GBRC Carrera Cup 2019

• Thread starter Fido996
  • 108 comments
So here we are on the eve of the final round of this series.

Just a quick note to remind everyone to be aware of exceeding track limits. Constant abuse of these or any distinct advantage gained may well incur penalties. With the series being so close for the top three it could make all the difference between being series champion or not.

That said, I'm sure all will be fine as we have a great group of like minded guys on the grid who enjoy their racing.

Cheers gents and see you all Sunday.:cheers:👍

be aware of exceeding track limits
I'd better make myself familiar with this concept...

Is this okay?

limits.jpg

(Apart, that is, from the fact that I'm shaving off the top of the orange sausage.)

Cheers, Zo.

That is within track limits as 2 wheels are still in contact with the curb. The red & white/ green area is classed as curbing and the orange area off track.

A huge congratulations to Zolon32 who is the GBRC Carrera Cup Champion 2019!

Some superb consistent driving earned him top spot ahead of GBRC Scenga77744 who fought tooth and nail throughout and Trevonick who was leader for much of this series.

I would personally like to thank you all for turning up each week and filling the grid. It was certainly great to see (and hear) all those cars charging around the track.

See you all for King of The Ring.

A huge congratulations to Zolon32 who is the GBRC Carrera Cup Champion 2019!
Congratulations to Zolan

Thanks very much gents.

I'm tearful as I type this. But then again, I'm also standing on a brightly lit stage, clutching an imaginary trophy, as I look out across a vast hall filled with sumptuously decorated tables, at which sit immaculately dressed guests who I hired from an extras agency. This bloody event has cost me a fortune!

However, it is all worth it to pay tribute to such a superb series of racing, played out in fantastic spirit by all who took part. Steve pulled together a great combination of car, tracks and regulations, and I'm really, really pleased to find the GBRC as strong and lively as this, after all these years. It's a tremendous credit to everyone who works so hard off track to make the on track entertainment truly top drawer.

Those who have noticed the odometer on my car will realise that I have had little to do in life for the past four weeks, other than to jump in the Porker at every available moment and thrash it around Suzuka, Sardegna, Monza and Spa. So, in terms of points gained for every mile of practice, I'm pretty certain that I've come stone last. But it didn't come as any hardship, I've loved every minute of it.

Thanks in particular to Trevor and Carl, for making me push the practice so hard, and to Roman for showing me that no matter how much practice I do he'd still have given me more realistic expectations if he'd been able to make it to all the meetings.

Finally, an apology to Lunch. I carried out an overtake at the end of the first long straight at Spa. Even from my perspective it bordered on optimistic, but seeing it from his point of view in the replay, it was a fully certified lunge. I'm sorry...

I can't wait to see what is next on the menu.

Hey Gentlemen,
I see the series has come to a close...Congrats to @Zolon32 on the Championship win:cheers:

Also, I just wanted to give a shout out to anyone who might have Assetto Corsa on PS4; I'm trying to get a series off the ground. Take a look and see if it might be of interest to any of you.
(PS4)- AC Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge *Interest Check/Sign ups* for Fridays, 1pm est
Hope to maybe see some of you, and if not, I'll be keeping my eye out for the next Carrera Cup.

Thanks very much gents.

I'm tearful as I type this. But then again, I'm also standing on a brightly lit stage, clutching an imaginary trophy, as I look out across a vast hall filled with sumptuously decorated tables, at which sit immaculately dressed guests who I hired from an extras agency. This bloody event has cost me a fortune!

However, it is all worth it to pay tribute to such a superb series of racing, played out in fantastic spirit by all who took part. Steve pulled together a great combination of car, tracks and regulations, and I'm really, really pleased to find the GBRC as strong and lively as this, after all these years. It's a tremendous credit to everyone who works so hard off track to make the on track entertainment truly top drawer.

Those who have noticed the odometer on my car will realise that I have had little to do in life for the past four weeks, other than to jump in the Porker at every available moment and thrash it around Suzuka, Sardegna, Monza and Spa. So, in terms of points gained for every mile of practice, I'm pretty certain that I've come stone last. But it didn't come as any hardship, I've loved every minute of it.

Thanks in particular to Trevor and Carl, for making me push the practice so hard, and to Roman for showing me that no matter how much practice I do he'd still have given me more realistic expectations if he'd been able to make it to all the meetings.

Finally, an apology to Lunch. I carried out an overtake at the end of the first long straight at Spa. Even from my perspective it bordered on optimistic, but seeing it from his point of view in the replay, it was a fully certified lunge. I'm sorry...

I can't wait to see what is next on the menu.

I'm glad you won mate...my acceptance speech would have been **** :)

I'm sorry chaps, but I'm useless at recognising who I'm speaking to by voice, so, for those who expressed an interest, Zolon32 (the 97,000 word version) will be up for grabs as a freeby for five days from 28th November.

And if you do indulge, I hope you enjoy it.

Cheers, Zo.

Latest Posts

Back