Genki is considering the development for new Tokyo Xtreme Racer (Shutokou Battle)

• Thread starter MJ6feet6
  • 908 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two: make sure that the special rival cars are buyable. This and the lack of difficulty were my largest issues with TXRD2/KB3.

Did you find the last among the rivals (last 10-15) to pose no challenge? I still to this day haven't beaten the final 3. But the rest of the game is pretty easy.

Did you find the last among the rivals (last 10-15) to pose no challenge? I still to this day haven't beaten the final 3. But the rest of the game is pretty easy.

When you say the last three, do you mean Haunted Shore or Blackout/Emperor Speed/Kaido President? President was frustrating, and Emperor took a few attempts but Blackout wasn't too difficult.

Last edited:
When you say the last three, do you mean Haunted Shore or Blackout/Emperor Speed/Kaido President? President was frustrating, and Emperor took a few attempts but Blackout wasn't too difficult though.

It's easy to defeat the final lot with a 205 T16, that thing is overpowered! :lol:

When you say the last three, do you mean Haunted Shore or Blackout/Emperor Speed/Kaido President? President was frustrating, and Emperor took a few attempts but Blackout wasn't too difficult though.

Funny story, at first I found the Blackout/Emperor to be hard until I realized my Impreza wasn't actually fully tuned when it could have been. :lol: Kai do President is just stupid. I can't see anyone not finding it hard to beat him. But I was mainly talking about the Haunted Shore guy and stuff. I can get past the first two with minor issues, took a lot of practice, but can't beat that Fairlady. Then again it's been a very long time since I've attempted it.

Funny story, at first I found the Blackout/Emperor to be hard until I realized my Impreza wasn't actually fully tuned when it could have been. :lol: Kaido President is just stupid. I can't see anyone not finding it hard to beat him. But I was mainly talking about the Haunted Shore guy and stuff. I can get past the first two with minor issues, took a lot of practice, but can't beat that Fairlady. Then again it's been a very long time since I've attempted it.

I actually won that one by switching to a slower car and driving more conservatively than normal. If you try again, treat it like an endurance race.

The very last guy? Eh, I'm out of practice. I exaggerated the 'to this day' bit but I don't think I've attempted it in like 2-3 years. I suck at gravel when I don't have spiked tires, other than that I keep a healthy lead in front of him, just when the gravel hits he's just gone.

I had the game on the Dreamcast and PS2. Must admit I preferred the Dreamcast version. I even played the cut down PSP version. A PS4 version would be superb, assuming I could get hold of it in the UK.

Update! I looked back at Genki's twitter again, and they have replied back to quite a few interesting posts.

1: It is likely that it might get an overseas release into Europe, and USA & Canada. I'm not too good at translating Japanese to English, but Genki did agree with the comment of there being a big fanbase for oversea. But I think they mentioned there being a bigger chance if people from overseas were asking questions and supporting the game. I'm not entirely sure.

2: There is a good chance of customisable interior like there was in Import tuner challange again, as a comment was asking about custom guages, and Genki replied something along the lines of them being released at launch. I may be wrong in thinking that, it might be they are on about the gauge display on screen when not on interior mode. As I said, I'm not the best translator. :boggled: The other thing about the exterior having vast customisation, it's most likely but again they cannot confirm it. There is a chance of 'Rocket Bunny' being added to the bodykit lineup - 'Whether the selection and inclution request of models is possible, because we don't know, it depends on time.' was the reply to a bundle of bodykit manfacturers being added.

3: For the car list there is a few comments concerning the GTR lecasy, it seems that it's likely the KPGC10 to GTR (R35) are being implemented. There was also comments about foreign cars, Genki said something like, they will be increased. There is another comment asking about adding in the likes of Lamborghini and Ferarri, Genki said it might be possible, but they are planning it. Also they said more 'light cars' are to be added, most likely refering to Kei class cars. They also say they cannot 'guarantee' most of the requested cars to be added. The likes of Honda are unlikely, as Genki say they cannot answer anything about that.

4: I'm not sure on this one, but the traffic of yellow team Hiaces might be replaced with regular traffic, e.g Trucks, sedans, vans all in stock colours.

5: There was only a few comments concerning a livery editor, Genki didn't answer direcly with there being one, but a person asked if 'Itasha' cars would be an option, Genki replied they don't know.

6: Their plan on a release is still undecided from most comments asking on it. :nervous: But they do plan on it being a PS4/Xbox 1 next gen platform, and not on PS3/Xbox 360

7: There was one comment concerning police pursuits, Genki replied with something suggestive 'When dealing with police car, it's presence will determine on wether you respect the law' - Along the lines of that translation.

This is all I can find from the answered questions. :cheers: It would be great if we could somehow get a better translator than me though, as I do a on-par job with translator-san. :lol:

Last edited:
I like the sound of them, especially as it seems your behaviour could lead to them giving chase or ignoring you depending on your actions.

I really hope they bring back the drift series, just bought the PS2 Japanese version of it (Kaido Battle: Touge No Densetsu, to play it with PCSX2 and the game is really addicting, and physics are pretty realistic too and its great fun drifting down all the way with those touge courses, just wish the AI were a bit more challenging as in TXRD1. And with Next Gen the graphics i wonder what they can do to make these Touge courses real looking.

I really hope they bring back the drift series, just bought the PS2 Japanese version of it (Kaido Battle: Touge No Densetsu, to play it with PCSX2 and the game is really addicting, and physics are pretty realistic too and its great fun drifting down all the way with those touge courses, just wish the AI were a bit more challenging as in TXRD1. And with Next Gen the graphics i wonder what they can do to make these Touge courses real looking.

Sorry to bring you down, but Genki said it was a revival of 'Shutokou battle' implying it being just Tokyo xtreme racer, although I hope they can somehow combine the two into the release, as that would make a bigger market for them. :cheers:

The Wangan? And Touge racing in one?

I would never play anything else.
i really hope so. i mean, look at this next gen hard disk memories. im sure they can fit a lot of teams, unique features, combine the 2 kinds of races (both Wangan and Touge along with some training circuits like Tsukuba, Suzuka and Fuji Speedway), cars from every country, a great free roam mode...it will be unique.

i really hope so. i mean, look at this next gen hard disk memories. im sure they can fit a lot of teams, unique features, combine the 2 kinds of races (both Wangan and Touge along with some training circuits like Tsukuba, Suzuka and Fuji Speedway), cars from every country, a great free roam mode...it will be unique.
Definitely.

On a side note: You were a tough opponent in Stage 1. Not so much in Stage 2.

If they make this game PS4/XB1 only, I might find myself buying a PS4 sooner than I planned on doing so. There is no way in hell that I won't own this game at some point if it comes out because I still play TXR3 when I can. I also played TXRD2 until my brother broke the disc on accident, so I have to search for another copy of the game.

Sorry to bring you down, but Genki said it was a revival of 'Shutokou battle' implying it being just Tokyo xtreme racer, although I hope they can somehow combine the two into the release, as that would make a bigger market for them. :cheers:
It would make the game a lot more interesting if they have both i think, i yet have to play the Tokyo Xtreme Racer tho. But i think NFS 2015 is also doing this bringing the Canyon races back, would be cool if they have Wangan races as well, but it wont feel the same way as this series does simply cause its not real Japanese roads. Not sure if this is the right place to ask here, but does any one have the Japanese version iso for the first Kaido Battle? If so pm me please.

Definitely.

On a side note: You were a tough opponent in Stage 1. Not so much in Stage 2.
yeah, i realized i should stay on the c1 loop and since then, Blood Hound and Sad angel are always laughing at me back at Haruna when i started to use the FD -_- and if you mean if i wasnt that tough in the highway, the sileighty is pretty tweaky.

yeah, i realized i should stay on the c1 loop and since then, Blood Hound and Sad angel are always laughing at me back at Haruna when i started to use the FD -_- and if you mean if i wasnt that tough in the highway, the sileighty is pretty tweaky.
Tell Blood Hound and Sad Angel to eat my Lexus GS 300's taillights.

Does anyone remember the Rival List theme for TXR3? My lord, that song was one damn badass hard rock song mixed in with demonic voices which kinda disturbed me as a kid and that song still haunts my mind today and i'm glad it does because its just horrifically awesome and is worth listening to again just for nostalgia. :)

*EDIT* I've found it. :D Hope this gives you nightmares just kidding.

Last edited:
Does anyone remember the Rival List theme for TXR3? My lord, that song was one damn badass hard rock song mixed in with demonic voices which kinda disturbed me as a kid and that song still haunts my mind today and i'm glad it does because its just horrifically awesome and is worth listening to again just for nostalgia. :)

Unfortunately I can't find it anywhere on YouTube probably due to how underrated the game was. :banghead:

Try this playlist...

:cheers:

Since we're all hyped for the next Tokyo Xtreme Racer game, I'm going to keep in touch with Genki's twitter page and translate as much as I can to English in hopes we get a confirmation for Tokyo Xtreme Racer 5. *Not counting the drift games, the Xbox 360 exclusive title is counted in.* Any ways here's a few tweets translated in English.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Yeah that was me trying to copy the info through my IPod lol.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Wondering what are they talking about in the last picture. I'm not going to post every single damn tweet on here but if you find something in their twitter page that is interesting and could have something to do with TXR *especially more information about possible features for the sequel* then go ahead and post it here. Please do make sure you translate it using google translator or anything used for translating stuff with a screen cap of the actual tweet for sources. Links are appreciated. :)

Oh and by the way, I was using the google translate app. I know this info is a bit pointless but this is just the start.

Since we're all hyped for the next Tokyo Xtreme Racer game, I'm going to keep in touch with Genki's twitter page and translate as much as I can to English in hopes we get a confirmation for Tokyo Xtreme Racer 5. *Not counting the drift games, the Xbox 360 exclusive title is counted in.* Any ways here's a few tweets translated in English.
View attachment 391581
View attachment 391580
View attachment 391582
Yeah that was me trying to copy the info through my IPod lol.
View attachment 391584
View attachment 391586
View attachment 391585
Wondering what are they talking about in the last picture. I'm not going to post every single damn tweet on here but if you find something in their twitter page that is interesting and could have something to do with TXR *especially more information about possible features for the sequel* then go ahead and post it here. Please do make sure you translate it using google translator or anything used for translating stuff with a screen cap of the actual tweet for sources. Links are appreciated. :)

Oh and by the way, I was using the google translate app. I know this info is a bit pointless but this is just the start.

I usually check back once a week, let a few comments stack then do a big update thingy as seen above. I'll continue to find out more info. :cheers:

I'm super hyped for the game! :dopey:

Have they even reached their goal? Doesn't really seem like they've confirmed development for it yet.

I usually check back once a week, let a few comments stack then do a big update thingy as seen above. I'll continue to find out more info. :cheers:

I'm super hyped for the game! :dopey:
I'm going to keep in touch with their tweets and post them each day. It would be really :censored:ing crazy if they do add Lamborghinis and Ferraris to TXR5 as someone pointed out earlier. Also cops would be cool. Imagine racing against the Devil Z in a LaFerrari and outrunning the poor- oh wait the Devil Z is suppose to be insanely fast according to the Wangan Midnight manga right? Well I don't know if the Devil Z can beat a hyper car though.

Have they even reached their goal? Doesn't really seem like they've confirmed development for it yet.
The game is underrated so give it some time. I'd expect them to get the game out by 2018 or possibly 2020 but man, it's going to be a long wait.

I haven't seen any confirmation of them green lighting the production yet. :grumpy:

I'm going to keep in touch with their tweets and post them each day. It would be really :censored:ing crazy if they do add Lamborghinis and Ferraris to TXR5 as someone pointed out earlier. Also cops would be cool. Imagine racing against the Devil Z in a LaFerrari and outrunning the poor- oh wait the Devil Z is suppose to be insanely fast according to the Wangan Midnight manga right? Well I don't know if the Devil Z can beat a hyper car though.

The Devil Z can hit over 200mph+ marker, but in TXR it's only a reference to the Wangan midnight manga & anime. :sly: (Same as the wanderer 'ZERO' who is the Blackbird reference)

I haven't seen any confirmation of them green lighting the production yet. :grumpy:

The Devil Z can hit over 200mph+ marker, but in TXR it's only a reference to the Wangan midnight manga & anime. :sly: (Same as the wanderer 'ZERO' who is the Blackbird reference)
But how exactly fast was the Devil Z in TXR? If you say it's only a reference to Wangan Midnight then I'm pretty sure you mean it's not as fast as it was in the manga. I have never personally read any of the mangas especially since I don't fully understand Japanese but I do know about the Devil Z and the Blackbird which I actually did replicas of those two on GT6 once and I'm definitely planning on making the Blackbird on NFS 2015 since they got the 930 Turbo in it and got the right body modifications for the car to do the Blackbird. Right now, I'm hoping they add the right wheels. I also recently did a replica of the Blackbird on 3D Tuning but will show the car later.

I did saw some vids of the Devil Z on TXR but I can't really tell if it's as fast as it was on Wangan Midnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back