Goodwood 5-3 X10'

• Thread starter BHRxRacer
  • 352 comments
It was a nice practise for the upcoming X Challenge :) I manager 28.667 seconds after 3 tries (with a wheel)

As a side note the new X2010's sound magnificent, I love that sound!

I did it with my g27. I put it in 180 degree mode and with some patience it is doable.
How to put it in 180 degree mode is described in the Sim racing hardware subforum.

I have a bug in this event,when i press start a message shows on the screen saying "Warning. This race cannot be started. The race information is invalid" and the name of the car is wrong under the times we have to beat it says something like Z34(370Z)GT and some chinese or japanese letters

I also have the same bug.
I'm updating the PS3 to the latest system version. Not sure if that will fix it, though. I had already played the first three Goodwood events. It also occurs on the Lunar Exploration.

3rd attempt, 31.092. "Well that was intense, i can get faster than that!" 20min of talking to my self like a psycho and pulling out my hair and i finally get a 30.315. Never accepting a X prototype challange again.

Edit: On a DS3, all aids, except abs 1, were off.

Last edited:
I also have the same bug.
I'm updating the PS3 to the latest system version. Not sure if that will fix it, though. I had already played the first three Goodwood events. It also occurs on the Lunar Exploration.

I updated the PS3 system software and the bug seems to have gone away. It no longer complains about invalid race information and no longer shows the Z34 incorrect car.

Took me about 20 minutes to complete it in about 28.xxx. Only time I made it across, only time I'll try.

Setup was a DS3, manual trans (L2 and R2), X for throttle and Square for brake. All aids off except ABS at 1. Sensitivity was left alone.

Only thing I was annoyed about was that I got no prize cars from any of the Goodwood challenges (I'm thinking you have to update, as I'm still on 1.00?)

3 tries and got down to 28.000 (this exact time! was really chuffed with getting dead on .000!)

dfgt - everything off except abs 1

same here, nearly 2 seconds better then gold time, and with the controoler and analogue sticks. it was a complete a*** to deal with but didn't half feel great when i finally did it. :)

My fastest time is now 23.905 :). I finally managed to get into the 23's with a neat and tidy lap, nothing spectacular but I knew I could probably drop about 4 tenths and still make it. There is so much potential in the car, I knew half way through my fastest lap I was more than two tenths down than I normally am, so commited myself to do last sector well and managed to do it. I know it is possible to do it a bit faster having gone flat in section leading to it before, however it is very hard to do final section then so I think I managed a good compromise.

I haven't explored second to last corner much so I wonder if you can carry much more speed into it if you ace the entry and do it without braking committed on throttle. Will be interesting to see what times the top drivers in the game can manage, I'm expecting low to mid 23's now, well that's what I hope so I'm not too far off the pace :lol:.

23.905 Wow Congrats! I've only managed 27.785 with a DS3 i really should consider getting one of those wheels^^

My first completed lap was the only one I needed. I spent an hour pushing hard as hell thinking I would need it and then on a conservative run I passed by a second and a half. I did in 29.6, swear to God a 27-second time is out there.

Took me about 5 minutes with DS3. I thought it was relatively easy. I was more hung up on the R18 and xbow than the X 10.

New to Gt Planet, although I've been playing Gran Turismo since Gt2. I visit the site often to try and find some valuable information, but mostly get entertained with peoples arguments over nothing, anyways. Took me countless times but I finally did it!

Attachments

• 20131208_231407.jpg
    20131208_231407.jpg
    893.3 KB · Views: 5
I updated the PS3 system software and the bug seems to have gone away. It no longer complains about invalid race information and no longer shows the Z34 incorrect car.

I have left the game and reentered and the correct car appeared, if anyone else havethis bug exit the game and enter again that it will fix it

Took about 20-30 attempts to actually cross the line, can't remember the time but it was a silver. So another 20 goes later and I get about the same. Mostly I'm either running off at the second corner, or at the tight left hander, or, it's barrier collision at the right left jink next to the wall. So I'm having to be too conservative.

Using a DS3 and bumper cam, what camera are you guys using?

Took me almost 1 hour to complete this mission and I barely got gold. To make this a little easier, I did the whole event on 4th gear.

So, am I that untalented? :dunce:
The best I've managed was silver (barely) with a G27 with all aids off :nervous:

Use ABS, start the race from 3rd gear, brake early for the 3rd corner (tight left hander). Getting gold is pretty easy if you get a good run.

The best I've managed was silver (barely) with a G27 with all aids off :nervous:
Wasn't it easier to get gold on these X1 events with a wheel??? If you had difficulties getting gold with the DS3 I would understand.

There is plenty of margin to get Gold by on this event so as long as you don't slow down too much. Following driving line is enough to get Gold, here is a video Famine put up which should help you see how fast you need to go to get Gold:

There is plenty of margin to get Gold by on this event so as long as you don't slow down too much. Following driving line is enough to get Gold, here is a video Famine put up which should help you see how fast you need to go to get Gold:

No aids and or racing line for me, but I'll have to try it again tonight starting in 2nd gear and see if it does any better! :)

Back