"good private races to everybody!!!"

• Thread starter Gymnastico
  • 192 comments
It does indeed, the host is also the first person listed in the screen before the race. There is no way have knowing though once you pass both of these screens.

And with slow matching processes I don't sit staring watching a progress bar, I wait to hear the music for the race actually starting before paying attention. Even when I see creating race, I forget by lap 2 of 10.

No, but Gt say "creating" instead of "joining" when you are the host.
I assume you already know this, but just wanted to clarify for those who may never been hosts 👍

Exactly, which is also the first screen of the video drivers, prior to the starting grid.

Either way, because hosts quit we can kick everyone else out our games? What kind of twisted logic is that?

Next time I see someone punt everyone off the track, does that mean next race I should punt everyone off, just earlier in the race so they don't get as far in, it will annoy them less. Or maybe I'll just punt 1 or 2 people, because it's ok to break rules just a little bit.

I think not.

Thanks for you support pal...

I didn't fail, we all failed to convince some selfish and inconsiderate men. If TeamGT thinks they are special and has private races, and then Team X does it, and then Team Y does it, and then Team Z. Then Joe Blow tries to join a race at the same time as teamGT, team x, team y and team z then he will get a connection error. Now tell me Hugo, does that justify their cause? What about Jeo how spend the money to buy a wheel and buy the game with the promise of good online races. I don't see where my thinking is wrong here mate. They should be reported and they shouldn't IP block anyone from racing online with them, just because they are afraid some hack will ruin their race.

If you believe my attitude to be so poor here, then why don't you tell me a better way to think about this? Or a better way to deal with it?

Its just a bunch of crap...

If they really were that selfish, they wouldn't even have posted it here. I think your attitude is poor here because you only attack TeamGT and don't try to convince them of your opinion in a civil manner.
I fully respect your opinion. I also think things could get out of hand if we all adopt this method. Only if you read their posts properly, you see they only tried if it works and don't use it on a regular base. The average Joe would most likely never get a connection error because of it.
I'd also disapprove it if GTP members would take this method over, also because the quality of the races is far better than a year ago and I don't see a direct need. Only reporting guys with the same GT passion for something that would do little harm the way they intend to use it, goes me too far. Don't forget they posted it with the intention to have us improve our online experience. You want to reward them for that with reporting them to Sony?

Dragonistic
May I ask how on say Lap 5 of 10 someone is supposed to check if they're host? Ask everyone else to quit 1 by 1? There is no defined method of telling who's the host, you might know, other people might know, but GT doesn't say YOU ARE THE HOST each time you host the game.

And with slow matching processes I don't sit staring watching a progress bar, I wait to hear the music for the race actually starting before paying attention. Even when I see creating race, I forget by lap 2 of 10.

Now you're blaming PD for not stating during the race when you're the host? Like stated in the post above, you can tell from the matching progress and the grid forming if you're host or not. It takes little effort to know if you're the host or not. If that's still too much effort for you, I wonder why you're even complaining about it :confused:

Not that I think you would run into trouble with Sony, like Dragonistic thinks (but I won't go into detail on that). But for the reason above posted.

In fact the aim is not to have problems with it Sony, with PD ne, ne enthusiasts with GTP. Before you make the whole, we have checked with your adsl certain rules, we consider not to create damage.
Then everything is possible and everything is questionable, we left the light of day because of this.
Do not say that you do not have your reasons for objecting to the proposed method, we say only that you should look at this method without consider dangerous.

Either way, because hosts quit we can kick everyone else out our games? What kind of twisted logic is that?

Next time I see someone punt everyone off the track, does that mean next race I should punt everyone off, just earlier in the race so they don't get as far in, it will annoy them less. Or maybe I'll just punt 1 or 2 people, because it's ok to break rules just a little bit.

I think not.

Sorry but I do not understand English perfectly, I did not understand what you mean to say.
If you're referring to the fact that it is better to leave the race before the start, in reference during the race, obviously it is better ... but do not throw out anyone because he can not enter unless no friend.
But that you already understand.

Now you're blaming PD for not stating during the race when you're the host? Like stated in the post above, you can tell from the matching progress and the grid forming if you're host or not. It takes little effort to know if you're the host or not. If that's still too much effort for you, I wonder why you're even complaining about it :confused:

I'm not blaming anyone, but you're saying I need to check if I'm host, when I can't check before I quit I have to check way in advance and then remember it during the heat of the race. Do you think F1 drivers are thinking 'hmm, I was the first person to be ready on the grid today before this race' during the middle of the race itself?

I don't quit as host where possible, most people on GTP don't but sometimes you just have to, sometimes the host loses internet connection, there are many factors involved in this and quite frankly it doesn't mean that because of hosts quitting that you can just start removing other people from races completely. Explain to me why just because to you a host quitting is more trouble then kicking everyone else our before the race? It's a very very poor reason to try and justify the private room system in question and just saying oh this other thing that happens is worse so it's all ok.

I don't really understand any logic behind why host quitting was ever brought into this discussion, things happen in the real world sometimes forcing people to quit, when those things happen you don't think if you're host or not. I know alot of people just quit cus they're losing, and yes it's wrong but you simply can't prove why someone quits and it's so pointless trying to.

Sorry but I do not understand English perfectly, I did not understand what you mean to say.
If you're referring to the fact that it is better to leave the race before the start, in reference during the race, obviously it is better ... but do not throw out anyone because he can not enter unless no friend.
But that you already understand.

I was using heavy sarcasm, using the same logic many people are using to try and say this private method of racing is ok, to show how silly it sounds in another situation.

You may struggle to understand sarcasm as someone who isn't a great english speaker.

Oh and just to clarify for everyone, I didn't know it said creating game, because I'm never host it always say joining, and with long matches I don't watch the screen so I won't see it and then mid-race I have no idea. I was never told to look here to check if I was host but I still chose not to quit anyway, I'm not saying it's ok to quit mid-race, it just has to happen sometimes. Now can you stop using it as a way to distract from the topic in hand. Save host quitting for another topic.

I'm not overly anxious to get into this very deep and I've not read all you're guys goings ons or anything :dopey:

I have one question, since this has started I have noticed alot of trouble with my conection to the server, if it's the cause then I don't like it much.

I'm not overly anxious to get into this very deep and I've not read all you're guys goings ons or anything :dopey:

I have one question, since this has started I have noticed alot of trouble with my conection to the server, if it's the cause then I don't like it much.

I do not think we can lay the blame for this inefficenze of chronic dell'online, the problems we have always been

It is unlikely that this is the cause, although possible, it's still unlikely if you've been having alot of trouble. If you're NAT type is type 2 or 3, this will be why you have connection troubles. There may be other issues involved but this private system has not been spread enough just yet to cause issues.

Overall the system now does not pose a threat to GT5P online, but it's now in public places on the internet and could well get out of control if someone goes and takes information and puts it on somewhere like here the PlayStation forums. Then we have a serious problem on our hands.

if someone goes and takes information and puts it on somewhere like here the PlayStation forums.

which PlayStation forums?
muttley.gif

i can agree all what Hugo said, 👍 just think about that. ;)

yes there are official forums, but sorry, there is no real moderation. :indiff:

only the spanish and US forums are not that bad, but only because the user do the job from $ony. great official work. :sly:

what do you think will be happend if you post this news there? :D

My point is the massive exposure that would occur in a short time frame by being posted on the PlayStation forums, even if the thread was removed in say a day of being posted, alot of people would know about it very quickly.

Same goes for forums like Gamespot where alot of people will just walk in, learn how to do it and then walk out and use it without thinking about it.

The problems with "understanding why they do it", are many.
1. Are you disconnecting fair drivers?
2. If that guy did punt you off before, was it on purpose?
3. Did you even check to see who they are, aside from seeing if they're one of your friends?
4. If they have punted you repeatedly, did you accidentally punt them first without realizing it?
5. The most obvious, it is still breaking the user agreement with the PSN.

And I also believe "some hosts quit mid-race" is not an excuse. Ever hear the phrase "two wrongs don't make a right"?
I can also say I've never noticed if it said "creating race". So I couldn't tell you if I've quit as a host, because I did not know that, it doesn't tell you that in the underline scroll before a race. I've quit when life demanded it, and I've quit when there were only 2 players left, and the guy punted me to where I knew I could not catch him.
I've also pulled off to the side when I had time, so in case I was the host, everyone could finish.
Sometimes you/we just have to suck it up and deal with life.

The best way of quitting without breaking the rules is by pulling into the pitstop and putting your game on pause by pressing the start button. Then walk away to do the thing you need to do and comeback when the race is over. Then join back into another race.

Why can't people wait. I also have a beef with people who just wants to race with their own friends online to do drifting or race with a particular car and leave one guy out without anyone to race for the next ten laps. If you messup and don't think you can catch up pull into the pits and wait until the other cars come back around so you have someone to race with. I especially hate the ones that give up and start driving the wrong direction, damn! can't stand those people.

If you want private rooms go play other games that do have private rooms or go find a motelroom...LOL but seriuosly wait until the full version comes and we will have private rooms in the mean time try not to ruin other peoples fun just because you want private rooms now in GT5p.

Last edited:
The best way of quitting without breaking the rules is by pulling into the pitstop and putting your game on pause by pressing the start button. Then walk away to do the thing you need to do and comeback when the race is over. Then join back into another race.

Go make another thread about it then, it's not an excuse for private rooms in this manner so all of you stop bringing into this discussion. Infact I wouldn't be surprised if this hasn't been discussed before.

We here on GTP almost always pull over and hit start instead of quitting, even when we're not the host. You must understand there are reasons people have to quit sometimes, sometimes the host loses internet connection, sometimes NAT errors will cause disconnections, sometimes there PS3 might freeze, sometimes there may be an emergency in the real world, sometimes there might be a powercut, the list goes on. You simply can't prove why a host quits, you can't do anything to stop them because they have the right to quit and you can never prove that they do it purely to end the race for everyone else which is why it isn't going to be breaking the User Agreement as many of you are stating and even if it is how do you prove that they did it with intent to disrupt the other racers?

Now I'm going to do a quick search to see if this has it's own thread, and if it doesn't and people still keep bringing it up here, I'll make a new thread for it.

EDIT: Did my search, here it is, off you go. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=104220

Last edited:
Great sportsmanship, prohibiting unknown drivers, who might be fair racers, to have an entertaining race, by letting them disappear into the distance before you all start 👍 :confused:
This is just as selfish as the method of TeamGT, only their method works better. Pity theirs violates the rules as well.

Here are some excerpts from the 'Race Of Champions' rule guide.

Race Specifics:
• 4 way race.
• 1st and 2nd place of the group progress to the Final.
• Last 2 positions in the group is eliminated.
• 10 lap race.
• Number of Races: 1 Race
• If 10 laps are not possible, then the 60 second countdown will determine the end of the race.
• If the 60 second countdown rule comes into play, the leading car at the end of the countdown will be deemed the winner.
• All races will start from the grid slots 1, 2, 3 & 4 on the start / finish line.
• You will start in the positions listed on the screen. First driver listed in the thread starts 1st, 2nd - 2nd, 3rd - 3rd, 4th - 4th.
• Any interference by non participants (drivers taking part in the public race) during the race will sometimes be unavoidable and should therefore be considered as an unavoidable part of the game. • Green run off areas are not part of the track.
• To find the boundaries of track / run off area, please check the pictures in this thread.
Moving off the track:
• When the race begins, it is important that you move off the racing line in a manner that doesn't interfere with those who are competing in the public race.
• If you are placed on the left side of the grid, you must move off the track and onto the grass. If you are placed on the right side, you must pull over to the pitwall, positioned out the way.
• This must be done while being careful not to impeded other drivers on track. Please practice steering off the racing line, to be sure you are comfortable with it prior to your actual race.

Race Start Time Rules:

The race will start exactly 30 seconds after the commencement of the public race.
All drivers are solely responsible for any delay in getting to their grid position. If any driver fails to get to their grid position in due time, then the other driver has the right to commence racing at the 30 second start time.

If both drivers fail to reach their designated grid positions before the 30 second start time, then the start time will begin at 40 seconds after the start of the public race.

Rules devised by moderator Jack. If you have a problem, take it up with him.👍

I am such a loner that I am never in a situation to do this - but it's much farer than blocking people - and unlike TeamGT's claim that it's their internet so they can do what they like, it's MY game and I don't have to do a thing when I get connected to a race - it's my choice if I want to race or not (no, I'm not one of those people who start races, park and wait for the prizemoney - I race with anyone and everyone:D).

Go make another thread about it then, it's not an excuse for private rooms in this manner so all of you stop bringing into this discussion. Infact I wouldn't be surprised if this hasn't been discussed before.

You simply can't prove why a host quits, you can't do anything to stop them because they have the right to quit and you can never prove that they do it purely to end the race for everyone else which is why it isn't going to be breaking the User Agreement as many of you are stating and even if it is how do you prove that they did it with intent to disrupt the other racers?

Now I'm going to do a quick search to see if this has it's own thread, and if it doesn't and people still keep bringing it up here, I'll make a new thread for it.

EDIT: Did my search, here it is, off you go. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=104220

Who said about proving anything, I was simply reffering to people that purposely quit because they got punted and didn't feel they could catch up and quit instead of pulling over at the pit and rejioning the group or the people that purposely boot people out because they want thier own private rooms. Why is there a need for an inquisition, everyone just needs to practice good common senses behavior that is why we are here to have this discussion to educate the ignorant that does not realize they are doing something wrong.

Oh! Dragonistic: if you read my whole comment you will see that I am against private rooms in GT5 "Prologue" with regard to what this thread was discussing. So I don't think I was off topic.

Last edited:
Oh! Dragonistic: if you read my whole comment you will see that I am against private rooms in GT5 "Prologue" with regard to what this thread was discussing. So I don't think I was off topic.

because we've already tried to end the host quitting debate in this thread and people just keep on bringing it up in all its glorious irrelevance.

Look at all the other eyes.

One of the aims is to demonstrate a Sony PD and that it does not take much to make a new update, which includes at least two new circuits, and to do this does not take much time, but will make many gamers happy.

Were to give us this update, we would be willing to forgive also, for the delay of removal of GT5.

If the rules are violated only in good faith.:)

because we've already tried to end the host quitting debate in this thread and people just keep on bringing it up in all its glorious irrelevance.

It's relevant because doing the hosting part of the thread involves excluding people and kicking people out. So you can't take that out of the forum in this thread. You are in an open forum so you can't control what opinions they have. That's what happens when you give people too much control. It becomes a monologue same applies to hosting wanting too much control and leaving others out. When PD gives us the privilege to have private rooms in GT5 then that will be the end of the argument. Then we can argue about something else in the mean time give the others a chance to voice thier opinions. At the same time give others a chance to race. How else are they going to be better drivers if they don't get exposed to good drivers.

A lot of punters aren't necessarily intentional punters they just lack the experience of trialing in high speed corners. It takes a lot of skill to follow someone at the limits of a car without touching the other cars they are trying to pass and the only way that will get better is by practice. If they can't do that because they get getting kicked out then the whole spirit of the sport is ruined. That's why it's called motorsport, autosport or for this matter racingsport, you have to have the spirit of sportmanship. Can't we all just get along now!....LOL

Last edited:

One of the aims is to demonstrate a Sony PD and that it does not take much to make a new update, which includes at least two new circuits, and to do this does not take much time, but will make many gamers happy.

Were to give us this update, we would be willing to forgive also, for the delay of removal of GT5.

I don't get this kind of complaining at all - can't you realise they didn't bother further updating the game because GT5 is close to release? Why spoil the features of the full game when its not that far away?
If PD had said "GT5 will be out in 2011" or something like that, I'd be inclined to agree with these complaints, but as it is it just sounds like to spoilt children to be honest. GT5 Prologue has more features than GT4 Prologue and has been better supported, that in itself should be good enough - there is no need for any more because its just a Prologue not a full game.

Justifying these actions by saying you can't wait for a game for a year is a weak excuse. If that wait is really that bad, why can't you just play other games? There are many other racing games out there with decent online systems that can make the wait more bearable.

And breaking the rules is breaking the rules, I'm not going to side with Dragonistic about this but good intentions doesn't mean you can break rules, as has been said many times already in this thread. Is murdering ok if I had good intentions? I think not.

I'm not particularly bothered too much by TeamGT using this system sparingly. I am bothered that its being encouraged for all to use.

I'm not particularly bothered too much by TeamGT using this system sparingly. I am bothered that its being encouraged for all to use.

Do not want to encourage anyone to use it ..... we have made public only know to do it .... everyone is free to choose what to do. We use it on rare occasions, only for races between true friends, not with all the drivers that we know.

Stop using PD's failure (or perceived failure) to release an update as a means to justify your blatant disregard for both the rules and the rights of other gamers.

Doing this will not prove anything to PD, least of all that it "does not take much to make a new update, which includes at least two new circuits, and to do this does not take much time, but will make many gamers happy."

You sound like a spoilt child who will stamp its feet and scream and yell and break things until it gets what he wants. Grow up, stop blaming everyone else, and come out and say what you really mean:

You have a method for creating private races, you will use it, and you don't care about the consequences for other people.

Stop using PD's failure (or perceived failure) to release an update as a means to justify your blatant disregard for both the rules and the rights of other gamers.

Doing this will not prove anything to PD, least of all that it "does not take much to make a new update, which includes at least two new circuits, and to do this does not take much time, but will make many gamers happy."

You sound like a spoilt child who will stamp its feet and scream and yell and break things until it gets what he wants. Grow up, stop blaming everyone else, and come out and say what you really mean:

You have a method for creating private races, you will use it, and you don't care about the consequences for other people.

Even blatant disregard for the rules? Do not overdo .... During the races the teamgt has absolute respect for the rules to the other pilots, we are correct ..... but on the contrary, other drivers are not and the program allows them to be ..... after a year and a half bad game Allow solutions if we try to improve our racing ..... a PD does not affect our screams .... tell us to wait without seeing each other nulla....marzo / May 2010? We are tired of suffering.

Back