Got it today?

• Thread starter jacksmith
  • 75 comments
Preordered Wed. at Gamestop, they said it would be in Fri. I called BestBuy early today (Thurs), they had a copy so I told them to hold it for a couple hours. I went in to GS, they said it came in so the guy looked around a bit, made a phone call, went in the back, came out, made two more calls, said it would be there Fri., probably. I cancelled the preorder, went to BB and bought one of two copies that they had. I have a feeling my local GS won't have it Fri either.

Anyway, played for a few hours with all aids off with G25. I just did a lot of time trials and what not.. damn surprised at how good the gfx, physics, forcfeedback, and overall feel of the game is. It's a lot of fun just doing laps! I think this is going to be a keeper.. Very good first impressions. I am more of a race sim than race game guy. My favorite physics model of all time is is Richard Burns Rally. It's hard, but in a believable way, F1 2010 isn't that difficult, but it has that "believable" and "realistic" feel. I'm glad I bought it today!

Got it today from Frys, then my ps3 went YLOD. This is probably the 6th time i reflowed this console in the past year. I must be doing something wrong :(

I got my PS3 version today at Gamestop, Still trying to get the car dialed in properly.

Got it today on steam, quite disapointed overall, terrible steering wheel support, FFB doesnt really do anything other than resistance, doesnt run well on a mid range pc and the graphics are buggy, physics are bad and the car handles nothing like a real car.

Graphics are great il give it that much, it looks good but they spent too much time adding spices without getting the main ingredients right.

I just got it..
I kinda like it BUT..

graphics are worse than I expected.
And damn what would 3D-tree-moaners say about the mirrors in F1 2010..
It's a joke actually:P!

Although the feel is better than I expected.
Nothing compared to GT5 but okay, it's F1 and in that way a little hard to compare.

The only thing I know is :
yes it will keep me busy until GT5,
but when the holy grail is there,
F1 2010 will only be in my PS3 during real world F1 weekends I guess

I thought the graphics (pc version) are as good as i have seen from any racing game, though physics and FFB wise i am disapointed. I played Ferarri virtual academy as a "keep me busy until F1 2010" and the ferarri game is 100x better with the driving experience, realism, forcefeedback, and while the track graphics are not as good the car itself looks alot better than the cars in F1 2010.

Playing FVA spoiled F1 2010 for me as i find it annoying to go back to playing something so unpolished and unconnected as far as the driving experience is concerned.

I just got it..
I kinda like it BUT..

graphics are worse than I expected.

The only thing I know is :
yes it will keep me busy until GT5,
but when the holy grail is there,
F1 2010 will only be in my PS3 during real world F1 weekends I guess

Are the graphics that bad? how does it compare let's say to F1:CE, Ferrari challenge and NFS Shift? expecting it to be better than the first 2 at least or .. :nervous:

Planning to buy it after Singapore practice 3 which is after an hour but before the qualifying :cheers:

Those 3 games are better, although I seem to remember Shift using a stupid filter too?
F1:CE has much sharper and brighter graphics, Ferrari Challenge is all around just a bit better.

If Codies didn't use the stupid brown filter, it would look far better...but then we would see all their jaggies, and there are plenty already with the filter applied...

Are the graphics that bad? how does it compare let's say to F1:CE, Ferrari challenge and NFS Shift? expecting it to be better than the first 2 at least or .. :nervous:

Planning to buy it after Singapore practice 3 which is after an hour but before the qualifying :cheers:

I don't know how it's on pc ,
but on PS3..it's actually bad yes.
I don't know about those othere games except for shift. Shift was a bit better than F1 2010 in graphics.

i have the PS3 version and i think the graphics are good. But the frame rates are bad. All edge aren't smooth. Its a shock at first when your sitting just in front of a big TV whit a wheel, when u are used to play GT5P.

PS3 ver., I have 52" 1080p Aquos. I always turn the "sharp" setting down for PS3 games like GT5p and F1 2010 that have some jaggies (to about -4). For F1 2010 I also turn the backlight 3 or 4 notches up. It looks great to me after that. Of course all PS3 games have too many jaggies for my taste, but it's not too bad, especially from the cockpit view with the camera bouncing around a little.

The GFX when it's RAINING are awesome IMO, the way the clouds roll in and the sky darkens looks really cool. Then when it's raining hard and you get the pooling water on the track, mist, and raindrops on your visor which interfere with visibility- it's great. It's as good as I ever thought the PS3 could do.

On a really high end PC with antialiasing and anisotropic filtering cranked with all in-game affects turned up I bet the GFX are amazing.

Got it today!

Graphics are bad and blurry-washed-out,
The public online lags and is full of reckless drivers.
Everything else seams fine :)

Back