"good private races to everybody!!!"

• Thread starter Gymnastico
  • 192 comments
GTP_Gymnastico // Gymnastico
Dear GTP members,TeamGT is really proud to reveal and share with you the Guide for Private Rooms in Gran -Turismo Prologue. A couple of months ago there was a little misunderstanding,but doesn't matter now. All of us is waiting for the release of G-T 5,but until then all we got is this prologue,few tracks,few cars,and it's more than one year.We hope this guide will help you for a better racing experience,and for sure it will !!! You can say good bye to unfair drivers and race with just your friends!!! All you need is a very fast connection,if you always "host" this guide is for you.

Copyright TeamGT (w.w.w.teamgt.it)

Guide for Private Rooms in Gran -Turismo Prologue (in hompage)

"good private races to everybody!!!"

wow thanks.. but english video tutorial would be nice. And that video isnt working. Has anybody tried this?

I see, they are blocking all IP's except PSN and GT servers and your friends.

Yeah, and running the PS3's internet connection through the computer's firewall to filter the unwanted IPs.

I was saying to some of the guys, wouldn't this ideally be done by your friend with the best connection, the guy who usually ends up hosting races?

All the best
Maz

I'm not impressed.

👎 Why aren't you impressed then?

Seriously, if you can't make a constructive comment why bother commenting at all.

I'm a bit of a technophobe and understand little of it, but if Gymnastico and his crew have found a way to provide the thing that pretty much every GT fan wants then they should be applauded.

Translation: http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http://www.teamgt.it/&sl=it&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

This is an interesting statement:

PS I take this opportunity to warn that around the slopes of GT prologue there are many dishonest drivers who carry the initials GTP ... sarebbe l'ora di cambiare registro, quanto meno richiedere a costoro una maggiore correttezza would be time to change the register, at least ask them to greater accuracy

Looks like they are talking **** about GTP... ?

well ok, watched the movie aswell, and what it seems like is that you start a normal race, and then within the race the other players like will be "kicked" ?!

Chris

👎 Why aren't you impressed then?

Seriously, if you can't make a constructive comment why bother commenting at all.

I'm a bit of a technophobe and understand little of it, but if Gymnastico and his crew have found a way to provide the thing that pretty much every GT fan wants then they should be applauded.

1. There is no way to choose you are the host of the game.
2. The hosts 's ps3 needs to be connected to the internet through a pc.
3. All the guys wanting to play together need to give their IP's to the host.
4. You still need to agree on a time to press start. Otherwise there is a chance that the clients end up in a room with a different host.

So basicly it's too complicated and there are too many things that can go wrong. I think there is a bigger change getting in a room together the way we do here at GTP: agreeing on a time and all pressing start together. The only upside of all their hassle is there won't be any punters.

wait, so the other drivers get one of those failed to connect screens and have to sit through another connecting screen?

what a jerk thing to do to people.

All fair comments - perhaps you could have made them in your original post rathert than just saying 'not impressed'?

Translation: http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http://www.teamgt.it/&sl=it&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

This is an interesting statement:

PS I take this opportunity to warn that around the slopes of GT prologue there are many dishonest drivers who carry the initials GTP ...would be time to change the register, at least ask them to greater accuracy

Looks like they are talking **** about GTP... ?

I could be wrong (I usually am) but I think they could be trying to say that not everyone that wears the GTP tag is actually on the GTP registor or even GTP members and it needs an update (I know I'm not on it as Grenade)

Last edited:
This sets a bad precedent methinks, while we don't have publicly available private races, you shouldn't be messing about throwing everyone you don't know off races. Its not their fault for ending up in the race and they deserve to be treated the same as people with tags/you know. Until they start punting of course, but you can't know that just by a PSN ID.

It smacks of elitism, something already being branded on us tag users anyway.

All drivers online should be treated equally regardless of private lobbies or not.

This sets a bad precedent methinks, while we don't have publicly available private races, you shouldn't be messing about throwing everyone you don't know off races. Its not their fault for ending up in the race and they deserve to be treated the same as people with tags/you know. Until they start punting of course, but you can't know that just by a PSN ID.

It smacks of elitism, something already being branded on us tag users anyway.

All drivers online should be treated equally regardless of private lobbies or not.

Very well said. I think we all need to quit giving their website Hits also.

Oh and I almost forgot:

"Everybody"? No, think about the people getting kicked...are they having a good race?

I disagree.....This is a great idea for better racing....It's one year a lot of us is waiting for Private Rooms....Goodbye to unfair drivers,racing with just your friends:"IT'S AMAZING"!!!! And no one is kicked out,cause only your friends will be allowed to enter in your room....👍

I disagree.....This is a great idea for better racing....It's one year a lot of us is waiting for Private Rooms....Goodbye to unfair drivers,racing with just your friends:"IT'S AMAZING"!!!! And no one is kicked out,cause only your friends will be allowed to enter in your room....👍
Ever play Forza Motorsports? We got private rooms. We like to kick people who don't drift or follow our rules.
Remember Xlink Kai for GT4 Drifting?
Yes, I understand that there are better version but I really got lag in it.

Vote for thread delete...

Worthless post when the thread had a good discussion going :rolleyes:

As for private the rooms, Im not a fan for it this way. Getting the "Failed to Connect" screen does your head in when it pops up, and this is only going to increase if everyone starts blocking IP's.

I say wait for real private rooms 👍

Allow me to explain why this is a bad idea with a simple hypothetical:

3 groups of players are attempting to do the same event:
  • Group A want to do a private race
  • Group B also want to do their own private race
  • Group C are all the lowly GT5:Pers not on anyone's white list

Everyone goes though the matchmaking screen and a player from group A is chosen as the host. Group A goes and races. Everyone else gets a connection error :irked:

So group B and C go back the the matchmaking screen, this time a player from group B is the host. Group B goes and races but again everyone else gets an error :mad:

So it's back the the matchmaking screen, except while that is happening group A finishes the race and starts again, a player from group A gets chosen as the host ... :banghead:

two or three private races (depending on how long a race takes) means no races for anyone else.

GTP Dear users, during the period of April we came to know about the possibility of being able to create private rooms in GT5 Prologue ...

On that limited you to doubt what he said, although later we had done and put online video test, you have closed the debate on the forum ... in short, with us you have not been too kind ..
But we are serious people and drivers, and despite the predominant desire not to share, we decided to put the guide online for how to create private rooms to play online, although by now this game is to be considered bad, especially an arcade in the whole and for all, but The Real Driving Simulation ..
Pessimism and ARCADE!
Recognizing the humility to accept the evidence and therefore do not have anything to say, we wish you a good continuation.
Greetings from TeamGT

PS I take this opportunity to warn that around the slopes of GT prologue there are many dishonest drivers who carry the initials GTP ... would be time to change the register, at least ask them to greater accuracy

For the benefit of everyone to know exactly what was posted on the TeamGT site.

First of all I'm going to have to call you (TeamGT) up on this, if I could read/write italian I'd go do it the same way that some of this message should've been relayed to us.
What I'm referring to here specifically is the 'P.S.' statement, if there have been dirty drivers carrying a GTP_ tag, then it should've been reported in the GTP Registry discussion thread. We can't judge people before they are known properly, so this is the only reliable way of keeping the registry open and clean, however if no-one is reported, no action can be taken so instead of telling us there's a problem, tell us the offenders so we have some useful information to go by. My main point however is this should have been posted here on GTP rather then what will effectively slate GTP on your own website, informing us of a problem is all well and good but it doesn't need to be public posted on anywhere except GTP.

Now on to the topic in hand, we here at GTP accept you've found a way to make online races and I believe many of us thank you for that information (even if they may not agree with it, there's no harm in knowing more particularly if it's one of us GTP folk being kicked from a room). We have not been unkind (generally, none of the long running GTP members have certainly) we just do not agree as it's unethical to use a public matchmaking system as a means to create a private race, if this could be done without essentially discriminating against unknown drivers in the form of kicking them, that'd be great, infact perfect, but that is probably not possible. Yes unknown drivers can ruin races, but some are there for the same reasons as us and infact I for one don't always use my GTP_ name for friends list purposes and I go out of my way to message drivers who I may have contact with (I actually tried to message someone in a race of 11 F40s which I got into by luck with an NSX, a race with many TeamGT members and I requested my messaged relayed to TeamGT when I messaged the wrong person).

The point is I was in there as a lone unknown in an organised race and I raced as clean as I could and unless you think I deserved not to be involved in what was a great race then you can understand how this method of racing is being slated. There's just no way to tell how a driver will drive in the race unless they've been met before and it's simply unfair on those, like me in that race, who are trying there hardest to be fair and clean, to be kicked and have to go through the frustrating matchmaking system again just because there are dirty drivers out there.

It's all well and good trying to racing better for ourselves but the side effect is making the experience on GT5P, an already turbulent online environment, even worse by making it that more difficult for everyone else.

I remember the old thread about TeamGT's "private lobbies", I don't remember why it was closed and I'm not going to search for it now.

Anyway, my two cents on this:

First, congratulations are due to TeamGT for giving themselves the trouble to find a way around the random matching of GT5:P and for finding it.

Second, this came a bit too late. One year ago I would be interested, there were lots of people online and many of them were punters. The side effect of this system, already pointed out by other members, wouldn't be serious, there would always be many other open matchings.

Nowadays, however, GT5:P online is greatly reduced to a few drivers (at least in "Pro" events) and I would say that 90% of them play fair. So, I don't see the need for this now.

About private lobbies being discriminatory to newcomers, they are, whatever system is used. If some of us here don't like to have them, it's simple to avoid it. When Polyphony Digital get their act together and release a game with proper online features, among them we will surely have the option of "public" or "private".

This has got to be against the PSN terms hasn't it? It is also very unfair on people who don't have a tag, they deserve to race too. 👎

This has got to be against the PSN terms hasn't it? It is also very unfair on people who don't have a tag, they deserve to race too. 👎

This is exactly why I voted to delete this thread...

What happens when 10 or so people have this private garbage set up... noone will ever be able to race with all the failed to connects...

They act like they have found the Holy Grail, I'm not impressed.:sly:

È stata resa disponibile una guida (PDF) versione inglese da scaricare direttamente dal nostro sito, ci scusiamo fin da subito se dovessero sorgere problemi per sovraccarico al server.

Adesso chiariamo un paio di punti:

come è possibile che abbiate sempre qualcosa da ridire?
Nel Planet c'é gente intelligente e seria ma purtroppo si riduce all 1% dell'utenza, se non vi va bene il post che ho aperto potete anche chiuderlo, ma fare una votazione per chiuderlo è solo da froci rincoglioniti senza materia grigia.

visto che siete oltre i 100'000 utenti vedete di trovare almeno 5 driver che facciamo una bella sfida a GT e vi diamo dimostrazione della stanza privata, poi mi raccontate.

Quindi vi propongo di scegliere una combinazione auto e pista, allenatevi per 1 mese, poi il giorno prescelto ci comunicate la vostra scelta e facciamo un paio di gare private.

Sicuro che non vi tirerete indietro vi auguro una bella giornata.

Traduzione con google:
It was made available a guide (PDF) English version for download directly from our site, we apologize immediately if a problem should arise for overloading the server.

Now we clarify a few points:

how can you have something to say?
The Planet is no serious and intelligent people but unfortunately it reduces to 1% of users, if there is good post that I have opened you can close it, but make a vote to close it is only by froci rincoglioniti without gray matter.

since you are more than 100,000 users see to find at least 5 drivers that do a great challenge to GT and we will demonstrate the private room, then told me.

So I propose you to choose a combination car and track, train for 1 month, then on the day selected we communicated your choice and do a couple of races private.

Sure that there tirerete back I wish you a beautiful day.

Last edited by a moderator:
What happens when 10 or so people have this private garbage set up... noone will ever be able to race with all the failed to connects...

Agree...,Really hope this doesnt get popular! This private lobby idea is as smart as quiting when your host 👎

Back