GM Full Size Trucks In General - 2019 Debuts

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 524 comments
Well the old ones are heavy solid rocks. These newer trucks are made of lighter material. My truck feels like a truck but my dad's feels like a sporty hatchback. :lol: But park them side by side & my dad's truck is clearly bigger overall. My truck sits much higher but his is wider & just feels much bigger inside & out.

Spoil-t is right. My 97 F-250 is smaller than newer ones. No, it isn't much, but it is still there. Some of it is safety changes, some is comfort upgrades, and some is merely for design, but each generation the trucks have gotten a bit bigger each time.

Spoil-t is right. My 97 F-250 is smaller than newer ones. No, it isn't much, but it is still there. Some of it is safety changes, some is comfort upgrades, and some is merely for design, but each generation the trucks have gotten a bit bigger each time.

After 1995 that's true. Not true with the '70s Highboys etc. Regardless I wish they would go retro. All the brands.

The truck in Goldfinger is gorgeous, forgive me for not knowing what it is. I wish trucks still looked like it.

EDIT: I looked it up, and found that it was a Ford Falcon Ranchero. That explains why I like it; I tend to prefer utes to American style pickup trucks.

Last edited:
What are you thinking, Slashfan? Like the 50's era trucks?

Late '70s, maybe early to mid '80s. Ford already did a reverse 1980s look on some of their bigger trucks though. Would be interesting to see GM do something similar.

New trucks get a boost in power to 420hp and 460 lb-ft of torque for the 6.2L. The V6 will now have 285/305, and the 5.3L will have 355/383.

1305tr-39%2b2014-chevy-silverado-launch-event%2bchevy-silverado.jpg

http://www.truckinweb.com/webonly/1..._6_2_liter_v_8_power_torque_light_duty_crown/

I'm glad I don't want a truck anymore...Also like that we are going full blown rectangle like the 90s with a bit of curvature to make it more modern.

*I don't really like it is what I really mean just being sarcastic.

Last edited:
New trucks get a boost in power to 420hp and 460 lb-ft of torque for the 6.2L. The V6 will now have 285/305, and the 5.3L will have 355/383.

Interesting news ahead of the Tahoe/Suburban reveal tomorrow, I do wonder if Chevrolet will be releasing a premium Tahoe with the 6.2L this time around.

GMC Yukon XL
2015-GMC-YukonXL-2%25255B2%25255D.jpg

2015-GMC-YukonXL-3%25255B2%25255D.jpg

GMC Yukon Denali
2015-GMC-Yukon-Denali-2%25255B2%25255D.jpg

2015-GMC-Yukon-Denali-10%25255B2%25255D.jpg

2015-GMC-Yukon-Denali-16%25255B2%25255D.jpg

The Chevy also looked a little uglyer then the GMC, but this gen......:yuck:

Chevy Suburban
2015-Chevrolet-Suburban-2%25255B2%25255D.jpg

Chevy Tahoe
2015-Chevrolet-Tahoe-2%25255B2%25255D.jpg

The Yukon looks good, but the Tahoe looks awful, the proportions look really out of whack.

Alright, it's not my type of vehicle, at all. But that said... I actually really like the GMC. That's a nice purply-brown shade, the proportions are good, and the lines are clean. It borrows a bit from the Landy Disco, but puts an American spin on the look that really works well. I'm not completely sold on the front end, but what I do find interesting about it is how the small vertical strips of body colour really look like they're folding over top of the headlights; it's as if the lamps and the grille are all one big attached piece, and the sheetmetal has been strapped across them. Does that make sense?

Shame about the Chevy versions with their quasi-Ford-Flex/Edge/Explorer headlights, and that awkward jabbing sheetmetal. When will automakers give up on that?

Zenith
Besides the Yukon, they all have weird proportions. Those lights look pretty dumb as well.

I agree, still somewhat looks outdated. Should have been more rounded, like the updated 2014 Tundra.

I think all these new SUV's are horrible looking. I used to be a big fan of the Yukon Denali's, up to about 2006. Suburbans were best from 91' and Tahoe's from 92' to the same year 2006, then all went wrong in the GM truck camp in my opinion.

Nish
I think all these new SUV's are horrible looking. I used to be a big fan of the Yukon Denali's, up to about 2006. Suburbans were best from 91' and Tahoe's from 92' to the same year 2006, then all went wrong in the GM truck camp in my opinion.

Agreed and they're not sporty-looking after all throughout the years. They're just some type of large and rugged station wagons with big tires and that design looks like going to be there forever.

I must be the only one that thinks the Yukon looks all out of whack and the Tahoe is the more handsome truck. It'll probably grow on me, but once again the Tahoe is the more attractive of the two.

I must be the only one that thinks the Yukon looks all out of whack and the Tahoe is the more handsome truck. It'll probably grow on me, but once again the Tahoe is the more attractive of the two.

It's an even split between the two for me. I get the feeling the Chevrolet will heavily depend on color to make it look right, while the Yukon will generally look fine in most. Problem is with the Yukon, the grille is massive, and it looks downright gaudy on the Denali version.

Either way, I'm willing to bet the next GM SUV added to the family garage will be a Yukon.

The interiors are a real step forward. No 6.2L in anything but the Denalis as of right now, however I wouldn't be surprise if it ends up in a "High Country" or equivalent Tahoe/Suburban

By the looks of it, more appealing but the same cheap crap they've been using for years. No surprise from GM, though I am somewhat surprised the Chevys have a separate design from the trucks, as opposed to the tradition of enclose the bed for passengers then add windows.

Also, I don't like these center consoles. They're too fuster-clucky for me.

Back