GM Planning to Produce 20 Electric Vehicle Models by 2023

Who is going to be able to afford the eletric cars they are so expensive I think second hand car sales will go up.

Last year, a guy - I believe it was a car salesman - told me that the next 5 years, different car brands are going to sell electric cars. It seems he was right.

Who is going to be able to afford the eletric cars they are so expensive I think second hand car sales will go up.

It's newer technology, prices will come down as more companies jump on board.

@Joey D
You forgot an U in the SURUS in the article.:)

---------

It looks like one of the cars will be a sports coupe
GM-EV-Teaser-1-.jpg

I believe leasing electric cars is still the way to go considering how quickly the technology advances.

Since there's no mention of where these are being sold, it wouldn't surprise me if the majority of the "new" electric models end up being versions of existing US models that are sold in primarily the European market (if you haven't seen it, then it's new to you!). Since they already sold off their existing European brands to Peugeot, GM might be using this as an opportunity to start over in the region and establish the Chevrolet name early in the growing scramble to move away from petrol-only cars.

Since there's no mention of where these are being sold, it wouldn't surprise me if the majority of the "new" electric models end up being versions of existing US models that are sold in primarily the European market (if you haven't seen it, then it's new to you!). Since they already sold off their existing European brands to Peugeot, GM might be using this as an opportunity to start over in the region and establish the Chevrolet name early in the growing scramble to move away from petrol-only cars.

Chances are many of the models will end up in China. For the US, they will probably do some sort of electric vehicle that competes more with the Model S and Model X. The Bolt already goes up against the Model 3 so they don't have a need for that. Also I could see them building something that's the size of a Spark or Sonic.

Paris is going to ban diesels from 2024 and probably gasoline from 2030. Only cars with alternative energie source will be allowed in Paris.

But they wont outright ban traditionally powered vehicles the day these laws come into force, you will be allowed to use them until they gradually withdraw from the roads due to being scrapped on unroadworthy. It will probably take a couple of decades before we don't see one gasoline powered cars on developed nations roads.

But they wont outright ban traditionally powered vehicles the day these laws come into force, you will be allowed to use them until they gradually withdraw from the roads due to being scrapped on unroadworthy. It will probably take a couple of decades before we don't see one gasoline powered cars on developed nations roads.
Oh, definitely. There are just so many vehicles in the world now that it's going to take decades to phase them all out completely. And that's not considering developing nations that don't even have the ability to set up a proper infrastructure for electric cars... you'll still be seeing petrol vehicles roaming much of Africa and South Asia well into the next century.

Latest Posts

Back