Goodwood 5-3 X10'

• Thread starter BHRxRacer
  • 352 comments
Did it first time on auto with a DS3 because Sloth magic.

Edit: Had a feeling I could beat that time and just did a 28.805.

Last edited:
I use R2/L2 for throttle/brake with DS3

Got a 30.8 after several trials. The engine sounds awesome, but this is still the mist sadistc event in GT history. I wonder how casual players will cope with it.

Yeah as long as you drive conservatively and stay on the road, gold time is more than achievable. When I saw there's a race for the X10 I was ready to tear my hair out :lol: Thankfully I didn't need to this time.

The X2010 sounds amazing in GT6 btw.

i just did this challenge too 10 min ago and thought, well i guess i am not the only one struggle.
i play with ds3 with x and square. i tried around 30 mins and achieved 30.508.

most difficult is to brake down from gear 6 for the third corner. you spin out very easy there..

it helped me to use the cam above the bonnet.

It took me awhile to actually cross the line without crashing (G27) but it was worth that insane sound the car makes. One of the only good sounds in the game.

Oh God, they brought back this lump of turd RB car? Not looking forward to this, seeing that I drive with pads! If I wanted some sort of space ship, I would play another game! Enjoying GT6 so far though, but this may change now with the Xturd cars!

Show me Vettel driving the real car and then I will care!

Oh God, they brought back this lump of turd RB car? Not looking forward to this, seeing that I drive with pads! If I wanted some sort of space ship, I would play another game! Enjoying GT6 so far though, but this may change now with the Xturd cars!

Show me Vettel driving the real car and then I will care!

I have a bug in this event,when i press start a message shows on the screen saying "Warning. This race cannot be started. The race information is invalid" and the name of the car is wrong under the times we have to beat it says something like Z34(370Z)GT and some chinese or japanese letters

Got a 25.980.

Took me a bunch of tries to even make it to the finish line but when I finally did that was my time. Whats the process to get this replay off my system and onto youtube? I could capture-card it at 720p I guess but that'd be a bunch of work.

Car is straight stupid btw. Watching the replay of it, everything is literally blurring from the speed.

Edit: Trying the built in Export feature now.

Edit 2: Oh I guess thats just a data export :/ Lame. So I'd have to capture it.. hmm

Edit 3: Lets see if this works. Sorry for crappy quality. Premiere Pro was being a piece of crap so quick did it in Movie Maker. And Youtube compression etc. Whenever the piece of crap decides to process a min long video.. JunkTube

Last edited by a moderator:
Man this is crazy. So far I have been playing GT6 via DS3. I can't connect my G27 setup yet. Sounds like I will save myself the headache and wait to play any more of the Goodwood events. Currently I unlocked the 3 series events but I haven't played them.

Just now achieved a gold time of 30.091 on this, using DS3, it took almost an hour and I was beginning to think I would never get a gold time but it is done. :D

When I saw this thread I was stunned the x2010 was so early on so forced my way to it and managed to have 20 minutes earlier on :D! I do like this car, mainly for what I did with it in GT5 on a pad, so definitely feel your woes with this one as the sense of speed seems alot more at Goodwood! Think I'll have a go with the pad in the future, but this is my G27 run for those interested!

Here's my run of 24.564 if anyones interested :)

DS3 - gold on 3rd try. And thank goodness for that - that thing sounded awful - not like GT5 version. Maybe they will fix the fuse for the fan in the next update:lol:
They will not fix it because it sounds incredible.
I hate this car, yet it gives off the most amazing sound I've ever heard.

@darren200cook - Gold on first try? Were you sleeping when you ran D5G?
I got it gold my first time around, but I didn't get a clean run for at least 5-10 tries. (but then I do hate driving these cars)

When I saw this thread I was stunned the x2010 was so early on so forced my way to it and managed to have 20 minutes earlier on :D! I do like this car, mainly for what I did with it in GT5 on a pad, so definitely feel your woes with this one as the sense of speed seems alot more at Goodwood! Think I'll have a go with the pad in the future, but this is my G27 run for those interested!

Here's my run of 24.564 if anyones interested :)

Interesting to see, I had a go earlier but never managed to complete it :lol:. Closest I got was final corner and hit the right wall with finishing line so close. Going by your video, I think it would have been a time in the high 23's though. I think if you are really brave with this car, maybe 22 seconds or lower is possible, hard to judge though what time gain would be if you can do it flat in some sections without having achieved it :lol:.

It took me about 14 attempts to gold it with the DS3.. Man itz tricky lol

🤬 you. And everyone who is skilled enough to gold this or even make it to the finish line. I don't know what "conservative" means as I cannot get anywhere near that. Most of the game is geared towards much more casual players and then they throw this race in. Thanks PD. Seriously, can the DS3 players get a break on this one?

I did a few tries to get used to the speed, crashed it hard into the bails at the heavy braking zone a few times. Then I nailed it in 27 seconds the first time I made it past the bails, think I could go faster too probably. The car is crazy but it sounds awesome, the event itself is so short and to be honest extremely easy compared to the Vettel challenge in GT5.

To put into perspective, to beat the Vettel challenge gold I had to drive as fast as I did during that Goodwood challenge for 2 full laps of Suzuka, Monza + another, just to barely scrape it. Meanwhile In GT6 I have to do only a short blast and I'm almost 4 seconds clear...

I imagine it's still pretty tough with a gamepad, but doesn't even begin to compare to the GT5 Vettel challenge.

First try with a G27, beat gold by 5 seconds.

The car is much more drive-able than in GT5 and FFB isn't as intrusive. I love it now.

The core remains the same: ds3 users set sensitivity to 7, corner faster than what you expect any car to cope, shift quite fast at the start. If all that doesn't work then fiddle with aids (less TC).

I went off track several times, then I managed 32-something, and the next try was 30.6. I'm happy with that.

The hardest part of this game is knocking over cones

I don't know whether to cry or just throw the ds3 through the TV at this point. I don't care about getting gold anymore I just want to see the finish line again. I made it there one in what has to be at least 100 trips probably way more. I can't even get bronze...I guess I'm just pathetic at this.

Of course right after I post this I finish with a time of 36.743, still pathetic compared to most here I know but at least I made it. Never ever to be repeated....ever.

Last edited:
When I saw this event turn up I dreaded it, however it turned out much easier than I expected (G25). A dozen of so attempts to get used to the speed again (since using it in GT5) and it went well.

My disappointment is Goodwood isn't unlocked in freerun yet even after this, anyone know when it unlocks?

I don't know whether to cry or just throw the ds3 through the TV at this point. I don't care about getting gold anymore I just want to see the finish line again. I made it there one in what has to be at least 100 trips probably way more. I can't even get bronze...I guess I'm just pathetic at this.

Completely understand your frustration here, I was trying relentlessly until about 4am the night before last night and nothing I tried would work, I must have hit "restart" a good 50 times EASILY.

Then last night I decided to get the 2 earlier ones out the way in preperation for Polyphony mocking me with the X2011 being in that challenge, I tried about 20 times again and as soon as I got gold on it, I stuck my middle finger up and then clapped afterwards with a huge outburst of "**** YES!!!"

Just don't give up mate :)

Latest Posts

Back