"good private races to everybody!!!"

• Thread starter Gymnastico
  • 192 comments
The fact is though, yes it improves the experience for those using the system, but it is controlling other peoples networks and making there experience worse. The network I am referring to is the GT5P network itself, this system does take control of that network by blocking IPs and such for a brief period. We use our PSN accounts to connect on GT5P, thus the networks are connected.

I understand the intentions which is why I haven't gone trying to report anyone, but the raw simple fact is rules are being broken. Sony makes the rules, YOU agreed to the rules when you signed up to PSN and now if you use this system YOU are breaking the rules. If you don't like the rules, you shouldn't have accepted the user agreement and you can't blame Sony for your own failure to read through the agreement properly when signing up to PSN.

Stop trying to blame Sony, the game or anyone else. You agreed to follow the rules layed out by Sony, and you are breaking them in this act.

Edit: This is aimed at monogres primarily, other people posted inbetween.

I want you to understand one thing, not to justify at any cost, but to better understand.
The use of the program is minimal, it is not continuous, in our tournaments organized is never used, since it needs to secure hosts.

When you want to organize a race among 10 drivers, with friends, then you use it, but this occurs with a rate of 2-3% del'esperienza playing staff.

So it is not a system put into practice every day, always, but only in rare Exceptions.

By this I tell you that you have found this system wants to be just a warning and a Sony PD, to show that can give us much more to queso game, to help us with more experience playing, so there has to be considered very positive .

I understand what you say, but we ask you to understand the intent of teamgt, which is not to harm but to help improve gaming experience.
Just because you have good intentions, it doesn't always mean they're the right intentions.

The control of the network and my personal network, I control what goes on in my computer, sony should not allow this. If you blame me for being against the rules I blame sony it does the same.
Yes, you have every right to control what goes on in your computer, but that still doesn't mean you can control the connection of others!

Just because you have good intentions, it doesn't always mean they're the right intentions.

Yes, you have every right to control what goes on in your computer, but that still doesn't mean you can control the connection of others!

Ok, but this still happens when I come disconnected from host who abandon the race ....
Lo sò lo sò ... .. mine is an attempt to justify, but in recent months we have organized individual championships, team championships ever using Sony rules. Unfortunately many times it has happened to races ruined for faults of others, perhaps the last lap, that just because the host outer race is fun to stop running ... this is not funny.

clacksman - Just to be sure. Those organised Tuscan races were through the same process we use here(eg XX.10) right?
Yes, getting a group to start on a time is all we can do to match up, same as any gtplanet race.
The only way to 'get booted' (to re-use a phrase from this thread) from TPRA is to be a punter, those drivers who show no interest in 'proper' racing find themselves without start times.

Ok, but this still happens when I come disconnected from host who abandon the race
That is very different though. Often the host might not even know that they are the host. And in this case the host isn't singling anyone out.

It doesn't matter how often you do it, you can't drive around in real life, speed once and then say oh it's ok cus I only do it 1% of the time. Rules are rules, you can't just break them a little bit and justify yourself by that. A rule which you agreed to follow is broken in using the system ONE time. You can't say you don't break that rule by saying you only do it a few times rather then alot.

As for the numerous people saying ' oh but when a host quits thats worse ' that is not relevant really. Hosts quit with the intention of removing themself and only themself from the game, not to deliberately remove everyone else as well.

Just to clarify,TeamGT kicked out external drivers just once for a demonstration video.....They are using private rooms for one night in about 3 months.......

It doesn't matter how often you do it, you can't drive around in real life, speed once and then say oh it's ok cus I only do it 1% of the time. Rules are rules, you can't just break them a little bit and justify yourself by that. A rule which you agreed to follow is broken in using the system ONE time. You can't say you don't break that rule by saying you only do it a few times rather then alot.

As for the numerous people saying ' oh but when a host quits thats worse ' that is not relevant really. Hosts quit with the intention of removing themself and only themself from the game, not to deliberately remove everyone else as well.

Is disconnecting against the rules or not??? And if you are the host you know it for sure,unless you are an idiot.....

Is disconnecting against the rules or not??? And if you are the host you know it for sure,unless you are an idiot.....

Disconnecting isn't against the rules, blocking other people and forcing them to disconnect for your own needs IS. You can disconnect yourself at any time as it shouldn't effect anyone else. Yes it does if you're host, but you still quit to remove yourself, not with the intent to remove everyone else.

Not to mention if I'm halfway through a race, I don't think hmm, that guy who just overtook me is the host! I'm far to busy actually driving to pay attention to who's host or not.

That is very different though. Often the host might not even know that they are the host. And in this case the host isn't singling anyone out.

Unlike you ... but no one should be able to get out of racing, sony made an update to that effect, which is bypassed the same, this is a violation of the rules. This is specified in each reer of tender, the abandonment may create problems for other participants.
In my view it is worse to be thrown out during a race, perhaps in the end, a finding that fails why not accepted into the room. It is obviously a point of view of a part.

Just to clarify,TeamGT kicked out external drivers just once for a demonstration video.....They are using private rooms for one night in about 3 months.......

Exactly, it was a demonstration.
One reason to exclude a participant must stop the host to act, ruining his race

In my view it is worse to be thrown out during a race, perhaps in the end, a finding that fails why not accepted into the room. It is obviously a point of view of a part.

You're right, it is worse when a race is ended by a host quitting mid way, but they have the right to quit a race at there own leisure if they don't wanna play anymore. They aren't deliberately stopping people racing they are stopping themselves racing and accidently ending the race for the rest.

This private racing is clearly straight up kicking other people out of a public server without a proper system and does not discriminate between good and bad drivers, or unfair and fair players. It just straight up kicks everyone you don't want in your private race which IS against the rules.

Disconnecting isn't against the rules, blocking other people and forcing them to disconnect for your own needs IS. You can disconnect yourself at any time as it shouldn't effect anyone else. Yes it does if you're host, but you still quit to remove yourself, not with the intent to remove everyone else.

Not to mention if I'm halfway through a race, I don't think hmm, that guy who just overtook me is the host! I'm far to busy actually driving to pay attention to who's host or not.

Let me disagree with you.
Disconnect is not allowed, as I wrote before, and Sony has also tried to fix this problem, but has not settled anything. There are several users who host disconnect during the race, just because outdated or damaged because of improper stupid.
If there is a breach of this system, say, that there is a bug in the system of play, not complete and not programmed so perfect.

You're right, it is worse when a race is ended by a host quitting mid way, but they have the right to quit a race at there own leisure if they don't wanna play anymore. They aren't deliberately stopping people racing they are stopping themselves racing and accidently ending the race for the rest.

This private racing is clearly straight up kicking other people out of a public server without a proper system and does not discriminate between good and bad drivers, or unfair and fair players. It just straight up kicks everyone you don't want in your private race which IS against the rules.

At one point we agree, it's not nice to be thrown out of a race.
But the system was not done to exclude, but to create races with pilots chosen not to hunt but not by involving others, which if accepted will not make the finding for the race ... is this an important difference. I do not want to make you change your mind, but I want you to understand this difference.

Hugo, in which part of the PS agreement does reporting their activity violate the agreement? I was under the impression that any malicious activity was to be reported. Maybe I should reread the agreement. ;)

It doesn't. While you're at it, don't forget to report all the hosts who once disconnected a race (I'm guilty too), since that's a violation of the rules too.
We're all part of the same community, still you failed to even try to convince TeamGT why you think they should refrain from using this method to create private rooms. You only voted for closing the thread and threaten with reporting them. I think you have the wrong attitude here 👎

They have their psn names posted on their website, I've already taken them down, so there is no question of the 10+ drivers listed. And Sony could ban their PS3 master account, at which point they would need to buy another PS3. Whether Sony will or not, only time will tell.

Only the host will violate the rules, so be sure to report the correct drivers...

I have to ask, 1 minute? Is that all? I can go downstairs, roll a ciggy, go upstairs, use the restroom, and refill my drink most of the time in the pre-race wait. I must be fast...

Buy a PAL copy. You'll notice it will be uncommon having to wait for more than a minute.

I suggest that you do away with this - and do what we do. Make a chatroom and if there are unknown people, send a message (it appears on screen) that tells every one to get out of the way and get back on the track to start 20secs after everyone else.

Great sportsmanship, prohibiting unknown drivers, who might be fair racers, to have an entertaining race, by letting them disappear into the distance before you all start 👍 :confused:
This is just as selfish as the method of TeamGT, only their method works better. Pity theirs violates the rules as well.

The problem I have with this system is not the problems it causes now, but the problems it will cause if its encouraged for everyone to do it, which is clearly what is being done.
Obviously its a minority at the moment, but if its encouraged the online mode for Prologue could be completely ruined. Then we would have to wait a year for GT5 without being able to play online because of this "great idea" and people mis-using it.

Even if we told people to do it at "unique times", define unique times for a worldwide game.....odd times for Europe are good times for Australia or the US.

It will sure cause some problems if it's used all the time by several groups/forums. However, if you read the quoted part below you can see what their intention is.
Also different locations and connections might have trouble getting in the same race. If you can realise this by using this method, I think it's a nice tool. As long as the guys from TeamGT stay aware of the drawbacks and keep the use of it to a minimum, I can't see why we can't let them have their fun.

With the 'unique times' I meant entry times like :23/:53. When I enter races outside the different forum schedules, it's rare to find grids with more than 6 drivers at the expert events.
Races with drivers from Europe mixed with American and/or Australian drivers result in lag 95% of the time anyway, unfortunately.

I want you to understand one thing, not to justify at any cost, but to better understand.

So it is not a system put into practice every day, always, but only in rare Exceptions.

I honestly wouldn't mind if it was always use minimally, but it still doesn't mean it doesn't break the rules.

Hosts quitting do not break the rules as they have no intent to disrupt the network, it happens due to the failure to program host migration in. Call of Duty suffers the same fate. That I give you is the games fault, many games allow hosts to quit with no disruption.

However, it is not the games fault that some people race unfairly, it is not fair to discriminate every driver who isn't a tagged user as unfair and it IS breaking the user agreement to block people joining in a public server through IP blocking, no matter how often it's done.

At one point we agree, it's not nice to be thrown out of a race.
But the system was not done to exclude, but to create races with pilots chosen not to hunt but not by involving others, which if accepted will not make the finding for the race ... is this an important difference. I do not want to make you change your mind, but I want you to understand this difference.

It still interferes with others connection, you can't keep attempting to justify this as not breaking the rules. Hosts are allowed to quit, get over it and move on. No-one is allowed to block people joining a public game in order to create a private one. If there is no proper private lobby system on the game itself, all games should be public.

Is impossible to determine whether the disconnection is caused by the "method" or is caused by the fact that the host is completely disconnect from the PSN, a list of hosts is useless, because the safety of the method that was used can not be discovery in any way

Also different locations and connections might have trouble getting in the same race. If you can realise this by using this method, I think it's a nice tool. As long as the guys from TeamGT stay aware of the drawbacks and keep the use of it to a minimum, I can't see why we can't let them have their fun.

Thank you for understanding.

Hosts quitting do not break the rules as they have no intent to disrupt the network, it happens due to the failure to program host migration in. Call of Duty suffers the same fate. That I give you is the games fault, many games allow hosts to quit with no disruption.

Hosts quitting do break the rules, since they're disturbing the network. PD programmed you can't quit races unless you're the only driver left. You have to disconnect from the network to be able to leave a race. It's true that the program fails by not including host migration, but that does mean you're violating the rules as soon as you quit the race as a host. It becomes your own responsibility to check if you're the host or not.

Is impossible to determine whether the disconnection is caused by the "method" or is caused by the fact that the host is completely disconnect from the PSN, a list of hosts is useless, because the safety of the method that was used can not be discovery in any way

Really, you post all over the internet that you do it, Sony have all the evidence they need, if they feel like acting. :sly: They don't have to prove anything at all. Also guys you are not supposed to double post, Berlusca76 has done it and monogres-GTEYE has done it THREE times. You might not agree with some of the views on here but please respect the rules, thank you.

Good post monogres-GTEYE... But.

I'm afraid I have to agree with what seems to be the majority of users and would say this is not good sportsmanship. I like many others have suffered the deliberate punters and random disconnects and had a great many races ruined by them.

My simple suggestion would be to remove the guide from your 'private race' website. You are not going to stop using because I said so, why should you, you've taken the time to learn how to do it and in an odd way I congratulate you for that.

My problem with your system, regardless of wether it's against the PSN terms or not (which in my personal view it is), is that if too many people get hold of it it will ruin the on line experience for the majority with being booted out of races becoming more and more commonplace.

Clean and fair racing for ALL please.

And again in Italian using google translator...

E di nuovo nell'italiano usando il traduttore di google...

Il buono palo monogres-GTEYE.. Ma.

Non ho paura devo essere d'accordo con ciò che sembra essere la maggioranza di operatori e direbbe che questo è il buono spirito sportivo. Amo molti altri hanno sofferto i giocatori d'azzardo intenzionali ed a caso disinserisce e ha avuto molte razze rovinate da loro.

Il mio suggerimento semplice sarebbe togliere la guida dal suo sito web di "razza privato". Lei non fermerà per usare perché ho detto così, perché dovrebbe lei, lei ha portato il tempo a imparare come farlo ed in una maniera strana la congratulo per ciò.

Non il mio problema col suo sistema, senza badare al wether che è contro i termini di PSN o (che nella mia veduta personale che è), è che se troppe persone l'afferrano esso will rovina il sull'esperienza di linea per la maggioranza con essendo fuori inizializzato di razze diventando sempre più banale.

Pulire e la fiera correndo per TUTTO per favore.

Ok, it's nice to notice that the discussion in ths thread has become much more pleasant and interesting.

In short, I state what I have always stated from the beggining. I have no problem with this, I understand the reasons that made TeamGT look for a way to allow private lobbies, and I THANK YOU for your kind attitude in wanting to share what you found with the gtplanet community.

I think many replies in this thread forgot what is written in the first post. I'll quote it:

Dear GTP members,TeamGT is really proud to reveal and share with you the Guide for Private Rooms in Gran -Turismo Prologue. A couple of months ago there was a little misunderstanding,but doesn't matter now. All of us is waiting for the release of G-T 5,but until then all we got is this prologue,few tracks,few cars,and it's more than one year.We hope this guide will help you for a better racing experience,and for sure it will !!! You can say good bye to unfair drivers and race with just your friends!!! All you need is a very fast connection,if you always "host" this guide is for you.

It is a friendly post, and that shouldn't go unnoticed.

However, I think you should consider many valuable points that this discussion brought. My personal oppinion, repeatedly stated, is that I don't feel the need for such a system now, with few players online and most of them fair (and fast :scared: ). As I said, one year ago I would consider it.

But, the most important point is this one: A widespread use of this system by each and every gt5p community in the world can be a problem. So ... even if your intentions are good, I would advise you to keep some secrecy over such a system. So, if I were you I would remove the "Guide" from your site.

Not that I think you would run into trouble with Sony, like Dragonistic thinks (but I won't go into detail on that). But for the reason above posted.

EDIT: Tree'd by Super T

It doesn't. While you're at it, don't forget to report all the hosts who once disconnected a race (I'm guilty too), since that's a violation of the rules too.
We're all part of the same community, still you failed to even try to convince TeamGT why you think they should refrain from using this method to create private rooms. You only voted for closing the thread and threaten with reporting them. I think you have the wrong attitude here 👎

Thanks for you support pal...

I didn't fail, we all failed to convince some selfish and inconsiderate men. If TeamGT thinks they are special and has private races, and then Team X does it, and then Team Y does it, and then Team Z. Then Joe Blow tries to join a race at the same time as teamGT, team x, team y and team z then he will get a connection error. Now tell me Hugo, does that justify their cause? What about Jeo how spend the money to buy a wheel and buy the game with the promise of good online races. I don't see where my thinking is wrong here mate. They should be reported and they shouldn't IP block anyone from racing online with them, just because they are afraid some hack will ruin their race.

If you believe my attitude to be so poor here, then why don't you tell me a better way to think about this? Or a better way to deal with it?

Its just a bunch of crap...

Last edited:
Hosts quitting do break the rules, since they're disturbing the network. PD programmed you can't quit races unless you're the only driver left. You have to disconnect from the network to be able to leave a race. It's true that the program fails by not including host migration, but that does mean you're violating the rules as soon as you quit the race as a host. It becomes your own responsibility to check if you're the host or not.

May I ask how on say Lap 5 of 10 someone is supposed to check if they're host? Ask everyone else to quit 1 by 1? There is no defined method of telling who's the host, you might know, other people might know, but GT doesn't say YOU ARE THE HOST each time you host the game.

The last time I quitted was when the Police were on my doorstep to sort out my motorcycle accident. I'm sorry if I didn't think to check if I was host, using this method I don't even know of, when mid-race.

Yes it does disturb the network when someone quits, but don't you think every game would have a function to stop people quitting if it was against the PSN user agreement? People rarely quit purely to disturb the network, it happens by accident when they wan't to just quit themselves.

It will sure cause some problems if it's used all the time by several groups/forums. However, if you read the quoted part below you can see what their intention is.

Its all well and good having good intentions, but the moment we start encouraging it, we start having more and more people using the same idea. This should be kept to a minimum and telling everyone how great it is without mentioning the disadvantages or warning people about mis-use is very inconsiderate in my opinion.

I don't see why it needs to be used in the first place anyway, as has been mentioned, the amount of dirty drivers still around is at an all time low and besides, all drivers should be given fair chance to race regardless of private meetings because the system we are using is not designed for private use.

but GT doesn't say YOU ARE THE HOST each time you host the game.

No, but Gt say "creating" instead of "joining" when you are the host.
I assume you already know this, but just wanted to clarify for those who may never been hosts 👍

No, but Gt say "creating" instead of "joining" when you are the host.
I assume you already know this, but just wanted to clarify for those who may never been hosts 👍

It does indeed, the host is also the first person listed in the screen before the race. There is no way have knowing though once you pass both of these screens.

Back