GR.2 Bi-Weekly Monday Nights: Next Race 8/17/20 Sardegna B II

  • Thread starter Thread starter TexasJDC
  • 688 comments
  • 46,165 views
Next race is 2/24/20. You will have until 2/10/20 to test and announce your selection in the thread. If that time comes and goes without your selection, the choice will default.
 
Last edited:
Next race is 2/24/20. You will have until 2/10/20 to test and announce your selection in the thread. If that time comes and goes without your selection, the choice will default.
I’ll let you know by today
 
No need to rush, you have time to test and decide. I only mention it because this series is monthly, and has a tendency to "get lost" among all of the other ARL series and events.
 
No need to rush, you have time to test and decide. I only mention it because this series is monthly, and has a tendency to "get lost" among all of the other ARL series and events.
Gotcha I love the race and I may be leaning towards a trip to LeMans, but I’ll test a bit today and the weekend. One question though CHICANE OR NO CHICANE THAT IS THE QUESTION.
 
Gotcha I love the race and I may be leaning towards a trip to LeMans, but I’ll test a bit today and the weekend. One question though CHICANE OR NO CHICANE THAT IS THE QUESTION.
Chicane!!!!!!!!!
 
Gotcha I love the race and I may be leaning towards a trip to LeMans, but I’ll test a bit today and the weekend. One question though CHICANE OR NO CHICANE THAT IS THE QUESTION.
Cars will top out with no chicane.
 
Quick question are we allowed to pick wet races just curious. May be too chaotic but could also be fun. What do you guys think.
It’s your pick! If I’m not mistaken, we have only driven in the rain once in ARL. Could be interesting, could be frustrating, could be a disaster. You are free to pick any track/time/conditions you see fit.
Have fun!
 
So, the last few days, I’ve been driving with my first wheel. (Thanks to @GTR4MROD and another friend for a home built rig) I’ll be using it for the first time in a race Wednesday in the GR.4 series. I thought it would take me longer to make the transition, but it’s actually the opposite. It’s making me a better driver. Getting comfortable somewhat quickly. Yesterday and today, I tried out a GR.2 car at LeMans (with chicane lol) The speeds were much greater than what I’ve been trying to do in GR.4, but with the wheel, confidence was high and I was actually pulling it off. Was REALLY fun, a freakin’ blast! Using the DS4 was just not good, sharp movements and heavy on the buttons. The wheel/pedals offer so much more opportunity for finesse and finer movements overall, not to mention some bigger balls going in and out of turns faster. Anyway, I know I’ve really sucked in the last couple GR.4 races, but if there’s no objections to a noob jumpin’ in, I’d like to join in on the next Monthly Monday GR.2 at the end of February?!
 
So, the last few days, I’ve been driving with my first wheel. (Thanks to @GTR4MROD and another friend for a home built rig) I’ll be using it for the first time in a race Wednesday in the GR.4 series. I thought it would take me longer to make the transition, but it’s actually the opposite. It’s making me a better driver. Getting comfortable somewhat quickly. Yesterday and today, I tried out a GR.2 car at LeMans (with chicane lol) The speeds were much greater than what I’ve been trying to do in GR.4, but with the wheel, confidence was high and I was actually pulling it off. Was REALLY fun, a freakin’ blast! Using the DS4 was just not good, sharp movements and heavy on the buttons. The wheel/pedals offer so much more opportunity for finesse and finer movements overall, not to mention some bigger balls going in and out of turns faster. Anyway, I know I’ve really sucked in the last couple GR.4 races, but if there’s no objections to a noob jumpin’ in, I’d like to join in on the next Monthly Monday GR.2 at the end of February?!
Glad to have you join in. I’ll add you to the data and scoresheets
 
It’s your pick! If I’m not mistaken, we have only driven in the rain once in ARL. Could be interesting, could be frustrating, could be a disaster. You are free to pick any track/time/conditions you see fit.
Have fun!

Going to confirm Le Mans with Chicane for our next enduro Monthly Monday, TOD will be the earliest setting (sunrise).
 
The next GR2 race is headed towards Circuit de la Sarthe (Full Course) on 2/24/20. Below is a list of drivers on auto confirm (Green), or have confirmed their intent to race (Blue). I know there is still a month to go, but with only 3 available grid positions to fill, this needs to be published.
This race has gotten more popular as the months have progressed. Get in now, while you can. You may cancel your entry if something comes up closer to race day.
Thank you.

conf.jpg

GR2FEB.jpg
 
Last edited:
Two weeks out drivers. Not much has changed in regards to the grid and confirmations. (14 so far). If you would like in on our monthly GR2 race, please submit via the form below.
Hope to see a full lobby in two weeks time!

GR2 CONFIRMATION


conf.jpg

GR2FEB.jpg
 
With the addition of @Missedapex420 and @Jacob Falcon (being tentative), it looks like we have a full grid for this months race. Please remember, we only run one lobby for our GR2 series, so if something changes, please de-confirm yourself and let us know.
We will now accept drivers as reserve, in the event someone does not make the race.

GR2 CONFIRMATION


conf.jpg

GR2FEB.jpg
 
The next GR2 race is headed towards Circuit de la Sarthe (Full Course) on 2/24/20. Below is a list of drivers on auto confirm (Green), or have confirmed their intent to race (Blue) or have responded as tentative (Gray).
With a full grid, and only one lobby, it is imperative to state if you WILL NOT make it tomorrow night. A list of reserve drivers has been started, and its only common courtesy to give notice, so someone else can race.
Current reserve drivers list:
Thank you.

conf.jpg

GR2FEB.jpg
 
Back