Goodwood 5-3 X10'

• Thread starter BHRxRacer
  • 352 comments
I'm a horribly inconsistent driver and make a ton of small mistakes all the time. Most of the goodwood challenges took me between 15 mins and 1 hour.
I'm also the kind of guy that can't give up. Once I start a challenge I'm not quitting until I gold it...

finished the red bull goodwood in 3 hours on a DS3 (christmas tree has a DFGT under it for me, but the girlfriend is only returning home tomorrow after christmas with her folks abroad, so I'm waiting an extra 2 days to unwrap that baby)

I got gold in less than 5 minutes using a DS3 taking it easy. This event is so easy I don't know what people are complaining about. I turn my sensitivity up to 7 as otherwise there is too much steering lag. No aids. Start off in 3rd gear. I carried on for another 2 hours and got a 24.982. Bring on the Vettel X Challenge.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
If you are using a wheel, turn the force feedback completely off. On a DFGT this is done by simply pulling the jack from the back of the wheel. Makes driving the Redbull X cars a million times easier.

If you are using a wheel, turn the force feedback completely off. On a DFGT this is done by simply pulling the jack from the back of the wheel. Makes driving the Redbull X cars a million times easier.

WTF. WTF. WTF. WTF.....
Keep the FF on but set the steering lock to 240 degrees, that will make it easier since you can move the wheels faster. ;) How to do that? It is descriped in the Sim Racing Hardware Subforum I Think. ;-)

I thought this was quite an easy one for a final event. It certainly is for anyone who has done the Vettel Challenge in GT5.

I got it in the fourth attempt, and was 4 or 5 seconds under.

Edit: I should have mentioned that I used a wheel though. Got it half-way through GT5.

For anyone struggling, by saying "it's easy," I'm not tying to have a go at you. It's just "easy" in the sense that it's a very short run, and there is a lot of allowance compared to the Vettel Challenge of GT5 (I haven't tried them in GT6 yet.).

Becoming used to what the car can do and how it behaves is most of the battle. I had my normal settings: everything off except for ABS:1 but I think I changed TCS to 2 for this. Other than practise and repeated attempts, I can only recommend taking the x vehicle out onto a normal track and getting used to what the car can do in corners at top speed.

Last edited:
WTF. WTF. WTF. WTF.....
Keep the FF on but set the steering lock to 240 degrees, that will make it easier since you can move the wheels faster. ;) How to do that? It is descriped in the Sim Racing Hardware Subforum I Think. ;-)
Lol ;-) I'm going to look into this. I doubt the steering lock can be changed on the Logitech DFGT. Would be brilliant if it can be done. Thanks for the heads up

I'm a horribly inconsistent driver and make a ton of small mistakes all the time. Most of the goodwood challenges took me between 15 mins and 1 hour.
I'm also the kind of guy that can't give up. Once I start a challenge I'm not quitting until I gold it...

finished the red bull goodwood in 3 hours on a DS3 (christmas tree has a DFGT under it for me, but the girlfriend is only returning home tomorrow after christmas with her folks abroad, so I'm waiting an extra 2 days to unwrap that baby)

I admire your sticktuitiveness. :)

Sometimes you need a break though. A break can reinvigorate you and give you time to let go of the stress to allow you to focus more intensely when you return to the task. Sometimes one tries so hard that you start to get worse instead of better as you'll begin to reinforce bad driving habits instead of good ones.

Also, good on you for waiting for the significant other to be there to share in the joy of opening presents. Of course you're also delaying the agony of learning to drive with a wheel (everyone REALLY sucks at first.) Good luck! :)

Sark

I admire your sticktuitiveness. :)

Sometimes you need a break though. A break can reinvigorate you and give you time to let go of the stress to allow you to focus more intensely when you return to the task. Sometimes one tries so hard that you start to get worse instead of better as you'll begin to reinforce bad driving habits instead of good ones.

Also, good on you for waiting for the significant other to be there to share in the joy of opening presents. Of course you're also delaying the agony of learning to drive with a wheel (everyone REALLY sucks at first.) Good luck! :)

Sark
Thanks for the heads up :) So it's nothing like driving a real car? (I've had a company car for a while now, so I tend to drive rather "sporty" *cough*).
I realise that taking a break could help a lot, but it would just keep eating me up inside and I'd need hours of distraction to cool down if I get too far into it :P

Its certainly do-able with a DS3. I know this because I did it, lol. I did however, turn TC up to 5, and had all the other "cheats"/driver assists enabled. The car is all but un-drivable without the helpers (which I never use otherwise) - which sorta makes sense since its essentially a fighter jet on wheels, so it should have a "fly by wire" system just like a modern fighter. :) Think it took me about 15 re-tries or so...

I can't do it on DS3, drives me mad !

I am being denied a full house of golds by a made up car in "The Real Driving Simulator"

^^ This.

I honestly think that this car and others like it have no place in this game. Why?? ...
"Gran Turismo 6 - The Real Driving Simulator"
You can't simulate something that doesn't actually exist.
'Simulation is the imitation of the operation of a real-world process or system.'

I never used it in GT5 because in is ridiculously unrealistic, and now I'm being forced to use it for the achievements on a track that's as narrow as a bloody pound coin.

The damned moon buggy should go too. Managed full golds, but what the hell PD?? Should we expect to see a Suzuki Pikes Peak on the moon in the near future?

I've just spent nearly 3 hours trying to get gold, and as you may have guessed I'm getting a little pissed, but I don't intend on giving up.

^^ This.

I honestly think that this car and others like it have no place in this game. Why?? ...
"Gran Turismo 6 - The Real Driving Simulator"
You can't simulate something that doesn't actually exist.
'Simulation is the imitation of the operation of a real-world process or system.'

I never used it in GT5 because in is ridiculously unrealistic, and now I'm being forced to use it for the achievements on a track that's as narrow as a bloody pound coin.

The damned moon buggy should go too. Managed full golds, but what the hell PD?? Should we expect to see a Suzuki Pikes Peak on the moon in the near future?

I've just spent nearly 3 hours trying to get gold, and as you may have guessed I'm getting a little pissed, but I don't intend on giving up.
I think thats why i am having problems too, because I never used it in GT5 either.
I have no interest in the car whatsoever and was dissapointed to see it back in GT6.
I wouldn't actually mind it being there for the people that do like it but making it part of the missions is not cool.

The thing would never be feasible in real life anyway, the drivers would only be able to race for 15 minutes before they are completely shattered.

If you don't drive it like a madman then it's surpricingly easy... after you hit the walls 1mil times that is. Also I used full sencetivity on the DS3.

Back