Got a copy of GT6, ask questions here

BakNdw8CYAAPr1b.jpg
I have tried to make a donut (look at 2nd screen), however, it still without tire smoke. it's bad for you :nervous:

Not sure where I'm supposed to look for that, but there doesn't seem to be anything about it in Options -> Display. Only talks about display size and brightness.

Anyway, I just bought the BRZ GT300 base car. It doesn't seem like you can do much with it. Exactly like the RM cars in GT5; paint the car, paint the wheels and change the number on the car (still only 4 types of font too). That's about it. I'll post if I find that you can do something new with it.

This is what i feared, but hopefully with updates liverys will be brought or the option to create "one can only hope"

Could you check the credits? Maybe there will be a clue about which cars will be added in future (PD have a licence for cars which are not present in the game at the date of release)?
I remember someone looked at the credits for GT5 and found some for the One-77 and a Saleen S7R iirc.

Really? It sounds silly to me.. And over taking and running away from an LMP1 in a GT car? :lol:

Thats what i though very unrealistic

Sorry but I think the endurance races of GT5 were ridiculous. I'm a family man and simply don't have the time to do huge long races, even if I pause and continue later. This is the only thing that kept me from getting 100% completion on GT5.

That said though, I think PD should actually give us the option of choosing if we rather do a real 24 hour race (with pause ability) or a 24 minute race.

Well if it helpsi believe your B Spec drivers can now help you out in endurance races as they did in GT4

When I completed the 24 Hours of Le Mans I used the stealth Audi R10 car with no upgrades so it really came down to pit stops to win. Made it pretty exciting I thought.

lol i used the Mazda 787B Stealth

Last edited by a moderator:
Any changes to tuning in anyway? Any additional attachments...any that were removed?

And what about racing modifications? Have they been expanded?

HEY i have a question?
The Nissan 180sx '96 (Standard Car) can you change front Bumper ore Rear Bumper ?

And the Mersedes-Benz 190E, can you remove wing on that car?

The Charger looks and sounds quite nice.

I agree. Also the Genesis is sounding really good. This is prove that PD can do things right when they want to. Yes, the Charger has the same sound as the Challenger SRT8 and most Corvettes, but at least it sounds like a V8. And the Genesis has the same sound sample as the Lotus Evora, but since it's a very nice six cylinder sound, it is also correct.

So you see, PD? You don't need to go record more sounds or figure out how to fix them (until GT7, of course), you already have a very hefty amount of assets to work with. Just rearrange the samples and assign them to the car they better fit into.

I'm start thinking that new premium cars will get updated sounds...
so these will be gt6 categories:

standards->improved standards->premiums->premiums with good sounds?

Looks like they started to work on new sounds "late"

I agree. Also the Genesis is sounding really good. This is prove that PD can do things right when they want to. Yes, the Charger has the same sound as the Challenger SRT8 and most Corvettes, but at least it sounds like a V8. And the Genesis has the same sound sample as the Lotus Evora, but since it's a very nice six cylinder sound, it is also correct.

So you see, PD? You don't need to go record more sounds or figure out how to fix them (until GT7, of course), you already have a very hefty amount of assets to work with. Just rearrange the samples and assign them to the car they better fit into.

You are definitely right.

I really don't feel the need of hearing the exact sound of the engine of every car in the game... just the "right" sound for the type of engine...
But remember... they are "slow perfectionists" so maybe we will wait years

Last edited by a moderator:

Yep! A good thing they could do now it's to change the Huayra sound for a proper V12 sound... together with the turbo sounds it would be better. Why not use the Merc SLS sound? (as Pagani uses a Mercedes engine)... I wrote bs, and I'm sorry for that.

There's some interesting sounds that they did quite well imho... The V8 Jaguars are quite good! The XKR '99 (the automatic) sounds great with the smooth gear changes.

Last edited:
Yep! A good thing they could do now it's to change the Huayra sound for a proper V8 sound... together with the turbo sounds it would be better. Why not use the Merc SLS sound? (as Pagani uses a Mercedes engine)...

The SLS features a far higher-revving V8. Actually it kinda sounds like a Veyron.

The SLS features a far higher-revving V8. Actually it kinda sounds like a Veyron.

Just forget what I said... wrote thinking in V8, it's actually a V12... What a shame. :( Anyway, it doesn't sound much as a V12 right now. What the hell was my head at? Damn hype is making me mad.

Just forget what I said... wrote thinking in V8, it's actually a V12... What a shame. :( Anyway, it doesn't sound much as a V12 right now. What the hell was my head at? Damn hype is making me mad.

That's okay, I forgot it was a V12 too. :P

I just remembered it uses a modified SL Black engine and that it was lower-revving because of the turbos. It really does sound like a Veyron, though, despite two more turbos and four more cylinders. I watched videos of them back to back and it's uncanny how alike they sounded.

I didn't say you had to do it. I don't see why you'd have a go at another member for it though, especially when he's provided valuable information that in no way spoils your enjoyment of the game.

Unless you were really looking forward to grinding lots of cash in order to determine what the cap was, in which case, tough titties.
Bags of sand.

Maybe because the Supra is overrated and not special enough to waste time modelling?

Overrated? Yeah, that's true. It's only a legendary Japanese sports car. Yes, and a Honda Civic is faster than a 911 GT3. :lol:

Or maybe they couldn't find a single stock Supra to use for modeling it..

THERE'S a plausible answer. After all, those types of cars unfortunately attract complete morons as owners for some reason.

There's another way to look at this especially for the Supra and the AE86 as they are amongst the most requested standards to be made premium. I think that these two amongst others are scheduled to have premium versions as DLC so there was not much point in spending too much (or any) time on their standard counterparts.
Could be wishful thinking on my part of course but I'd actually be fairly suprised not to see them as premiums at some point in GT6.

Yeah, i posted before about how they could expand their updates into not only adding features, but also cars for free. Not just in the form of DLC. No Premium MKIV = Big head-scratcher.

Back