Genki Announces Shutokou Battle Xtreme, Coming to iOS and Android this Month

Or will it just be some random elevated highway with some Tokyo stuff and slapped with the name Shuto Expressway similar to the one seen in the Wangan Midnight crossover with Drift Spirits?

I can actually recognize the C1 layout and landmarks, but it is a bit cartoony.

The car list is already impressive, wonder what there'll be customisation wise?
Looks like genki aren't messing around though, I'm actually excited

My phone isn't supported. :( Been looking to upgrade anyways. On a lighter note, I love the Vellfire, just too funny, it looks like they're embracing more of the car scene in Japan then I thought.

I would probably start off with Alto Works or Copen. I wanted to start off with Honda Beat in TXR0, but progressing was already hard enough with AE86, so I'm not sure if it is even possible with the Beat.

I would probably start off with Alto Works or Copen. I wanted to start off with Honda Beat in TXR0, but progressing was already hard enough with AE86, so I'm not sure if it is even possible with the Beat.

One of the flaws of the TXR games was that many cars had no hope of being competitive and ended up being relatively useless. Hopefully things aren't so unbalanced in the new game.

You can probably do it with some luck and godly blocking skills. :lol:

One of the flaws of the TXR games was that many cars had no hope of being competitive and ended up being relatively useless. Hopefully things aren't so unbalanced in the new game.
Actually, it depended on how it was used. Cars that would be useless for the big straights would be better in the C1 area. I would hope that a Honda Beat with it's current engine wouldn't outrun a fully tuned GT-R.

That would be witchcraft if it happened.

I do recall buying the Beat after a while (wanted to make a Mugen version from GT2), but it was a big mistake. I don't remember winning anything, even on C1.

It is a shame TXR never allowed you to join gangs and socialize with those rivals who had specific cars. Hopefully this will appear in SBX.
Similar problem was with the way you unlocked new cars in dealership. Many good cars in TXR0 were unlocked after you had already cleared rivals against which they would have been actually useful.

I do recall buying the Beat after a while (wanted to make a Mugen version from GT2), but it was a big mistake. I don't remember winning anything, even on C1.

It is a shame TXR never allowed you to join gangs and socialize with those rivals who had specific cars. Hopefully this will appear in SBX.

Similar problem was with the way you unlocked new cars in dealership. Many good cars in TXR0 were unlocked after you had already cleared rivals against which they would have been actually useful.

To the bolded, that was in Street Supremacy, the PSP game, right? I remember at the beginning of that game you had to join a team, and that was the team you stuck with in your supremacy of C1. Was always a Rod of Justice man, myself :P

To the bolded, that was in Street Supremacy, the PSP game, right? I remember at the beginning of that game you had to join a team, and that was the team you stuck with in your supremacy of C1. Was always a Rod of Justice man, myself :P

Lol that was Road of Justice

Until you mentioned it, I wasn't aware of team joining in SS. Is there some in-depth system of working together for a team or it is just a formal thing to get a team badge?

Until you mentioned it, I wasn't aware of team joining in SS. Is there some in-depth system of working together for a team or it is just a formal thing to get a team badge?
It's more of just a formal thing to get a team badge, that is until you become the leader of the team.

Apparently TXR3 had tire wear built in to the game. I never knew that until I heard someone say that and started spinning out once I had put several miles on my car in one day. Though the latter could be because I'm rusty and suck at the game now....

Apparently TXR3 had tire wear built in to the game. I never knew that until I heard someone say that and started spinning out once I had put several miles on my car in one day. Though the latter could be because I'm rusty and suck at the game now....
Tyre wear is the main culprit. Even those who have played for a while might struggle once the tyres give up. In the rain, they're preserved, but you still lose grip.

I think all the TXR's had that same thing for years, it depends on your win combo at the moment and the heat of your car, which can happen in Shutoku Battle X (Xbox 360) and Shutoku Battle Zero One. I know it happens in Drift 2 and Drift 1 because your drifting and braking hard like in Initial D, but your brakes are your most important part in that game, while in the Shutoku Battle series it's just the power and weight balance that gives you an edge. I started off in TXR: Zero with a MR2, which was amazingly balanced stock B-Class car that can be upgraded quite godlike. Even in TXR3 where my MR2 did 215MP/H without boost and easily beat Jiniti for breakfast.

In the Drift series, it was made known where the tachometer was. In the Wangan series, you only realize it when you're on the verge of spinning out.

@JakeMR2, how? He's fast as it is, only dwarfed by J and the Three Dragons.

how? He's fast as it is, only dwarfed by J and the Three Dragons.
It might have been how I fully tuned the car in a New Game +, which my gears were made for the engine swap to use the power wisely. I think I had a F4 or F6 engine in the MR2 SW20.

I don't know why but I think there's some kind of speed cap in TXR3 where almost every car struggles to pick up speed once they reach 200mph no matter the gear ratio.

Brake fade was a good addition in TXRD2, though they exaggerated the speed of wear on stock cars a little bit. Still, the game persuaded you to keep more attention on brake tuning than in any other driving game, and that's how it should be.

By the way, did having a natural-aspirated car in TXR3 made any difference in how fast you would lose power?
It's more of just a formal thing to get a team badge, that is until you become the leader of the team.
What happens when you become leader of a team? Do you get some bonuses?

Brake fade was a good addition in TXRD2, though they exaggerated the speed of wear on stock cars a little bit. Still, the game persuaded you to keep more attention on brake tuning than in any other driving game, and that's how it should be.

By the way, did having a natural-aspirated car in TXR3 made any difference in how fast you would lose power?

What happens when you become leader of a team? Do you get some bonuses?

Not really, what you get to do as team leader is to recruit other drivers into your team, this includes Wanderers as well but they have special requirements for a successful recruitment. You can also challenge other team for their territory if they're not the dominant team in an area.

I don't know why but I think there's some kind of speed cap in TXR3 where almost every car struggles to pick up speed once they reach 200mph no matter the gear ratio.
There is a speed cap: 230 MPH.

I've played with a few cars. I can get to 200 MPH without the engine swap in some cars fully tuned.
Not to my knowledge.

There is a speed cap: 230 MPH.

I've played with a few cars. I can get to 200 MPH without the engine swap in some cars fully tuned.

Not to my knowledge.

I know about the speed cap of 230mph, but what I'm saying is that every car seems to stop accelerating after reaching 200mph no matter the gear ratio.

Back