GBRC Carrera Cup 2019

• Thread starter Fido996
  • 108 comments
Great series and event @Fido996. Thanks again for having me on the grid. Was a bit unlucky and got tied up in some traffic/tight space incidents in the 1st and 3rd race, but was glad to at least have the pace to have an epic dogfight of a race with efc125. Great race with ya:cheers:. Congrats to today's winner, and hope I might catch another with you gentlemen.

Apologies first of all for the mess I made at the start. Should have it all sorted for next week.

Got off to a bad start in the first race (wrong gear !?!? )so spent the entire race chasing Zolon and Carl. I eventually slid past Zolon but Carl was too far in front by then to do anything about.

Race 2 was going well after starting from the back row. Got myself up to 5th and was managing the fuel well. Thought I had enough to get to the end as I crossed the line with 3 minutes to spare but I was showing 2.5 laps worth of fuel. Then I had a coming together with Nigel. Trev had passed him on Nigel’s right hand side just after the final chicane, so I went with him as I got good drive out. Just as I got there Nigel tried to make for the pits, the closing speed was too much to avoid contact and he went past the entrance. I ended up between the barriers of pit entrance at a 90 degree angle. Sorry for that Nigel, I should’ve gone for the other side leaving you clear to to go in. I saw the replay this morning and saw the amount of damage I’d caused, so if you feel a penalty is needed I’ll get it looked at with some independent eyes.

For the last part of the race I was chasing Rob. Final time at the chicane Tomos was out of control, Rob took avoiding action which gave me the chance to get onto his bumper coming out of the chicane. It was then a drag race to the line. It was a close finish. Only 0.018 in it.

Final race got off to a scrappy start. Lots of early braking and bumping meant I ended up with front and rear damage causing a few handling problems. Then was nudged wide a couple of laps in and ended up spinning. I carried on until half distance where the damage was repaired but I put too much fuel in and lost even more time. How I ended up 4th I’ll never know.

So, an eventful first round. The grid starts make for a very busy first corner, so next week could be fun. The second race seems completely open to different strategies and the third is all about getting the fuel level right.

Thanks to everyone that raced last night and thanks for the support and constructive comments.

See you all next week.

Here we go with the runners and riders in current Championship order.

Zolon32
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20191104195503.jpg

Trevonick
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20191106063523.jpg

GBRC-Fido-996
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20191104195554.jpg

GBRC-Scenga77744
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20191104195408.jpg

A13DarBray1TS
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20191104195649.jpg

efc125
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20191104195943.jpg

GBRC_Robant111
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20191106063802.jpg

Hello Gents, I was told that some of you race with DS4 controllers, and was wondering....Do you use the left stick, or motion control for steering? Thanks for your time.

Hello Gents, I was told that some of you race with DS4 controllers, and was wondering....Do you use the left stick, or motion control for steering? Thanks for your time.
I always used the left stick. I have a wheel now, but i'm faster with a DS4 . If you're slow, it isn't because of the DS4.

I always used the left stick. I have a wheel now, but i'm faster with a DS4 . If you're slow, it isn't because of the DS4.

Tell you what, SPARKY!!! I asked a simple question, just to try and find a way to be smoother, control tire wear, and just help create better lap times!!! What I DIDNT ask, was YOUR opinion about what is, or what isn't the reason why I AM slow! So heed your own advice, and think twice, before you say anything that might come across the wrong way!

My apologizes @Fido996, and the rest of the Gentlemen of the Carrera Cup 2019.

Drummer i use a ds4 left stick steering right stick throttle and brake, the R1 and L1 buttons i use for gears hope this helps.

Tell you what, SPARKY!!! I asked a simple question, just to try and find a way to be smoother, control tire wear, and just help create better lap times!!! What I DIDNT ask, was YOUR opinion about what is, or what isn't the reason why I AM slow! So heed your own advice, and think twice, before you say anything that might come across the wrong way!

My apologizes @Fido996, and the rest of the Gentlemen of the Carrera Cup 2019.
No need to be angry, wasn't saying you are slow. I just thought you were thinking that the DS4 was making you slow. Sorry if I offended you, didn't expect you to be so angry. :nervous:

I must admit, i find it really difficult going back to a DS4 these days. All I can suggest is finding a set up that gives you control and drive using the guide line. You'll soon start to become smoother and thereby gain pace. Oh, and you'll soon realise that all the brake markers away out.
With this car it's hugely important to be smooth and keep everything in line, late braking especially will lose you a lot of time.

Out of interest, do you drive manually or is it auto change for the gears?

I must admit, i find it really difficult going back to a DS4 these days. All I can suggest is finding a set up that gives you control and drive using the guide line. You'll soon start to become smoother and thereby gain pace. Oh, and you'll soon realise that all the brake markers away out.
With this car it's hugely important to be smooth and keep everything in line, late braking especially will lose you a lot of time.

Out of interest, do you drive manually or is it auto change for the gears?

Manual shifting, and yes, braking on a ds4 is the biggest issue I am having. so easy to over brake, brake late.:confused:

Manual shifting, and yes, braking on a ds4 is the biggest issue I am having. so easy to over brake, brake late.:confused:
Braking is very difficult also with steering wheel, about changing gears, though, it's very difficult.
P.S. I don't know if you saw my excuses reply :ill:

With RappyThePro joining us for Sundays race it means we now have a full grid.

Apologies to those that wanted to be on the grid this week. If you're still interested and would like to be on stand by please let me know through this thread. Likewise, if anyone can't make it then let me know asap so that someone else can get some track time.

Thank you gents and see you Sunday. :cheers:

With permission of @Fido996 I would like to promote an Assetto Corsa championship.
911rsr-png.863899

THIS WILL BE A PS4 ONLY SERIES.
THE SERIES WILL RUN SATURDAYS MORNINGS AT 10AM EST (3PM GMT), RACING WILL BEGIN 1 HOUR LATER SHARP. ALL DRIVERS ARE WELCOME WHO ARE LOOKING FOR CLEAN COMPETITIVE RACING!
CARS AVAILABLE:

PORSCHE 911 RSR 2017
FERRARI 458 GT2
CORVETTE C7R
BMW M3 GT2

RACE DAY

10:00 AM EST - ROOM OPENS (PRACTICE)
10:40 AM EST - QUALIFYING STARTS (20 MINUTES)
11:00 AM EST - Race starts
The link is this one: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...aguna-seca-11-16-19-9-spots-available.390605/

As this series seems to be getting over subscribed, and after some discussions with fellow racers, we've decided to go for 2 lobbies for Sunday if we can get 20+ drivers nailed on and committed for the event. 10+ per room feels a reasonable amount but I won't go any less as the drivers may face the possibility of becoming far too strung out due to the lack of cars on track. So if you know someone who'd fancy a go at this then get them to sign up here asap.

If we can't get the numbers needed then we'll run 1 lobby with the drivers that participated in the previous event given priority. So, if everyone who raced last week could be in the main lobby by 7.45pm at the latest then it'll give me time to get things sorted.

Cheers gents. :cheers:

As this series seems to be getting over subscribed, and after some discussions with fellow racers, we've decided to go for 2 lobbies for Sunday if we can get 20+ drivers nailed on and committed for the event. 10+ per room feels a reasonable amount but I won't go any less as the drivers may face the possibility of becoming far too strung out due to the lack of cars on track. So if you know someone who'd fancy a go at this then get them to sign up here asap.

If we can't get the numbers needed then we'll run 1 lobby with the drivers that participated in the previous event given priority. So, if everyone who raced last week could be in the main lobby by 7.45pm at the latest then it'll give me time to get things sorted.

So, that mean i can join tomorrow? Who do i need to add on PSN in order to join? Well who’s gonna host that 2nd lobby?

Not a bad idea. I can host the second lobby if you care, I'm 100% to race every night.

Just a heads up gents, I'll post up the starters for tonights race 1hr before we start.

Anyone that can't make it or is doubtful please let me know asap please so we can offer a place to someone else for the races.

Thanks for your understanding.👍

For next weeks race there'll be a cut off of Friday @9pm GMT, anyone not signed up before this time will forfeit their place on the grid. Entrants from previous rounds will have priority and then, if places are available, I will be in contact with any wildcard entries on the Saturday. I apologise for doing it this way, just trying to keep things fair and a full grid.

Last edited:
Back