GM Full Size Trucks In General - 2019 Debuts

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 524 comments
By the looks of it, more appealing but the same cheap crap they've been using for years. No surprise from GM, though I am somewhat surprised the Chevys have a separate design from the trucks, as opposed to the tradition of enclose the bed for passengers then add windows.

I'm actually very surprised that the SUV interiors are this different from the pickups. I expected them to be much more truck-like, this new interior wouldn't seem entirely out-of-place in the Impala.

I mean, as of now, GM really stands alone in the full-size, BOF SUV market. You'd be kidding yourself if you thought the Expedition or Navigator were a better option than these two. And you'd still have to spend a lot more for a (smaller) Range Rover or Land Cruiser.

Well, at least the interiors are nice.

I'm more interested in the next Expedition. I'd rather have the Ford SUV than the GMs.

Keef
Well, at least the interiors are nice.

I'm more interested in the next Expedition. I'd rather have the Ford SUV than the GMs.

I can agree with that one, saying the interiors are nice.

The new Ford Expedition is said to have the front of the F-150 and is still not offered with Ford's Ecoboost engine, IIRC.

Hmm. Don't really like the Chevy versions. The Tahoe in particular looks awkward and out of proportion. The Denali looks good IMO, the Yukon XL looks good in a more utilitarian way. Wonder what the new Escalade will look like.

Wonder what the new Escalade will look like.

Although GM will likely say not, they'll build it straight off the Yukon Denali. The 6.2L V8 will likely be standard fare, along with a massive grille, swept-back headlamps just like the ATS/CTS/XTS, and a significantly upscale interior. I'd be guessing that materials will be on-par, or better than, those of the upgraded Corvette leather option. Needless to say, the pricing on the Escalade will likely be much more prohibitive than it has ever been before.

2015-Cadillac-Escalade-Interior-Spy-Photo-02-796x528.jpg

It's surprisingly good looking. That design language looks horrid on the cars but really fits the big and brash Escalade.

My reaction:

"Hey that looks good."
scrolls down, sees tail lights
"--Oh... goodness." :scared:

If they would have just stopped at the glass it'd be a great looking truck. Still, it looks like a Chevy that's been through a Cadillactater. The new design language only works well with cars.

I actually like the architectural elements. Only things I'd change are the grille (make a bit smaller, enlarge the lower grille) and the tail-lights... whih ought to have some separation somewhere in the middle.

Other than the tail lights I really like that actually. Looks good on the Cadillac, it's supposed to be big, brash, and gangster.

Why didn't they learn their lesson with the CTS-V wagon, dammit?!
i personally loved them and though it was key to helping the wagon stand out. Overall, the best looking CTS.

The tall lights are odd on a huge SUV (literally, the housings must be ridiculously tall and wide and expensive) but I still think it looks alright. Definitely differentiates from the lesser trucks.

It certainly looks a lot better than the other two, in any case; though the Suburban version (ESV, was it called?) looks rather... "done in a limo shop" from the side that doesn't appear to be the case on the actual Suburban.

I like every inch of that thing. Even the long tail-lights. It just looks "right," which is a very strange contrast to the Yukon and Tahoe. Makes you wonder where GM spent their design dollars, and as of right now, it looks like the majority went to Cadillac and GMC. But to narrow it down super far; DAT INTERIOR. Looks fantastic, really well-executed, and really seems to take it to the Germans on the luxury front.

Curious to hear how the 6.2L sounds under the hood. The previous Escalade sounded fantastic when driving around.

The previous Escalade was too quiet. You could barely hear the damn thing.

The previous Escalade was too quiet. You could barely hear the damn thing.

Sounded good on startup, even better when you put your foot into it. Not as loud as our Avalanche, but, that's the point in an Escalade.

Back