Goodwood Hill Climb confirmed to feature in Gran Turismo 6! + Videos

I don't remember the exact thread or the exact guy, but months ago someone posted this as a fact. He said a friend of him worked at Goodwood and told him that plenty of people from PD went there to model the Hillclimb. He didnt had any proof besides the very sound argument of "Why would I be lying?", and that's why he got pummeled beyond decency by part of the community.

Here's a thank you, to Mr. "I told you first about Goodwood". After all, whistleblowers, "a friend of a friend" guys and "I live across Bathurst" dudes are what contribute to GTP being the first website that knows anything Gran Turismo way before it's oficially announced.

Edit: Mr. Bowen747, he told us about this way before it was confirmed :gtpflag:.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=282232&highlight=goodwood

Gotta love the "I told yo so!" moments :D

Last edited:
The track looks great. The tree lovers in the forum should be very pleased.
I would say, with this amount of detail it's more like a drivable photo location. That probably can not sustain more than one car on track.

Personally I think the track is a bit too short to be fun. Also I don't understand why it's called a hill climb, thats not a hill. Where I come from its a bump, my own driveway has more elevation than this thing.

I don't remember the exact thread or the exact guy, but months ago someone posted this as a fact. He said a friend of him worked at Goodwood and told him that plenty of people from PD went there to model the Hillclimb. He didnt had any proof besides the very sound argument of "Why would I be lying?", and that's why he got pummeled beyond decency by part of the community.

Here's a thank you, to Mr. "I told you first about Goodwood". After all, whistleblowers, "a friend of a friend" guys and "I live across Bathurst" dudes are what contribute to GTP being the first website that knows anything Gran Turismo way before it's oficially announced.
+1

I was expecting to see a mea-culpa.

But anyway, I agree completely. It harms none to entertain a notion.

And to his credit, Samus has mentioned this a couple of times already, giving credit where credit is due:tup:👍

Thanks Bowen747...by the way, have you or your friends been to Donington, Oultan Park or Thruxton lately?...just sayin'.....

Edit: Mr. Bowen747, he told us about this way before it was confirmed :gtpflag:.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=282232&highlight=goodwood

Gotta love the "I told yo so!" moments :D

Well, that old thread could be reopened now as we have seen the proof :lol:
Here's to you Bowen747 :cheers:

And to his credit, Samus has mentioned this a couple of times already, giving credit where credit is due:tup:👍

Damn, late to the party yet again!!! :lol:

Well, no harm in mentioning it again. Credit goes where credit is due as you said, and guys like him are what makes the wait for an upcoming Gran Turismo all the more exciting.

The lesson is kids: You never know when someone can be right, so don't act like a keyboard warrior screaming "OMG PROOOF OMG PICS OMG OMG EVERYONE HAS A CAMERAPHONE".

I hope the straw bales move if you hit them, it'd be a shame if they're more like rock solid concrete blocks.

From the way they look I don't think they will actually move. But maybe they spray "straw particles" if one hits them. Or maybe you get sparks like if you grind a safety barrier... I personally expect the latter. :sly:

Damn, late to the party yet again!!! :lol:

Well, no harm in mentioning it again. Credit goes where credit is due as you said, and guys like him are what makes the wait for an upcoming Gran Turismo all the more exciting.

The lesson is kids: You never know when someone can be right, so don't act like a keyboard warrior screaming "OMG PROOOF OMG PICS OMG OMG EVERYONE HAS A CAMERAPHONE".

I remember that thread..I felt bad for the poor guy..lol.

I am trying not to look to much into it, but could this statement actually mean something?👍
Doesn't the press release state that the GT6 demo pods at the Goodwood Festival of Speed will feature the Hill Climb?

http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_3833505.html

Goodwood’s renowned 1.86km Hill Climb, centre piece of the British stately home’s annual Festival of Speed, has been announced as a new track to feature on the forthcoming Gran Turismo®6 for PlayStation®3. Polyphony Digital Inc., creators of PlayStation®’s best-selling Gran Turismo® franchise, recently announced a deal to partner the Goodwood Festival of Speed (11-14 July). A new GT6™ demo will now give some of the expected 185,000-plus spectators their chance to challenge Nick Heidfeld’s 1999 41.6s course record set in a Formula 1 car. The demo will include a range of stunningly recreated cars to race up the virtual version of "the Hill".

Back