GIFs of cars with tiny difference (tutorial & GT500/MX5/GTR series added)

• Thread starter markwang
  • 314 comments
Maybe do the GT rivals, such as how the R10/18 and Peugeot 908 are rivals. Production cars too, such as Audi v Lexus for similar models.

Few ideas:

All the M3 and new M4 (replacement of last M3)
All the Camaros
All the Mustangs
All the Civics
All the Corollas
All flagship model lambos (Miura>Countach>Countach 25th anniv>Diablo>Murcielago>Reventon>Aventador)
RUF BTR>Yellow Bird>CTR2>RGT

*With ALL I mean all in the game...

I think the Motul, and this is purely my own speculation, because it was the championship winning car, has 30kg of "success weight" added to it. I think that if you look at the rear B pillar window, you can see the little success weight stickers on it. And I believe that the 30kg sticker has a slash through it, which IIRC, means that it is weight the car must carry all year, that can no be removed. That success weight would also explain the PP differences.
Yeah i know why the Motul has lower PP, its the Advan Clarion i am wondering about.

JeuaXWWE.gif

M9j7lEjZ.gif

VFA86AYv.gif

WUkE0RIt.gif

These are pretty awesome, props to you Mark. 👍

This one caught my eye. Despite the base model being well, based off of the Audi Sport R18, why is it that there are aero differences? Oh so slightly, but it's still a thing.

I must be on a roll today, was pretty sure it was a base model, but thanks for clarifying. 👍
Yes, that is this you are thinking of, the one in game...

image.jpg

This was the initial dyno test car, in which many aspects were changed from January to the 1000km of spa. I was actually surprised they did the slant from the intake to the rear wing. When I think of the new Porsche 919 I think of this one, and not the current as it just seems that the front splitter was dropped more for intake to the wheels...

These are pretty awesome, props to you Mark. 👍

This one caught my eye. Despite the base model being well, based off of the Audi Sport R18, why is it that there are aero differences? Oh so slightly, but it's still a thing.
The slight differences you see are things that can be added or taken away. We see similar things like this (forgot the actual name for them) on many DTM cars but taken to the extreme. The FIA allows these to be added to the front to allow more downforce but have to be measured when going under scrutineering to measure the amount of downforce in newtons. Last years R18 e-Tron had two different variants, the one under the same configuration from 2012, and a new test car from the Sebring race called the Long Tail, which the tail or spine of the car was stretched over a few centimeters where the rear diffuser was at maximum length, which provided more downforce.

Here you can see the extension
image.jpg

And if you look even closer you can see that the air intake was raised to allow more aerodynamic efficiencies and better fluid dynamics with the air.

Back