune it themselves again or anything. People only have to finish one online race to be able to buy one.

Well fine. If anyone gets this message, buy the TLD Swift in Black and the 888 Swift in Red. You can sell them after Showdown 1, because next time will be new cars and different colours. Kapeish?

Edit: I put the colour coding in the opening post. But I don't want to see anyone behaving differently because of this. If I see anyone helping along a driver in the same tune as yours for no reason or being particularly aggressive to a driver in the opposing tune as yours I will not be happy.

Well fine. If anyone gets this message, buy the TLD Swift in Black and the 888 Swift in Red. You can sell them after Showdown 1, because next time will be new cars and different colours. Kapeish?

Edit: I put the colour coding in the opening post. But I don't want to see anyone behaving differently because of this. If I see anyone helping along a driver in the same tune as yours for no reason or being particularly aggressive to a driver in the opposing tune as yours I will not be happy.

Fine. :) We know who is on who´s side anyways, so I don´t think it will make any difference in that way. And I don`t think anyone needs to be told to behave on track... Isn´t that what we all do? ;)

i really think we should make 4,5 or more races... only one is a bit short and we will need a bit luck to be all in the same race anyway.
we could make it so e.g. Start at 10.00 h, next race at 10.10 h, next at 10.20h ... 10 min should work out well, i guess.
what you guys think?

i really think we should make 4,5 or more races... only one is a bit short and we will need a bit luck to be all in the same race anyway.
we could make it so e.g. Start at 10.00 h, next race at 10.10 h, next at 10.20h ... 10 min should work out well, i guess.
what you guys think?

Sounds good to me... But I leave it up to Holden and 888 to decide. :)

-Timppaq

I drove both at suzuka. To make it fair I only did 2 laps with each tune. 1 tune best lap of 2:30.2 the other tune best lap of 2:29.0 I'll leave everyone to speculate.👍

what you guys think?

I'd be happy with that... looking at the video already posted the racing will be really close so 1 race to decide may be a bit unrealistic.. 3 would be good 5 perfect. Just make sure winner grabs a screen shot of the finish positions.

I drove both at suzuka. To make it fair I only did 2 laps with each tune. 1 tune best lap of 2:30.2 the other tune best lap of 2:29.0 I'll leave everyone to speculate.👍

those times are right smack on my times with the 888 tuned swift (2.29.5 - 2.29.8)..... this should be brilliant!

osg
those times are right smack on my times with the 888 tuned swift (2.29.5 - 2.29.8)..... this should be brilliant!

Well, so far my best time with the TLD swift has been 2.28.7xx so this should be a pretty close race.

Especially when you factor in drafting !!

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking, with drafting and catch-up it will be a very close race, besides my times when I practice by myself are very different from my online racing times, anything can happen, looking forward to saturday.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking, with drafting and catch-up it will be a very close race, besides my times when I practice by myself are very different from my online racing times, anything can happen, looking forward to saturday.

Mee too! But one of those setups is definitely faster than the other.. :rolleyes:
I post some times that I´ve got when I get home from work.

what you guys think?

I'd be happy with that... looking at the video already posted the racing will be really close so 1 race to decide may be a bit unrealistic.. 3 would be good 5 perfect. Just make sure winner grabs a screen shot of the finish positions.

If you guys can organise the race times be my guest. 5 races is too much to organise for me on my time schedule. And use 15min gaps at least. 10mins is cutting it close.

Well, so far my best time with the TLD swift has been 2.28.7xx so this should be a pretty close race.

Especially when you factor in drafting !!

Having raced a 888 an some other TLD tunes, I know this will be an epicly close battle. But I think one has the ability to take the lead back faster than the other once online boost kicks in.

^^ So my proposal would be as follows:

-First race at: 10:00 GMT
-Second race at: 10:15 GMT
-Third race at: 10:30 GMT
-Fourth race at: 10:45 GMT

so one hour of intense racing with little pauses too cool down. :)

Times are GT-clock times, so just hit the start button at the exact second.

Those would be the "official" races and if one feels so, it´s possible to continue racing, naturally. I´m quite sure that I will... :sly:

So, any comments?

-Timppaq

Yeah OK. I'll post them up for PAL race "1".

Oh, Apollo87, yes I see you watching this thread. I tuned your Evo X you requested. I'll send it to you tonight. (I'm already in night time here).

I think PD screwed up spring rates in MR cars in this game. Just a thought.

I don't know how multiple races might be able to work as it is hard to synch so who really knows, I think this will work way better when we get the private rooms that way there's nothing to worry about the punters or any of the outside factors that may alter the results from the race, a lot more skill involved.

@N4HS: Thanx man I'll be sure to check it out and give it a review.

I don't know how multiple races might be able to work as it is hard to synch so who really knows, I think thi will work way better when we get the private rooms that way theres nothing about the punters or any of the outside factors that may alter the results from the race, a lot more skill involved.

@N4HS: Thanx man I'll be sure to check it out and give it a review.

Totally agree!! But at the moment this is the best we can do (?). And the multiple races would be partly because of this... so there´s less chance that anyone gets left out of every race.

Edit: So, I did OK laps for both tunes (Online freerun). So no mistakes (at least big ones :)) and it took 4-5 laps.

Faster: 2:25:67
Slower: 2:26:37

So in my opinion the other team has a slight advantage here, but not much. And it will be another story when racing and not hotlapping. So it´s going to be close. Just as we (I think) like it..

And to Both Tuners: Good work!! 👍

-Timppaq

These times you guys are throwing out here, Apollo87, Zero, osg are they in Free run online mode or Time trial or just a regular race with bumping and drafting ?

Back