Glitches, Bugs & Disappointments Thread

• Thread starter Fezz_ST
  • 54 comments
Sometimes when I resume a championship in the middle of a championship (even if I quit and reload the game) I get zero credits and XP for the next race. I'd heard about people experiencing this bug in Forza 4 but hadn't encountered it until now.

I guess this is going to happen due to the sheer size of the map (the same as floating trees), but these made me giggle:

8uamWA.jpg

ZocbNx.jpg

I've also found a geometry gap near one of the highway bridges that lets you see straight out of the environment.

deleted - already moaned about above (0cr bug)

Last edited:
The people in this game are like Zombies anyway :P

Like the dude you play as, you can smash into a Tree at 200mph, Drive the car of a cliff, Roll numerous times, and his just there at the wheel like "Meh whatever" :D

For a while, I noticed that sometimes a drivatar will glitch or something. For instance, this drivatar just stood still, it didn't even react when I rammed it.

Came across a massive glitch yesterday. Just bought a second One and we did a private session, where it actually picked Storm Island races and kept us on the mainland. First you were supposed to drive to some random spot on the mainland map, and then it started the race from there. There was no line to follow, nothing, percentage seemed to stay at 0%, no matter what you did. Only way to finish the race was to drop out and get back in to join the next race. Even asked us to do three laps of nothing. lol

For a while, I noticed that sometimes a drivatar will glitch or something. For instance, this drivatar just stood still, it didn't even react when I rammed it.

Encountered this several times, once even came across an entire group of cars standing still in the same spot.

I'm a bit worried since the latest update. Some of the race winning A class 799 tunes I downloaded are now reclassifying themselves as race losing S1 810-815 tunes when entered in events. Worse, it's impossible to go back to the garage and load a new 799 or 800pp tune since they also seem to gain fifteen points or so once the event is started. Thanks Playground.

[EDIT] Noticed this funny mid air glitch when finishing a Rivals event the other day. It's a party in the sky.

Last edited:
Strange glitch today

The road just disappeared than crashed into an invisible wall and couldn't move.. Hoping this is a one off

Another one I have is if Nice is the last venue I race at on a road tour, when returning to the Horizon festival the game likes to freeze.. Any other venue it's ok, but for whatever reason it doesn't like Nice

Which is annoying as Nice is my favourite of the 6 venues

I had an odd glitch yesterday whilst online.

Joined an S2 class road trip and when it showed the scores before the first race, my Beetle GRC's PI index showed S2 100. :confused:

Ironically, that PI would've made it have 1 PI less than a stock classic Beetle. :lol:

I have a couple more problems with FH2:

1. The animations need some tweaking. I notice the driver shifting paddle-gear style on cars that don't have a paddle shift, that kind of thing can ruin the immersion for some people.

2. I see some cars backfiring from the back when they have side-exhausts.

Sorry for double-posting, but I have a big dissappointment to share about FH2's newest expansion pack.

It's not an expansion pack, but it's instead a game. I'm sorry, but why?! Why make the Fast & Furious content it's own game where it's not necessary?! I mean, Turn 10 basically modelled a bunch of new cars to be only availible in it's own, little game that uses the FH2 engine. That and a few races does not warrant making it a game, it should have been like the "Storm Island" pack and be an extension of Forza Horizon 2.

Seriously, what's the point of modelling a few new cars if I can't even use them in the other races on FH2 or modify them?

EDIT: Forza Horizon 2 now has the F&F expansion cars in the full game. So, my previous point about modelling cars for one, small game is now moot.

Last edited:
An annoying thing keeps happening to me lately.

When I complete a road trip and head back to the hub for the awards party.. The game freezes.

Has happened more than once now and frankly it's just flat out annoying.

Okay, time to get some things off my chest about the game:

1) Why can't we control the weather/time of day when in free roam? This is something Burnout Paradise allowed. I think the game really comes alive when it is raining and/or night time. And is it just me, or does rain not last longer than a few minutes? I think it's a shame effort was put into adding weather, but the game chooses when we can appreciate it.

2) Many have said this already but I'll say it again, not being able to choose the car class you want for online road trips is just dumb.

3) While money is not hard at all to get thanks to VIP wheelspins and Forza Rewards, it's still odd that cars can't be sold.

4) Now the big one: The career mode doesn't really feel like a career mode.

I'm pretty disappointed by the lack of any sort of rivalry or spirit of competition in this game, which was very prominent in the orginal Horizon. Sure, at the beginning of the game, you get the idea that you have to impress Ben but he acts more like a tour guide. You don't even race him at any point in the game, despite it being pointed out that he's the best driver.

As cliche as it was, I liked the underdog plot in Horizon 1. It made beating Darius Flynt and the other hot shots more satisfying. And because this is missing from Horizon 2, the build up to the Horizon Finale just isn't there like in the orginal game. That event is supposed to be the climax, but it didn't feel like it. I'm just doing road trips from one championship to the next, not getting the impression that I'm facing more skilled and elite drivers. In my initial 15 championships, I started with Class D cars and worked my way up to the S2 cars, just so I could get that feeling of progression. Even the colored wristbands don't feel like they have a purpose in this game.

Don't get me wrong, the racing in is still a lot of fun but it sort of feels like I'm completing a checklist of races to do instead of a career. Perhaps this is the result of the game letting you choose whatever car you want to do championships in.

I understand elements in the orginal Horizon like the trash talking rivals were probably left out so the game can appeal to more "mature" players, but let's be honest, nothing in Horizon is about being professional.

But despite these things, I still love this game to death. If I could use my CSR with it, I doubt I would play any other racing game, until Horizon 3 comes out anyway.

Disapointment:
Duracell Car Pack:
Z28 Camaro '15: Actually a car I kinda wanted in the game.
Honda Civic '86: Ok I guess, but just put all the FH2 360 cars in one pack and call it that.
RS4 Avant '01: Are you just raiding the 360 car list randomly?
Mazda Cosmo: :D
M5 E34: Terrible looking and the E39 drives bad too so I expect this one will as well.
Lotus Carlton: Awful. Just awful.
EDIT: Removed all the D's

I don't now if this is a bug but it really annoys me
bfrgbrbe.jpg

i can understand that the xbox one is not the most powerful machine ever but atleast in the photomode they can bump up the reflection quality, and the wheels don't even reflect. All there pr shot had good quality reflections, i hope they will patch it.
1455925a-67fe-4489-aa62-b994e162e1f5.jpg
196533.jpg

Latest Posts

Back