Global Protests Against Social Distancing, Lockdown, Vaccine Mandate

• Thread starter Dotini
  • 766 comments
I'm not sure what you mean by this. The Shrine itself pissed people off or that it was pissed on (in which case you may want to check how you've quoted my post as the forum does occasionally chop off a good chunk when you highlight and quote) pissed people off?
Yes re-reading it I can see your confusion, the use of the word pissed in that context wasn't the best choice of word. 👍

As @CLowndes888 says the whole notion of them protesting at the Shrine is what infuriated the many of the public. The Shrine is almost sacred to so many people here and it's just a no no that you use the site to protest never mind urinate on it.

As @CLowndes888 says the whole notion of them protesting at the Shrine is what infuriated the many of the public. The Shrine is almost sacred to so many people here and it's just a no no that you use the site to protest never mind urinate on it.
Not gonna lie, I didn't even realize that wasn't you who responded.

Smaller protest in the Netherlands from a vegan restaurant that refused to check their guests corona-pas QR-code. The restaurant has been forcefully closed now.

The go fund me campaign for the restaurant is currently at € 247.000.

More protesting in the Netherlands today against the Corona pas.

And there seem to have been 12 protest weekends in a row in Paris.

I think part of the reason for the supply chain issues, at least in the US, is that dock workers and truck drivers are simply walking away from the job instead of complying with the Biden mandate.

Last edited:
How is it that they seem to think they know a lot of what's happening here in Australia if it's not being reported? :odd:

The protests, which were largely infiltrated by anti-vax groups and alt-right nut jobs, have been very widely reported on by MSM but the alt-right nut jobs have just been distorting what's been happening here in their coverage. They turn their cameras away at any sign of ''protesters'' starting trouble with the police first, cut the bit where the old lady deliberately manoeuvres herself into the path of the retreating police so she gets knocked over (the pepper spray was a bit much though), cut the bit where the other old lady lying on the ground being arrested wig falls off and it's actually a 35 year old man just trying to get the police into trouble. Peaceful protests my arse!

I mean, seriously?!?!
E_xxnXiVcAMwG7a.jpg

Last edited:
The protests, which were largely infiltrated by anti-vax groups and alt-right nut jobs, have been very widely reported on by MSM but the alt-right nut jobs have just been distorting what's been happening here in their coverage. They turn their cameras away at any sign of ''protesters'' starting trouble with the police first, cut the bit where the old lady deliberately manoeuvres herself into the path of the retreating police so she gets knocked over (the pepper spray was a bit much though), cut the bit where the other old lady lying on the ground being arrested wig falls off and it's actually a 35 year old man just trying to get the police into trouble. Peaceful protests my arse!
Say, that sounds like the sort of stuff Andy Ngo pulls.

Say, that sounds like the sort of stuff Andy Ngo pulls.
I don't know who he is but if he's the type yelling ''they're trying to divide us'' while trying to divide us then yes, just like him.

Edit: I don't follow world politics as closely as I should.

Last edited:
How is it that they seem to think they know a lot of what's happening here in Australia if it's not being reported? :odd:

I mean, seriously?!?!
View attachment 1086420
Wait: people are walking around in Australia with Trump/Keep America Great flags?!:ouch:

Last edited:
I don't know who he is but if he's the type yelling ''they're trying to divide us'' while trying to divide us then yes, just like him.

I don't know about him being vocal against division, but he certainly relies heavily on manipulated media to spread disinformation about those he opposes.

Somebody I "follow" on Twitter--a former federal prosecutor and now First Amendment and defamation litigator, but key to my interest, a political and legal satirist--filed papers in response to a frivolous cease and desist order to an online activist on behalf of Ngo's "The Post Millennial" outlet and subsequently documented harassment by an Ngo supporter (and convicted felon) that included threats and privileged personal information.

The aforementioned response was masterful, by the way. I posted it
here.

Um, nope.

That picture is from a dispute between two buildings and were garbage can be stacked. It's got nothing to do with vaccine mandates, your link doesn't use it and doesn't even conclusively link delays to mandates, they repeatedly use 'may' and 'could'.

Last edited:
I'm just curious where these people are going to work that are leaving their jobs. It's not like being a cop, firefighter, or sanitation worker have transferrable skills.

Also, having been to NYC a handful of times, I think having trash piled up in the streets is relatively common is it not? It seems like where ever I went in the city, there was just garbage everywhere.

I'm just curious where these people are going to work that are leaving their jobs. It's not like being a cop, firefighter, or sanitation worker have transferrable skills.
Police and firefighters are getting similar employment in jurisdictions without mandates. But since record numbers of people are leaving their jobs all over the country (see Great Resignation), employers are hiring feverishly to replace those who leave. A lot of folks want to work from home after getting a taste of it during the lockdowns.

A lot of them are bluffing & the right shares it all over Facebook. The police union threatened 10,000 officers would quit but as of today, only 34 did not comply. The NYPD vaccination rate is 85%, a 15-point jump over last week.
Police Commissioner Dermot Shea said 34 cops and 40 civilian members of the force — which account for fewer than 0.15% of NYPD employees — did not comply with Mayor Bill de Blasio’s mandate requiring most city workers to get their first jab by Monday.

“That’s very fluid. That could go up as the day goes on,” said Shea, referring to NYPD members forced on unpaid leave, while adding that applications for medical or religious exemptions are still pending.

“It could also go down and people get their vaccinations,” he added at the mayor’s daily press conference.
The NYPD’s current vaccination rate was 85% Monday morning, which reflects a nearly 15-point jump from the start of last week, leaving just under 8,000 uniformed and civilian members without the jab.

It's no different in the fire houses that NYPost attempts to scare readers on, whilst the vaccination rates jump significantly which shows firefighters are willing to stay & work through a mandate.
In the New York Fire Department, that number increased from 58 to 77 per cent, and in the Department of Sanitation it leapt from 62 to 83 per cent.

More rioting in the Netherlands to protest Covid measures.

This is what the Covid situation is currently in the Netherlands with new cases at double the rate they have been at any prior point in the pandemic.

Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 1.59.39 AM.jpg

Given that it's the Netherlands, bicycles were used as weapons ... & were also the subject of vandalism. Burning people's bicycles is apparently a way of sticking it to the Establishment in the Netherlands. :odd:

Last edited:
More rioting in the Netherlands to protest Covid measures.

This is what the Covid situation is currently in the Netherlands with new cases at double the rate they have been at any prior point in the pandemic.

View attachment 1095174

Given that it's the Netherlands, bicycles were used as weapons ... & were also the subject of vandalism. Burning people's bicycles is apparently a way of sticking it to the Establishment in the Netherlands. :odd:
An angry mob will destroy whatever they can get their hands on and we heve bicycles everywhere in the Netherlands.

Edit: Not just bikes
Politie.jpg

Last edited:
How is it a medical apartheid? :odd:

As an anti-vaxxer you have the right to screw society over by refusing the vaccine, and in return society has the right to screw you over by denying you access to certain things until the pandemic is over. Seems like a perfectly fair deal to me.

As an anti-vaxxer you have the right to screw society over by refusing the vaccine
"Anti-vaxxer" are not making the decisions that restrict your movement. This is top tier blame shifting. Western governments have ignored early warnings of a declining health care system and are now trying to blame the problems of health care capacity on the unvaccinated. This proces has been going on for years now. You don't down scale your health care system when you have an aging population but thats what my government has done.
and in return society has the right to screw you over by denying you access to certain things until the pandemic is over.
Why stop there? Let's do the same for people who are overweight? The majority of the covid patients in the ICU are overweight (78%). I don't think we should by the way...

When we start to see fat people out on the street and online actively campaigning against calorie controlled diets, perhaps the two situations would be more comparable.

Last edited:
"Anti-vaxxer" are not making the decisions that restrict your movement.
I’m vaccinated, so I’m on the unrestricted side of the “apartheid”. And, crucially, the anti-vaxxer can be too if they just make the choice to take the vaccine (or get frequent PCR tests when that is an option).

Vaccination only works when the vast majority of the population uses it. People who oppose vaccines for no valid reason are a danger to society. Not because they are more likely to end up in hospital (that’s why we have hospitals), but because they sabotage the efforts to combat this pandemic and other preventable diseases.

Back