Good/Bad Moments in GT6

Antarctica
TRAPPIST-1g
ProjectWHaT
Post all your good/bad moments that you had in GT6 so far! Here's my worse moment ever:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 7
Here's my worst moment ever:

Agreed. I would have rotated the photo before posting.

Worst moment:

Spinning the car on 3 out of 3 laps on the downhill section of Matterhorn.

Best moment:

Still coming in 1st. Don't ask me how I pulled that off. Guess the AI lets up when they see you doing your best helicopter impersonation. As a side note, as simulators go, that's not very realistic. If you spin the car on a mountain road, glance off the guard rails a couple times and miraculously get the car pointed back downhill, they typically don't drive very fast after that. Just saying.

Bad moment: Spinning out on lap 2 of a 5 lap bathurst race just after the second corner. Had to back the R18 all the way down the hill to get going. Then I spun it out at the very top of the hilly section up there. Long story short, I had 3 laps to close a 34 second deficit.

Good moment: I miraculously did, though the R18 was tail wiggling like crazy the whole way. Won by about 1.5 seconds.

That's nothing. I once had a time that was .001 slower than gold. I cursed at the screen so much over that. :lol:
I got gold by getting THE exact time needed to get it.

My good moment was me getting my butt handed to me by my own NSX.
Been using a wheel for a few days and figured hey, why not try something harder. So I picked the 500pp race at Matterhorn. Good lord, finished 3 minutes behind the leader. I have something to strive toward at least.

Good / Bad: Zero assists Sauber C9 at Bathurst on the, uh... whatever 750PP championship series that unlocks the S-License tests (name escapes me due to fried brain). The beginning and end of each lap was awesome. The middle? Not so much.

Bad moment:
Plenty, every time the AI cars slow down until i pass them i feel awful.

Good moment:
First time i took a RWD car around the corner and it was spinning the inside wheel on exit and not the outside one.
Finally they got the basic physic stuff right 👍

... Long story short, I had 3 laps to close a 34 second deficit....
Good moment: I miraculously did, though the R18 was tail wiggling like crazy the whole way. Won by about 1.5 seconds.

No miracle, just the AI pity-braking and waiting for you to pass...

Bad moment:
During a race the third lap was not counted. I went from #1 to #10 and had to do another lap.

Bad moment:
While doing a race in a rather slow car, hitting the curbs makes the car flip over (too easily).

Good moment:
Driving with a DS3 goes much better, the control experience improved 100%

Bad moment:
I got pushed from the track for the second time in one race. This time it was the last lap right before the finish though.
The opposition apparently couldn't stand that a 2.2 4 cilinder VTEC S2000 was winning form their Enzo's and Aventadors...

Good moment:
Driving a 500HP Clio with front wheel drive. It is stupid but it's so much fun!

Many times I have just been outside Gold by 0.001, 0.002, and 0.003 seconds, of course I redid them. I found the second traffic cone coffee break challenge difficult, after more than (many more) 15 attempts I got exactly 200 cones.... ye ha.
And, most embarrassingly, I got pushed into the pit lane by a computer controlled opponent!

Worse moment: Having one lap at Ascari not count (went off the road on the second to last corner)

Bad moment: Rolling cars at Big Willow off the curb at the last loooooong corner.

Best Moment: Hitting the apex on that corner just right feeling the car get light and just rubbing the outside rumble strip

Worse Moment: Goodwood Special event - my car seemed to have a life of its own at the start of a run, I thought my wheel had suffered a problem. Then I realised I hadn't hit "start" properly and I was watching a reply :dunce: :lol:

Best moment: Knowing my setup calculator works just as good, if not better on GT6 than it did on Gt5 1st gen (up to update 2.07) and 2 gen (2.08 onwards) physics...

Good moment:
Anytime I drive the BRZ race car :lol: It's just so lovely to drive. Also, driving in the rain event. I just love driving in the rain! Sadly, there is only one event :( but I played the 24 minutes Nurburgring race and it was mostly raining, which was awesome for me.

Bad moment:

In the last S series race mission, where you drive a Ford GT40 and the AI drives the newer Ford GT in the Nurburgring, the AI pushed me slightly from behind on the long straight and made me spin out and hit the wall, which disqualified me. I would have still gotten the gold if I didn't hit the wall since that seemed to be the only thing disqualifying you and I had lots of time still to get gold. It was pretty frustration because I managed to get gold like half an hour after that.

Bad moment:

Running the National GT-Championship from the national A series. Race 3, Bathurst. I'm in 2nd with my Acura NSX, with a Honda NSX Type-R catching me in my slipstream. I keep the same line as, you know, i'll catch him again in the next corner, but the lazy AI doesn't steer fast enough and bumps me on the rear right, sending me into the grass. I try to pull away, but as I do, the same NSX hits me again, PIT-maneuvering me and sending me from 2nd to 8th :ouch:

So far mine

The Bad:
The first drift challenge. I am usually quick to obtain most golds but drifting is just something I can't seem to do. I am not sure why I just don't have a feel for it so I am so inconsistent with it. I tried for two hours one night and barely got a bronze. Played for three hours last night and I there were many times I got 1600 in the first corner just to blow it the rest of the way. Then there were many times I got 0 or just 400 or so in the first corner and would then get 1000 in the next two sections.

The Good.
After three hours I finally got a 46xx score. Think I have a 1400 + 1000 + 800 in the first three sectors. Then nailed a 1400 in the right-hander of last section. I actually came to a stop sideways on the track for that last 1400 but it counted so I babied it past the line. I also spun out crossing the score line in the third section but it still counted. It was ugly on replay but glad I am done with it. That all being said I still terrible at drifting but I did get a little better

Bad Moment:
Flipping my Nissan GT-R on the last corner of SSRX, I found a way to screw up on a long and easy corner. :banghead:

Good Moment:
Figuring out that I could paint my Dodge Viper GTS blue and keep the white stripes. 👍

Hot off the press good moment: Had an intense battle at Silverstone in the Historic Race car Cup. My Dodge Challenger RC Vs the Infamous 2J,:scared: pretty much battled for 2 straight laps and me JUST surviving for the win. :)

Good moment: Winning the Gornergrat League with a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VII. That is possibly my most hated track, yet racing against proper rally cars I won all three races.

Bad moment: Flipping my Lotus Esprit at Madrid Mini... on the last lap while catching up to the leading Zonda in the MR Challenge. :banghead:

Good Moment: Having fun on the Nurburgring in my Ruf RGT and Jaguar XJ220
Bad Moment: Going into an online race thinking I have Manuel Transmission and I end up using Automatic.

I can confirm GT5 was the same. I got the exact same Gold time in a GT5 test and it gave me Silver.
GT6 doesn't do that, proof is the picture above. :lol:

Another awesome moment:
I finally golded the X2011 Goodwood using a DS3! I'm so proud of myself. :lol:

Good moment: In an online room with my another racer. We'd spent well over an hour doing laps around Bathurst while tuning identical cars. He'd set a fastest lap that had been un-touched for a long time. As we're finishing up for the night he drops back to just View race and chill out watching me drive. We're both talking about what we'd learnt, what we'd tried etc. Just general winding down. As I'm talking I just kept beating the splits over the mountain, and drove really clean, The dipper, Forest Elbow etc, until I realised that "Hang on, I'm up for a good lap here" and ended up knocked 4 tenths of the lap somehow.

Bad moment: "Okay lets try this Lunar exploration thing . . ."

Back