Garage Showdowns! Join Discussion to Make Future Events Better!

Too true. We can't tune in the F430/GT-R race, (where would be the fun in it even if we could?), we know how crap Fuji is, and a 750 PP Showdown wouldn't feel right unless you all wanted it really badly. It seems PD simply can't help but hate me, because now I'm going to have to cose this event for a while unless you all really feel we should do a 750 PP race.

PS- The offer is still on the table for someone else to take over and run this event.

750PP !!!! PLLEEAAASSSSEEEEEEEEE .. we are all here to race so why not race some race cars ???? 500 and 600 are "nice" but a little mamby-pamby. To keep the racing as racing and not carnage, pick something like the Tuned Viper or Vette.. both fast and reasonably easy to punt around the track at speed and in control. Still dont think we should discount Fuji, its a fantastic track.

I havnt logged on so just going from the forum posts... is there an F430 event ?? Are the cars tuneable cause that would be real nice.

750PP !!!! PLLEEAAASSSSEEEEEEEEE but to keep the racing as racing and not carnage, pick something like the Tuned Viper or Vette.. both fast and reasonably easy to punt around the track at speed and in control. Still dont think we should discount Fuji, its a fantastic track.

I can change the night to Sunday, but I will have to record Rove.:crazy: Who's decision is it? Isn't it NLxAROSA's? I know that if it's the Viper or Vette TLD will be a force to be reckoned with, I'm quite confident my Vette is one of the best. I'm pretty sure the Viper was good too, but I would revisit that one just in case.

Since I decided on the Z4, I think it's J-Pap's turn to decide a car. But the tuned Viper and Vette sound good to me. 👍 I have very nice setups for both of them. :)

I can change the night to Sunday, but I will have to record Rove.:crazy: Who's decision is it? Isn't it NLxAROSA's? I know that if it's the Viper or Vette TLD will be a force to be reckoned with, I'm quite confident my Vette is one of the best. I'm pretty sure the Viper was good too, but I would revisit that one just in case.

At least its a decent show and you didnt say Battle of the Choirs ;)

Since I decided on the Z4, I think it's J-Pap's turn to decide a car. But the tuned Viper and Vette sound good to me. 👍 I have very nice setups for both of them. :)

But alas, we did not get to race the Z4s (except me and J-PaP in a 1-on-1 which was awesome and close). So I think it's only fair you choose. I have a setup for any car in 750 PP already, so bring it on. IIRC people said your Viper was better, I'll fix that.;)

The Tuned Viper it is then. I have multiple setups, I'll pick one for the showdown. :) But again, I can't guarantee I can race, I have lots of stuff to do offline. ;)

The Tuned Viper it is then. I have multiple setups, I'll pick one for the showdown. :) But again, I can't guarantee I can race, I have lots of stuff to do offline. ;)

Awesome, might come back to GT5P just for that! All that testing may pay off some more, eh, AROSA?
When we say Sunday "night" are we talking night in Aus or night here? I prefer the former, that morning I should cool to do it.

sign me up for TLD please! If I can make it and find the time, I race! Would be nice to run against the different garages. Showdown or now Showdown. As long as those vipers are frequently on track we can have a great time!

So no one wants to take over the reins of this event? Time is an issue, so I may have to update some details tomorrow. Don't worry about signing up again, you signed up for Showdown 3, so unless you want to pull out, I'll know you are happy to race.

IIRC people said your Viper was better, I'll fix that.;)
Apparently, there's no need to fix mine. :sly: Then again, I'm still testing some minor changes, would be cool to get it under two minutes. Puts it right up there with the Amuse and the GT LM, which I think is pretty awesome. And the Viper is a hell of a lot easier to drive. 👍

Time is an issue, so I may have to update some details tomorrow.
I'll have my tune ready around tomorrow evening (GMT/CET).

I'd like to get in on this, I'd be willing to drive for whichever garage needs drivers...

L-Tune seems to be in need, so L-Tune it is.:)

Ardius, it seems Dutch Customs will be able to race now after all, given the new time, so who do you want to race for?

Edit: Oh, and I have dibs on the colour red.:P

Red it is for you, I'll take the brownish/copper color (not sure what it's called :P).

Red it is for you, I'll take the brownish/copper color (not sure what it's called :P).

You mean Copperhead Orange?

Edit: I just posted the link to my setup on the board in the control tower of Suzuka.;) (Read: First post), and it has indeed received improvements making it slightly more user friendly, and transfers weight faster and more appropriately. Vipers must be fun, because this is the second Showdown in a row we are using them.💡

Am i correct in seeing that 888 doesn't have a tuned viper setup? Is that what we are racing at in 15mins or so???

If 888 doesn't have one, i'll go Dutch Customs then.

osg
Am i correct in seeing that 888 doesn't have a tuned viper setup? Is that what we are racing at in 15mins or so???

If 888 doesn't have one, i'll go Dutch Customs then.

I dont understand where people are getting these race times from?? We haven't had a scheduled race in over a month!

I thought that the Z4 showdown time had become the Tuned Viper time...... i.e 10.00gmt?

Anyways.... no-one was on, so assumed there was a schedule conflict going on.....

Nah, as long as the race dates are still in pink, the date and time have not been decided.

Aren't the dates still in pink, and the day changed to Sunday?:odd: Unless the date is in the future, just ignore it.:lol::sly:

Guys I'm no longer running in this event. Sorry to those racing under my tune. I may join up to race for one of the available tuners if I see I am available on the day of racing for any of the future races.

So 8pm 6th July here in QLD is the time then???

I can't find the Viper Tuned from 888 (600PP only?), so put me in for Dutch Customs instead.....

osg
So 8pm 6th July here in QLD is the time then???

I can't find the Viper Tuned from 888 (600PP only?), so put me in for Dutch Customs instead.....

No date has been set yet. 888 Tuning I imagine will make a tune, because it's a Sunday now, but we only decided on the Viper/Tuned yesterday. Give it some time, the Showdown will take place one day.

Guys I'm no longer running in this event. Sorry to those racing under my tune. I may join up to race for one of the available tuners if I see I am available on the day of racing for any of the future races.

Your tune can run the race nevertheless??? :) ...I'm sure there would be racers to bring you some trophies... ;)

I'd like to get in on this, I'd be willing to drive for whichever garage needs drivers...

I just realised you must have the NTSC version, I had better put you on the list you're meant to be on.:sly:

Edit: fr0z3n_f1r3 and Earth, because L-Tune is not racing this time now, I'd like to put one of you with Dutch Customs, and one with 888 Tuning, please let me know which is where, or I can just assign you to the teams.

Holden: if this challenge doesn't run before 7/18, I'll have to bow out, as I'll be on holiday starting then.

Your tune can run the race nevertheless??? :) ...I'm sure there would be racers to bring you some trophies... ;)

Sorry what I meant from the previous post of mine was that I won't be a tuner any further. I may still race for one of the tunes if I find I am available though.

Holden: if this challenge doesn't run before 7/18, I'll have to bow out, as I'll be on holiday starting then.

We'll try for next weekend then.

Sorry what I meant from the previous post of mine was that I won't be a tuner any further. I may still race for one of the tunes if I find I am available though.

Does this mean L-Tune is closing as well?

Edit: TLD would welcome another driver, there's only doblocruiser and I at the moment.

Back