*Gr.3 European Sprint Cup 2019* CHAMPIONSHIP FINISHED - Congratulations to @HoonigaN96 our Champion.

• Thread starter paoloevans
  • 652 comments
Although I'm not expecting much tonight, due to penalties and lack of top speed, I do love driving this circuit, looking forward to tonight's event 👍

IMG_20190712_172413.jpg

I made a complete mess of qualifying so only managed to get 5th (kept picking up penalties on each lap), but I figured the Mustang would be very strong and it was. Picked off @PTLobo2 4th when he ran wide after the 2nd chicane, and then just tried to short shift until the 1st pit stop. Was only a couple of seconds behind 2nd and 3rd, but that bloody Subaru was another 7 secs up the road so figured 1st was long gone.

I came out just outside the slipstream of Callum's Aston, but was able to close in after a lap or so. Managed to jump him once I was in his slipstream, and then ambushed @Spinerkopin & @HoonigaN96 (when he served a large penalty just after Mulsanne) and then just put the foot down and was lucky enough to leave them fighting for 2nd.

Below is the last couple of laps battle, which looked like great fun and helped me to victory :)

I've shared the full replay in game if you want to watch all of it - https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/replay/2862657/5773703795632506376

Qualifying wasnt too bad and i got 4th, although i went down to 5th early in the race.
Having to do a 5 second penalty, i tried to go for a riskier strategy and not change tyres... That wasnt a good idea. I had no grip at the end and went from 6th to 8th... It couldnt have gone much worse...

View attachment 840784
So heres my Viper #82 for the season finale this month.

Thanks to all who have raced in my Championship this year and made it possible.

Is everyone on the entry list for Round 6 still planning on attending?

Cheers all :cheers:👍

Can't believe it's been 7 months since that first race at the Nurburgring got this ball rolling, it's been good, we need to keep this thing going for another season. I look forward to our races once a Friday every month, much more relaxed and a nice change of pace from most e-sports tournaments and league's have been, @paoloevans hats off to you and everyone else involved for making it all happen

And don't worry, the Subaru will be there on the 16th

Can't believe it's been 7 months since that first race at the Nurburgring got this ball rolling, it's been good, we need to keep this thing going for another season. I look forward to our races once a Friday every month, much more relaxed and a nice change of pace from most e-sports tournaments and league's have been, @paoloevans hats off to you and everyone else involved for making it all happen

And don't worry, the Subaru will be there on the 16th

Thank you mate. 👍

God damn it. I completely forgot about the last two races. :ouch::eek: And if I got tagged by anyone, I did not recieve any notifications. Whoops.

Had loads of stuff to do at work and other things happned, seems like that's why I forgot about it.

God damn it. I completely forgot about the last two races. :ouch::eek: And if I got tagged by anyone, I did not recieve any notifications. Whoops.

Had loads of stuff to do at work and other things happned, seems like that's why I forgot about it.

No worries mate :)

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

I have just noticed that there is now a qualifying feature for lobby races.:)

I will be implementing this into the final round this month. (I won't therefore have to keep kicking randoms through half my qualy session anymore :lol:).

The lobby will open at 19:30 UK time as normal. The qualifying session will being at 19:40 and will last for 20 minutes. Therefore the race still begins at 20:00 but you will need to be in the room and ready to go at 19:40 when the qualifying starts!!

:cheers:

I'll be there too, I hope with a new livery.👍

Unfortunately, the decals I need aren't in the game and I struggle to upload them, I saw a thread at the livery section where we can request decals in SVG format but I don't know if someone is ready to make 40 decals for me :confused:

Unfortunately, I won't be able to participate on the St. Croix round.
Nevertheless, I would to like to wish everyone a good race and say thank you for two very enjoiable rounds.
Finally, I am interested in joining season 2, in case there is one, that is.

Ok no worries. Thanks for letting me know and thank you for participating.

In reference to Season 2, I am unsure at the moment if and when I will be doing it. I'll let you know here anyways 👍:)

We've done Europe, Asian tour next up maybe? ;)

Yes thats a very good idea 👍

I'm deciding wether I am going to be committed enough to do a season again running off the pace of you guys lol!!

The drivers on my level seemed to leave the series! So yeh we'll see and need to speak to the missus about running another one ;)

Back