"good private races to everybody!!!"

• Thread starter Gymnastico
  • 192 comments
However we do so, you can close the discussion, no problem, on our website shortly disappear from the first page the guide, so everyone will be happy. Will seek alternatives, as we are doing, to have fun, when final GT5 will be out again, hoping that the promises are kept.đź‘Ť

Do not want to encourage anyone to use it ..... we have made public only know to do it .... everyone is free to choose what to do. We use it on rare occasions, only for races between true friends, not with all the drivers that we know.

The problem is people in online gaming are generally selfish and stupid, to quote a mildly famous quote 'A person is clever, but people are stupid'. Not organised groups and forums like here on GTP, or TeamGT, but you're average gamer will see they can make a private room by following the guide they can now access publicly and they will abuse it with no idea of how it affects other people at all.

We all appreciate TeamGTs efforts in trying to improve the experience, and this entire debate only got out of hand because the reasons we were given when we challenged the affects on others and possibility of anyone getting ahold of the information.

I think it's fair to say that the decision by TeamGT to share this method is also appreciated, and wish that you share any further discoveries with us, as indeed GTP does anyway due to the TeamGT members here on the forum. There were just holes in this particular system which we investigated and were unjustified.

Even blatant disregard for the rules? Do not overdo .... During the races the teamgt has absolute respect for the rules to the other pilots, we are correct ..... but on the contrary, other drivers are not and the program allows them to be ..... after a year and a half bad game Allow solutions if we try to improve our racing ..... a PD does not affect our screams .... tell us to wait without seeing each other nulla....marzo / May 2010? We are tired of suffering.

clacksman
The host is first on the grid listing after matching.
Well then that's who's name you put here - http://np.us.playstation.com/complaint/pc/ComplaintForm.aspx

The problem is people in online gaming are generally selfish and stupid, to quote a mildly famous quote 'A person is clever, but people are stupid'. Not organised groups and forums like here on GTP, or TeamGT, but you're average gamer will see they can make a private room by following the guide they can now access publicly and they will abuse it with no idea of how it affects other people at all.

We all appreciate TeamGTs efforts in trying to improve the experience, and this entire debate only got out of hand because the reasons we were given when we challenged the affects on others and possibility of anyone getting ahold of the information.

I think it's fair to say that the decision by TeamGT to share this method is also appreciated, and wish that you share any further discoveries with us, as indeed GTP does anyway due to the TeamGT members here on the forum. There were just holes in this particular system which we investigated and were unjustified.
I agree.

Do not want to encourage anyone to use it ..... we have made public only know to do it .... everyone is free to choose what to do. We use it on rare occasions, only for races between true friends, not with all the drivers that we know.

I know that you use it on rare occasions, but will everyone who finds out this system? People are irresponsible and not everyone that reads even this forum are registered here and use tags - in other words, there are people that will read the first post of this thread and go away and use this system all the time, they won't read about the problems with it and most probably don't care.

I'm more worried at what could potentially happen rather than what is happening right now.

I wouldn't worry about the punters and other irresponsible people using this "private room" system. For two reasons:

Firstly, besides a very fast and thus expensive internet connection, it takes a lot of dedication to actually set it up to work properly. What's more, every day you need to do the setting-up all over again because of dynamic IP addresses. This level of dedication to the game is not something you'll frequently find among the irresponsible. (The same probably goes for the sort of internet connection you need to make it work in the first place.)

Secondly, these "private rooms" are only attractive to people who have quite a few friends they privately want to race with. However, punters and irresponsible people do not have many friends, so this system will not be of much use to them.

I wouldn't worry about the punters and other irresponsible people using this "private room" system. For two reasons:

Firstly, besides a very fast and thus expensive internet connection, it takes a lot of dedication to actually set it up to work properly. What's more, every day you need to do the setting-up all over again because of dynamic IP addresses. This level of dedication to the game is not something you'll frequently find among the irresponsible. (The same probably goes for the sort of internet connection you need to make it work in the first place.)

Secondly, these "private rooms" are only attractive to people who have quite a few friends they privately want to race with. However, punters and irresponsible people do not have many friends, so this system will not be of much use to them.

Exactly.

This. +10000 đź‘Ť

I'm more worried at what could potentially happen rather than what is happening right now.

Do not worry .... please considerations explain Zabeu well.
It is not so easy to use this system.
First we need an excellent internet connection ..... the player must always be hosting ...... and this is not for everyone.

Second, it takes time for, find all the IP addresses of friends and include them in the computer program is not an immediate thing that we can do for simple races among many friends.

Quiet can not ruin the game online.

If 35$ a month is "expensive" then sure.
Secondly, doesn't that leave the "punters & irresponsible" left out with the good drivers that don't want to screw other honest people out of a race? Isn't that screwing the good drivers that don't break the rules even more?

The one thing you guys seem to forget is, most punters, will either improve their game, or get bored and quit. Notice the lack of traffic online in GT5P now? Most of them got bored, or got better.

Also, freaking out, and overreacting everytime you get bumped off the track, whether it be sending angry personal messages via PSN, or punting right back, will encourage people that are there to antagonize. Perhaps if everyone looking for a good race just kept plugging away, completely ignoring the punts, whether accidental or not, they would get bored and quit even sooner?

You've obviously never played Call of Duty. There's alot of people with technical know how and expensive networks, most of which is payed for by parents but still. People are happy to cheat on games which requires shelling out extra money in many cases, why wouldn't people use this system?

Trievel, over here in Europe $35 per month will not buy you a connection capable of being used reliably for this purpose. In fact, you'll rarely be hosting races at all if you do not invest quite a bit more than that.

I'll readily admit I know next to nothing about Call of Duty or other online shooters, Dragonistic. However, it would seem to me that for people willing to cheat in GT5P the TeamGT "private room" solution is not very beneficial.

If you want to use this method to make sure you get more wins in online racing, you'll have to use it to exclude the better drivers, because excluding drivers is all it can do for you. It will be very hard, without their cooperation in fact next to impossible, to identify those drivers by their IP addresses. So, all you can do is exclude the whole bunch, leaving you with a grid of one, and a sure win.

But even the saddest cheater of them all will not derive much satisfaction from pulling off a win in a race with only one car starting!

Trievel, over here in Europe $35 per month will not buy you a connection capable of being used reliably for this purpose. In fact, you'll rarely be hosting races at all if you do not invest quite a bit more than that.

I'll readily admit I know next to nothing about Call of Duty or other online shooters, Dragonistic. However, it would seem to me that for people willing to cheat in GT5P the TeamGT "private room" solution is not very beneficial.

If you want to use this method to make sure you get more wins in online racing, you'll have to use it to exclude the better drivers, because excluding drivers is all it can do for you. It will be very hard, without their cooperation in fact next to impossible, to identify those drivers by their IP addresses. So, all you can do is exclude the whole bunch, leaving you with a grid of one, and a sure win.

But even the saddest cheater of them all will not derive much satisfaction from pulling off a win in a race with only one car starting!

I have to agree with almost everything Zabeu has said, especially regarding the internet connection costs here.

Also, while it would be nice to think that punters eventually drift away or improve, sadly any significant online update of events seems to bring a raft of them straight back into it.

The 750PP Suzuka, Fuji 650PP World Event and 700PP Suzuka world Event are good examples of this. The first week is usually well-nigh unbearable.

However this is not a thread dedicated to discussing punters, so I'll just stop there and take my blanket-spamming elsewhere.

All the best
Maz

I wonder if your actually playing the person who is:
1.Sober
2. The actual racer on the account
3. A person that does take the game serious when you see people drifting when he wants to race.
Above all else, an IP address doesn't really tell anyone who is actually playing but a location identified by numbers. Ever became a host and pulled your ethernet cord just to lag the game entirely? Some people do find it amusing to ruin a perfectly good public game because he or she isn't winning. Another example will be ragequitters, these type of people will leave a fighting match when they have 3% of their life left in the ranked game.
In Forza, I have seen private matches when people are in parties and a new comer comes in and ruins the game by finishing the lap. He will get kicked though he will come back and say" Stop drifting and race" or " Well, you guys are not taking this game seriously. So I am not going to take it seriously" Thank god for Passwords in Socom 2 online.

Latest Posts

Back