Genki is considering the development for new Tokyo Xtreme Racer (Shutokou Battle)

• Thread starter MJ6feet6
  • 908 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
also, i think we should deserve more racing development rides like NISMO and TRD such as the skyline s-tune, the 350z z-tune, the nismo 400r r33 and the trd 3000gt supra and of course...the black WEST corvette needs to come back

I'm considering importing a us or ntscj ps2 now just to play the games I've missed out lol

I did import wangan midnight for ps3 and was extremely disappointed with it :( was hoping it was like the txr games.

Think I'll dig out the good ol dreamcast tonight!

I liked TXR0 but got pretty stale towards the end. Give me a new Kaido Racer instead so I can die a happy man.

there is something that totally needs to come back...the most powerful team of TXR0...the 12 zodiacs. and there are suggestions that KazaMR2 said to me and im goin to give him the credit: for the come back of the No Loser team, the leader Naniwa Warship or Awesome Osaka needs the Lan Evo x and for Jintei or King of Speed the gtr r35 mismo.

Yes, TXR3 was great, i remember cruising my R32 just to get the engine swap. Enjoyed Kaido Battle (TXR Drift) too. It would be awesome if they just add both mountain and highway racing in one game just like the old Shuto trial series.

It would be great if they also add Tuner Manufacturer demo cars as rivals. We can go against Smokey Nagata and the Top Secret Supra. If we beat the Tuner Manufacturer cars, we can get special rewards like the demo cars, unique parts, discounts etc.West Corvette, Ridox Supra, Nismo skylines, Top Secret cars, Mine's cars need to be in this game.

I'm considering importing a us or ntscj ps2 now just to play the games I've missed out lol

I did import wangan midnight for ps3 and was extremely disappointed with it :( was hoping it was like the txr games.

Think I'll dig out the good ol dreamcast tonight!

I own a SCPH-10000 NTSC-J PS2, never played a TXR game! :lol: I guess I missed out!

There is some new news!

Genki updated their twitter - Seems their aim is for 1 milion people to see the news. - "[Aim ○ million people] who are wanting healthy issued a "capital high battle" in the stationary machine Co. retweets here! Lively opinions and requests, complaints and inquiries is also not not please let us know! And put out will probably If you sell much Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3." - It also looks live the livery options will be a must again. I hope it's similar to Forza's, they have a good basic way of maing liverys.

Also I saw this post too - "From Hamachi's bad company was tears are said to not buy because no Hakosuka it (I bought me) @ 8Masumi6 "like a Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3 I want you to also put Osaka and Nagoya after R35GTR Hakosuka Porsche Z34 and RCF, etc. We want modern sports car Moi is in the. # Shutokou Battle new work " - It's a rough google translation, but it seems Genki are thinking of adding the likes of...
  • RUF/Porsche
  • More modern cars - GTR R35, 370Z, RC-F ect.
  • But classics too - The KPGC10.
  • They seemed to agree more modern cars though in that reply.
That's my predictions anyway... I'm so pumped for this! :D

Any updates guys?

Hoping it's not just modern cars they plan to add. Would love to see the pulsar gtir and the gazelle s12 make return :)

Any updates guys?

Hoping it's not just modern cars they plan to add. Would love to see the pulsar gtir and the gazelle s12 make return :)

Not at the moment, I literally check their twitter as much as I can. :lol:

I also hope they have classics, I'd love to see the; DR30, Laurel, Evo 3 <, and the Euro likes of De Tomaso from TXR3, as well as the ones you pointed out :). (Also more kei cars! :D)

What kind of physics are you guys hoping for?

I'm hoping for physics similar to Driveclub, arcadey but retaining enough realism to remain pad friendly.

Reactions: VXR

I'd really like it to be as realistic as possible, but have a option to change over to an arcadey style as it's previous titles are like. (Also shouldn't there be another thread for a discussion like this? As we're a bit off topic.)

I'd really like it to be as realistic as possible, but have a option to change over to an arcadey style as it's previous titles are like. (Also shouldn't there be another thread for a discussion like this? As we're a bit off topic.)
That would probably be too much of unnecessary work to work in two different physics models. I would rather just have one, and have them focus and perfect that one. I'm not to bothered by how it will drive, but I'm hoping they keep the level of customization that they have.

Last edited:
That would probably to much of unnecessary work to work in two different physics models. I would rather just have one, and have them focus and perfect that one. I'm not to bothered by how it will drive, but I'm hoping they keep the level of customization that they have.

Yeah, it would be quite tricky to program. I just hope it's not the soap on ice physics of TXR3. :lol: As for customisation I hope it stays huge, maybe even more additions too? :sly:

Yeah, it would be quite tricky to program. I just hope it's not the soap on ice physics of TXR3. :lol: As for customisation I hope it stays huge, maybe even more additions too? :sly:
I'm sure they would, seeing how they would without a doubt have interiors in the cars.

So realistic that it hurts. Like...strapping electrodes hooked to car batteries all over me and set to respond at the correct voltage for how hard I just hit that guy/wall. Would make you think twice about it.

Came back to GTP just to say how excited I am about this news. I own almost all of Genki's racers minus C1GP, Wangan Midnight for PS2, and their handheld games. No other company knows how to accurately portray the JDM car culture like Genki can. A new game from them would be a breathe of fresh air to the racing genre. I want this to happen so badly.

> Everyone who have posted in the thread
Thank you. Although became late, I think I want to put together a sentence to send the replay to Genki together from now.

Well, everyone is after a long time.
I have some reason to not come to the thread.
One, that there was no update conspicuous in the twitter account of Genki.
And the other one, I had to check for new posts to the thread in the notification e-mail from GTPlanet.
This e-mail was not received since my last post.
In other words, nobody is a translation was not convinced and not posted. Sorry.

Genki, and it is he for Tokyo Xtreme Racer, there has been little progress.

https://twitter.com/Genki_official/status/597975392108949504

This is but posts by Genki official twitter account of the preceding three hours, they aggregate the comments received to Genki official twitter, and communicated to the development team, has been sharing what users are looking for what the new Tokyo Xtreme Racer .
And they do not think that's signature only retweets of twitter for Tokyo Xtreme Racer.
They also existence and the fans of Tokyo Xtreme Racer, which does not use twitter, it seems to grasp the existence of a potential customer.

But, as its "When you're 3,700 fans agree core Tokyo Xtreme Racer in twitter, actually sold the expected perhaps 15,000 or not this" is also on the possible decision still developing they are new and,
It does not seem to become a tailwind against them.

Well, I have also looked at other forums.
Thing in common is in there came out opinion, and come out that the biggest obstacle for this project.
It would be to require the account of twitter in the signature.
The user's active in the use of twitter of Japan, but it seemed to be not the case when looking at the foreign forum.
So, common overseas users, I would have thought that if the signature is sites and services that enables the in the form that does not yet require the creation cumbersome registration and account, there is also that I have a poor English , quite difficult.

Anyway, it so far that I is transmitted this time.
I think I try to convey to Genki to translate all of opinion in Japanese from now.
Work hard.👍

CEynAh_UkAA384M.jpg

Well, it was posted as a reply addressed to just Genki by Japanese translation of the opinion that came out in the thread.

Also, I was told also opinion that was out in other forums, "I want the method of signing and approval of the form that does not require an account of twitter."

It paltry thing I can do, but I'm happy as long as it can become all of the force.:)

CEynAh_UkAA384M.jpg

Well, it was posted as a reply addressed to just Genki by Japanese translation of the opinion that came out in the thread.

Also, I was told also opinion that was out in other forums, "I want the method of signing and approval of the form that does not require an account of twitter."

It paltry thing I can do, but I'm happy as long as it can become all of the force.:)

Thank you for this! :cheers: I can't wait to see what Genki do with the new generation Tokyo Xtreme racer. :D

I imported an American PS2 just to play it i'm that big a fanboy of the series :lol:
I bought a copy from a local Japanese import store years ago and also got one of those things that allowed you to open the PS2 tray with a loading disc and a special tool, just so I could play it. :D I still have the game and the loading tool since I don't feel like throwing them away and nobody on eBay wants them.

mmm guys ehmmm...there is something we forgot and its pretty nostalgic. its something that we miss. something that this generation might lose unless we are talking about sports games...the split screen. Genki needs to return the old feature...its something that we missed all the time. we need it back again. i hope that Genki could understand that we need the VS mode again, since the Split screen is something we are losing nowadays and i hope this game feature is going to be back

mmm guys ehmmm...there is something we forgot and its pretty nostalgic. its something that we miss. something that this generation might lose unless we are talking about sports games...the split screen. Genki needs to return the old feature...its something that we missed all the time. we need it back again. i hope that Genki could understand that we need the VS mode again, since the Split screen is something we are losing nowadays and i hope this game feature is going to be back

I totally agree with this, you'll find that less and less in modern games that there is any local multiplayer.

I also wonder what they will do with online events for this TXR... Maybe a free roam like in story mode, but with the rivals as online players? :D

I somehow missed this thread, but I would like to give my two cents here if possible.

First; the physics: I hope that the aim to have them be about like TXRD2/KB3, if they cannot make them better. As a small company I understand that Genki simply doesn't have the budget to do super-great physics, but TXRD2/KB3's physics are still good today; just equaling that would be great in my eyes.

Two: make sure that the special rival cars are buyable. This and the lack of difficulty were my largest issues with TXRD2/KB3.

Three: release it digitally so that when/if the game is released I can download it off of the Japanese PSN store instead of waiting for a disc to ship :lol: Having instant access, regardless whether Its officially released in the states would be a boon.

Finally, please keep the Stagea, MR2 SW20 and AW11!

@MJ6feet6 If you are still translating requests, could you please send this through? You don't have to worry about my personal remarks if you are; just the important bits please! And if you aren't still translating requests, that's fine too! Regardless thanks MJ! 👍

EDIT: This is pretty much the longest post I've made, and its the only one I've made from mobile :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back