General Fighting Games Thread

• Thread starter Laughss
  • 3,264 comments
Looks funny now wait till there is an actual tier list and combos. Melty Blood is awesome to play đź‘Ť

I'll mop the floor with you with Multi. I love doing the Flaming Mop in TvC via Roll: db.ABC, f+C (mash C) charge b, Baroque, f+C (mash C) charge b, f+ABC...
Ehhhh! Eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh Baroque! Ehhhh! eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh Flaming Mop Super!

More Characters will coming soon
:lol:

New Team WIP via MvC3

Trish/Hsien Ko/Chun Li

I can play rush down or a keepaway game with Trish until I gain 2 meters.
I set it up in that order so that I can Round Harvest DHC Super Armor, and with Sparda holding the opponent down, I raw tag with Chun Li.

now the team is as follows: Chun Li/ Trish/ Hsien Ko.
With Chun on point, I can rush down, with the help of Hsien Ko already in Armored up. Not sure if I should use low voltage or hopscotch assist with Trish.
If Chun dies, I can continue my rush down with Trish.

and if She dies, then I'm pretty screwed. :lol: I don't know how to rush down with Hsien Ko with her poor mobility. Maybe I should swap her with someone else.

Aside from that, I'm still running Wolvie/Akuma/Wesker but once I'm left with wesker, I don't know what to do to get in without being too obvious.

Last edited:
Been a huge fighting game fan ever since I saw a Street Fighter 2 arcade machine at a pizza joint when I was a kid. This will date me but...it was a new game!

Really liked SF3 Third Strike, been a huge Tekken fan ever since Tekken 3, and I really liked MVC2 with one exception - I wasn't very good at it! I own it on my PS3 but when I play online I get hammered pretty bad. Seems like it moves really fast and I get spammed a lot.

Was really interested in MVC3 (looks great) but I'm worried that I'll run into the "Madden" problem i.e. if you weren't good at the original, you probably won't be too hot on the new one.

How easy is the new MVC3 to learn? Is it all about uber-fast reaction or is there a decent learning curve?

The trend of fighting games now is that it is almost entirely easier than previous generations... Marvel 3 is significantly slower than 2, and the learning curve is pretty small to start you off... but lots of newbies can easily look good with random stuff lol

I'm not good at fighting games, I do enjoy doing lengthy combos, which is what I've been into in FGs. Killer Instinct was good for that reason, and now it's MvC

Last edited:
Mike's always rethinking his wins: "We can actually win now!- Wait... did he use wesker on his team??" :lol: Dante's mix up game isn't tricky, it's just quick. Teleports are too easy, and if they can't cancel the air special into the OTG guns on block, man it's free punish, except gootecks never punishes them.

I was practicing last night pretty intensively with Trish...

I can finally do that air M xx Dive Kick > L M H S...!
However I did something even cooler: Do your ground combo, launch > air M xx Dive Kick xx hopscotch > air L, air M xx double jump air M, air M, air H xx L Air Low Voltage xx Air Max Voltage... :sly:

Trying to work on this Trish/Chun Li/ Viper team....

Last edited:
My TV's bulb blew out..so I can't play.

================
SDTekken has provided a few interesting bullet points from an interview Tekken producer Katsuhiro Harada did at a recent Tekken Tag Tournament 2 show in Taiwan. A few are listed below, so head over to SDTekken to read them all.

• TTT2′s Character roster is still pegged at 44 (biggest roster yet in Tekken).

• The game is about 70-75% complete, but development was delayed due to the recent earthquake.

• Harada reveals that the game may have an Autumn 2011 (October) release for areas outside Japan.

• Harada still won’t speak about a console version since the arcade game isn’t out yet, but a home translation is something to look forward to afterwards.

• Progress on SF x Tekken is (to Harada’s estimation) 50%, while Tekken X SF is at 0%(!) since the Tekken devs are concentrating on TTT2.

Last edited:
I just don't like how there isn't all too many options for Ryu to get in with, it's mainly going to be air tatsus.

I also don't like how Ryu requires a lot of meter.

Last edited:
:lol: justin getting a yellow card.
sc_handychart.jpg

Soul Calibur director Daishi Odashima posted a photo on his Twitter that shows "strict regulations" for governing the chest sizes of femme fatales in the game.

Last edited:
Soul Calibur V officially announced. A trailer is currently being shown at the Level Up conference in Dubai.đź‘Ť

Off-screen teaser trailer

Last edited:
I wasn't a big fan after II..:lol: my fanism died once everything went gothic and added Starwars.

More about SCIV
Soul Calibur 5 Announced - 2012 - More At E3

-The battle system comes improved, new features added

-Main character is called Patroclus

-Trailer was shown @ Level Up

-Coming 2012

-A true SC sequel, set 17 years later in the timeline

-More coming @ E3

Last edited:
Lets hope because SCII is fun because you don't have to worry about combos but actually when to attack.
Namco Bandai has lifted the lid on Soulcalibur V at its press event in Dubai this morning.

The game, set 17 years after Soulcalibur IV, features guest characters, Project Soul producer Hisaharu Tago told Christian Donlan for Eurogamer.

The main character is Patroklos, son of Sophitia. Patroklos is "inspired" by the gameplay of Sophitia, but is "sharper" and "more agile". He has new moves, but they're all inspired by Sophitia's.

V takes the Siegried ending of IV and builds upon it. Seigfried, now 39 years old, no longer wields the Soul Calibur sword.

V is described as a "generational shift", complete with new characters, but SCIV characters will return. "SC 1-4 was a continuous story," Tago said. "We want to make a generational shift with a new story this time."

The Soulcalibur series is famous for the inclusion of characters from other universes, such as Link from The Legend of Zelda and Yoda from Star Wars. Will other non-Soulcalibur characters feature?

"Difficult question," Tago said. "We will have guest characters as we did with Star Wars. Please stay tuned for more information on that."

V marks a shift from two-handed swords to short swords, Tago announced. The story includes "the enigma as to why the swords have become short swords".

The game's new fighting style is described as "lighter, sharper, and more elegant". The online mode has been improved with new features. "Gameplay in IV could be a little heavy, particularly when you were online – we wanted gameplay that was more fast and reactive," Tago said.

On the shift in gameplay: "Maybe the hardcore fans will be afraid that we lose the core of the gameplay, but that's not the case. And for new players it's nice to have gameplay that is more continuous – you don't need to wait as much between moves.

"There is quite some change in the gameplay from SCIV. The pace of the game has been improved, and the combos will be easier to perform, and the moves will be easier to pull out."

Elsewhere, Tago confirmed the create a character feature from previous games in the series returns, but refused to divulge details.

Namco Bandai is yet to show actual gameplay, but promised more information at E3 next month.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-05-11-first-soulcalibur-v-details

According to a financial report (.pdf) Capcom put out, Street Fighter X Tekken will be released before the 2011 fiscal year ends, which is March 31, 2012.

The game is expected to sell 2 million copies, which was the same number of units Marvel vs. Capcom 3 ended up moving.

The other item of note is that Capcom plans to "Increase the number of home video games with DLC," and they will, "Provide downloadable content for all major titles for home video consoles." Street Fighter X Tekken should definitely fall into the category of a major title, so users can expect DLC in the future, after it is released.

Tip from Yasir.

Last edited:
First impressions:
By looking at the real gameplay footage:
Hado players:
You can hold the Hadokens, possible chance of Denji Hadoken for both Ken and Ryu?
King:
Seems like a Abel like character with some of Zangief's throws
the U,F HK is a launcher to his Instant Shining Wizard or popular juggles.
Chun:
Watered down MVC3 rushdown player?
Air tag ins?
Certain moves can be a signal for a tag super?
Though this is a really Tekken's fast paced gameplay with Street Fighter basics. Awesome!
Reason to quit MVC3

Last edited:
That's not enough for me to quit Marvel... Marn does that Magneto loop all the time, DHC Tricks with Zero and begins a loop with him. He always kills the first character like this.

and yes Chun's a watered down rushdown in Marvel...

Last edited:
I am so buying tekken tag 2, Heihachis looking sick younger as he was in tekken 1. But I want Jin the most.

Placed an order on Akihabarashop.jp and the order shipped on the 23rd of April. Still not here til this day...

Placed an order at focusattack.com this morning, and they emailed me saying they shipped it already (and it includes a tracking number)....

Latest Posts

Back