GM Full Size Trucks In General - 2019 Debuts

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 524 comments
2020 GMC Sierra Denali 2500 spied:

sierra-denali-2500-crew-001-copy-1.jpg

sierra-denali-2500-crew-006-copy-1.jpg

https://www.autoblog.com/photos/2019-gmc-sierra-2500-spy-shots/#slide-7322854

Handsome workhorses. That's the way I look at GMC. For give-or-take 20 years, my mother owned a GMC Safari. It did my family well. From time to time, I spot a number of newer GMC on the road. Of GM trucks and SUVs, I love the Sierra and the Acadia. The newer Terrains look better than the previous model ones. The Colorado/Canyon is very handsome. From GMC's website, I saw the 2018 Sierra. Its front grill design is a little off, but it does look very nice. It looks better without the chrome outline with the future Sierra AT4.

I saw a few of them when I went to go buy mine Saturday...The Ram looks like a blimp, the F-series hit every branch of the last ugly tree they found, and then this happened...In person it looks like a frog mid-croak, the sides look even taller than they do in that picture, nothing flows at all, it just looks gaudy as hell.

Thankfully, their arrival meant I got a 2018 at a not-brain-melting price.

Well I can't wait to see that with a poorly installed lift kit, low profile "off-road" tires, American Force wheels, and purple halos. You can almost hear the Luke Bryant blasting from the Chinese brand subwoofers.

Did Chevy hire blind people for their design division in the past couple years? That makes the Silverado half tons look good by comparison, which is a tough thing to say!

I dont think the Fords are all to much better.

But I can tell you that the half tons at work aren't moving off the lot.

From the Jalopnik comments:
vlVoMxm.png

My opinions:
  • That crossbar. That crossbar. That dang crossbar. That's what ruins it.
  • People who do press images DO realize that not everyone wants a crew-cab, right? *Obligatory potshot of the day*
  • But yeah, oooooooof that grille.

I think they stole that front grille from here:

12ddb38f4f6f6fc458d86fbfadfcd689.jpg
I was thinking more from their old school Kodiaks. Not the best example by the shape it's in, but gets the point across.

Flatbed-Trucks-Chevrolet-Kodiak-12329702-thumb.jpg

It's so ugly that I love it.

And they did something I've been bitching about for years. Maybe they heard me arguing with my FSAE team mates, or maybe one of them got hired and called the shots. Or maybe they they listened to the NHTSA reports saying that truck headlights are awful.

They lowered the headlights quite a bit and that's a great thing not only for the driver's visbility, but more importantly for the visibility of oncoming traffic. Frankly, I think *all* road vehicles headlights should be mandated to be no higher than, say, and average sedan's headlight height currently. If headlights were low like that it would improve visibility and safety for everybody on the road.

I just cant help but see the whale from Pinocchio every time I look at it.

monstro.jpg

I mean seriously who looks at that at the design table and says "yeah that looks great!".

I don't get it. It is not the best looking truck but it is definitely not an "eww" truck.

Can't wait to see this in my rear view mirror....
47377769_10110433761959279_6617816241107107840_n.jpg

As if I wasn't blinded enough with all the lifted Silverados in Maine.
You won't see that because the headlights are the lowest lights in that stack, not the highest. Pretty sure in my post I mentioned how the fact they've lowered the headlights will be a good thing for visibility.

I like it, but then I'm not exposed to HD trucks more than maybe once a year anyway.

Man, only now are they showing the 2020 pictures, but there's already a 2030 Silverado in the works:
unknown.png

It's like someone took a regular front truck grille and selected it and did a copy paste to make it bigger in photoshop. It even has two sets of fog lights. It's the exact same front bumper.. twice.

Back