Got it today?

• Thread starter jacksmith
  • 75 comments
For all you americans with Fry's Electronics stores!

Friday they will have it and it will be: 49.96$

Cheapest i've seen it :)

i'm in uk, and shopto dispatched my copy yesterday morning. it is in a royal mail van somewhere in the uk :D. should get it tommorow

I got mine yesterday. Because I was one of the first to pre-order it I got a nifty Formula 1 USB... Picture up when I can find my **** phone :-)

Just picked a PS3 copy up from Future Shop. This kills me because:

1) I know I've just put a little more money in Bernie's pocket. :ouch:

2) The game costs $69.99 in Canada (+ $9.10 tax), as opposed to $59.99 in the US (where I could have picked it up next week). :indiff:

3) It makes F1CE obsolete - & I can honestly say that I have more replay value out of F1CE than any other racing game I've played, & still enjoy playing it.

Let's hope it's all worth it ...

Mine got posted tuesday so i should hopeflly be getting mine tomorrow, fingers crossed

Canceled my order on Amazon as it hasn't shipped, will hit BB tomorrow as their site has it listed as "in stock" at all stores close to me.

Just picked a PS3 copy up from Future Shop. This kills me because:

1) I know I've just put a little more money in Bernie's pocket. :ouch:

2) The game costs $69.99 in Canada (+ $9.10 tax), as opposed to $59.99 in the US (where I could have picked it up next week). :indiff:

3) It makes F1CE obsolete - & I can honestly say that I have more replay value out of F1CE than any other racing game I've played, & still enjoy playing it.

Let's hope it's all worth it ...

Don't worry Grandma, women act like that very often, it's in their nature that they can't help it ! :sly:

Just in from work, my lovely wife went shopping for me today and picked up a copy for me.

Our local K-Mart (hadn't heard of it :dopey:) and EB games (sold out) didn't have it. But to her eternal credit she didn't give up and got a copy for me at Game.

I've just performed 3.50 update and installed the game.

Now it's just a waiting game for my pesky kids :lol: to go to bed so I give it a good test.

I'm not really sure how CM arranged production and distribution of the game. But they obviously ran into some supply chain problems here.

My Amazon order still indicates "scheduled to ship" on the 27th. Whether that's true or not, who knows. That's what it's been saying for more than two months. (It was part of a larger order that was purchased with free super-saver shipping. And they nearly always show a shipping date a few days to a week after release when using this method).

However, clicking on the game now on Amazon brings up two options. It's in stock but only through a 3rd party vendor and they require 3-4 days 'processing'. Amazon themselves show it out of stock and shipping in 2-4 weeks.

I looked on-line and none of the Best Buys near me have in stock. They claim it's available for in-store pick up in 3-5 days. But going to their main site to order on-line shows it out of stock with a wait of 1-2 weeks. :grumpy:

At this point, I'm guessing nobody really knows for sure when they'll have more in stock. And I'm reluctant to order from anyplace else. If I find out Gamestop has it on the shelves next week and there's no word from Amazon I'll probably cancel. My thought yesterday was I would just wait for Amazon to ship it out. The whole reason I purchased it from Amazon in the first place was because I was able to use an instant coupon (got it for <$40 when I ordered) and with free shipping. But now I'm beginning to think it may be 2, 3, 4 weeks or more before they have it in stock.

Postman has been and gone again for me with nothing to deliver, and the sorting office is now changing it's story on the whereabouts to the item being "in the system", so this smells like another brilliant bit of incompetence from the country's worst delivery service.

Pretty ****** off here.

Hi, F1 2010 preordered ShopTo, also a Gun(instock not official Sony one on) for Move ordered on 20th from ShopTo. Emails both posted early 21st, both first class RM, Gun just arrived, no F1 2010 ? strange, as if whoever, holding F1 2010 for delivery tomorrow.

Wrong :) , postwoman just picked up another Bag( get dropped near me), F1 2010 just came through Letterbox :) , so any delays could be due to RM or your location maybe.
Don't think i will have much time to play, today though :grumpy:

Cheers BOB

Got my copy (PC version) this morning from shopto. Dispatch email was sent TUE afternoon so not bad really. Bit optimistic of a delivery yesterday anyway.

Now to see how all these varying impressions stack up to my own. :lol:

Postman has been and gone again for me with nothing to deliver, and the sorting office is now changing it's story on the whereabouts to the item being "in the system", so this smells like another brilliant bit of incompetence from the country's worst delivery service.

Pretty ****** off here.

Well, not got mine yet either. They do say up to 3 working days, to be fair. Though I did send a cheque to the arse end of Scotland yesterday that arrived this morning.

I got mine today, I've spun ALOT! & I got so many penalties I had a 25 place grid drop..
Thing is all I did was rejoin the track with no cars around me..

I got my copy today and one thing I can say for sure regardless of anything else, if you don't concentrate for a second you WILL crash and or spin :)

GameFly didn't ship the game until yesterday (release day). On Twitter they said that receiving the shipment was the issue. GameFly's policy is to ship the day before. So yeah, there was some sort of screw up with CM. I won't get my game until tomorrow (Friday).

Last edited:
Well, there is a little ray of hope after all.....
I received a text last night from Gamestop stating that my pre order : F1 will be ready for pickup in the PM.

So I called a few minutes ago and the guy told me that they just received a bunch of boxes and that it will take them a couple of hours to go through them. And then told me to call back in a few hours to see if they indeed got it.

Man I sure hope they do.......... otherwise I will have lost all faith in their ability to tell the customers when their stuff is actually available...

When it does get here, I could "keep" it for $44.99.

Wifey Pooh works at Target and they still don't have it!

i got to a GAME shop 5 minutes before closing, and it was on the shelf. i picked it up and went to the checkout, very pleased with myself...

'sorry, we've just stocked the shelf for tomorrow and we can't sell it to you till then'

sigh :grumpy: ah well, i'll get it asda in the morning and save myself a couple of quid :D

So I called a few minutes ago and the guy told me that they just received a bunch of boxes and that it will take them a couple of hours to go through them. And then told me to call back in a few hours to see if they indeed got it.

Man I sure hope they do.......... otherwise I will have lost all faith in their ability to tell the customers when their stuff is actually available...

Well, let's be reasonable, at this point it's pretty clear that this fiasco has nothing to do with Gamestop. It's not as if they're the only store in the Continental US who can't get their hands on the game. Nobody can. Or at least nobody did when they were supposed to. Just about every major retailer out there missed the scheduled due date. And when this happens, it's because the manufacturer couldn't get the product delivered in time.

I can't tell you specifically how Codemasters handled distribution of this particular game. But generally speaking, the manufacturer has to start shipping from the origin point to distribution centers long in advance. This could be anywhere from a week to a month depending on the circumstances. From there, product gets sent to distribution centers for major retailers. Amazon, Gamestop, Target, BestBuy, etc--they all have dozens of such distribution centers in different regions throughout the United States. From there, the product is individually distributed to individual stores, likely through their own channels. Which means it's possibly being shipped, in this case, from a Gamestop regional distribution center to individual Gamestop stores along with a laundry list of other stock items. Gamestop alone has what, over 4,000 retail locations just in the US. It's a major undertaking just to get those copies to so many different places. In order to meet release date deadlines, this is normally done with some margin for error. So we can only speculate that CM, whether their fault or not, cut things too close.

For those who ordered from Gamestop, I just picked up my copy a few minutes ago, so I'm sure you'll get it today.

Individual Gamestop stores probably don't have detailed manifests with live tracking. They probably only know what's been delivered when they open the box and check the packing list. If the game was supposed to be released on a certain day, all stores in the retail chain SHOULD have had the game already, at some point in the last 3-5 days, just sitting in the stockroom. That they didn't means it will probably filter into individual stores, a few at a time, over the next few days. But don't just assume because one store has it today that they all do.

Last edited:
For all you americans with Fry's Electronics stores!

Friday they will have it and it will be: 49.96$

Cheapest i've seen it :)

Their ad for the L.A. market says that price is only set in stone through today. :nervous:

jjaisli

I think some where down the line you misunderstood the point I was trying to get a crossed....

I keep being told different days and times that it will be available..... If Gamestop would have told me on Monday that they weren't sure when they would have it I would have been fine with that.... But instead they keep saying " tomorrow" "tomorrow" "In a couple of hours we'll see if we have it" which kind of pisses me off. Don't tell me one thing and then change it to something else later. If they didn't know when, they could have just said that from the get go.

Last night I received a text from them saying it will be available today in the Pm, so if it's not available later today who's fault is it for telling me it would be....? Codemaster didn't tell it was going to be ready for pickup today.....Gamestop did

Their ad for the L.A. market says that price is only set in stone through today. :nervous:

I asked them yesterday and they said they'll have it Monday. I asked about the sale and the guy said it will no longer be on sale then. I was in no mood to complain, so i just left :)

Found a copy at my local BestBuy. Kind of funny we have 2 BestBuys in town and one had 4 copies and the other didnt have any, and when I asked them they said it would be Monday till they got it. I would have thought that 2 stores in the same town would have the same supplier.

GameStop didnt have it either, all 3 of them thought it would be in today, but when I called them, none got it in.

jjaisli

I think some where down the line you misunderstood the point I was trying to get a crossed....

.... But instead they keep saying " tomorrow" "tomorrow" "In a couple of hours we'll see if we have it" which kind of pisses me off. Don't tell me one thing and then change it to something else later. If they didn't know when, they could have just said that from the get go....

Yes, I think I did misunderstand you. But still, at that point, they probably figured they would have it soon. And since it was scheduled to be released on the 22, it's not unreasonable for them to think they should have it, "soon". By all right, they should have. And they were probably expecting it to be in the next delivery.

Last night I received a text from them saying it will be available today in the Pm, so if it's not available later today who's fault is it for telling me it would be....? Codemaster didn't tell it was going to be ready for pickup today.....Gamestop did

Here I agree. That's just dumb. At this point, the cat is out of the bag, they know something is wrong. And I would hope they looked into it and are giving you correct information. If one wants to be cynical, I could argue that online as well as brick and motor stores were not exactly forthcoming with delays like this (from a top-down level) because lots of people who put down pre-orders will just cancel and buy it from whoever does have it.

Found a copy at my local BestBuy. Kind of funny we have 2 BestBuys in town and one had 4 copies and the other didnt have any, and when I asked them they said it would be Monday till they got it. I would have thought that 2 stores in the same town would have the same supplier.

Anything is possible. The Best Buy website now shows it on back order with a 1-2 week wait. I checked in-store pick up and out of 6 stores in my region, only 1 has it. But it's at least a 40 minute drive from my house. At this point, based on some of the reviews. I'll stick with Amazon and hope it ships next week. I'd rather not pay full retail price for something I suspect I may find disappointing.

Last edited:
The 3 GameStop stores in my area get their games delivered via UPS or if a district manager goes to get them. There are some times where the same UPS driver delivers to the Target, Best Buy, and GameStop that are all in the same shopping area. On a typical Wednesday street date, my GameStop typically gets games at 9:30 - 9:45 am, games are checked in and ready to be sold at 10.

Hopefully Nov 2nd is the STREET DATE and not the ship date. If it is, just like GT5p, we won't be playing until Wednesday.

Anything is possible. The Best Buy website now shows it on back order with a 1-2 week wait. I checked in-store pick up and out of 6 stores in my region, only 1 has it. But it's at least a 40 minute drive from my house. At this point, based on some of the reviews. I'll stick with Amazon and hope it ships next week. I'd rather not pay full retail price for something I suspect I may find disappointing.

Thats why I wanted to go with BestBuy for my purchase. I had $30 in reward zone points, plus a $25 gift card. So in the end it really only cost me $8.59.

Latest Posts

Back