*Gr.3 European Sprint Cup 2019* CHAMPIONSHIP FINISHED - Congratulations to @HoonigaN96 our Champion.

• Thread starter paoloevans
  • 652 comments
That was a good race guys, thank you!
I pretty much didnt make any mistakes, really.
I could have qualified a little higher, as i was about to start two fast laps with new tyres and very little fuel, if it wasnt for the accidental start to the race.
On what regards the race itself, it went exactly as I wanted.
In the early stages, I didnt care much about track position and tried to save as much fuel as possible. I was in 7th a certain point but gained lots of positions during the pit stops and went up to 3rd. And I never lost that position again to clinch my first podium!

Congratulations on getting a podium and apologies again for the accidental early start.

If you guys wondering why I didn't race today, that is because I had an annoying cold that results in heavy sneezing, which calls in for a rest without a race, as my parents told me to.

Also because of that, I've got no practice.

Well... It seems the race turned out to be better than exepted.

My quali lap was really bad as I could improve by 6 tenths according to my optimum time. Every time I had a purple sector in sector 1 and 2 and then I start to bottle at the two last sectors:banghead:

Starting 8th, the train in front of me was pretty fast, and I knew my only way to gain positions was to be consitent and avoid mistakes. Behind @Nico_Ble99, I just tried to follow him everytime he passed someone in order to keep his slipstream and get an higher race pace.

Fast forward to lap 14:
Fighting with @Standard_FV. Because I failed to find a way to pass him, decided to pit at the end of the lap to not loose time, and this is where I ****d up: At Brands Hatch, the pit animation is very short compared to other tracks, so I was like "OH THE CAR IS ALREADY HERE" *press X*. At this point, I just decided to add a full tank a fuel to compensate, it was not enough

Second part of the race was okay, managed to get back to @Lost Sheltie but even at Brands, overtake a mustang is a challenge. Great fight at the end, finishing P6 with my penalty, but I'm happy because exit the pit-stop incident, I didn't make a single mistake!

If you guys wondering why I didn't race today, that is because I had an annoying cold that results in heavy sneezing, which calls in for a rest without a race, as my parents told me to.

Also because of that, I've got no practice.

I did wonder where you were mate. Hope you feel better soon!

Yes, unfortunately I will miss round 5 & 6:(

Had some good battling against @Spinerkopin for a few laps. Little disappointed with my result considering my quali time, made a big mistake at the end, got engine damage, lost time and positions.
Thank you @paoloevans and everyone racing in this series, been a blast. :gtpflag:

Your welcome and thanks for taking part!

I left because the car felt undrivable.
I will join the race at Le Manns , if I am allowed.

Ok mate no worries. I'll add you back on the list.

Just to clarify though you will have to stick with the BMW. Hope it fares better this time out. Welcome back 👍

EDIT: Also you need to keep #3.

Last edited:
Ok mate no worries. I'll add you back on the list.

Just to clarify though you will have to stick with the BMW. Hope it fares better this time out. Welcome back 👍

EDIT: Also you need to keep #3.

Alright I will have the BMW M6 with #3. Brands Hatch wasn't exactly suited for the BMW.
I might have a new Livery (Most Probably the current M8 WEC one).

I'm good at making liveries, and then there are people like Azabear, asked if he would make a livery for me for the Scooby, he doesn't disappoint

IMG_20190619_172940.jpg

Hi there. Will add you to the entry list. Welcome to the series 👍

What number will you be using?

Thank you very much !!

I might change my car as a whole before the race with ample time ... but for now I’m good.

I’ll be number #1/#2/#11/#24 whichever one is open first starting on the left... thanks again.. I’ll keep u posted about livery as well but for now Basic Toyota GZ-Racing

Thank you very much !!

I might change my car as a whole before the race with ample time ... but for now I’m good.

I’ll be number #1/#2/#11/#24 whichever one is open first starting on the left... thanks again.. I’ll keep u posted about livery as well but for now Basic Toyota GZ-Racing

Great. See you on the grid! :cheers:

Edit: I've put you in as #2

If the final spot is still available I’d love a go.

PSN Name: LogSwapper
Car: Ferrari 458
Number: 717
Livery: Probably something red and extremely mediocre

Yes you can have the final space! Welcome to the series. Glad to see a Ferrari on the grid :)👍

So we have a full entry list for Le Mans.

Anyone know wether they can't make this friday or are we all good?

Hope to see you all there :)

Round 5 Success Penalties:

BottleSparks_360 - 10 Seconds

xZePhyR96x - 7 Seconds

PTLobo2 - 5 Seconds

Please note after the issue with the pit stops at Brands Hatch any failure to serve the success penalty correctly will result in a straight up 30sec penalty added to your race time.

Good luck all 👍

Round 5 Success Penalties:

BottleSparks_360 - 10 Seconds

xZePhyR96x - 7 Seconds

PTLobo2 - 5 Seconds

Please note after the issue with the pit stops at Brands Hatch any failure to serve the success penalty correctly will result in a straight up 30sec penalty added to your race time.

Good luck all 👍
Subaru top speed means I basically have a 30 second penalty anyway :lol:

@BigJimmy Hi mate. Are you planning on making any of the last 2 rounds of the series?
Hi. I was planning on dropping in tonight but I have just booked a last minute business trip for all next week, so I should really spend some quality time with the Mrs on Friday and Saturday night. However, if she isn't down for that I will come along tonight.

Hi. I was planning on dropping in tonight but I have just booked a last minute business trip for all next week, so I should really spend some quality time with the Mrs on Friday and Saturday night. However, if she isn't down for that I will come along tonight.

Ok mate nice one.

I don't think I'm going to race now, and presumably the finale as well (I may be there, hopefully). Waking up at midnight in my timezone is already putting a strain on my bed time, so good luck out there, Racers!

Last edited:
Back