GM Full Size Trucks In General - 2019 Debuts

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 524 comments
Of course they did. I'm fairly certain it is focus groups' job to pump the tires of anything ever made.

The problem, like the Camaro redesign, is when you put it out into the real world. Then it looks silly.
In fact, I'm pretty sure they tried to die on that same hill for the current Camaro on the same reasoning. "People who actually buy these cars love how the current Camaro looked and they loved how the imperceptibly different all new Camaro looked, so we even carried over the problems of the previous car for authenticity."

Then those people started buying Challengers and Mustangs instead so it got an emergency nose job within two years.

This design somehow does remind me of another pickup truck that's small and mostly just made specifically for ASEAN countries.

new-mitsubishi-triton-l200-image-06.jpg

The fascia of the 2019 Silverado actually looks decent with the standard grill but when they put on the ones that have 'CHEVROLET' embossed on that part, I became disappointed on how it turned out to be and finally grasped how everybody felt about it.
THIS! On my way to a job site and saw what I thought was indeed a really big Triton. Off white dual cab Silverado.

Do you have any picture of that? Rofl. I knew they both look similar in the front.
No. I drive with my phone in my pocket. I did scramble to take it out for some Porsche photos recently( i had to. Don't often see a 356 coupe driving around ;) ). It's weird because I can't tell sometimes. I see so many new kei cars, pick up trucks, exotic cars in moving traffic going the opposite ways. Many at intersections and there's no way I can take a photo so, I don't bother to keep my phone out. I know the rules are "pics or it didn't happen", but that's the way it is.

Anyway, at the rate I'm seeing these trucks, I'll get one on my phone, eventually.

No. I drive with my phone in my pocket. I did scramble to take it out for some Porsche photos recently( i had to. Don't often see a 356 coupe driving around ;) ). It's weird because I can't tell sometimes. I see so many new kei cars, pick up trucks, exotic cars in moving traffic going the opposite ways. Many at intersections and there's no way I can take a photo so, I don't bother to keep my phone out. I know the rules are "pics or it didn't happen", but that's the way it is.

Anyway, at the rate I'm seeing these trucks, I'll get one on my phone, eventually.
Lol.

You could also notice that both trucks have similarly shaped wheel wells, too. The impression that their designs give me is that they're trying hard to look more futuristic over some of their competitors.

How did they go from this:
D77FD1E5-6A00-4682-8BFF-E22691BFC6BC.jpeg

to this:
7C81A699-8F16-44C0-ACCC-65CEA7C3EA9C.jpeg

GM in particular seems to have, over the last decade, been in a competition with itself to make their cars as ugly and cartoonish as possible.

How did they go from this:View attachment 971344

to this:View attachment 971345

GM in particular seems to have, over the last decade, been in a competition with itself to make their cars as ugly and cartoonish as possible.

I keep being surprised how enduring this aggro-face design language has been, throughout the automotive world. I'm tired of the relentless scowls and grimaces and squinty headlights. Every car looks constipated.

I keep being surprised how enduring this aggro-face design language has been, throughout the automotive world. I'm tired of the relentless scowls and grimaces and squinty headlights. Every car looks constipated.
They remind me of tonka trucks. I think auto manufacturers (and consumers) have gotten in the rut of thinking that conservative car design is ‘boring’, and that the only way to make a car sell is to make it look exciting and aggressive. For cars, everything is slathered with gills and vents and wings to make even the most staid family car look like it’s about to turn laps at the Nurburgring. Meanwhile every truck/4x4 is made to look like a big industrial vehicle to appeal to the inner children who want something that looks like it belongs in a primary school sandpit. End result is car design has devolved into an arms race of ‘who can make the most ostentatious car possible’.

Last edited:
A couple weeks ago I mentioned something in the Opinions section about "everybody is an authoritarian". Something like that. Well, the car design world is further evidence that aggression is something that most people are attracted to, especially cars aimed at male audiences. It's like the entire country is one big giant football locker room and everybody is having a truck measuring contest. If it's not mean, it's not cool, and that's why trucks sell like hotcakes and the Super Bowl has so many views despite being 90% downtime. Americans love aggression.

Last edited:
Plus they didn't even copy it right. This minimalist all lowercase crap that's been going on since the mid-2000s got rid of color gradients around 2010.

Looks like a mobile application icon, what kind of drugs did GM consume while designing this?

Old post I know but I seen some of these "exclusive models" on the road. In general, Single cab short bed GM trucks seems to be very popular in the Gulf States especially in Saudia and Kuwait. That being said, it's mostly the LT/SLE 5.3 1500 that dominate the roads.

IMG-20210109-WA0008.jpg

On the other hand, you guys in the states and Canada get all the cool diesel models like Cummins, Powerstroke and Duramax on your RAM/Ford/GM trucks.

Those diesels are stupid amounts of money to keep on the road even when new. I would never buy one of those unless I hauled things for living.

Last edited:
Not really sure where to put this since it covers the entirety of GM's portfolio and then some. GM's CES presentation shows off their grand strategy for EVs, including some commercial delivery applications.

Let's hope the ZR2 has actually controllable lockers instead of that ridiculous auto-locker on the Trailboss that produces some wildly unpredictable grip characteristics. If you've ever wanted a truck that suddenly locks and launches itself into a tree or boulder the Trailboss is the vehicle for you.

Chevrolet estimates 400 miles of range on a single charge thanks to the largest Ultium battery pack created thus far. Dual motors turn all four wheels with as much as 664 horsepower (495 kilowatts) and over 780 pound-feet (1,063 Newton-meters) of torque. Engage Wide Open Watts (yes ... WOW) mode and Chevy says the big pickup will reach 60 mph in under 4.5 seconds. DC fast charging at 350kW will reclaim 100 miles of range in 10 minutes. Or if towing is your thing, the Silverado EV can handle a 10,000-pound trailer or 1,300 pounds in the bed.

1641432618727.png

1641432624855.png

1641432636096.png

1641432645907.png

1641432652547.png

1641432661057.png

Chevrolet's current plan has the Silverado EV WT arriving in the spring of 2023, with the RST following in the fall. It won't be any RST either, but a fully-optioned First Edition that Chevrolet says will cost $105,000, not including a destination charge of $1,695. Meanwhile, the WT will start at $41,595 (including destination) though Chevy doesn't specify if that includes the 400-mile range battery. Once production is rolling, additional Silverado EV trims spanning a price range from $40,000 to over $80,000 will follow, with at least one being a Trail Boss.

24" Rims available

I'm disappointed that it's just a Hummer EV. The Hummer is already an excessively large truck. Making a truck this large isn't going to help the environment even if it's electric

Back