GBRC Carrera Cup 2019

• Thread starter Fido996
  • 108 comments
United Kingdom
Mallory
GBRC-Fido996
20191016184205 by Steve Noble, on Flickr

Welcome to the first GBRC Carrera Cup.

The Porsche 911 is instantly recognisable on track throughout the world, every country where theres racing has it's own Carrera Cup. There's even the international Super Cup that are the support races for various F1 events.

So, here's our version.

Car: Porsche 911 GT3 '09
Livery: Free to design your own but Type 3 door board must be used please. ( Found in the livery editor )

Specs

415 bhp
1325kg
RM tyres
Tuning allowed
ABS only
Tyre wear x1
Fuel usage x3
Heavy damage
Grid start with false start check

Race Format

15 mins qualifying starting @8pm U.K. Each race reverse grid thereafter.
Race 1 10 minutes
Race 2 20 minutes
Race 3 30 minutes

Circuits & dates

Nov 3rd Suzuka
Nov 10th Sardegna Road Track A
Nov 17th Monza
Nov 24th Spa Franco-Champs

Final round amended.:cheers:

Final Standings::

1: Zolon32 153
2: GBRC-Scenga77744 147
3: Trevonick 144
4: GBRC-Fido-996 143
5 efc125 117
6: GBRC-Cokebloke102
7: GBRC_Robant111 101
7: Meridian 101
9: Zebaldus 100
10: GBRC-Lunchbox 80
10: Roman GT23 80
12: A13DarBray1TS 74
13: Huskybloke 65
13: AlexMart55 65
15: GBRC-Aldy13 51
16: jjKingKongjj 48
17: II-Nova-II 26
18: Drummmer1979 17
19: RappyThePro 7

Last edited:
Hey man I would like to join, but you have to tell me the times. You have to do that, also because no one else will join if you don't.

Confirmed entries:

GBRC-Fido-996
Trevonick
GBRC_Robant111
RappyThePro
Lunchbox147
Drummer79
GBRC Cokebloke
jjKingKongjj
EFC125
GBRC-Scenga77744
Maridian
Zebaldus
HuskyBloke
GBRC-Aldy13
A13DarBray1TS
Zolon32
Roman_GT23 (wildcard)

Last edited:
Grid is now full. Thank you gentlemen!

If you'd still like to take part we can add your name but it will be a standby entry. I know there'll be a free place for the first race, after that I'm not sure.

Steve, just a thought. It is now possible to see what tyres people use after pit stops in the replays of the FIA races. If that is also the case in lobby replays, that might open up the possibility of the use of quicker tyre wear along with a change tyre type regulation, to bring in a bit of variation to the longest race... In case you fancied that...

Cheers, Zo.

Steve, just a thought. It is now possible to see what tyres people use after pit stops in the replays of the FIA races. If that is also the case in lobby replays, that might open up the possibility of the use of quicker tyre wear along with a change tyre type regulation, to bring in a bit of variation to the longest race... In case you fancied that...

Cheers, Zo.

I did think about it, but with the preconceptions that come with this car I thought I'd keep it on sticky tyres. Being a fairly high powered road car with no adjustable downforce I thought it would make for closer racing. Fingers crossed anyway.:nervous:

It's also partly why we'll be running x3 fuel. You don't need to stop if you can make it last for the race, but you'll be slower on track. We've had a couple of close ones like that with the leader ( who didn't stop ) winning by less than a second. I know fuel saving is still not quite sorted yet and is still open to abuse but we have a decent bunch of guys that prefer the spirit of the race.

Glad to see more of these series. The '16 911 GT3 RS, tuned makes a perfect Cup Car. Having alot of good racing in my series with it. Good luck with yours:cheers:

Cheers fella, thanks for the encouragement. Have a look in if the time difference works for you.:cheers:

8286627723685659648_0.jpg

Hello Drivers,
With permission of your series organizer, Fido996, I wanted to invite you to take a look and possibly join us for a Single Race Special Event next Friday, November 1st at 9pm est for our Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Endurance Race at LeMans. This is a side race from our regularly scheduled season, and is open for anyone to race with us and try it out. I know it is late for many of you on that side of the world, but figured there might be a night owl or two in the group. The link is shown below for details.
SNAIL- Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge, Special Event at LeMans: All are welcome to sign up, See Details Here.

Hope this might interest some of you.:cheers:

View attachment 860305
Hello Drivers,
With permission of your series organizer, Fido996, I wanted to invite you to take a look and possibly join us for a Single Race Special Event next Friday, November 1st at 9pm est for our Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Endurance Race at LeMans. This is a side race from our regularly scheduled season, and is open for anyone to race with us and try it out. I know it is late for many of you on that side of the world, but figured there might be a night owl or two in the group. The link is shown below for details.
SNAIL- Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge, Special Event at LeMans: All are welcome to sign up, See Details Here.

I would like to join, but I can't.

View attachment 860305
Hello Drivers,

@llNovall I would like to join the race this Friday night if there is still room. I'll reply to the thread as well. Time for GBRC to branch out! :gtpflag:

Also. I remembered Saturday night I will be at a party and I will most likely be not in shape to race on Sunday..........I'm a wildcard anyways lol but this is a FYI if I'm not online.

@Fido996
If you have room on the roster, I will be available to fill in as a Wildcard/Reserve, if needed to fill the grid this upcoming Sunday at Suzuka. Let me know.

@Fido996
If you have room on the roster, I will be available to fill in as a Wildcard/Reserve, if needed to fill the grid this upcoming Sunday at Suzuka. Let me know.
Hi Nova, I think RappyThePro is absent for the first event so you're more than welcome to join us Sunday.

As the grid is almost full could we all be in the lobby no later than 19.50 please, just so I can get the numbers sorted.

Cheers gents :cheers:

Hi Nova, I think RappyThePro is absent for the first event so you're more than welcome to join us Sunday.

As the grid is almost full could we all be in the lobby no later than 19.50 please, just so I can get the numbers sorted.

Cheers gents :cheers:
I'm not sure, but I should be free. How much do races last? I have another championship at 9 p.m. UK.

If you have someone who would like to take my spot, I will relinquish it, I am not particularly good at this game. I still race with the DS4!
A couple of our regulars race using the DS4, they may be able to help you get the best out of it. You're most welcome to join us, regardless of ability. It's a helpful bunch here.:cheers:👍

Four hours to go before we start and we have 15 firm and 1 wildcard. Please just bear in mind that we're running heavy damage so contact could result in a slower car but not just for you. I'm sure all will be well come the races, so I'll see you all later for 3 competitive and enjoyable races.:cheers:

Four hours to go before we start and we have 15 firm and 1 wildcard. Please just bear in mind that we're running heavy damage so contact could result in a slower car but not just for you. I'm sure all will be well come the races, so I'll see you all later for 3 competitive and enjoyable races.:cheers:
Wait, don't we race at 8 p.m. BST?

Back