GR.3 Saturday

• Thread starter TexasJDC
  • 21,901 comments
Wasn't a no show i was tentative

Whatever...makes no sense to even bother commiting to being tentative at all.

I think you're misinterpreting the new rule. You lose a set of soft tires for each race you miss regardless if you're tentative or confirmed.

It prevents people from stock piling sets that don't show up to race. I have 6% ballast, a strategy I could use is not show up at all, allow 3 more drivers to gain ballast, all while I save 1 set of softs by not showing up. But that's not the case, if I don't race I lose a set. At least that's how I'm interpreting the new rule.

I think you're misinterpreting the new rule. You lose a set of soft tires for each race you miss regardless if you're tentative or confirmed.

It prevents people from stock piling sets that don't show up to race. I have 6% ballast, a strategy I could use is not show up at all, allow 3 more drivers to gain ballast, all while I save 1 set of softs by not showing up. But that's not the case, if I don't race I lose a set. At least that's how I'm interpreting the new rule.

You are spot on with that explanation, we want to avoid giving the advantage to those who don't race. It has nothing to do with weekly confirmation status. :cheers:

Nailed it

178B618A-F9F4-4894-8ED9-0C900C9202A8.jpeg
I am giving up my BMW for the remainder of the season I will not be able to make alot of these race anyways.

Tough race for me this weekend. Struggled throughout the practice, qualifying session and race.

The first stint during the race was rather handful and only got a little better within a few laps, but I couldn't keep up as the brakes were behaving strangely and grip-less, and steering felt awfully slow and elephant-like. The car felt like a tug of war with a stubborn bulldog across the track. I did a quick check on my settings and realized that my ABS settings and steering settings were reset to default values for unknown reasons... :banghead:

I have completely no idea how the hell the game's bugging me out but it just looked plain silly that I had to put up a poor performance and pace. Looking out to the next race weekend with corrected settings then!

Tough race for me this weekend. Struggled throughout the practice, qualifying session and race.

The first stint during the race was rather handful and only got a little better within a few laps, but I couldn't keep up as the brakes were behaving strangely and grip-less, and steering felt awfully slow and elephant-like. The car felt like a tug of war with a stubborn bulldog across the track. I did a quick check on my settings and realized that my ABS settings and steering settings were reset to default values for unknown reasons... :banghead:

I have completely no idea how the hell the game's bugging me out but it just looked plain silly that I had to put up a poor performance and pace. Looking out to the next race weekend with corrected settings then!
I hear the frustration my friend. I had the worst race i think ive ever had (well close) in gr3. Saturday aft practice was satisfactory - show time for whatever reason i couldn't get it together. Just awful.

I hear the frustration my friend. I had the worst race i think ive ever had (well close) in gr3. Saturday aft practice was satisfactory - show time for whatever reason i couldn't get it together. Just awful.
I know right, it seems like someone spent time overnight to scrub the track green and added soap all over the place. :lol:

Either way, the race taught me a very important lesson: check all them settings before you even step in. (haha)
Though the biggest takeaway I've had is - adaptability, I had to adjust my braking/turning point every lap and throttle to keep the car as steady as I can as the condition changes.

Last edited:
Special news bulletin breaking:
After many months of getting his **** together, nog3861 is ready to make a comeback to ARL racing. Death Wish Coffee is still my primary sponsor, but to honor my Las Vegas goombahs, I will be running the Boulevard Bar & Grille Genesis Hyundai to finish out this season. Looking forward to getting back and racing with you muckity mucks...that is, if you'll have me!

BBG DWC1.jpg
BBG DWC2.jpg

After many months of getting his **** together, nog3861 is ready to make a comeback to ARL racing. Death Wish Coffee is still my primary sponsor, but to honor my Las Vegas goombahs, I will be running the Boulevard Bar & Grille Genesis Hyundai to finish out this season. Looking forward to getting back and racing with you muckity mucks...that is, if you'll have me!

View attachment 985700 View attachment 985701

Welcome to Silver division!!

View attachment 985700 View attachment 985701

Welcome back my friend. :cheers:

Back