GARAGE YOKOMICHI JAPAN (real shop of JAPAN)

• Thread starter suspension
  • 407 comments
Hello. New to the tune scene. Just came upon this page. I would love to try out a race or drift tune by these guys. If anyone who've been helped by them got a tune set (if willing to share) please send me a messege. I noticed they don't post tunes publicly so I won't ask for you to reply on this thread but my g planet inbox works I think. Thank you.
Hello !! what kind of tune would you like ? :)

suspension my brother! DC2R tune is insane! The car almost drives itself on Nur. Applied to '95 Integra Type R. Told you my first time? Cut 18 seconds off on the third lap. Steering is quick and responsive. You almost forget it's a front drive car. And if you do, the car is very forgiving. Off the gas and blip the e-brake and you're back on your way no problem.

You said,
drive flat out and let the suspension do the work.

You were not kidding. If one tries to force it, mistakes will happen. If you just drive the course, it does what you want. Pivots nicely when hopping curves, with no impression of wanting to roll over. V8 Supercar style!

Brakes are very stable, even though your run them higher than I usually do. Slows the car down nicely before the turn and I can get on the gas faster. Usually before the apex and get plenty of speed on exit.

Flies around Red Bull Ring. I loved that course yesterday. I love it even more today. The car fits me. I don't have to fit to the car. Thanks my brothers at Garage Yokomichi Japan. See y'all on the track!

R3 - 4

Shako-san! I been away too! Not because my PS3 is dead (it's not). I just been playing too much rFactor and been drifting with Ueo-san Garage Sift Cusco Hachi Roku :)

yoooo ! how are you man?? come backkkkkk lol, hope to see you soon but have fun in the mean time :) i will talk to you soon bro !!

suspension my brother! DC2R tune is insane! The car almost drives itself on Nur. Applied to '95 Integra Type R. Told you my first time? Cut 18 seconds off on the third lap. Steering is quick and responsive. You almost forget it's a front drive car. And if you do, the car is very forgiving. Off the gas and blip the e-brake and you're back on your way no problem.
You said,

You were not kidding. If one tries to force it, mistakes will happen. If you just drive the course, it does what you want. Pivots nicely when hopping curves, with no impression of wanting to roll over. V8 Supercar style!

Brakes are very stable, even though your run them higher than I usually do. Slows the car down nicely before the turn and I can get on the gas faster. Usually before the apex and get plenty of speed on exit.

Flies around Red Bull Ring. I loved that course yesterday. I love it even more today. The car fits me. I don't have to fit to the car. Thanks my brothers at Garage Yokomichi Japan. See y'all on the track!

R3 - 4

Toby, im so glad to share the DC2R that i drove in real life with you ! it was my pleasure, today im sure we will talk... i will share some more DC2 secrets and send you the EK9 tune :)

Hello fellow members of gtplanet and gt6 players! I am very pleased to announce that my experience with the crew from 'Yokomichi Garage' have been wonderful! Here are some of the things I have been wanting to share for future customers of the 'Yokomichi Garage'!
-Service: They have been very kind and generous to share their knowledge of their work! Mr. Suspension and the crews have been contacting me with enthusiasm and caring tone! Basically, they deliver on what they have told they would! Also, they are more than willing to help tune those rides and even will go on one on one sessions to see the progress and how your style of driving is!
- So far, the cars I have asked to be tuned has been, well, tuned! I have just got a messege from mr. Suspension him self that my next honda will be ready by tonight!
-if anyone frequents this thread and have pondered if you want to try their tunes, all I can say is 'go for it'! If you have the knowledge of how tunes work, I am sure you will have some great time conversing with the 'Yokomichi Garage' crews!
-if anyone have questions about my experience with these gentlemen, don't hesitate to ask!
By the way, the ae86 tune has been wonderful! I was toe to toe with a s2000 in grand valley track with ease! I will try the cadillac soon and as well as the Honda which is on its way!

Hello everyone. I am happy to announce that I got a chance to take my 'Yokomichi Garage' tuned cars (ek civic, ae86 ss version, and the fd!) for a spin with Mr.Suspension! We visited the nurb. track, mt. Pan., and also another track which I forgot the name of (sorry)! Had a blast! I have learned a good deal on the driving methods as well! I will be on psn again in my usual hours ( 1:30 am to beyond 4 am pacific time zone). If anyone want to come and join me, please send me a inbox messege thru gtplanet! Hope to see you guys!

P.s.
Very impressed to find out these tunes are actually based from real life work of the Yokomichi Garage! If they handle this good in-game, I couldn't imagine how fun it would be to drive one irl. Awsome work fellas!

Ran my first races in the XFEL last night. My highest position was 4th, in the Matterhorn Riffelsee 20 minute endurance race. A very difficult course with the flying uphill and torque demanding uphill. I can only attribute my near podium finish to SHAKO-YM Japan. My tune allowed me to keep up with and pass all others, including an S2000 and an NSX-R Prototype road car and jump all the way to third in my Civic EK '97. The only reason I did not stand on the podium was the result of my errors. The EK did what it was supposed to do, so I failed it. My thanks to Garage Yokomichi, Japan and suspension & team for their hard work and support.

My other races did not work so well, but I must admit that I believe it was due to the fact that I was driving cars that I had tuned alone, (due to time constraints) and I could have done much better. I am sure that with the help of SHAKO-YM, I will be much more successful in the weeks coming.

As for the EK, it performed as expected, counting on the suspension to give me the speed in the turns neccessary to outpace the road cars that were challenging me. At 286 hp, it had plenty of grunt to pull itself up the hill, where I was able to reel in an S2000 quite easily and had plenty of braking power to slow me down well enough to crest the big hill without flying off in all directions. Had I not gotten overzealous and tried to overtake the next S2000 too soon, third place would have been an easy podium. We'll get them next time with the help of the House of Yokomichi!

R three-four

Hello, Vanakam ;), long time lurker here, having gotten bored and fed up with my AW11, I sent Mr. Suspension here an invite! Nevertheless he got back to me with great professionalism and although the AW11 is a pig in GT6, Mr. Suspension stuck with me for a lengthy 5 hours helping me perfect his tune! Only 5 hours because I had to go to bed to walk up early the next morning!

Again Mr. Suspension showed much appreciated professionalism, and while he was hard at work, he provided me with 5 other tunes, so I can go wild in the Green Hell that is the Nurburgring. As I feel his work is definitely top tier, I will go through all of his provided tunes, though I must say I am not the greatest of drivers and definitely not a hardcore simulator racer. I use a DS3 controller, sensitivity at 0 and no assists except ABS at 1.

FD Tune: Neutral Grip King.
This tune was flat through every single turn I put it through at the Nurburgring. Not flat as in a bit of wiggle here and there, no it was pancakes with maple syrup FLAT. It didn't matter if you cornered at 60, 100 or 200 km/h (37.5, 62.5, 125 mph) the car's four wheel were stuck on the track, provided it was not grass, and did not show an ounce of understeer nor oversteer, remaining very neutral. If I were to drive the car without any prior knowledge or image of the build, I would have assumed that it was a touring car with loads of aero, this car is definitely one of Mr. Suspension's finest creations.

EG Tune: Super EGG
After a hour or so of my driving causing the AW11 rearing it's backend around (Please PD, the AW11 is supposed to grip, not swing around like a hammer) Mr. Suspension offered me a Honda tune. Being the nostalgic little boy who grew up with an EG8 Sedan, I inquired about an EG tune. Behold the Super EGG! With a K20a swap and fine tuned suspension, this civic is no joke!

Power was limited to 225 hp, but it sure didn't feel like it! Again the handling was characteristically flat with little understeer to complete neutral handling once the throttle is released. Next to the AW11 tune, I would hands down say this is my favourite tune, again it felt like I was driving a touring car, I never felt such a difference in handling after a tune in suspension and LSD. Great job on this tune, Mr. Suspension!

DC2-R Tune: Hear my VTEC Grip!
3rd hour, as I was speechless about Mr. Suspension's Super EGG, I blurted something about the DC2 being one my RL friend's favourite cars. Mr. Suspension had heard enough, and told me to drive his 0 camber ultimate DC2-R. 0 Camber I wondered? Wasn't there an update which allowed camber to have a positive effect on cars now? Mr. Suspension reassured me, Just let the suspension do the heavy lifting. He was right, and boy was I ripping up the Nurburgring. With no assists and my subpar driving, even my usual errors and rumbler jumps didn't upset the car. The DC2-R was perfectly satisfied with me pointing it a direction, and pursuing the direction in a flat, drama-less chase with the replicated k20a screaming past 8k RPM. Of course no oversteer was encountered, but even on-throttle cornering felt more neutral with less understeer. While I enjoyed the smaller brother EG more, this DC2 is no slouch and will rip up 240sx's and lightly modified 350z's if placed in the right set of hands.

NSX-R Tune: To Grip or not to Grip?
While I admittedly did not spend as much time in Mr. Suspension's NSX, I must state that his tuning very much complemented the stock NSX handling. When increasing throttle the back end freely slides, however unlike the stock/before tune AW11 MR2, the NSX can easily be composed and brought back to a neutral and stable path by braking, releasing the throttle or simply counter steering. If grip is your priority on the track however, apply the throttle in a regulated and sensible manner and the car will grip smoothly through the turns. A loose yet still stiff and very controllable tune is the foundation of this NSX.

SS AE-86 Tune: Road Carving Car

As we neared the ending of our time tuning the AW11, Mr. Suspension brought up the AE-86 and its legendary reputation in Japan's tuning industry. Obviously I had to get a hold of his real life shop-based tune of the Hachiroku. I half expected the tune to be more on the loose, sliding side, especially with the car's shorter wheel base. However as I drove the car, again I felt insane amounts of grip, rivaling the prior mentioned FD and EG. Each turn was razor sharp and if I ever spun out, it was due to my incompetence in driving this awesome road carver. I would highly recommend this setup to anyone that is seeking out a low PP race on a course that is full of varying types of bends, you will almost certainly make up time on bends.

AW11 Custom Tune: My Requested Vehicle!
Finally we are arrive to my originally proposed vehicle, the AW11. I really do not know what PD did with the handling characteristics with this vehicle in this game, but it almost impossible to drive flat without drifting or sliding through corners. (Perhaps a wheel would improve the handling?) With maximum power used, my Supercharged AW11 was just was impossible to steer through on mid to high speed corners, perhaps due to my stubbornness on not fitting a wing on the back. Mr. Suspension took the car, and through the 5 hours I spent with him, he slowly but effectively narrowed down the tune's handling via suspension and LSD, until I was satisfied with the result.

Although I don't mind a bit of sliding, the sliding tendencies of the AW11 is overwhelming and Mr. Suspension helped on the part by providing my with a firm suspension set up, which helped me grip through speeds of 200 km/h (125 mph) with great balance to quickly transition me to neutral centre. Sliding out the rear was still an option, as I perfered to run Sports Hard tires, switching over to Sports Soft tires seems to plant the vehicle a great amount more.

Do I still spin out? Yes I do, but the settings Mr. Suspension provided me put me on a much higher platform in regards to handling then my original tune, which saw one rear wheel sliding through 100 km/h (60 mph) turns. As I get more used to the tune, I find myself appreciating the easier counter steering and more neutral steer in helping bring down wasted seconds, lost due to flamboyant but unintentional drifts.

Whew, that took alot out of me to write. Talk about a massive post! I apologize to those of you who feel this wall of words is way too much, however I felt Mr. Suspension and his tunes should receive more recognition and praise. Mr. Suspension was very professional throughout the entire process and honestly, being the semi-causal I am, those 5 hours (the longest I ever played gt6!) were a breeze with his company and fantastic tunes. Again sorry for the wall, but I hope you all give Mr. Suspension a chance and enjoy his work!

, long time lurker here, having gotten bored and fed up with my AW11, I sent Mr. Suspension here an invite! Nevertheless he got back to me with great professionalism and although the AW11 is a pig in GT6, Mr. Suspension stuck with me for a lengthy 5 hours helping me perfect his tune! Only 5 hours because I had to go to bed to walk up early the next morning!

Again Mr. Suspension showed much appreciated professionalism, and while heA lot of peo hard at work, he provided me with 5 other tunes, so I can go wild in the Green Hell that is the Nurburgring. As I feel his work is definitely top tier, I will go through all of his provided tunes, though I must say I am not the greatest of drivers and definitely not a hardcore simulator racer. I use a DS3 controller, sensitivity at 0 and no assists except ABS at 1.

FD Tune: Neutral Grip King.
This tune was flat through every single turn I put it through at the Nurburgring. Not flat as in a bit of wiggle here and there, no it was pancakes with maple syrup FLAT. It didn't matter if you cornered at 60, 100 or 200 km/h (37.5, 62.5, 125 mph) the car's four wheel were stuck on the track, provided it was not grass, and did not show an ounce of understeer nor oversteer, remaining very neutral. If I were to drive the car without any prior knowledge or image of the build, I would have assumed that it was a touring car with loads of aero, this car is definitely one of Mr. Suspension's finest creations.

EG Tune: Super EGG
After a hour or so of my driving causing the AW11 rearing it's backend around (Please PD, the AW11 is supposed to grip, not swing around like a hammer) Mr. Suspension offered me a Honda tune. Being the nostalgic little boy who grew up with an EG8 Sedan, I inquired about an EG tune. Behold the Super EGG! With a K20a swap and fine tuned suspension, this civic is no joke!

Power was limited to 225 hp, but it sure didn't feel like it! Again the handling was characteristically flat with little understeer to complete neutral handling once the throttle is released. Next to the AW11 tune, I would hands down say this is my favourite tune, again it felt like I was driving a touring car, I never felt such a difference in handling after a tune in suspension and LSD. Great job on this tune, Mr. Suspension!

DC2-R Tune: Hear my VTEC Grip!
3rd hour, as I was speechless about Mr. Suspension's Super EGG, I blurted something about the DC2 being one my RL friend's favourite cars. Mr. Suspension had heard enough, and told me to drive his 0 camber ultimate DC2-R. 0 Camber I wondered? Wasn't there an update which allowed camber to have a positive effect on cars now? Mr. Suspension reassured me, Just let the suspension do the heavy lifting. He was right, and boy was I ripping up the Nurburgring. With no assists and my subpar driving, even my usual errors and rumbler jumps didn't upset the car. The DC2-R was perfectly satisfied with me pointing it a direction, and pursuing the direction in a flat, drama-less chase with the replicated k20a screaming past 8k RPM. Of course no oversteer was encountered, but even on-throttle cornering felt more neutral with less understeer. While I enjoyed the smaller brother EG more, this DC2 is no slouch and will rip up 240sx's and lightly modified 350z's if placed in the right set of hands.

NSX-R Tune: To Grip or not to Grip?
While I admittedly did not spend as much time in Mr. Suspension's NSX, I must state that his tuning very much complemented the stock NSX handling. When increasing throttle the back end freely slides, however unlike the stock/before tune AW11 MR2, the NSX can easily be composed and brought back to a neutral and stable path by braking, releasing the throttle or simply counter steering. If grip is your priority on the track however, apply the throttle in a regulated and sensible manner and the car will grip smoothly through the turns. A loose yet still stiff and very controllable tune is the foundation of this NSX.
SS AE-86 Tune: Road Carving Car
As we neared the ending of our time tuning the AW11, Mr. Suspension brought up the AE-86 and its legendary reputation in Japan's tuning industry. Obviously I had to get a hold of his real life shop-based tune of the Hachiroku. I half expected the tune to be more on the loose, sliding side, especially with the car's shorter wheel base. However as I drove the car, again I felt insane amounts of grip, rivaling the prior mentioned FD and EG. Each turn was razor sharp and if I ever spun out, it was due to my incompetence in driving this awesome road carver. I would highly recommend this setup to anyone that is seeking out a low PP race on a course that is full of varying types of bends, you will almost certainly make up time on bends.

AW11 Custom Tune: My Requested Vehicle!
Finally we are arrive to my originally proposed vehicle, the AW11. I really do not know what PD did with the handling characteristics with this vehicle in this game, but it almost impossible to drive flat without drifting or sliding through corners. (Perhaps a wheel would improve the handling?) With maximum power used, my Supercharged AW11 was just was impossible to steer through on mid to high speed corners, perhaps due to my stubbornness on not fitting a wing on the back. Mr. Suspension took the car, and through the 5 hours I spent with him, he slowly but effectively narrowed down the tune's handling via suspension and LSD, until I was satisfied with the result.

Although I don't mind a bit of sliding, the sliding tendencies of the AW11 is overwhelming and Mr. Suspension helped on the part by providing my with a firm suspension set up, which helped me grip through speeds of 200 km/h (125 mph) with great balance to quickly transition me to neutral centre. Sliding out the rear was still an option, as I perfered to run Sports Hard tires, switching over to Sports Soft tires seems to plant the vehicle a great amount more.

Do I still spin out? Yes I do, but the settings Mr. Suspension provided me put me on a much higher platform in regards to handling then my original tune, which saw one rear wheel sliding through 100 km/h (60 mph) turns. As I get more used to the tune, I find myself appreciating the easier counter steering and more neutral steer in helping bring down wasted seconds, lost due to flamboyant but unintentional drifts.

Whew, that took alot out of me to write. Talk about a massive post! I apologize to those of you who feel this wall of words is way too much, however I felt Mr. Suspension and his tunes should receive more recognition and praise. Mr. Suspension was very professional throughout the entire process and honestly, being the semi-causal I am, those 5 hours (the longest I ever played gt6!) were a breeze with his company and fantastic tunes. Again sorry for the wall, but I hope you all give Mr. Suspension a chance and enjoy his work![/quote]

Awesome review! ICHIRO IS THE MAN. As for camber he has been using it when its needed since release. Driving his tunes really make it feel like completely different game/physics. You can really feel the SUSPENSION doing all the work while the car stay flat and drama free.

Now the downside- all non ICHIRO cars will suck, and some of your old favorite cars will make you say what the he'll was I thinking drive this brick.

Racing in the XFEL last week was great. It's a great group to run with, very patient, very cool, and very fast! I had a decent average finish and actually made the podium using a car I tuned myself, using the techniques that I have gained from working with suspension, as well as my experience racing in the league. We had 20 minute endurance races at Eiger Short track, Monaco, The Nur 24H track and Brands Hatch Gran Prix circuits. We also had a 40 minute NASCAR at Daytona event which I sadly crashed out of in the #24 Jeff Gordon SS. The next time I'll be Kyle Busch in the #18.

The Eiger Norwand Short track could have been a podium had I not stopped for tires. Pitting at Eiger is almost a full lap at Eiger, so I lost my 4th place shot there. My SHAKO tuned FD Spirit R was great in the turns and took the deep esses like it had glue on the tires. However my left front tire burned up with 5 minutes left and my fuel consumption was no match for the MX-5s or the RX-8 for that matter. I had to pit and lost 4th place to suspension while I took the long road into and out of the pits. His 4th place was a testament to his tuning skill as he had entered the race room and was still tuning his MX-5 when we started the qualifier.

Overall it was a good night and I am -75 behind the leaders. I feel good going into this week. A lot of fun. If you're looking for some competitive racing with a laid back feel. The XFEL is for you! Until next week kids!

HELLO EVERYONE !!!! IM SORRY TO HAVE BEEN AWAY, I HAVE BEEN BUSY TUNING AND HELPING OTHERS ONLINE.. and THERE IS ALWAYS LIFE, "LIVING" IS OUR MOST BUSY TIME. EVEN WORKING WHILE YOU SLEEP ! *_^
and as of recent many already know of typhoon in Okinawa :(
TO THAMINT: THANK YOU FOR YOU AMAZING REVIEW - LETS MEET AND FINISH THE TRANS !!!!
TO FSPORTIS: PLEASE REQUEST ME OR I CAN REQUEST YOU :)

FAMILY: CK, THAT IS REALLY REALLY COOL !!! ARENT YOU HOT ? LOL HOW LONG ARE YOU GOING TO STAY THERE, I SHOULD HAVE MY PHONE THIS WEEKEND AND I WILL TEXT YOU ASAP. ENJOY YOUR VACATION & SEE YOU SOON ! R34, THNK YOU FOR YOU CONSTANT SUPPORT & DEDICATION ! HOPEFULLY WE MEET ONLINE TONITE ! I WILL TEXT YOU AS WELL !

HELLO EVERYONE !!!! IM SORRY TO HAVE BEEN AWAY, I HAVE BEEN BUSY TUNING AND HELPING OTHERS ONLINE.. and THERE IS ALWAYS LIFE, "LIVING" IS OUR MOST BUSY TIME. EVEN WORKING WHILE YOU SLEEP ! *_^
and as of recent many already know of typhoon in Okinawa :(
TO THAMINT: THANK YOU FOR YOU AMAZING REVIEW - LETS MEET AND FINISH THE TRANS !!!!
TO FSPORTIS: PLEASE REQUEST ME OR I CAN REQUEST YOU :)

FAMILY: CK, THAT IS REALLY REALLY COOL !!! ARENT YOU HOT ? LOL HOW LONG ARE YOU GOING TO STAY THERE, I SHOULD HAVE MY PHONE THIS WEEKEND AND I WILL TEXT YOU ASAP. ENJOY YOUR VACATION & SEE YOU SOON ! R34, THNK YOU FOR YOU CONSTANT SUPPORT & DEDICATION ! HOPEFULLY WE MEET ONLINE TONITE ! I WILL TEXT YOU AS WELL !

I will be away for another 2.5 weeks. It is actually cooler here than where I live in south florida. Plus they have all the skylines, egos and other straight from japan cars we never get in the U.S. :)

Last week I received 2 more tunes from the legendary suspension and also a transmission from r34love for my AW11 tune! First let me say when I posted the AW11 tune review, when I was not too familiar with Mr. Suspension, I thought that was it, that that was the end of the tune, as to be honest, it was already leagues ahead of my own original tune.

Colour me surprised when he mentioned that the LSD needed more tweaking (which he tested through each individual value in the LSD through all the turns at Matterhorn Rotenboden, my preferred testing track) and that he was calling up transmission specialist r34love to get the gear ratios down perfectly! Therefore it seems, I will will providing reviews for the AW11 tune as it evolves and changes as Mr. Suspension and his shop-mates help perfect the tune further!

Anyways lets get started on the two tunes I was provided with last week, this time around I will also use time attack results on Matterhorn Rotenboden, one of my many favourite tracks that also features good high speed and low speed corners, while having a sub-2 minute lap time. A tune will spend at least 10 laps attempting for a 'best lap' with minimal cutting on the grass and runoff areas. My AW11 tune testing however usually runs for 30 laps, due to my obsession with the car!
You must keep in mind that these tunes (tunes other then the AW11) are not optimized for tracks, and use close gear ratios and the Shako "base" LSD and suspension tunes, for truly "tuned" vehicles of perfection, you must request a vehicle to Mr. Suspension who will then fine tune the vehicle to your driving and preferences. Only the AW11 is optimized for Matterhorn Rotenboden, therefore all vehicles are capable of achieving better lap times through refinements or simply better driving :P !

Spoon DC2, high revving vaccum!

LAP time:
1:47.5 on Sports Soft tires.

Let me start by saying, I really love Mr. Suspension's normal DC2-R tune! that car is a monster which can punch above its weight, and puts out only 225 hp @ 6700 RPM and 175 lb-ft of torque @ 6700 RPM. This Spoon DC2 which has its engine modded by the legendary Spoon themselves should therefore be much greater right? Well, not exactly. While Mr. Suspension did modify the Spoon DC2 to bring the most out of its potential, it seems PD has again flubbed up the vehicle it was supposed to simulate (like my AW11!) resulting in the amount of torque in the low end very lack luster, and the amount of power or speed in comparison to revs very underwhelmingly slow (this tune features 240 hp @ 7800 RPM and 175 lb-ft of torque @ 7400 RPM), perhaps VTEC just isn't simulated outright. There is also no weight reduction available for the vehicle (1075 kg), resulting in a heavier final weight then the weight reduced-normal DC2-R (903 kg). (Difference of 172 kg)

Now enough of the negatives, lets talk about Mr. Suspension's magic! While the Spoon DC2 ingame seems to understeer quite a bit with no modifications, Mr. Suspension has managed to counteract the understeer and put forth a more neutral turn in, however unlike Shako's normal DC2-R, chances of getting some fun slight oversteer is quite impossible, with even off throttle turning remaining neutral. The first three uphill turns in Rotenboden seem quite slow, as expected of a FF vehicle, perhaps also due to the lack of low end torque. During the downhill high speed sections the car performed spectacularly, maintaining 180 km/h (112.5 mph) on the long high speed right turn, right before the huge altitude drop, after which the Spoon vehicle has difficulty turning out of into a left turn at the bottom of the drop. In conclusion I must say that, while I expected more from PD on representing this car much better (esp the sound), akin to the real life monster, Mr. Suspension fixed the worst of the symptoms of understeering and horrible turn in that the stock Spoon DC2 possessed.

In comparison here is the times of the earlier FF tunes I tested:

SUPER EGG (EG): 1:46.0 on Sports Soft tires
Shako DC2-R: 1:45.5 on Sports Soft tires
Spoon DC2-R: 1:47.5 on Sports Soft tires

Miata Tune, bringing a pocket knife to a gun fight.. is lethal?!

LAP time:
1:43.3 on Sports Soft tires
Shako FD: 1:45.2 on Sports Soft tires

Let me start off by saying that I really enjoyed Shako FD quite a bit, it was quite literally the ultimate grip machine, with completely neutral handling and sharp cornering, all the while producing impressive times for a car with 275 hp @ 5200 RPM but an impressive 370 lb-ft of torque @ 3900 RPM! The stock Miata is similar to the FD in a lot of ways, well balanced, light weight, and an absolute ball to drive at the limits! It should come at no surprise then, that the lightweight Shako Miata is a magnificent tune to drive, producing results that even surprised me!

The Miata is quite literally on par with the FD, if not better then the FD going around the track. The difference is weight is noticeably high (1050 kg vs 831 kg, difference of 219 kg) and perhaps the sole reason for the Miata's superiority and complete domination of the low and mid speed corners! The high speed right turn, as prior mentioned in the Spoon DC2 review, is a prime spot to see how fast the car can go while staying on the track. The Miata achieved 186 km/h (116.3 mph) while stable, which in my eyes is very good. In comparison the Shako FD achieved 196 km/h (122.5 mph) which is the highest speed among all the tunes I've tested so far (on SS tires). The handling greatly overshadows the engine, which happens to be supercharged, by a great amount, 240 hp @ 6500 RPM and 217 lb-ft of torque @ 5500 RPM paired with a lacking default PD close ratio 5 speed gearbox. In conclusion, the fastest road car on Sports Soft tires I've tested! The Miata is defiantly sharp with its handling and as adept to changing directions as a dragonfly, this hairdresser's car is not to be underestimated!

AW11 Tune Update! Now with LSD and Transmission!
I will try to make this short and sweet, as the words accumulated above this review starting to scare me. The AW11 received a tuned LSD last week from Mr. Suspension, making braking and acceleration into and out of turns nearly effortless compared to before the update. Even down the incline of the Matterhorn Rotenboden, the AW11 behaved and did not spin out or greatly oversteer as I approached the sharp left turn. The first corners on the prior mentioned circuit is also easy to tackle now, with again no great oversteering tendencies!

I also received a new transmission tune from r34love which also increased the pace and efficiency of the gears during corners of the AW11 by a great amount! Corners where I would be shifting gears in before or after the apex to maintain the power are now resolved to only one gear. 6th gear, now a tall gear used for straights, is also capable of going over 300 km/h (180 mph)!

After both of these updates lap times at Matterhorn Rotenboden have improved:

Shako AW11: 1:49.8 on Sports Hard Tires (Before updated tune)
Shako AW11: 1:47.7 on Sports Hard Tires (After updated tune)

That's a massive difference, and that's not all! I entered the AW11 in the 600 PP Seasonal Event at Mount Panorama (For laughs) on Sports Soft Tires and here are the results! Not bad for a 489 PP car, eh? ;)
20140713_164033.jpg
20140713_164055.jpg
20140713_164205.jpg
car names.jpg

Well, that wraps up this review, I hope you give Mr. Suspension and his shop a try!

Last edited:
Last week I received 2 more tunes from the legendary suspension and also a transmission from r34love for my AW11 tune! First let me say when I posted the AW11 tune review, when I was not too familiar with Mr. Suspension, I thought that was it, that that was the end of the tune, as to be honest, it was already leagues ahead of my own original tune.

Colour me surprised when he mentioned that the LSD needed more tweaking (which he tested through each individual value in the LSD through all the turns at Matterhorn Rotenboden, my preferred testing track) and that he was calling up transmission specialist r34love to get the gear ratios down perfectly! Therefore it seems, I will will providing reviews for the AW11 tune as it evolves and changes as Mr. Suspension and his shop-mates help perfect the tune further!

Anyways lets get started on the two tunes I was provided with last week, this time around I will also use time attack results on Matterhorn Rotenboden, one of my many favourite tracks that also features good high speed and low speed corners, while having a sub-2 minute lap time. A tune will spend at least 10 laps attempting for a 'best lap' with minimal cutting on the grass and runoff areas. My AW11 tune testing however usually runs for 30 laps, due to my obsession with the car!
You must keep in mind that these tunes (tunes other then the AW11) are not optimized for tracks, and use close gear ratios and the Shako "base" LSD and suspension tunes, for truly "tuned" vehicles of perfection, you must request a vehicle to Mr. Suspension who will then fine tune the vehicle to your driving and preferences. Only the AW11 is optimized for Matterhorn Rotenboden, therefore all vehicles are capable of achieving better lap times through refinements or simply better driving :P !

Spoon DC2, high revving vaccum!

LAP time:
1:47.5 on Sports Soft tires.

Let me start by saying, I really love Mr. Suspension's normal DC2-R tune! that car is a monster which can punch above its weight, and puts out only 225 hp @ 6700 RPM and 175 lb-ft of torque @ 6700 RPM. This Spoon DC2 which has its engine modded by the legendary Spoon themselves should therefore be much greater right? Well, not exactly. While Mr. Suspension did modify the Spoon DC2 to bring the most out of its potential, it seems PD has again flubbed up the vehicle it was supposed to simulate (like my AW11!) resulting in the amount of torque in the low end very lack luster, and the amount of power or speed in comparison to revs very underwhelmingly slow (this tune features 240 hp @ 7800 RPM and 175 lb-ft of torque @ 7400 RPM), perhaps VTEC just isn't simulated outright. There is also no weight reduction available for the vehicle (1075 kg), resulting in a heavier final weight then the weight reduced-normal DC2-R (903 kg). (Difference of 172 kg)

Now enough of the negatives, lets talk about Mr. Suspension's magic! While the Spoon DC2 ingame seems to understeer quite a bit with no modifications, Mr. Suspension has managed to counteract the understeer and put forth a more neutral turn in, however unlike Shako's normal DC2-R, chances of getting some fun slight oversteer is quite impossible, with even off throttle turning remaining neutral. The first three uphill turns in Rotenboden seem quite slow, as expected of a FF vehicle, perhaps also due to the lack of low end torque. During the downhill high speed sections the car performed spectacularly, maintaining 180 km/h (112.5 mph) on the long high speed right turn, right before the huge altitude drop, after which the Spoon vehicle has difficulty turning out of into a left turn at the bottom of the drop. In conclusion I must say that, while I expected more from PD on representing this car much better (esp the sound), akin to the real life monster, Mr. Suspension fixed the worst of the symptoms of understeering and horrible turn in that the stock Spoon DC2 possessed.

In comparison here is the times of the earlier FF tunes I tested:

SUPER EGG (EG): 1:46.0 on Sports Soft tires
Shako DC2-R: 1:45.5 on Sports Soft tires
Spoon DC2-R: 1:47.5 on Sports Soft tires

Miata Tune, bringing a pocket knife to a gun fight.. is lethal?!

LAP time:
1:43.3 on Sports Soft tires
Shako FD: 1:45.2 on Sports Soft tires

Let me start off by saying that I really enjoyed Shako FD quite a bit, it was quite literally the ultimate grip machine, with completely neutral handling and sharp cornering, all the while producing impressive times for a car with 275 hp @ 5200 RPM but an impressive 370 lb-ft of torque @ 3900 RPM! The stock Miata is similar to the FD in a lot of ways, well balanced, light weight, and an absolute ball to drive at the limits! It should come at no surprise then, that the lightweight Shako Miata is a magnificent tune to drive, producing results that even surprised me!

The Miata is quite literally on par with the FD, if not better then the FD going around the track. The difference is weight is noticeably high (1050 kg vs 831 kg, difference of 219 kg) and perhaps the sole reason for the Miata's superiority and complete domination of the low and mid speed corners! The high speed right turn, as prior mentioned in the Spoon DC2 review, is a prime spot to see how fast the car can go while staying on the track. The Miata achieved 186 km/h (116.3 mph) while stable, which in my eyes is very good. In comparison the Shako FD achieved 196 km/h (122.5 mph) which is the highest speed among all the tunes I've tested so far (on SS tires). The handling greatly overshadows the engine, which happens to be supercharged, by a great amount, 240 hp @ 6500 RPM and 217 lb-ft of torque @ 5500 RPM paired with a lacking default PD close ratio 5 speed gearbox. In conclusion, the fastest road car on Sports Soft tires I've tested! The Miata is defiantly sharp with its handling and as adept to changing directions as a dragonfly, this hairdresser's car is not to be underestimated!

AW11 Tune Update! Now with LSD and Transmission!
I will try to make this short and sweet, as the words accumulated above this review starting to scare me. The AW11 received a tuned LSD last week from Mr. Suspension, making braking and acceleration into and out of turns nearly effortless compared to before the update. Even down the incline of the Matterhorn Rotenboden, the AW11 behaved and did not spin out or greatly oversteer as I approached the sharp left turn. The first corners on the prior mentioned circuit is also easy to tackle now, with again no great oversteering tendencies!

I also received a new transmission tune from r34love which also increased the pace and efficiency of the gears during corners of the AW11 by a great amount! Corners where I would be shifting gears in before or after the apex to maintain the power are now resolved to only one gear. 6th gear, now a tall gear used for straights, is also capable of going over 300 km/h (180 mph)!

After both of these updates lap times at Matterhorn Rotenboden have improved:

Shako AW11: 1:49.8 on Sports Hard Tires (Before updated tune)
Shako AW11: 1:47.7 on Sports Hard Tires (After updated tune)

That's a massive difference, and that's not all! I entered the AW11 in the 600 PP Seasonal Event at Mount Panorama (For laughs) on Sports Soft Tires and here are the results! Not bad for a 489 PP car, eh? ;)View attachment 185677 View attachment 185678 View attachment 185679View attachment 185681
Well, that wraps up this review, I hope you give Mr. Suspension and his shop a try!

Once again GREAT REVIEW!

Now your making me want my vacation to speed up so I can get home do some driving with you guys.

Back