Giulietta73's Gallery | Comp Entries update |

Tourney Round 3 and Rejects

A green viper - I found this one difficult! Do I go for a classic bright green Viper or do I mess around with dark green - maybe even chrome?? Next issue was the location. I started off At Spa with a bright green Viper - again I messed about with photographing the car through on coming traffic:

I liked this one the best - the light-leak effect next to the bright green was really dynamic. (It was a yellow Enzo and I used the 1st cross processing filter)

Then I went Chrome! It went against my better judgement as my chrome shots tend to bomb in the comps. I Used SSR7 so that I could again capitalize on the on-coming traffic:

The purple filter worked really well here. It muted the green and made the tunnel a lot cooler. I also bashed the car up a little to add texture to the chrome:

Then I tried the green filter:

..and BAM!! That's the one!! A Viper hurling itself out of it's fiery nest as warp speed!! For me it has the same feeling as Lando Calrissian exiting the Death Star in the Millennium Falcon in Return Of The Jedi!!!

And for those of you who are interested, here's how I got the fiery glow - shutter speed - 8000:

Once you know the white car is there, it becomes very apparent in the final shot!!

Up next - the Bronze rejects....

The Red Monster In The Green Hell

The 24hr Nurb Variation has superb trackside crowds - tents, camper vans and BBQs smoking away! I wanted to capture these in the last 2 shots in the hope of creating a realistic shot. And I wanted to capture that dingy overcast grey feel to the weather - I mean, The Nurburgring in the sunshine is just not realistic at all!!

And the next shot is just a simple bit of red and green speedfest!!

Last edited:
just
jaw-drop-smiley-emoticon.gif

:bowdown: :drool: :bowdown:

edit: found some words finally, just wow, breathe-taking tour to the other world of Photography.

Far most faw for me is the UFO shot, then the night shot of an SLS and all others in the whole gallery! :bowdown:

just
jaw-drop-smiley-emoticon.gif

:bowdown: :drool: :bowdown:

edit: found some words finally, just wow, breathe-taking tour to the other world of Photography.

Far most faw for me is the UFO shot, then the night shot of an SLS and all others in the whole gallery! :bowdown:
I am honoured!!:bowdown:
Thanks a lot, really glad you like my stuff:cheers:

Really love what you did in terms of individual compositions and toning in your latest shots, Eric. The first one is my personal favourite. Keep it up, pal. 👍

The red Monster set is really one of your best set in my opinion. Each of the four pics is very different from the others and each is a masterfull work. The extreme angle and composition of the first will go down in GT photomode history. I keep it in mind and one time I will replcate this ;) The tonning of the second is superb, and the rendering is very realistic. The composition of the third is perfect to increase sense of motion and the lightning in the last is awesome.
Great set, really a great set, bravo my friend !

Very very VERY(!) nice set Eric ! 1st one is absolutely amazing ! :drool: :drool: :drool:
A good choice of angles and points of view in combination with toning make these images very realistic realistic. Great work :cheers:

Really love what you did in terms of individual compositions and toning in your latest shots, Eric. The first one is my personal favourite. Keep it up, pal. 👍
Thanks Nenad:cheers:
Hey, loving your editing style.. I see it keeps getting better with each set. Congrats mate. :)
Thanks Tron, good to see you're still around:tup:

The red Monster set is really one of your best set in my opinion. Each of the four pics is very different from the others and each is a masterfull work. The extreme angle and composition of the first will go down in GT photomode history. I keep it in mind and one time I will replcate this ;) The tonning of the second is superb, and the rendering is very realistic. The composition of the third is perfect to increase sense of motion and the lightning in the last is awesome.
Great set, really a great set, bravo my friend !
Thanks Jérémy:chhers: That means a lot, coming from a great master like yourself:)

Very very VERY(!) nice set Eric ! 1st one is absolutely amazing ! :drool: :drool: :drool:
A good choice of angles and points of view in combination with toning make these images very realistic realistic. Great work :cheers:
Thanks Ilya, really appreciate it:cheers:
I like the overall composition in shot number 1.
Thanks Pebb:cheers:
The first Escudo shot is really cool! Love the extremely high angle and the composition is top-notch. 👍
Thanks R!CE, glad you could pop by.:cheers:

Thanks for all the comments guys, always much appreciated:bowdown::cheers:

2.0 Tourney Season 2

Round 2:Abstractor

I had to make an abstract image - which I found difficult under the 2.0 rules. So I had to choose the car wisely. I ended up going with the new Lexus VGT as it had the fantastic stripes. I chromed the car with the purple chrome chip and went snapping!

Nothing was added to the original shots, nothing was spliced in from other shots. All are as is.

Final Entry

For this one, I was above the car looking down along the door with the vent and side exhaust in view. I wanted to do something similar to Picasso - an unrecognizable jumble of shapes and car parts. I went with this one as it really does look jumbled up and messed about - like a Picasso.

A couple of rejects...

I like the 'light sabre' running through the middle!!

I messed around with the colours here, but all the shapes and textures were untouched. I liked the contrast between the depth of the chrome and the texture of the stripes.

Last edited:
2.0 Tourney Season 2

Semi-Final: We Love Speed

I found this theme difficult. A fast moving car is something we deal with frequently here at GTPlanet! So how do you make it special?

I originally messed around with the idea of 2 wheels in the air to emphasize speed. Here they are:

But I wasn't happy with them. So I then experimented with motion blur:

I really wasn't happy with this one - I'd flattened the background - it looked like the cars were positioned in front of a theatre backdrop - no depth at all!! So I remixed it to this just for fun!!:

But I still wasn't happy. Nothing was screaming out at me. So back to the drawing board - or to Motegi Ring with the Mazda VGT - a classic pose speed shot and a realistic panning 1 shot. I was looking for a new location that doesn't get used much...

I couldn't make the tarmac work at all.

Really pleased with this one. This was a 'nearly entry'!

Then out of frustration I took the Sauber C9 to the Nordschleife. I needed to tell a story: Breaking dawn, thunderous weather, rain, spray, darkness, speed and danger.

The photoshoot was terrible to begin with. Something was missing. The C9 looked plasticky. So I raced it again but this time I hit a few barriers and cars - just a small amount to cause discolouration rather than bumpy bodywork. I also employed the motion blur technique on the trees and emphasized the purple of the darkness and the yellow of the lights:

Final Entry

And of course, after every race is the victory lap back to the pits!

The graffiti is all in game!! Wish it was like this round the rest of the track!!!

Last edited:
2.0 Tourney Season 2

FINAL: Open Theme (Ugh!)

Jeez!! I hate open themes!! I had a few rejects - they were never in the running but they allowed me to build up a head of steam:

I wanted to evoke a feeling of loneliness here, but it's too static and flat. Though I like the trailers in the distance!!

An Aston in Green!! (in front of the Aston hoarding down the pit straight at Nurburgring)

Then I messed about with the Toyota 2000GT:

This was inspired by George's winner in season 1.

Over worked. The architecture was just too basic to begin with.

Then I saw @Stopforpetrol amazing BMW Z4 shot!! So I had a play with the Z4 to see what it could give:

I eventually added one of @ShaolinMasta 's textures as it needed something more than the 2.0 rules!!

Then I thought about glowing discs:

Glowing disc, motion blur and an under used beast of a car!!! (My go to car for the 15 laps of Brands Hatch race)

Then I thought carefully about colour - complimentary colours - blue/purple vs yellow/orange - time to drag out the Raybrig HSV:

I wanted a hint of the ferris wheel at Suzuka in the spray but the advert hoarding over the hood was to clear for this shot to be a winner - its all I see when I look at this shot, that flipping hoarding!!.

Then I went back to Werner's BMW Z4 shot - the close focal length works really well in a shot like that. So I took out the NismoTV GT-R, got the brakes nice and hot, some darkness and rain at the Nurb. It had to be different from my semi-final shot otherwise forget it. And it had to be as different as possible from George's style - I needed gritty, in-ya-face, unsubtle, brash, that leaves you with the smell of rubber in your nostrils!! I needed a story! The danger of the braking zone in the darkness at the Ring!

I nearly got there!!!

Final Entry

All it needs are a few textures, some rain edited in and it's there! It was good to be able to give George a run for his money - at least for a while!

Last edited:
Awesome work man! Love reading/seeing your thought process behind each shot and how you go on to develop your ideas further. Impressive! 👍

I usually never put that much thought into my shots, I just point the camera at the car and go "Hey, that looks nice..." Then proceed to molest my images in Photoshop until I get it looking how I want it to look. But then again I rarely compete in competitions. Not really my thing since I don't like having restrictions when creating art, I'm a bit of a free spirit haha! :lol:

I don't know what you were talking about being "not worthy" earlier. All these shots are brilliantly thought out and well executed. :drool:

Hey Eric - You certainly had my vote !! 👍 :crazy:

Bro I believe we all inspire each other and we get inspired with shots like yours and a bunch of guy's on planet !!

The thing is only after one has entered, only then do you see the mistakes &/or realize something else might have been better.

The pic i have included here was my second choice for our round as i really thought I had something with the Lambo rear.

Anyway congrats on going all the way :bowdown::bowdown:

t entry.jpg

Awesome work man! Love reading/seeing your thought process behind each shot and how you go on to develop your ideas further. Impressive! 👍

I usually never put that much thought into my shots, I just point the camera at the car and go "Hey, that looks nice..." Then proceed to molest my images in Photoshop until I get it looking how I want it to look. But then again I rarely compete in competitions. Not really my thing since I don't like having restrictions when creating art, I'm a bit of a free spirit haha! :lol:

I don't know what you were talking about being "not worthy" earlier. All these shots are brilliantly thought out and well executed. :drool:
Thanks man!!! I appreciate that!:cheers:
I normally am a point and shoot, but the pressure is quite intense - you've got no idea what your competitor is up to, so I like to cover all the bases! (Doesn't always work!!)
I must try a R!CE style skyline edit at some point!👍
Hey Eric - You certainly had my vote !! 👍 :crazy:

Bro I believe we all inspire each other and we get inspired with shots like yours and a bunch of guy's on planet !!

The thing is only after one has entered, only then do you see the mistakes &/or realize something else might have been better.

The pic i have included here was my second choice for our round as i really thought I had something with the Lambo rear.

Anyway congrats on going all the way :bowdown::bowdown:

View attachment 377389
Great shot Werner!! I tried and failed with the Lambo-Nurb shot!!!:lol:
I know what you mean about realizing your mistakes once they are posted!!!
Cheers Bro:cheers:

Thanks man!!! I appreciate that!:cheers:
I normally am a point and shoot, but the pressure is quite intense - you've got no idea what your competitor is up to, so I like to cover all the bases! (Doesn't always work!!)
I must try a R!CE style skyline edit at some point!👍

I look forward to your GTR edit!

But that "I'm Batman!" edit though... Illuminati confirmed?!

The cool thing with your post here is that I discover pics I missed on flickr (and on the other parts of the forum) :)
Superb work as usual, both on the artistic way and the realistic one. There are too much photos to give you a detailed comment so I will just take some times and visit your flickr gallery, see you there ;)

Mind blown! :eek::eek:
Thanks Peter, great to see you back around these parts!:cheers:
I look forward to your GTR edit!

But that "I'm Batman!" edit though... Illuminati confirmed?!
:lol: Glad you like it!!:cheers:
The cool thing with your post here is that I discover pics I missed on flickr (and on the other parts of the forum) :)
Superb work as usual, both on the artistic way and the realistic one. There are too much photos to give you a detailed comment so I will just take some times and visit your flickr gallery, see you there ;)
Thanks for all your great comments Jérémy, I always value your comments:tup:cheers:
Awesome work @Giulietta73 . One word to say about your shots, inspirational.

Keep it up :)

Thanks Zam!! :) Good to see you back too!!:cheers:

Back