Global Protests Against Social Distancing, Lockdown, Vaccine Mandate

• Thread starter Dotini
  • 766 comments
Didn't realize VBR changed his name again.
Any protests around texas you want to share in the thread about protests? Or does every thread on GTP have to turn into a "lets show our hatred for people who have wrong opinions" thread? Celebrating Herman Cain awards in the covid thread or posting twitter screen shots in the right wing hate thread (also know as the political meme thread) isn't enough for you?

right wing hate thread (also know as the political meme thread)
Spider Man Lol GIF

Any protests around texas you want to share in the thread about protests? Or does every thread on GTP have to turn into a "lets show our hatred for people who have wrong opinions" thread? Celebrating Herman Cain awards in the covid thread or posting twitter screen shots in the right wing hate thread (also know as the political meme thread) isn't enough for you?
Telling me what I can & can't respond to?

How 1984 of you.

Telling me what I can & can't respond to?

How 1984 of you.
Wut??? I'm not telling you what to do, I asked you a question. You can do whatever you want but it is annoying seeing the same people going out of their way to be as spitefull as they can be all the time. But hey, why even bother having thread titles and forum sections because you can do whatever you want.
Spitefull mutants.png

Pretty sure discussion about protests and what is being protested is still topical. Crying about how people post on the topic (and in other threads, for some reason) is certainly less so.

Wut??? I'm not telling you what to do, I asked you a question. You can do whatever you want but it is annoying seeing the same people going out of their way to be as spitefull as they can be all the time. But hey, why even bother having thread titles and forum sections because you can do whatever you want.
View attachment 1108293
First off, you're not asking a question. You're projecting your clear anger over being called out for sharing another idiot Twitter user.

Second off, I didn't even quote you for a reason, so you could quite clearly scroll by.

Third, don't play "high & mighty" here after your response was a picture crying 1984. You replied a snarky response, you got one back.

Last edited:
First off, you're not asking a question. You're projecting your clear anger over being called out for sharing another idiot Twitter user.

Second off, I didn't even quote you for a reason, so you could quite clearly scroll by.

Third, don't play "high & mighty" here after your response was a picture decrying 1984. You replied a snarky response, you got one back.
Ok, so you're going to continue to derail the thread I guess. Congrats on having another thread where you and your palls can enjoy your daily dose of hate.

Ok, so you're going to continue to derail the thread I guess. Congrats on having another thread where you and your palls can enjoy your daily dose of hate.
Helpful hint: If you had responded with #571 post first instead of the 1984 picture, I would never have replied back. That's the entire reason I didn't quote you as to not engage a discussion. Take some blame yourself for being the counter-part in this.

:lol:

His voice is shuddering. She's tiny and his voice is shuddering. He sounds like he's about to cry.

These may not be the champions that they make themselves out to be.

His voice is shuddering. She's tiny and his voice is shuddering. He sounds like he's about to cry.

These may not be the champions that they make themselves out to be.

The "throwing a tantrum" title was unnecessary. That was about as civil a conversation as I've ever heard over an objection to masks.

TB
The "throwing a tantrum" title was unnecessary. That was about as civil a conversation as I've ever heard over an objection to masks.
I agree it was certainly overstating the video that was presented. That account is kind of given to sensationalism, and sometimes the material it presents lives up to it but some of it doesn't. I posted it for the video.

Farmers are now joining the truckers.

Just checking here... the protest is that they think they're entitled to cross national borders unvaccinated? This is a demand for less stringent rules about border crossings? Am I hearing this correctly? I must be misunderstanding...

Last edited:
Wait, I was told "either you belive (sic) the country should have control over immigration and therefore some immigration laws are needed or you propose open borders."

They just want open borders.

Just checking here... the protest is that they think they're entitled to cross national borders unvaccinated? This is a demand for less stringent rules about border crossings? Am I hearing this correctly? I must be misunderstanding...
Not sure how they all feel about border crossings but the protest is about vaccine mandates.

Not sure how they all feel about border crossings but the protest is about vaccine mandates.
Specifically about vaccination mandates at border crossing - at least as best I could tell in a few minutes of research. Am I wrong on this?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/canada-truckers-vaccine-freedom-convoy-b2002738.html
Until Saturday 15 January 2022, Canada’s lorry drivers were granted a federal exemption from vaccine requirements to enable them to cross the border into the US and back without having to show proof of inoculation against the coronavirus.

Now that privilege has expired, unvaccinated drivers returning from the US face having to quarantine for 14 days, although this requirement would only apply to a minority of around 16,000 drivers given that 85 per cent of their colleagues have had their jabs, according to the Canadian Trucking Alliance.

Last edited:
The hashtag "#FluTruxKlan" is unsurprisingly trending.

The hashtag "#FluTruxKlan" is unsurprisingly trending.
See, one one hand I kinda hate that since it at least somewhat devalues the horrible things The Klan did/have done.

On the other hand...that's really damn funny. :lol:

Last edited:
The idiots in Ottawa have been seen waving Nazi flags around the Confederation Square and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier monument.

The Canadian Tomb of the Unknown Soldier (French: Tombe du Soldat Inconnu) is a tomb situated before the National War Memorial in Confederation Square, Ottawa, Ontario. The tomb is dedicated to Canadian service members, and holds the remains of an unidentified Canadian soldier who died in France during the First World War; selected from a Commonwealth War Grave near Vimy, in the vicinity where the Battle of Vimy Ridge took place.

This is a new kind of stupid.

Back