Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition has been officially confirmed. The expanded edition of Super Street Fighter IV is in development for the PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360, and will be available in two versions. On June 7, it will be released as a downloadable upgrade for existing Xbox 360 and PS3 Super Street Fighter IV owners for 1200 Microsoft points or $14.99. A full console retail product will ship on June 24 in Europe and June 28 in North America, with the PC edition to follow in July. Capcom anticipates the title will get a T for Teen rating from the Entertainment Software Ratings board.
The Arcade Edition of Super Street Fighter IV adds four new characters to its roster of 39 fighters. In addition to Street Fighter III veterans Yun and Yang, the game sees a demonic pair joining the roster in the form of Evil Ryu and an even eviler version of Akuma called Oni. Returning fighters include Ryu, Chun-li, Juri, El Fuerte, and Rufus. All characters will be unlocked at the game's start.
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition will also sport several technical tweaks. Capcom said the game will sport all-new character balancing, "further refining gameplay." It will also feature an updated replay channel that will let players follow up to five individual player replays, making it easier to track down individual players. The My Channel Advanced option will let players send out their replay data to 50 friends. Finally, the Arcade edition will sport an Elite Channel which well let players watch replays from players who boast a rating of 3000PP or more.
King confirmed!!!!!!At first glance, SFxT is extremely reminiscent of Street Fighter IV; the character models and animations look quite similar to their SFIV counterparts, so you’d be forgiven for confusing the two while passing by. But the moment you choose a team of fighters and dive in, it’s immediately apparent this is a smart blend of two completely different play styles, one that takes pieces of both and creates something totally new.
..can touch very skillfully
AOS-in what way does she mean?
MVC3 patchYes, the rumors are true: we did patch MvC3 today. We've fixed UI bugs and tweaked minor details of the gameplay to improve the experience. Here are the details of what was updated.
- Fixed bug where a cross counter and X-factor activation would cause Ryu to float if using the β or γ assists.
- Fixed bug involving snapping out Zero during the activation of his Shadow Clone, which was disabling control of that player's characters.
- Fixed bug involving the hit stun for Captain America's Shield Slash against Ryu, Amaterasu, and Hulk, which was allowing an unintended combo.
- Fixed bug for displaying more than 128 victories in a game lobby.
- Fixed bug involving Haggar blocking an attack in the air, immediately after using the Hoodlum Launcher.
- Fixed bug for displaying consecutive victories over 99 in Player Match.
- Fixed bug that allowed an infinite combo by Amaterasu against Taskmaster (Standing), Amaterasu(Standing or Ducking), Zero (Standing), and Shuma-Gorath (Ducking). Bug fix involved Amaterasu's Solar Flare attack (x5) and Power Slash combo.
- Fixed bug where Spencer's Bionic Maneuvers would cause Viewtiful Joe and Arthur to be stuck in the ground, when used as part of a combo with Haggar's Rapid Fire Fist.
- Fixed bug where Specner's Bionic Maneuvers would cause the damage to display incorrectly, when used in a combo with Haggar's Steel Pipe and Rapid Fire Fist.
A few details about the console version of Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition emerged during Team Sp00ky's stream at the 2nd Annual Spring Fighter Tournament. Capcom's Seth Killian dished some basic information about the game, here's a run down.
• The console release of SSF4 Arcade Edition will be a perfect port of the version currently in arcades. Do not anticipate any balance changes in AE.
• SSF4 users who don't upgrade to AE can't play against the new characters, but they get the increased search functionality of the replay system. They can also watch Arcade Edition matches.
• It's not setup like Anniversary Edition where you could pick different versions of characters from the games. When you start the title up, you can choose to either play SSF4 or AE.
• You do not get the balance updates for your characters if you don't upgrade. The developers wanted to leave SSF4 alone for people who still wanted to play that iteration of Street Fighter, also they weren't sure how the old characters would stack up against the new fighters, Yang, Yun, Evil Ryu and Oni, without the balance changes they received in the new title.
Tekken series Producer Katsuhiro Harada might be really serious about the Soul Calibur 5 petition he asked for a little while back. Just a little while ago, via his twitter account, Harada revealed that he brought the existence of the petition to the attention of Yotoriyama and the rest of his team. He seems cautiously optimistic, noting that nothing has been put into motion just yet.
"This is merely an update. I told my team today about the SC5 petition. Don't jump the gun, nothing's happening yet"