GARAGE YOKOMICHI JAPAN (real shop of JAPAN)

• Thread starter suspension
  • 407 comments
@suspension I'm good from 3:00 PM to 12:00 AM on Sunday :D

...That is if the server lets me enter your room... :mad:

Any specs or restrictions for "My car" event?

Also reviews for given tunes coming up :)👍 Golf R, "EG vs EK" , RB26DETT swap into stock Z31 (custom Calsonic/Amuse transmission vs stock RB26) :crazy:

On a separate note, I should create a post where I put up all my lap times for tunes on Matterhorn Rotterdam...:dunce:

If I win a jackpot on states lottery, or poker tourney, hands down, my first purchase (after paying off bills etc. Ofcourse ;) ), would be a around fair airplane ticket to japan, purchasing a car (preferably s 15), and a visit to Yokomichi Garage for the fine tuning(Maybe by a condo there so I can stay during the summers in japan)!

One can dream the dreams right? :D

P.s. oh, and ofcourse ship it back to state praying the ride will meet all the requirements to drive in state. Would be soo cool to cruise with right side driver!!!!!

By the way, maybe some day you guys can post a brief youtube video about the car scene in your town or a cruise of the cars you guys worked on! I know I'd watch it

Last edited:
HELLO EVERYONE !!! WOULD ANYONE LIKE TO DRIVE TOUGE FOR THE "MY CAR" EVENT?
@r34love - THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR RESPONSE- YOU ARE A TRUE FRIEND INDEED!
hope all is well i havent talked with you..TTYS HOPEFULLY BROTHER
@Numb2pencil - I HAVE A VERY VERY SPECIAL TUNE FOR S15- I WILL SEND BY PSN :)
and IRL we will be waiting !! :)
@CKVK - arout what time is good for you ? on sunday - BTW the picture i send you before.. im going to NYC ! ... think about ALL the pictures and you will understand lol - and i will listen to WU-TANG !
@themint - hope to see you in GERMANY for touge - WE NEED ALL THE GUYS TO JOIN - SOON スーパー(super) EGG is going down !

Sadly, I get on my ps3 around 1 am to 5 am (pacific time zone). So, most likely I will not be able to join you guys for the event. But, I hope you guys have fun!

I will check out the replays if anyone is going to save their runs!

And also, is the s 15 grip setting? Because I have the drift tune from you already! Can't wait to try the grip settings if that is what you meant!

RB26DETT swapped Nissan 300zx Z31- Standard Getrag ratios and Amuse/Calsonic ratios Comparison

1:45.218 stock Getrag ratios

1:44.740 custom close ratios [-0.478]

We start this week with one of the first tunes/builds Ichiro-san lent to me, a simulated RB26DETT (Skyline GT-R motor) and the original Getrag gear ratios alongside a custom set of ratios, used in real life by Calsonic (Final gear is used by Amuse) resting inside a Z31 300zx, on stock handling components.

Using Matterhorn Rotenboden as the base test track, I found the simulated RB26DETT to be quick a handful especially while on stock LSD and suspension settings so differences in lap times can be determined more so by the variation of the stock RB26 transmission ratios and the Calsonic gear ratios w/ Amuse final gear ratio. The shifts for the custom ratios were considerably shorter and most corners were able to be taken in the power range of a higher gear then the Getrag. For example, when tackling the monstrous hills on which the first 5 corners rest on, the custom box was able to maintain its revs in 4th gear, while the Getrag box was downshifted to 3rd, to enable more revs to bring the car back up in speed. What this means is on following straights coming out of the corners, you are typically traveling 6-10 km/h quicker in the custom box, allowing to you shave some tenths of a second off your time.

If I said the Z31 300zx (260zx?) could handle the power, I would be a liar, but what else can you expect from a stock suspension setup? After rolling the car a few times due to the very tall stance, the times posted are not that remarkable, considering a 226 hp Civic (Compared to RB26 at 360 HP!) was faster than the custom box by 3 tenths of a second. I will revisit this car once Shako puts out a tune for corner-taking components of this vehicle, after which I will expect lap times to fall well into the mid 30 range.

2010 Golf R Shako Tune Review! - The Euro Invasion has begun!

Shako YM has finally released their first Euro car (first one I've driven :D) and where else to start then the modern day, original hot hatch? While the majority of Shako's prior work, (of which I've tested) seems to be Naturally Aspirated Honda engines with a relatively low curb weight (<950 kg) this 2010 Golf R shows a side of Shako tuning which I have not experienced yet, turbocharged-All Wheel Drive! (Ichiro-san, gotta start bringing in the Skyline GT-Rs and Evos/Sti's! :))

This Golf R, while relatively average in today's cars' curb weights, is surprisingly quite the heavy weight (1234 kg) in Shako's tuned car lineup! The car itself is neutral in handling, one of Shako's trademark tuning characteristics, with the weight itself not being that noticeable as you throw the car through corners. Perhaps part of this result, is the 50:50 torque transfer distribution, meaning both axles are receiving the same amount of the 270 hp @ 4400 rpm from the turbo-4 motor. Although a large amount of torque, 363 lb-ft @ 3900 rpm, is turning the wheels, there is almost no drama, no wheel spin what so ever! As the car turns in on throttle, the LSD prevents and sends away the majority of understeer (weight distr. 53:47) you've come to expect from AWD V-dubs, allowing for a flat and quick sprint in the following straight. Off throttle corner chucking however, is a mixed bag, at certain low speed corners, there tends to be great oversteer, with the back of the car swinging around dramatically, often going through the corner fine, if not wasting a tenth of a second or two. Similarly as the car approached the bottom of the incline into the sharp left turn, the brakes in the rear locked up, again swinging the rear side around, resulting in some uncontrollable skids, perhaps some adjustments to the rear LSD decel or brake bias can fix this abnormal handling characteristic.

However during high speed off throttle cornering, the back remains planted and completely stable, a speed of 200 km/h (120 mph) was maintained on the long high-speed right hander on Matterhorn Rotenboden right before the large inclined drop.

In conclusion, the Golf R is not the type of vehicle I typically drive on GT6 or in real life (FF slushboxes ya'll!) However with the fantastic suspension and generally well performing LSD setup, the weight disadvantage seems to vanish in most racing scenarios (downhill exempt). The lap time set by this car is the fastest so far among Shako's tunes, coming in at 1:42.995 on Sports Soft tires. Out of a score of 100, I would rate this car 84/100.

Lap time: 1:42.995
Closest time: Shako Miata: 1:43.3 (before update) [+0.305]

Civic Hatch Sibling Rivalry! EG vs EK

Not letting an Euro tune spoil him, Ichiro-san also provided me with a K20a Honda Civic Type R EK9 tune. In short the tune was reminiscent of prior Honda FF builds, very neutral and Shako characteristic flat handling, with relatively Neutral on throttle turn in. Braking is also quite good, however on the downhill of Matterhorn Rotenboden, the Leading Left wheel locks up, leading to a slightly longer braking distance. Straight speed was somewhat limited as I will explore in the comparison below.

This new Civic tune of course allowed me to revisit a previous provided tune of Shako YM, the SUPER EGG! Both Civics have near identical statistics, with horsepower, torque and weight being relatively similar. Here's how they stack up:

EK9 - k20a w/ k20a ratios

226 hp @ 8800 RPM
163 lb-ft @ 7300 RPM
887 kg

SUPER EGG - k20a w/ 6-close ratios.

226 hp @ 7100 RPM [-1700 RPM]
173 lb-ft @ 6800 RPM [+10 lb-ft] AND [-500 RPM]
874 kg [-13 kg]

As you can see above, while the handling characteristics of both cars are very alike, the simulated k20a motors are quite different. The EK9 is at a disadvantage at nearly every aspect of straight line speed, peak horsepower is granted nearly 2k RPM after the SUPER EGG, while torque is 10 lb-ft down, reaching peak torque 500 RPM in comparison to EG. Comparison in weight is negligible, with only 13 kg being the difference. All these aspects come together and just hammer the EG out of a corner quicker than the EK, shaving tenths of a second at every single turn. Laps times at Matterhorn Rotenboden are listed below along with the cars' respective weight to horsepower ratio, with the Golf R also being listed:

EG 3.88 kg/HP 1:44.740
EK 3.92 kg/HP 1:46.060
VW 4.57 kg/HP 1:42.995

On a separate note, even another example, as Ichiro-san and I were partaking in some touge action, him in the EK9 up front, with me in the SUPER EGG chasing, right after the start, the EG caught up and overtook the EK. The potential in the handling is there, however the delivery in power is limited by GT6's customization, leading to the Super EGG completely overshadowing its younger sibling.

EK9: 76/100
SUPER EGG: 97/100

Well time for me to catch some Z's...:eek::boggled:

Last edited:
HELLO EVERYONE !!! WOULD ANYONE LIKE TO DRIVE TOUGE FOR THE "MY CAR" EVENT?
@r34love - THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR RESPONSE- YOU ARE A TRUE FRIEND INDEED!
hope all is well i havent talked with you..TTYS HOPEFULLY BROTHER
@Numb2pencil - I HAVE A VERY VERY SPECIAL TUNE FOR S15- I WILL SEND BY PSN :)
and IRL we will be waiting !! :)
@CKVK - arout what time is good for you ? on sunday - BTW the picture i send you before.. im going to NYC ! ... think about ALL the pictures and you will understand lol - and i will listen to WU-TANG !
@themint - hope to see you in GERMANY for touge - WE NEED ALL THE GUYS TO JOIN - SOON スーパー(super) EGG is going down !

Ill try and meet you guys
RB26DETT swapped Nissan 300zx Z31- Standard Getrag ratios and Amuse/Calsonic ratios Comparison

1:45.218 stock Getrag ratios

1:44.740 custom close ratios [-0.478]

We start this week with one of the first tunes/builds Ichiro-san lent to me, a simulated RB26DETT (Skyline GT-R motor) and the original Getrag gear ratios alongside a custom set of ratios, used in real life by Calsonic (Final gear is used by Amuse) resting inside a Z31 300zx, on stock handling components.

Using Matterhorn Rotenboden as the base test track, I found the simulated RB26DETT to be quick a handful especially while on stock LSD and suspension settings so differences in lap times can be determined more so by the variation of the stock RB26 transmission ratios and the Calsonic gear ratios w/ Amuse final gear ratio. The shifts for the custom ratios were considerably shorter and most corners were able to be taken in the power range of a higher gear then the Getrag. For example, when tackling the monstrous hills on which the first 5 corners rest on, the custom box was able to maintain its revs in 4th gear, while the Getrag box was downshifted to 3rd, to enable more revs to bring the car back up in speed. What this means is on following straights coming out of the corners, you are typically traveling 6-10 km/h quicker in the custom box, allowing to you shave some tenths of a second off your time.

If I said the Z31 300zx (260zx?) could handle the power, I would be a liar, but what else can you expect from a stock suspension setup? Around then rolling the car a few times due to the very tall stance, times posted are not that remarkable, considering a 226 hp Civic (Compared to RB26 at 360 HP!) was faster than the custom box by 3 tenths of a second. I will revisit this car once Shako puts out a tune for corner-taking components of this vehicle, after which I will expect lap times to fall well into the mid 30 range.

2010 Golf R Shako Tune Review! - The Euro Invasion has begun!

Shako YM has finally released their first Euro car (first one I've driven :D) and where else to start then the modern day, original hot hatch? While the majority of Shako's prior work, (of which I've tested) seems to be Naturally Aspirated Honda engines with a relatively low curb weight (<950 kg) this 2010 Golf R shows a side of Shako tuning which I have not experienced yet, turbocharged-All Wheel Drive! (Ichiro-san, gotta start bringing in the Skyline GT-Rs and Evos/Sti's! :))

This Golf R, while relatively average in today's cars' curb weights, is surprisingly quite the heavy weight (1234 kg) in Shako's tuned car lineup! The car itself is neutral in handling, one of Shako's trademark tuning characteristics, with the weight itself not being that noticeable as you throw the car through corners. Perhaps part of this result, is the 50:50 torque transfer distribution, meaning both axles are receiving the same amount of the 270 hp @ 4400 rpm from the turbo-4 motor. Although a large amount of torque, 363 lb-ft @ 3900 rpm, is turning the wheels, there is almost no drama, no wheel spin what so ever! As the car turns in on throttle, the LSD prevents and sends away the majority of understeer (weight distr. 53:47) you've come to expect from AWD V-dubs, allowing for a flat and quick sprint in the following straight. Off throttle corner chucking however, is a mixed bag, at certain low speed corners, there tends to be great oversteer, with the back of the car swinging around dramatically, often going through the corner fine, if not wasting a tenth of a second or two. Similarly as the car approached the bottom of the incline into the sharp left turn, the brakes in the rear locked up, again swinging the rear side around, resulting in some uncontrollable skids, perhaps some adjustments to the rear LSD decel or brake bias can fix this abnormal handling characteristic.

However during high speed off throttle cornering, the back remains planted and completely stable, a speed of 200 km/h (120 mph) was maintained on the long high-speed right hander on Matterhorn Rotenboden right before the large inclined drop.

In conclusion, the Golf R is not the type of vehicle I typically drive on GT6 or in real life (FF slushboxes ya'll!) However with the fantastic suspension and generally well performing LSD setup, the weight disadvantage seems to vanish in most racing scenarios (downhill exempt). The lap time set by this car is the fastest so far among Shako's tunes, coming in at 1:42.995 on Sports Soft tires. Out of a score of 100, I would rate this car 84/100.

Lap time: 1:42.995
Closest time: Shako Miata: 1:43.3 (before update) [+0.305]

Civic Hatch Sibling Rivalry! EG vs EK

Not letting an Euro tune spoil him, Ichiro-san also provided me with a K20a Honda Civic Type R EK9 tune. In short the tune was reminiscent of prior Honda FF builds, very neutral and Shako characteristic flat handling, with relatively Neutral on throttle turn in. Braking is also quite good, however on the downhill of Matterhorn Rotenboden, the Leading Left wheel locks up, leading to a slightly longer braking distance. Straight speed was somewhat limited as I will explore in the comparison below.

This new Civic tune of course allowed me to revisit a previous provided tune of Shako YM, the SUPER EGG! Both Civics have near identical statistics, with horsepower, torque and weight being relatively similar. Here's how they stack up:

EK9 - k20a w/ k20a ratios

226 hp @ 8800 RPM
163 lb-ft @ 7300 RPM
887 kg

SUPER EGG - k20a w/ 6-close ratios.

226 hp @ 7100 RPM [-1700 RPM]
173 lb-ft @ 6800 RPM [+10 lb-ft] AND [-500 RPM]
874 kg [-13 kg]

As you can see above, while the handling characteristics of both cars are very alike, the simulated k20a motors are quite different. The EK9 is at a disadvantage at nearly every aspect of straight line speed, peak horsepower is granted nearly 2k RPM after the SUPER EGG, while torque is 10 lb-ft down, reaching peak torque 500 RPM in comparison to EG. Comparison in weight is negligible, with only 13 kg being the difference. All these aspects come together and just hammer the EG out of a corner quicker than the EK, shaving tenths of a second at every single turn. Laps times at Matterhorn Rotenboden are listed below along with the cars' respective weight to horsepower ratio, with the Golf R also being listed:

EG 3.88 kg/HP 1:44.740
EK 3.92 kg/HP 1:46.060
VW 4.57 kg/HP 1:42.995

On a separate note, even another example, as Ichiro-san and I were partaking in some touge action, him in the EK9 up front, with me in the SUPER EGG chasing, right after the start, the EG caught up and overtook the EK. The potential in the handling is there, however the delivery in power is limited by GT6's customization, leading to the Super EGG completely overshadowing its younger sibling.

EK9: 76/100
SUPER EGG: 97/100

Well time for me to catch some Z's...:eek::boggled:

great reviews as always MINT. Ichiro has plenty of skyline, subaru, and evo tunes. Just ask him and be prepared to set new quickest lap times. :)

Ill try and meet you guys

great reviews as always MINT. Ichiro has plenty of skyline, subaru, and evo tunes. Just ask him and be prepared to set new quickest lap times. :)

Yeah I suspected as much!:P @suspension Ichiro-san bring on the tunes! :lol:

ALSO, I think my router may have been the cause of some of my disconnects, it turns out my wired connection to a router was connected to another router wirelessly... go figure. :crazy:

I hope everything works out and we can all race together soon! :cheers:

Yeah I suspected as much!:P @suspension Ichiro-san bring on the tunes! :lol:

ALSO, I think my router may have been the cause of some of my disconnects, it turns out my wired connection to a router was connected to another router wirelessly... go figure. :crazy:

I hope everything works out and we can all race together soon! :cheers:

We are going to drive together and get Hot Version started soon gentlemen. I have finished my tour in another league and will now be concentrating my energies toward helping @suspension with getting thing started, so don't go anywhere. We will probably need you and @CKVK and @Streeto very soon to do some testing. @suspension has his PS in the shop right now, so it will either happen this weekend or next weekend. Stand by for further info.

Sounds great, I'll most likely be there, unless something happens to my internet connection, which has been fixed (or has it..), Also looking foreward to making and racing on touge tracks with the upcoming Course Creator! I hope they let us have enough control over the course's dynamics! :D

What tires will we use for hot version? I hope something budget street spec like CS/SH...

Sounds like a great plan! :D

@suspension prefers SS. And I have to concur. In the process of playing GT6, I have come to the conclusion that the Sport Soft is (in my opinion), the best tire model of the different tires in the game. It may have been the baseline tire used as the model for the other tires, but there is something special about it. This of course, only pertains to street cars and tuners doing racing and time attack duties. I do have a Caddy CTS-V that can get a little drift going with SS, but we don't want to talk about that! ;)

Hello @all! Have not forgotten Hot Version! Many people going back to school, work or like me, both. Trying to wait for everyone's schedules and vacations to start trying to organize that. Hoping to recruit @themint to help us out with organization and scheduling. Had a little one on one battling with him and @Yusenkyo lately. Big fun!

Just so you know my friends, we have not forgotten. My sincere apologies for taking this long to get back with everyone. Stay tuned.

Sounds great, I'll most likely be there, unless something happens to my internet connection, which has been fixed (or has it..), Also looking foreward to making and racing on touge tracks with the upcoming Course Creator! I hope they let us have enough control over the course's dynamics! :D
Ihope the couse maker is like that i wanna replicate Ebisu circuit..
Also enjoying racing with both mint and R34, Hope soon @suspension will see me.. can't wait to battle the master..
I agree all his tunes are dead on heck im using the controller and the car tracks flawless recovers quick as well..
If i had the $$ i would be at his door with a 01 s2k and a 1993 R32 for him to tune ... then invite him and his fam. out for dinner

WE ARE BACK AND RED HOT !!!
Let's tune guys !! Accepting all request.. Can also request via PM my team. @r34love @CKVK @themint or @htmanC
And ALWAYS @suspension or "SHAKOYM-JP" (PSN) -- me (ichiro)
HOPE WE ALL TALK SOON!!!
Mata kondo !

Looking forward to the requests and tuning. Many fun evenings with my brother @suspension and of course prayers to the strong people of Japan! You guys are tough; hang in there!

Just tried your integra type r tune....very nice really enjoyed my drive. Was wondering if you have s tune for the Honda s 2000'06 I really like this car.

Just tried your integra type r tune....very nice really enjoyed my drive. Was wondering if you have s tune for the Honda s 2000'06 I really like this car.
YES !!! I HAVE THE ULTIMATE S2000 TUNING SPECS !!!!
サスペンション テスト、ありがとうございました。

YES !!! I HAVE THE ULTIMATE S2000 TUNING SPECS !!!!
サスペンション テスト、ありがとうございました。
Thanks for the quick reply thank you again. I was reading your page and you want for specs and pp.... The request I sent to for the s2000 would be in the 500 to 550pp range. I'm looking for an agressive tune for online racing. Would like for it to hugggg the turns. Thanks again

Thanks for the quick reply thank you again. I was reading your page and you want for specs and pp.... The request I sent to for the s2000 would be in the 500 to 550pp range. I'm looking for an agressive tune for online racing. Would like for it to hugggg the turns. Thanks again
If you have any other tunes available please send would like to drive. I sent you a PSn request

If you have any other tunes available please send would like to drive. I sent you a PSn request
Just received my S2000 tune from suspension....what can I say. But this tune is great, just an all around good tune. Very nice drive really smooth is turns. Looking forward to receive more tunes. Here's to you my friend :cheers:

Back