Global Protests Against Social Distancing, Lockdown, Vaccine Mandate

• Thread starter Dotini
  • 766 comments
Comments are probably disabled because it would get very ugly very quickly if they weren’t. Same reason why they don’t want to put their full names in the videos.
If you mean people arguing, I doubt it. The anti-vaxxers are the ones busy trolling other, more rational, youtube videos making their comment sections pretty ugly at times.

More likely that whoever is publishing these knows that any benefit of presenting 'professionals' saying these things would be lost if the rest were able to chime in with random nonsense. OTOH, the choice of quotes for the thumbnails indicates fewer brain cells than that, so I coud be wrong!

The point is that mandates already exist for them for between 4 and 8 vaccines/immunisations, to be doing the jobs they claim to have they must already have these or they would not have the job - these are not optional. Something that utterly undermines the claims they are making about either Covid vaccinations or mandates.
Also, it just makes sense that if you're in a role where your job is to help other people with their health that Step 1 is not to get them more sick. That's why we stopped giving people leeches and mercury enemas.

On the other hand, I guess people are still taking hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin so we didn't all make it out of the dark ages.

Mandates are useless.
No they are not (I await your peer reviewed paper to categorically prove otherwise)

I am fully vaxed and boosted. I could be working in a nursing home. I have covid.
As has already been explained to you, been vaxed and boosted doesn't stop you getting Covid, it does however significantly reduce the chances of you getting it, significantly reduces the severity of it should you get it and significantly reduces the transmission rates of it.

Where is yours?
The efficacy of vaccine mandates as a whole has long been established.

That article is from October, before Omicron.
But as you insist

I have more if you like, but the TL: DR (as I just know that's the case) is that dependent on the vaccine used you need either at least two jabs, or two and a booster to gain maximum efficacy against Omnicron, which makes mandates not just more important, but demonstrates that they work!

Last edited:
While I'm absolutely with what people are saying about it, I feel like I need to point out that they seem to be addressing the efficacy of the vaccine itself rather than the efficacy of vaccine mandates.

The aim of vaccine mandates is to increase vaccine uptake. They work, though they're similar to vaccines themselves in that they're not expected to work in every instance. Vaccine mandates are probably most likely to work for people who aren't opposed to vaccination but thus far haven't been sufficiently compelled to get vaccinated. Vaccine mandates are certainly less likely to work for ideologues.

Oh and one who got vaccinated because they were subject to a mandate demonstrates the efficacy of said mandate. That much is obvious. It should also be obvious that the experience of one who is vaccinated but not because they were subject to a mandate says nothing of mandate efficacy. To reject these truths is peak Trumpism.

It's still sad that people think that they are immune from Covid if they get the vaccine. No, you are less likely (I think I heard 17 times less likely) to be hospitalized and/or die from Covid-19 if you get the vaccine. You can still easily get Covid and pass it on to others so even if you personally don't get sick, you can get others sick. This is why I find it staggering that so many people put themselves (I got the vaccine, why should I care what I do as long as I'm okay) before others when dealing with a global pandemic.

Last edited:
As I understand it, in order to spread the virus you have to be sick long enough to pass the virus onto someone else. Vaccines help prevent this by giving people's bodies the tools to fight the virus by developing antibodies.

In order for variants to form you also have to be sick for a long enough time. Vaccines prevent this as well by lessening the symptoms and making it less likely that you're sick enough for the virus to mutate into a new and potentially more deadly and/or infectious variant.

The more people who are vaccinated, the less chance the virus has to spread and mutate.

People who refuse to be vaccinated are turning themselves into walking petri dishes by providing an environment within their bodies for the virus to thrive. They're making it worse for everyone.

Last edited:
Maybe someone here can answer a question I was asked by a work colleague.

She is fully vaxxed but is reluctant to get a booster. She's worried about possible issues occurring from the vaccine (she stated heart issues etc.) I did point on the benefits outweighed the negatives and as she is already vaxxed its a moot point anyway. However she is also worried about what's exactly in the vial. I couldn't find a conclusive answer at to what is there. I provided articles about what the vaccine is but couldn't provide the contents being injected into her arm. I suggested it's possible just saline with the vaccine but I eventually told her to ask her Dr as they will now much better than myself.

However she is also worried about what's exactly in the vial. I couldn't find a conclusive answer at to what is there. I provided articles about what the vaccine is but couldn't provide the contents being injected into her arm. I suggested it's possible just saline with the vaccine but I eventually told her to ask her Dr as they will now much better than myself.
Pfizer is made into doses from a master vial with 0.9% saline, Moderna & AZ are diluted with purified water.

Maybe someone here can answer a question I was asked by a work colleague.

She is fully vaxxed but is reluctant to get a booster. She's worried about possible issues occurring from the vaccine (she stated heart issues etc.) I did point on the benefits outweighed the negatives and as she is already vaxxed its a moot point anyway. However she is also worried about what's exactly in the vial. I couldn't find a conclusive answer at to what is there. I provided articles about what the vaccine is but couldn't provide the contents being injected into her arm. I suggested it's possible just saline with the vaccine but I eventually told her to ask her Dr as they will now much better than myself.
As @Famine pointed out, they're just diluted/mixed with saline or purified water. The Pfizer vaccine is switching from purple tops to grey tops which changes when the mixture occurs though. With purple tops the pharmacist does it and with the grey tops, they're coming pre-mixed from the manufacturer.

As for the actual ingredients? Pfizer has messenger ribonucleic acid, some lipid compounds (fats), salts, and sugar in it. Here's the breakdown of ingredients for the vaccines available in the US (Pfizer, Moderna, and Janssen). The information for AZ is on this page. The AZ vaccine is pretty similar to Pfizer though.

Thank you @Famine & @Joey D much appreciated.

I don’t know where her fear has come from but she has two small babies and ensuring she’s topped up and in a safer position than without is a priority I would have thought.

VBR
Mass Formation Lemmings.png
The delicious irony of representing this point with the long-debunked Lemmings myth is renaissance masterwork stuff.
VBR
If you'd like to have a conversation or debate about the merit or lack thereof regarding Mass Formation, that would be great. However, that would include the need to first take responsibility for understanding the concept so as to put yourself in the position of being able to formulate a high resolution critique. If all you want to do is pedantically point out the blindingly obvious, which takes no effort at all, and then engage in friutless tit for tat, I have no interest in that whatsoever. What say you?
I think @Max was just pointing out the irony that you're decrying the use of fact checkers using a crudely-edited cartoon about a provably false phenomenon of mass lemming suicide.

Presumed context for this below:
The concept being that anyone who believes government stats regarding the vaccine has been hypnotised into doing so.

Last edited:
Lol at using another subforum/thread to push his nonsense & finally getting called out on it. New sig incoming.

The Funny Pic Thread VII is becomming a woke cesspit of illogic, prejudice, and intolerance.

I wonder how exactly GTPlanet are supposed to be gagging him anyway. Did he have his posts deleted or edited or his username banned? I thought he just ran away.

Looks like Novax lost his appeal with the Australian government and won't be swinging his thingy to hit a fuzzy ball in the country for a while.

Looks like Novax lost his appeal with the Australian government and won't be swinging his thingy to hit a fuzzy ball in the country for a while.
That MIGHT be the last time actually. He won't be allowed back until 2025 and he may not be playing at that point.

Well it's about someone other than the same four guys over the past 20 years or so had a shot at a Grand Slam...

Back