General Fighting Games Thread

• Thread starter Laughss
  • 3,264 comments

Laughss

Premium
United States
San Diego, Ca.
Laughss
N4ke and I thought it would be a great idea to have a general fighting game thread created for those who are interested. Show your love for fighting games for any console. Please also don't start any console fan boy flame wars. :cheers:

Oh they will start. Lol LETS GOOOOO! It was actually's AOS and your and my idea. Oddly, it may just be me and AOS posting here.

Want to get the new Mortal Kombat game just because of the trailer with Kratos owning everybody with all of his GOW 3 weapons.

I never played MK all that much, but come on, if you're going to eat 4 blades through the abdomen, how can you still stand? Whatever, it's just a game.

I can see the MVC thread being laid to rest now :P Time to sub to this thread, and get credit for this :mad:

By the way Omnis, it was 12 games to nil, not 11 :sly: If I play Marvel tonight with my friend I'm recording it...his lack of defence kills me all the time. However, last night's 30 min session came to a score of 5-4 in my favour :cheers:

eventually it'll just be nk4e and I...like our private chatroom almost :lol:

To start us off:

Super Street Fighter IV - Marvel vs. Capcom 3​

Last edited:
You're using a stick too. And I would've had you with dark Phoenix but I didn't know how to x factor. Lucky punk. You won't be so lucky when I practice up. I'm still so used to mvc2 it's hard to break habits. Is there a configuration that mimics the old game?

So what if I'm using a stick? I'll get around phoenix one day... j. TK Shot > Teleport gets pretty stale after a while... According to what I read closest you can get is:

L M A1
S H A2

that's just how most marvel 2 players go about it.

No I mean for the DS3 config. I never hit the right shoulder buttons lol. I'm so used to both assists on one side. Also, the old controllers were R2 and L2 buttons instead of triggers. It made it SO much better.

Configure it how ever way you like then. I personally can't stand playing crossovers on wing controllers

Does your school havea fabrication shop or something? you can easily build a simple case and then make your own joystick controller.

Street Fighter 2 Champions Edition and Virtua Fighter 2
Awesome! though very hard to play T-T
Want to get the new Mortal Kombat game just because of the trailer with Kratos owning everybody with all of his GOW 3 weapons.

Sadly, XBL owners won't get a secret character.

Horrible match.

Last edited:
Impatient players be playing impatient. That juri outcamped completely, played against reaction and all. I take it you didn't know the Juri matchup at the time?

Yeah, though I played other juri's before though in theory, Rog has the advantage. I just rushed in it.

he/she wasn't zoning you all that much, i think you should have just hanged back instead of randomly dash punching..

Random Headbutts didn't help at all either...Naruto is such S-Rank.

First match^
Second:

I would have waited for the obvious chip attack from that first round and ultra'd her for it. Was this yellow bars? I wonder don't you finish your blockstring with dash straight, they're safe on block.

Before with the rush upper, I was aiming to do his Ex rush upper loop > Headbutt> Ultra at times to build up stun. The yellow bar is a pee bar :lol:

osted by Nyoronoru on April 7, 2011 at 7:57 a.m.
Updated: Capcom has put a copyright claim on the video and it has been pulled off of YouTube. Details on what's available with this new DLC release have been added into this story.

Earlier today, a new trailer officially announcing the upcoming DLC for the console version of Super Street Fighter 4 was posted by ConsoleTech.NET. Inside the trailer they show off brand new features with the replay channel and online play, while confirming Yang, Yun, Evil Ryu and Oni will be making their way to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

The video is no longer available, but here's a run down of what was announced in it.

• This will be a DLC (Downloadable Content) release, a disc release was not mentioned.

• The console version will receive a "Supercharged online upgrade."

• The Replay Channel has been enhanced. My Channel now enables you to send your favorite replay data to other players.

• The Elite Channel will let people view plays of players with a PP total of 3,000 or more.

• A Replay Follower will be available, allowing you to track well known players. You can find them via a search.

• Support for additional alternative costumes.

• Character balancing tweaks from the Arcade Edition release.

• The titles you pick are now shown in game, along with BP (Battle Points) and PP (Player Points).

• Versus Battles against regular SSFIV players will also be supported, Capcom states "Get out there and duke it out with the version you like best!"

Tip sent in by Brillz.
From Event hubs. Oh, Skullgirls is on GGPO or using it <3

I've been hearing skullgirls all day, what is it?

and what's this "Support for additional alternative costumes"?

Now to think that actual picture applys :lol: I have been playing Tekken since it first came out.

Tekken3 was my first fighter, but I never played against any one so I always beat the CPUs up. Killer Instinct and Super Street Fighter 2 New Challengers actually came before, but no command list (or manual) = don't know how to play. Fast Forward over a decade, I find GameFAQs and a command list for KI, bust out my DS and bam I can do fireballs and uppercuts!

Still find it amazing why QCF is so difficult for some people.

Before Vanilla, I had troubles with QCF +P for zangief...hell, Ryu's DP was hard for me. Back in Tekken 3, I started to learn the system that Tekken Zaibatsu uses. 1 = square, 2= triangle, 3= X ,4= O. So to do King's Instant Shining Wizard in T5 is UF+4,1,1xx QCF2+3 I think.
When I had my Chun-li avatar, it was cr.lk X2 > legs. Though now chun can do Cr.fP > Legs> Cr.FP > ex Legs.

Man, I love Evo moments. <3

Last edited:
Back