Genshin ImpactPS4 

I've been in Inazuma too long. For a while, I was disappointed with my damage output so I sunk a lot of resources into making my units more powerful. Now I'm one/two shotting everything in Liyue and Monstadt.

I know now what an OP protagonist in a starter town feels like. :lol:
That is always a good feeling! 👍

Not quite one shot characters yet but I am happy with my builds, I have the final ten levels on the road to 80/80 for my main four characters to complete (need more quest/adventure scrolls) and then I should be in a similar position.

Weekend grind of talent books coming up for some final bits to do their to reach Lvl 6 talent and then I will see where I am in damage levels.

Lost on the 50/50, but at least it gives me a guarantee for Raiden Shogun. I did get Sayu though and got her to Level 70. Borrowed a friends world to collect more Crystal Marrow. Wednesday the domain becomes available for her talent materials, so I'll do that.

Also I finally was able to cure Anna's illness. Had to set the daily quest to Mondstadt, and just wait to get part three to show up, which it did yesterday. Today I finally got part 4, where I had to find her. No more seeing Anna coughing next to the water fountain during the day, and Anthony, taking the coins out at night!
2021810224925.png

anna cured.png

Also Team Smol is now fully complete!
teamsmol.png

I thought what the heck and decided to pull until I got Sayu. Ended up with her, QiQi, Yoimiya after 30 wishes. Oops. I just blew my pity though I just got C1 Klee only 18 wishes previously.

I'm just glad I didn't get Diluc. Not that he's bad but I've got plenty of Pyro DPSs now. Not to mention he's been power-creeped into oblivion. Poor v1.0 5-stars...

First full Spiral Abyss with Yoimiya. Man is she good with Fischl. Everything just dies in the snap of fingers. I'd even go as far as saying she's my most optimized DPS unit, even more than my Hu Tao.

Spiral Abyss remains the same as last time, but with a different Blessing. Happy with how this run went. Too bad I didn't nail 12-1 in one go, would've been a perfect Spiral run had that not happen.

Also accidentally handicapped myself because my Kaeya was missing his cryo goblet, and Jean had a level 50 sword instead of the one she uses. Oops.

Last edited:
Well, I finally got around emailing Mihoyo to unlink my PSN account, with hopes of getting my PC account linked to PSN. Emailed them and now I just play the waiting game. Mainly wanted to link my PC account to my main PSN account for trophy reasons, instead of using my other PSN accounts. Also, now with Aloy coming to Genshin for 2.1 update, would like to get a head start, and maybe flex a little on my friends. 😆

Edit: Accidently had the Kamera out instead of my NRE. So I took this by accident, but looks pretty cool
2021827235330.png

Last edited:
What a story. Won’t spoil it for you, but I really enjoyed it. I got home late because of work, so I didn’t get to start right away. But finished the story a little after 3am. Now onto the side stories, tomorrow!

I also did 40 wishes and got C2 Kujou Sara and Raiden Shogun on the 32nd pull, 75 from last 5 star. She was guaranteed, but now to save for Kokomi, and hopefully I win the 50/50.

Last edited:
Success! I was able to link my Mihoyo account to PSN! Took only a week when I sent the email to unlink it! It's a little weird using controller, but I'll have to change the layout to how it is on mobile. Now if I don't feel like sitting in my sim rig to play, I can just lay in bed and play! :lol:

Aloy.jpg

Aloy1.jpg

Thanks for all your posts, good reading!

I've been so focussed on the game and a very busy period at work I kinda let the forums slip a bit these past two months but shall be making more effort to contribute again from now.

Really enjoying the update, I've been spending way too much time fishing, it's fun and really good when you snag a catch after a long controller battle! :), they really got this little side event/mini game a lot of fun.

Have not progressed the main story yet but I did do exceptionally well on my first wish pull of the update, wanted Sara Kujou and BAM gave me her on the first pull, now of course I will have to grind for the talents/weapon/adventure scrolls to build her up into the party.

The only thing I a a bit disappointed with is I didn't pull Yoimiya, game gave me Jean for my five star after 70 pulls so I gave up, I did win Sayu three times though I am not sure when I'll use her yet.

I of course got Aloy thanks to having done the pre-requisites, I did setup a US server account which I've now added Aloy and her weapon to so my standing in game is pretty good right now.

My parties are also in strongest position ever, four Level 80/80 with 80/80 weapons and full legendary artefacts sets at +14/15 level so I am no longer 'struggling' with combat and the game says I am more than ready for ascension quest 3.

Today's stream will be doing Zhongli's story chapters, I need to unlock the boss from those stories so that I can work on my talents for Eula, Traveller and Yanfei but that's gonna take about six weeks to get the two lots of talent level up's done since I can only receive his loot once a week and hopefully the game gives me what I want otherwise it will be a trip to the crafting tables.

Once the talents are done I think I will be finally running ascension quest 3, anyone know if I get better boss 'loot' above AR45 or is it still about the same in drop rates?

The only thing I will NOT mention/show in the stream s Hyakunin Ikki, once again I am really struggling with this battle event, I simply cannot do it on the X4 multiplier and can't figure out why, on Wednesday I'll be putting together a video of my 'attempts' but I don't think I am gonna get the signature banner...

Last edited:
World Level 6 unlocks the Level 90 artifact domains, which give at least one 5* artifact per 20 resin run.
World Level 7 guarantees at least 2 talent level up items from the weekly bosses on the highest difficulty.
World Level 8 guarantees a 5* artifact from the minor bosses.
Staying at a lower world level does nothing but hinder you big time. You’ll easily get through the ascension quest domains with your levels, just be sure to have a pyro character.

World Level 6 unlocks the Level 90 artifact domains, which give at least one 5* artifact per 20 resin run.
World Level 7 guarantees at least 2 talent level up items from the weekly bosses on the highest difficulty.
World Level 8 guarantees a 5* artifact from the minor bosses.
Staying at a lower world level does nothing but hinder you big time. You’ll easily get through the ascension quest domains with your levels, just be sure to have a pyro character.
Well I have three, Xinyan, Amber and Yanfei so I think I am well stocked on the Pyro ability!

So I guess then from what you are saying I can probably run AR3 and AR4 back to back with my current characters as I am sure the stockpiled AR experience I have will take me above AR50.

It sounds like that's the way to go so I guess I shall maybe try that as my livestream tonight then, as I want to progress asap as I figure if the main party is done talent wise by the end of this update then I can work on my second party build or maybe start bringing up some of the characters I want to use like Zhongli, Sara and Ayaka etc.

EDIT: Well that was that! Adventure Rank 53 and World Level 7 in one stream despite internet/Youtube connection issues, here's the last part showing the up to AR53/WL7.

Also Sara on my main account on first wish pulls of the update so I guess I know who I am levelling up next!

The other video with 'Miku' getting Sara right at the start of the update, very rare I have managed to pull the same character in a 1st wish run since I began Genshin Impact...

Last edited:
Time to work on some more friendship levels. Raiden I think is at level 2, and Ayaka is 6, and Sayu is at 5. I just put in Kujou Sara so she is at 1. I'm also working on Kujou Sara's artifacts and talents, so I need to burn some resin doing domains. May have to work on Aloy next patch. I have Aloy level up to level 73, but I'm out of Hero Wits, and also need to level her artifacts. Could borrow some from other Cryo characters, but I like having each character having their own set. Also thinking the last week before the next banner, I'll farm the water hypostasis, in hopefully getting Kokomi, and getting her mats.

inazumaparty.png

2021910235542.png

Last edited:
Time to work on some more friendship levels. Raiden I think is at level 2, and Ayaka is 6, and Sayu is at 5. I just put in Kujou Sara so she is at 1. I'm also working on Kujou Sara's artifacts and talents, so I need to burn some resin doing domains. May have to work on Aloy next patch. I have Aloy level up to level 73, but I'm out of Hero Wits, and also need to level her artifacts. Could borrow some from other Cryo characters, but I like having each character having their own set. Also thinking the last week before the next banner, I'll farm the water hypostasis, in hopefully getting Kokomi, and getting her mats.
So I wasn't the only one working on Sara then, I only have her up to level 50 as have to farm her ascension materials but I need a bit of 'help' in the skills department I think as the 'boss' encounter at Level 91 was a little nippy!

This should be 'set' around the start of the boss battle, strategy was quite easy to figure out but it took a while to wear the boss down.

Which weapon did you pick for Sara out of interest, I notice the game 'suggests' the Favonius Warbow in her 'trial' but I am not sure if that's best or something better?

Last edited:
So I wasn't the only one working on Sara then, I only have her up to level 50 as have to farm her ascension materials but I need a bit of 'help' in the skills department I think as the 'boss' encounter at Level 91 was a little nippy!

This should be 'set' around the start of the boss battle, strategy was quite easy to figure out but it took a while to wear the boss down.

Which weapon did you pick for Sara out of interest, I notice the game 'suggests' the Favonius Warbow in her 'trial' but I am not sure if that's best or something better?
I put on that new craftable Inazuma bow on Sara for the time being. Not really using her much for dps/sub dps, but mainly for her attack buff that she gives when I use her E.

As far as that boss. I really don't like fighting it, but may go back to it, to ascend Raiden to get her past 80. I pretty much use range characters for it, so bow users/catalyst users. He just moves around way to much.

I put on that new craftable Inazuma bow on Sara for the time being. Not really using her much for dps/sub dps, but mainly for her attack buff that she gives when I use her E.

As far as that boss. I really don't like fighting it, but may go back to it, to ascend Raiden to get her past 80. I pretty much use range characters for it, so bow users/catalyst users. He just moves around way to much.
I shall have a look at that for the bow, will have to go gather some materials for crafting it first I suspect!

Will give the bow/catalyst approach some thought, Yanfei certainly seemed to work well and I do have Amber levelled up so that sounds like it might work better.

Fishing will be the subject of tonight's stream as got to get started on the Lunar event.

2 five star pulls today from standard and event banner. Life is goodView attachment 1081351View attachment 1081352
I also won Jean from the regular banner on Sunday and she was my first five star off that banner according to my history.

I elected to save my other banner pity for Kokomi but does this mean the pity and 50/50 works independent on both banners then as if so that means I might do the regular banner a bit more often!

Currently starting to pull together my '1st Anniversary Memories' video so that I can publish it on my channel next week!

UPDATE:

Probably going to make this a three part highlights as there has been a lot of events!

The only event I missed/skipped was Lantern Rite and the original Theater Mechanicus and the web based events but from my understanding over on Genshin forums these events were not that popular first time so probably no loss that they are omitted from the videos I'm creating.

Last edited:
I also won Jean from the regular banner on Sunday and she was my first five star off that banner according to my history.

I elected to save my other banner pity for Kokomi but does this mean the pity and 50/50 works independent on both banners then as if so that means I might do the regular banner a bit more often!
Yeah, each banner has their own pity. So if you get a 5 star from the Standard banner, it won't effect your pity on the Weapons or Limited banner

I won the 50/50 for her, and now the grind to get her leveled up. Should have started grinding those Sceptres a lot sooner, but I find them annoying to fight. She is level 72, with talents at 1/5/5, and her artifacts are all at 0. Also have her weapon, so I need to level that up too. Once the grind is done with her, I need to keep fighting those Sceptres for Aloy. I think I just need talents levels for her, so it shouldn't be too bad. Right now my party is Raiden Shogun, Kujou Sara, Sangonomiya Kokmoi, and Sayu. Not an ideal party, but I'm working on friendship levels. Kamisato Ayaka just hit friendship 10 tonight!

20219240640.png

20219240713.png

I won the 50/50 for her, and now the grind to get her leveled up. Should have started grinding those Sceptres a lot sooner, but I find them annoying to fight. She is level 72, with talents at 1/5/5, and her artifacts are all at 0. Also have her weapon, so I need to level that up too. Once the grind is done with her, I need to keep fighting those Sceptres for Aloy. I think I just need talents levels for her, so it shouldn't be too bad. Right now my party is Raiden Shogun, Kujou Sara, Sangonomiya Kokmoi, and Sayu. Not an ideal party, but I'm working on friendship levels. Kamisato Ayaka just hit friendship 10 tonight!
Good to know!

I guess that is confirmed by me winning Kokomi in my stream yesterday having won Jean from the normal banner the previous time, I should have enough to build her up to at least 60/60 I think though the talent books might need work!

Currently I just finished the main story chapter quests again yesterday so I had my first battle with Signora, that was fairly epic especially the outcome of the battle, good stuff with the Raiden Shogun too, be nice if we could redo that battle for rewards as I liked the challenge of it but I can see why it's a one time story only quest.

The next steps for me?

Well I think it's about time to form the second party for the Spiral Abyss as my current groups are going to be:

Traveller, Eula, Noelle and Yanfei for the main group.

Secondary group Amber, Beidou, Kayea and Kokomi whilst work is also in progress for Sara and Sucrose.

Things may change with the upcoming new area and characters, if Miko is indeed in the banner set then she will have a place in the party for sure. Probably not going to go for Thoma as I like him but not sure he fits in with the party set at the moment.

Only weakness in the side at the moment is talents still being Level 6 a few at 7 but the materials are coming together so by next week everyone in the main group should be talent level 7 and hopefully 8 will follow in the next two weeks then I might take a 'breather' since I've been constantly working on the builds.

Feels like it's going to be a good second year of Genshin Impact though and really looking forward to the next story chapter unfolding!

Finally started putting some actual time into this, and it's addicting. :lol:

I still have absolutely no idea what's going on, I can't remember all of the buff/debuff combinations, etc, etc. The game, at least in my opinion, dumps way too much on you, way too fast. It's nothing you can't work around but that's been my issue thus far.

Did some of the events and wound up loving Beidou (she has a shield that's basically Royal Guard, how am I not going to love that?) so I spent more than a few Primogems and Intertwined Fates obtaining her. I should have remembered to come here sooner because I could have had some pointers. :lol:

So I'm AR 16; Beidou, Amber, and Alice (the main character) are all Lv. 30 (the other two are 20), what should I be hard focused on? I have 891 primogems now, should I use them on weapon wishes, something else, or is that all pointless right now?

Do you see any characters or weapons you like in particular? If not it's not a bad idea to save it up so you can guarantee yourself a 5-star in the future. Otherwise it doesn't hurt to work on what you have.

Do you see any characters or weapons you like in particular? If not it's not a bad idea to save it up so you can guarantee yourself a 5-star in the future. Otherwise it doesn't hurt to work on what you have.
The only character that's caught my eye so far is Beidou and I've already wished her into existence, so I'm good there. As for weapons, I don't know what's good. I wouldn't mind having at least one 5-star weapon.

I've set a path to the Jade Cutter but I have no idea what that means. :lol:

Last edited:
The only character that's caught my eye so far is Beidou and I've already wished her into existence, so I'm good there. As for weapons, I don't know what's good. I wouldn't mind having at least one 5-star weapon.

I've set a path to the Jade Cutter but I have no idea what that means. :lol:
Basically if you don't get your Jade Cutter on a 5 star drop, it goes 1/2, and if you don't get it again, on your next 5 star, it goes 2/2. Then your next 5 star weapon is guaranteed on what you charted your path too. Do note, that the weapon banner is really designed to make one spend on it. So do it with caution. For an example, for me to get the catalyst on this current weapon banner. I spent $180 to get it.

As far as the limited character banner, you can wish on it, but the 5 star character, Kokomi. You can only level her up so much, as you don't have the area that she's from unlocked yet. Unless you get extremely lucky, you may need 75-90 wishes for her to drop. But the 4 star characters and weapons will make it worth it though.

Just made it AR 20. It's not even worth buying the pass this season, is it? There's only 13 days left and there's no way I can get to 50 without buying levels...and I'm not doing that.

No point in doing the pass now, best to start with the new one.

Request: Do any of you have video footage of the When It's Warm event they'd be wiling to share for my Genshin 1st year videos, I didn't do the full event and can''t find the video I had now but would like to feature it, full credit will be given if you can help!

PM to save topic clutter, thanks!

Back