Goodwood 5-3 X10'

• Thread starter BHRxRacer
  • 352 comments
So it's the same 🤬 thing like the Vettel event in GT5? :D

Is just one mission with the X1?

It seems this guy got gold on this. I coudn't get the platinum on GT5 just because this :(

I managed a 29.xxx using a ds3, it was a frustrating 20 minutes with the time set in only my 2nd crossing of the finish line.

So it's the same 🤬 thing like the Vettel event in GT5? :D

Is just one mission with the X1?

It seems this guy got gold on this. I coudn't get the platinum on GT5 just because this :(

It's much easier than the Vettel events in GT5.

I golded this on the second try and I have a total of maybe 1 hours experience in any of the X1 cars.

It sounds pretty cool though. :dopey:

I just got gold, after 3 attempts! First two were crashes at the hard left part. Either way, easy way to grab $70K....and people say it's hard to make money, pfft.

IMG_20131208_015113_zpsb4cd8300.jpg

I just got gold, after 3 attempts! First two were crashes at the hard left part. Either way, easy way to grab $70K....and people say it's hard to make money, pfft.

Funny, it was the third attempt for me too. First was admiring the new, and I must say, amazing engine sound, second the get used to the X's handling and third to cruise on through with a 28.751. Used a DS3 if anyone is wondering.

Anyone from the UK who can only use a pad, go to a Tesco Extra store and buy the £10 wired PS3 controller. It's a big improvement over the DS3, as the analogue sticks feel more taut and the R2 and L2 buttons are more like triggers if like me you set those to accelerate and brake. Only downside is no rumble, but I don't miss it personally.

Interesting to see, I had a go earlier but never managed to complete it :lol:. Closest I got was final corner and hit the right wall with finishing line so close. Going by your video, I think it would have been a time in the high 23's though. I think if you are really brave with this car, maybe 22 seconds or lower is possible, hard to judge though what time gain would be if you can do it flat in some sections without having achieved it :lol:.

When I had that 20 minute go, I could see 23's definitely couldn't see 22's the issue is, is it gets to the point in that car where you can full throttle but the reaction of the wheel isn't quick enough through the kink. I think I found staying on track hardest, if you touch the grass you were basically dragged in and off, chucked into the biggest spin in history :D!

Great time Tidgney 👍

Cheers Zocker :)!

Took me several attempts with a DFGT. It was really starting to get on my tits, but then I took it a bit slower and eventually crossed the line with in ~28 seconds.

Due to the fact that Skid Force Recovery is on you may be able to make up more time by pushing the tyres into sliding. It seems to increase the grip by a massive ammount when you slide, hard to really make use of it on Goodwood though.

When I had that 20 minute go, I could see 23's definitely couldn't see 22's the issue is, is it gets to the point in that car where you can full throttle but the reaction of the wheel isn't quick enough through the kink. I think I found staying on track hardest, if you touch the grass you were basically dragged in and off, chucked into the biggest spin in history :D!
I just had a short run now at it, amazing how much easier it is to go faster with this car when you are more awake :lol:. I ended up doing a conservative last part of run as I knew I was a few tenths up on you already after first two sectors, ended up doing a 24.464 which ended up just being a tenth up. My main problem seems to be second to last corner, trying to go fast as possible without hitting the wall.

I think easiest possible way to do a fast time maybe to change degrees of rotation with G27, I might try that one day. Hard to know limit as there is SRF and the car, the more you push it the more you get out of it. Given it is really high speed anyway, time loss may not be so big doing a small lift instead of going flat out.

🤬 you. And everyone who is skilled enough to gold this or even make it to the finish line. I don't know what "conservative" means as I cannot get anywhere near that. Most of the game is geared towards much more casual players and then they throw this race in. Thanks PD. Seriously, can the DS3 players get a break on this one?
Dude, just keep trying and you will eventually get there in the end. And its not like they are making you do the challenge. Just be cool man, jeez...

(DS3) Took me about 50 attempts, only got to the end twice!

1st was around attempt 20 and was 3.5 seconds off the pace, failed a load more times, then it just happened, 30.5 seconds!!!!

Also, I never completed the Vettel challenges on GT5 after 3 years of trying.

This is definitely easier, since you only have to get it right for 30 seconds, not a few minutes!

Just spent some time learning this more, best so far is a 24.431, hoping to get hold of a capture card in the week so i can record the replay, though I do think that there is more time to be found as I made a few small mistakes. We will definitely see 23 second times, wish there was a leaderboard for all these Goodwood events!

I have to say I really like the sound of this car, it's the only car in the game that sounds realistic. it sounds like an F1 car of sorts.

(DS3) Took me about 50 attempts, only got to the end twice!

1st was around attempt 20 and was 3.5 seconds off the pace, failed a load more times, then it just happened, 30.5 seconds!!!!

Also, I never completed the Vettel challenges on GT5 after 3 years of trying.

This is definitely easier, since you only have to get it right for 30 seconds, not a few minutes!

Same story here.
90% change it is going wrong somewhere.
But when i got gold, i was dancing :)

First Attempt 31.138 🤬
Then like 300 out at the first corner, at least I got a 1.29:xxx
Way much easier than GT5 Vettel Challenge

I had to stop playing. I was about two runs away from throwing my controller into the TV. I like the whole concept of the X1, but damn lower the times. I still never beat the GT5 X1 challenges.

Just spent some time learning this more, best so far is a 24.431, hoping to get hold of a capture card in the week so i can record the replay, though I do think that there is more time to be found as I made a few small mistakes. We will definitely see 23 second times, wish there was a leaderboard for all these Goodwood events!

I have to say I really like the sound of this car, it's the only car in the game that sounds realistic. it sounds like an F1 car of sorts.
I did earlier also 24.286, struggling with second to last corner still. Normally I lose about half a second there due to messing up and get a time in .2XX or .3XX. Problem is if you nail the other section you carry so much speed in, there is such a small window of opportunity to place the car and nailing the corner and my screen seems to struggle to keep up with car there as well. I think going by Tidgney's split on his video, my best was like 7 tenths up on it going into the final sector and I know there is still a few tenths to find leading up to that point.

Probably sounds like next years F1 cars a bit being a V6 Turbo engine.

I did earlier also 24.286, struggling with second to last corner still. Normally I lose about half a second there due to messing up and get a time in .2XX or .3XX. Problem is if you nail the other section you carry so much speed in, there is such a small window of opportunity to place the car and nailing the corner and my screen seems to struggle to keep up with car there as well. I think going by Tidgney's split on his video, my best was like 7 tenths up on it going into the final sector and I know there is still a few tenths to find leading up to that point.

Probably sounds like next years F1 cars a bit being a V6 Turbo engine.

The tight section (3rd from last) near the wall I was taking in 6th with only a quick half throttle lift to get the turn in, but I'm also losing all the time in the 2nd to last corner and as a result down the following straight and the final flatout corner. I could have gone faster in the first corner too really.

23 time is there if you can nail it all, massive time to be gained if you can take that 2nd to last corner properly, maybe even resulting in a 22 time with it all put together.

I think one of the keys to golding it is taking it slow in the later half of the track. You have plenty of time, so go as fast as you can until you hit the 3rd turn (the slow left hander). After that, don't push too much.

It took me about 10 minutes to gold it, using the Thrustmaster T500. I admit, I had to switch to Automatic transmission, so that I could focus on steering. I couldn't even get Bronze in the X challenges in GT5. But this one I thought was fairly easy. If only because it's much shorter.

Too bad these events are one-off payments :P.

btw, turning the HUD off, or at least the timer, might be beneficial, as you aren't distracted by how well you're doing. So far, I've done all my driving/racing in GT6 without the HUD. Quite fun actually.

The tight section (3rd from last) near the wall I was taking in 6th with only a quick half throttle lift to get the turn in, but I'm also losing all the time in the 2nd to last corner and as a result down the following straight and the final flatout corner. I could have gone faster in the first corner too really.

23 time is there if you can nail it all, massive time to be gained if you can take that 2nd to last corner properly, maybe even resulting in a 22 time with it all put together.
I'm also carrying loads of speed through there which is a problem as you can nearly take it flat, probably can if you nail timing. I noticed when I took it slowly it was much easier to go through next corner faster. It seems a question of getting lucky with second to last corner. I think if I get it half decent I will probably get a 23.7/23.8 .

Wow!
Just completed it after 10+ tries on the DS3.

Tips:
Turn the sound off, turbo charged hair dryers are not appealing after the first 4 seconds of use.
Lower the Steering sensitivity to -1. Stopped the snapping back and spinning the spinning top out.
Drive it like your dads car, don't charge into corners, take it slow. If you miss out be .5 seconds then beat the ghost by half a car length.

Glad the challenge is over, over all I'd say I struggled MORE with the One-77 and it's god awful, god awfulness.

Back