GM Full Size Trucks In General - 2019 Debuts

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 524 comments
Sounded good on startup, even better when you put your foot into it. Not as loud as our Avalanche, but, that's the point in an Escalade.

To me those are still way to quiet but I prefer a loud exhaust.

Anyways, I saw one of the new GMC trucks today. Looks alright. Nothing really new.

To me those are still way to quiet but I prefer a loud exhaust.

You can prefer loud exhausts all you want, but for GM to make the Escalade loud would be stupid. Most people don't want a loud, obnoxious vehicle, especially those in the market for a luxury vehicle.

I'm starting to come around to those tail lights on the Escalade now, I'd really love to see one in real life soon.

New HD trucks still using the GMT 9XX platform with the LMM engine. My father really wanted to upgrade from his old 04 F-450 dually. He was hoping GM would unveil a new DI diesel engine + powertrain. He might wait it out, or purchase a 2012 3500 dually LTZ. No use in buying a new truck model if there is no advancement in technology. Also GM planned on upping the price (a few thousand) of their trucks (business practice sorcery).

Looking like a nuclear bunker as usual:
2015-Chevrolet-Silverado-2500HD-LTZ-Z71-front-view.jpg

2015-GMC-Sierra-2500HD-front-view.jpg

I applaud Cadillac on the new Escalade. They really differentiated it from it's GMC/Chevrolet platform counterparts by incorporating tech from the other Cadi vehicles.

He was hoping GM would unveil a new DI diesel engine + powertrain.

It doesn't seem to be in the cards in the immediate future. GM cut a lot of their diesel development when the company went through bankruptcy in 2008. Plans originally called for having the CTS available with a small diesel V6, in addition to a new diesel V8 for use in the trucks and SUVs.

Depending on how well the new quarter-ton Ram diesel sells, I think, GM might do an affordable diesel Silverado or Sierra sooner than later.

I just fell in love with the first GM truck to come out (concept or not) since 1986. That is BEAUTIFUL. Well done GM.

The Cheyenne was an upscale model? Huh, I only new of the 90's bottom-dollar model(my dad had one).

Anyway, the concept. Maybe it's because they did something with the gap, maybe it's the height, or maybe the fact I'm not being blinded by more chrome than an old Cadillac, but I have to agree. It's awesome, but it doesn't need the skirt fins.

I think the skirt helps it. The fins can go, but in replacement a small cowl hood or scoop would be fitting.

I always like their performance trucks and their normal trucks when given a rational sized lift. Problem is GM doesn't do very many of them when they do (not like ford or dodge). Also it's a truck and I'm obviously going to buy a car with performance before I buy a 60k truck that doesn't fully go as far as the 40k or 50k car from the same group. Also how can you beat the S10 from back in the 90s with the Vette engine and tail lights if I remember correctly to match.

I always like their performance trucks and their normal trucks when given a rational sized lift. Problem is GM doesn't do very many of them when they do (not like ford or dodge). Also it's a truck and I'm obviously going to buy a car with performance before I buy a 60k truck that doesn't fully go as far as the 40k or 50k car from the same group. Also how can you beat the S10 from back in the 90s with the Vette engine and tail lights if I remember correctly to match.

The GMC Syclone ? It used a turbocharged 4.3 V6 as far as I remember, 0-60 in 4.3 seconds and 13 second quarters...pretty damned good for 1991 or so.

And I'd get the car also.

The GMC Syclone ? It used a turbocharged 4.3 V6 as far as I remember, 0-60 in 4.3 seconds and 13 second quarters...pretty damned good for 1991 or so.

I know what the Typhoon and Cyclone used, I looked up after I posted to see if I could find the truck. Which was from the late 90s it was shown on a long gone car show here in the states when I was a kid. But for the life of me I can't find the truck, and now that I think about it, it could have been a aftermarket shop that built it. It was during the same time as the C5. However, since I can't find it and I doubt anyone will either, I'll just have to say ignore what I said about the S10 Vette as rambling.

They also made a 454 SS truck, which might be what he's thinking about since it's about the size of an S10. It used obviously the big block 454 engine and was built from 1990-1993.That was pretty quick. It was slower than the turbo V6 truck though, only good for a mid 15 1/4 mile which is still really good given the time period.

Chevrolet-454-SS-photo-1.jpg

@Slashfan I wish it was but nope, this was the late 90s like 97. I was kid when I saw it and it was an s10 and haw circular rear lights but a single set not double like the vette. Though they may have been stacked...I don't know it was cool probably why I somewhat remember it.

I knew about the 454 and liked it a bit and even saw a couple.

The SSR? I remember when this truck was big, early 2000s I think (which would kind of be correct for your memory). It has round taillights kind of like a Vette. There's a few of these and 454 SS's running around here.

SSR.jpg

SSR.jpg

Nah, I would have remember it being that ugly beast. SSR and HHR aren't something you just forget sadly.

Anyways forget it I can't provide a source so ignore it. Thanks guys.

I've seen a couple S-10's up here with the corvette taillight mod in the bumper under the tailgate like this.

Attachments

• 25185550002_large.jpg
    25185550002_large.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 6
Nah, I would have remember it being that ugly beast. SSR and HHR aren't something you just forget sadly.

Anyways forget it I can't provide a source so ignore it. Thanks guys.
You got me on a role now and I want to find out what it was lol.

You sure it wasn't a custom vehicle?

Was the thing to do back in the day, throw a 350 TPI in a S-10 and do a few other mods like the tailights.
I just remember it being on a big time tv car show back then which is probably why I thought it was directly from chevy as a kid. :lol: I should post this on the "things I thought as a kid" thread.

Thanks again @Slashfan and @Mikeybc for trying to help though.

Sure, you can question the everyday abilities of a truck slathered in this much carbonfibre, but this looks right to me in a way the doofy, googly-eyed normal Silverado never can, especially from the rear. Interesting, at the very least.

I wouldn't call carbon fiber bumpers and a CF tailgate a lot of carbon fiber to be honest.

I remember a decade ago or so when you could literally see a dozen or so different GMT400 Silverados running around with that rear end design. Wouldn't surprise me if you saw that on an S10 as well.

I remember a decade ago or so when you could literally see a dozen or so different GMT400 Silverados running around with that rear end design. Wouldn't surprise me if you saw that on an S10 as well.
I remember that also though I was younger. I still see it occasionally.

It's not that they need to shrink, it's that they need to lose the platform shoes. My 97 F250 is taller, but the new ones are taller than it is. And I still prefer the 2005 Silverados.

Your 97 is built on the exact same chassis and cab/body as my 1985, and it's pretty tall (factory 2" lift and extra springs) but not anywhere near the magnitude of something like the new Ram. I have a picture of it next to an Avalanche and the Avalanche is monstrous. That said mine doesn't have the big tires on it in that picture either though.

I see virtually no reason that modern trucks need the enormous height and ground clearance that they have. Nobody takes these things rock crawling - worst case scenario they pull out of their suburban driveway and head for a construction site with a gravel parking lot. If they really need the ground clearance they can buy a lifted, big-tired FX4 or Z71. That's what they used to do, but nowadays the two-wheel drive versions are so cheap looking that nobody wants to be seen in one, just to convince people to spend the extra money on the nicer versions that are bigger, taller, shinier, and have 4WD standard.

I see virtually no reason that modern trucks need the enormous height and ground clearance that they have. Nobody takes these things rock crawling - worst case scenario they pull out of their suburban driveway and head for a construction site with a gravel parking lot. If they really need the ground clearance they can buy a lifted, big-tired FX4 or Z71. That's what they used to do, but nowadays the two-wheel drive versions are so cheap looking that nobody wants to be seen in one, just to convince people to spend the extra money on the nicer versions that are bigger, taller, shinier, and have 4WD standard.

But...but...I like my 2WD. Yes I 100% agree that 4WD's do not need to be so large. Even 2WD's are even too tall, why do they need to have such a tall front end? I understand they have to 'look' tough and muscular but I don't care to drive what looks like a transformer.

black2.png

Back